Jack Hawksmoor's attack on Marvel New York

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Fight in New York. No prep or outside tech, no character above high meta.

Jack Hawksmoor

vs

All of New York heroes and villains.

Mindset
Doom comes to NY just to kill him.

Gecko4lif
If no one above high meta come then jack has a grand ole time

psycho gundam
spider-man, daredevil, dr.strange (not sure how powerful he is since losing his status and items), the new avengers team and the mighty avengers team, etc reside in new york

KingD19
Isn't Cho in New York as well?

psycho gundam
not sure about him anymore, but, the op didn't specify which ny we're talking about (city or state)

Johnny Sorrow
Jack would win. This is almost spite.

grimify
Jack is basically a god in a city that size.

srankmissingnin
Jack can be beaten pretty easily theoretically. He has a symbiotic relation ship with the city, do enough damage to the city and it effects Jack. I'm just not sure that is a viable option for the heroes of New York, what with civilians casualties and insane property damage, all that jazz.

Prep-Man
Jack.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Jack can be beaten pretty easily theoretically. He has a symbiotic relation ship with the city, do enough damage to the city and it effects Jack. I'm just not sure that is a viable option for the heroes of New York, what with civilians casualties and insane property damage, all that jazz.

If he's sufficiently weakened, he'll just transport to another city.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
If he's sufficiently weakened, he'll just transport to another city.

And if he voluntarily BFR himself, that is a loss, also known as a retreat.

Estacado
New york battle suit FTW.

marwash22
Reed builds some kinda contraption that keeps him from leaving the city and the f4 wrecks him.

Bentley
Originally posted by marwash22
Reed builds some kinda contraption that keeps him from leaving the city and the f4 wrecks him.

No external tech. Battle on the New York city but you can use heroes from all the State.

Johnny Sorrow
And if he voluntarily BFR himself, that is a loss, also known as a retreat.

At that point, I doubt there would be enough left of the city to claim a victory for the heroes. Besides, he visited Moscow when it got dive-bombed by the Children of Gamorra and only got a bloody nose.

Mindset
At that point, I doubt there would be enough left of the city to claim a victory for the heroes. Besides, he visited Moscow when it got dive-bombed by the Children of Gamorra and only got a bloody nose. They aren't trying to save the city, they are trying to beat Jack.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Mindset
They aren't trying to save the city, they are trying to beat Jack.

Destroying the city, even completely, won't kill Jack. Plus he can just rebuild the damage.

marwash22
Destroying the city, even completely, won't kill Jack. Plus he can just rebuild the damage. Uh, doesn't he get hurt when the city gets busted up? If the heroes mess up the city and retreating to another city counts as a loss, he will get trounced.

Gecko4lif
Uh, doesn't he get hurt when the city gets busted up? If the heroes mess up the city and retreating to another city counts as a loss, he will get trounced.
It pains and weakens him but it doesnt actually damage him

Originally posted by Estacado
New york battle suit FTW.

QFT, NY Megazord will wipe them out.

Johnny Sorrow
Uh, doesn't he get hurt when the city gets busted up? If the heroes mess up the city and retreating to another city counts as a loss, he will get trounced.

To a limited extent. He can exist outside of cities but loses his bodily superhuman powers.

I don't know what "high meta" means, so I can't tell how much damage these people can do.

srankmissingnin
To a limited extent. He can exist outside of cities but loses his bodily superhuman powers.

I don't know what "high meta" means, so I can't tell how much damage these people can do.

In my mind high meta tops out at Iron Man.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
It pains and weakens him but it doesnt actually damage him

I'm almost positive he has gone comatose before from substantial damage to the city he was linked too.

Bentley
I'm almost positive he has gone comatose before from substantial damage to the city he was linked too.

Scan/issue number?

Johnny Sorrow

Unlondon?

The Nuul
Team wins.

X-Men + Magneto can do it.

No need for others.

Bentley
Magneto is low herald.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by The Nuul
Team wins.

X-Men + Magneto can do it.

No need for others.

Sorry you missed the whole "move to San Fran" thing.

The Nuul
Yup, it appears so. I havent read those shitty X books in a while.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yup, it appears so. I havent read those shitty X books in a while.

Since 2007?

The Nuul
Wayyyy before that.

marwash22
f4 is enough to get this done, they don't need the X-Men.

Simple: burn and stomp the crap outta the city and he gets weakened, from there, he gets lit up. If he retreats, that's a loss as well.

Johnny Sorrow
f4 is enough to get this done, they don't need the X-Men.

Simple: burn and stomp the crap outta the city and he gets weakened, from there, he gets lit up. If he retreats, that's a loss as well.

Pssshhh, right. They don't have the power to wipe out downtown, let alone the city, before he smacks them around.

marwash22
lulz. Seriously? Human Torch doesn't have the power to wipe out a metropolitan area? what the hell have i been reading.

Bentley
Let's not forget Jack can teleport around the city and make it a giantic megazord armor.

marwash22
giant megazord-building armor = dust, in the wake of nova blast.

The Nuul
Is there Civilians around?

marwash22
who cares, we're trying to kill Jack, not save people.

Johnny Sorrow

So you want the F4 to act out of character too?

I want examples of Johnny using the Nova Flame in civilian areas.

Parmaniac
who cares, we're trying to kill Jack, not save people. Ever heard of CIS?

The Nuul

CIS is on. Jack would kill people and 95% of the Marvel team wouldnt kill.

It matters because people that could destroy the city wouldnt do so.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Bentley
Fight in New York. No prep or outside tech, no character above high meta.

Jack Hawksmoor

vs

All of New York heroes and villains.

Marvel ftw

Sandman, Hydroman, The Spot and Electro are in NY.

marwash22
lol. the OP doesn't say shit about this. You people crack me up pulling stipulations outta your asses just because you can't counter an argument.

Ok. Sue and Reed and everyone else evacuates the entire city... Johnny goes Nova... FIGHT CONCLUDES!

The Nuul
lol. the OP doesn't say shit about this. You people crack me up pulling stipulations outta your asses just because you can't counter an argument.

Ok. Sue and Reed and everyone else evacuate the entire city... Johnny goes Nova... FIGHT CONCLUDES!

Sock/troll?

Read the rules.

Bentley
So you want the F4 to act out of character too?

I want examples of Johnny using the Nova Flame in civilian areas.

There are civilians, no external tech to evacuate.

marwash22
what rules? My scenario does not step outside of the rules set in the OP.

marwash22
There are civilians, no external tech to evacuate. Who said anything about Tech? Are you telling me that all the villains and heroes in new york can't evacuate a city using only their powers? you're a fool.

Bentley
what rules? My scenario does not step outside of the rules set in the OP.

CIS is on by default.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Marvel ftw

marwash22
CIS is on by default. And wtf exactly does that entail? If CIS is on automatically, then the entire premise of your thread is nonsensical 'cause the villains wouldn't help. Also, CIS dictates that Marvel heroes will figure out a way.

Stop trying to put a stranglehold on the thread.

marwash22
Spot... can evacuate a city solo. Johnny goes Nova... fight concludes.

Bentley
And wtf exactly does that entail? If CIS is on automatically, then the entire premise of your thread is nonsensical 'cause the villains wouldn't help. Also, CIS dictates that Marvel heroes will figure out a way.

Stop trying to put a stranglehold on the thread.

CIS will make them act in character but they'll still oppose Jack. CIS does not imply in anyways that the good guys win.

marwash22
Whatever you say. CIS is on.

Marvel ftw

Sandman, Hydroman, The Spot and Electro are in NY. ^ Spot evacuates. Johnny annihilates.

Johnny Sorrow
Marvel ftw

Like they could beat someone who controls all functions of a city.

And for emphasis, he controls all functions of a city. You think the Marvel heroes and villains will simply evacuate all civilians without him noticing?

Parmaniac

And for emphasis, he controls all functions of a city. You think the Marvel heroes and villains will simply evacuate all civilians without him noticing? I guess he isn't starting with that "Megazord-City-Suite" right?

And if he is in it he is in it right? In other words sitting somewhere inside of it right?

marwash22

And for emphasis, he controls all functions of a city. You think the Marvel heroes and villains will simply evacuate all civilians without him noticing? you make no sense.

This is basically a three squad job.

Squad one: all the villains and heroes. they distract Jack with attacks.

Squad two: Spot. he removes the people.

Squad three: Johnny. nova.

The Nuul
Destory the city and he gets hurt.

Bentley
To be honest, Jack in a city would downright kill Sandman.

Johnny Sorrow
I guess he isn't starting with that "Megazord-City-Suite" right?

And if he is in it he is in it right? In other words sitting somewhere inside of it right?

He starts off in the city, non-giant robot constructed. Just in the city.

Johnny Sorrow
you make no sense.

This is basically a three squad job.

Squad one: all the villains and heroes. they distract Jack with attacks.

Squad two: Spot. he removes the people.

Squad three: Johnny. nova.

They can totally harrow a guy who can phase through concrete and buildings, and has a localized control over gravity. vin

marwash22
Please, take a moment to read your comments and realize how absurd you sound. According to you, all these heroes and villains wont be able to even distract Jack? Also, since when does rampaging equal, not wanting people to flee the city?

I understand not wanting to be wrong, but you're being ridiculous.

Bentley
We all agree that Jack can phase, solidify, increase density, feel and teleport all through the City as if it was Vision using his body right?

Magneto is low herald.

He's mid to high herald you ****** mad

marwash22
Stop dodging the point. Where does keeping people from leaving come into play as he is attacking the city? Systematically tailoring the thread as you go just to counter an argument is foul. All of a sudden, Jack doesn't want people to leave... you made no mention of this until i brought up the city being evacuated.

Bentley
Stop dodging the point. Where does keeping people from leaving come into play as he is attacking the city? Systematically tailoring the thread as you go just to counter an argument is foul. All of a sudden, Jack doesn't want people to leave... you made no mention of this until i brought up the city being evacuated.

I didn't say Jack doesn't want people to leave, I said he can eat his enemies into the solid ground to kill them.

If Jack's powers are dependant on the city (including people living on it) it would make sense for him to keep them there, right?

Jacks will buthcer them all. I really doubt HT going nova would destroy his megazord battle suit. The power he draws from al the energy and the life force of the city (possibly including his enemies) is unebelievable, he wrecked that genocide machine that had wiped ultra-tech future earth out. By melding with/absorbing the city he'd absorb baxter building and its resources into the battle suit too. He'd swat johnny down like a fly before the city could be consumed by his fire.

For all intents and purposes he has cosmic awareness within urban settings so they're not blindsiding or fooling him with an evacuation. And how long would it take to evac the city? Most of them would be kiled long before that.

The Nuul
This Marwash guy clearly doesnt know anything about Jack.

Badabing
Marwash, i don't know you but your posts are getting reported. Tone down the veiled flaming/trolling please. I really don't feel like researching your account in any detail.

Just to make things clear:

Originally posted by Badabing
Moderators

Moderators are a group of volunteers who help maintain order on the forums. They help enforce the rules and make sure the forums are a fun place to be. Please remember that moderators are humans and not robots and if they make a decision that you disagree with you cannot argue with them in public. Instead contact them privately to resolve the matter, or contact the Administrator.

KMC Guidelines & Forum Rules

That means do not reply to me in this thread if you have questions or a problem with my post. Use the PM. Thanks.

Parmaniac
Oh no... it's that troll Badabing again...

Badabing
Oh no... it's that troll Badabing again... I've had enough of him! sneer

Originally posted by Badabing
Marwash, i don't know you but your posts are getting reported. Tone down the veiled flaming/trolling please. I really don't feel like researching your account in any detail.

Just to make things clear:

That means do not reply to me in this thread if you have questions or a problem with my post. Use the PM. Thanks. Next time it's a warning. uhuh

Johnny Sorrow
Please, take a moment to read your comments and realize how absurd you sound. According to you, all these heroes and villains wont be able to even distract Jack? Also, since when does rampaging equal, not wanting people to flee the city?

I understand not wanting to be wrong, but you're being ridiculous.

Not if he doesn't want them to. Phasing, superhuman strength, gravity control, accelerated healing, etc. Most of them are cannon fodder anyway. He decimated Kaizen's superhuman clones when he took control of Gamorra: all of them move as fast as Apollo and can divebomb into cities without getting hurt.

You're making the random assumption that the entire population of NYC is going to be evacuated in time for HT to unleash a Nova Flame, ignoring that Jack's connection to the city will alert him to spatial distortions similar to Spot's teleportation method.

And if he really needs to, he can draw upon the power of all the cities in the world. Thing wouldn't stand a chance.

marwash22
lmfao. You're gonna report me... for what, exactly? Expressing an opinion? Do what you must, you clown.

marwash22
lulz. this thread is ridiculous. Why do people make vs. threads that severely handicap one side?

Bentley
lulz. this thread is ridiculous. Why do people make vs. threads that severely handicap one side?

Its hard to make fair matches, my point was that no one side would win the battle easily, that's the idea of the no-spite rule.

marwash22
Understood. But the way this is set up, it becomes spite against the heroes/villains of New York.

Mindset
Ever heard of CIS? Villains are fighting.

Parmaniac
Villains are fighting. I realised that 2 posts later stick out tongue

Mindset
I love you.

Bentley
Villains are fighting. Originally posted by Parmaniac
I realised that 2 posts later stick out tongue

Why did you guys didn't tell me this was spite mad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.