firestorm vs juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
juggernaut vs each firestorm incarnation (one after the other, juggernaut needs no rest)

lightyeargee
One Firestorm should be enough. Any of them.

psycho gundam
you think they'd be able to transmute him?

Galan007
Every version of FS wins.

BFR, baby! wink

lightyeargee
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you think they'd be able to transmute him?
No. But they should be able to turn the air he is breathing into something to knock him out. Or Turn his suit into adamantium effectively making him a statue. Or Teleporting him off the planet. I think one Firestorm can even force someone to merge with him.

psycho gundam
minus bfr cause that's a given

Galan007
^ Then there's really nothing any version of FS can do to harm Juggy.

psycho gundam
damn, it's that bleak?

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Then there's really nothing any version of FS can do to harm Juggy. I thought this was just a fight. Why can't they do the things I said they could do like knock him out or immobilize him? Or Merge him into the matrix?

Mindset
Juggs doesn't need to breathe.

I doubt knock out gas would work anyway.

Adamantium thing should work, though.

psycho gundam
most likely inertron cause of the whole "adamani...what?" thing

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
damn, it's that bleak? Well you DID pick one of THE most invulnerable characters in comics to put FS up against, lol. Imo, his only real option in stopping Juggy would be to encase him in some type of unbreakable substance... But I'm not quite sure what 'unbreakable' DC element FS has knowledge of..? The only one that comes to mind is Promethium - but Im not even sure that'd hold for long.

mmm

Originally posted by lightyeargee
I thought this was just a fight. Why can't they do the things I said they could do like knock him out or immobilize him? Or Merge him into the matrix? FS doesn't possess enough power to KO Juggy -- hardly any non-telepath does. FS has never merged a magical being into the Matrix, so I am not willing to say he could do so with Juggy.

Immobilization seems to be his best bet.

lightyeargee
Well you DID pick one of THE most invulnerable characters in comics to put FS up against, lol. Imo, his only real option in stopping Juggy would be to encase him in some type of unbreakable substance... But I'm not quite sure what 'unbreakable' DC element FS has knowledge of..? The only one that comes to mind is Promethium - but Im not even sure that'd hold for long.

mmm

FS doesn't possess enough power to KO Juggy -- hardly any non-telepath does. FS has never merged a magical being into the Matrix, so I am not willing to say he could do so with Juggy.

Immobilization seems to be his best bet.
Firestorm makes up substances too. Like when he caged Thor. Just an unbreakable quantum field of some kind.

Galan007
^ I thought of the quantum containment field, but a.) it was entirely undefined. Yes it held Thor for the single panel in which it was used, but we don't know how long it could have kept holding him -- much less Juggy. b.) FS has only used the aforementioned ability that one time. Thus there are no other ways to gauge it. c.) JLA/Avengers was a screwy crossover where powersets are concerned. For instance, a single blast of Iron Man's repulsors were sufficient to down Superman (which is ridiculous.)

lightyeargee
^ I thought of the quantum containment field, but a.) it was entirely undefined. Yes it held Thor for the single panel in which it was used, but we don't know how long it could have kept holding him -- much less Juggy. b.) FS has only used the aforementioned ability that one time. Thus there are no other ways to gauge it. c.) JLA/Avengers was a screwy crossover where powersets are concerned. For instance, a single blast of Iron Man's repulsors were sufficient to down Superman (which is ridiculous.) That might have had to do with Iron Man having a mother box. But I think Thor is offensively more powerful than Juggernaught. So if it held Thor, it would Hold Juggy. Plus why not just turn the ground Juggs walks on into some kind of smooshy non adhesive substance. He'd just be stuck. The New Warriors did it to him with some melted Steel. He couldn't even move as he had nothing to push against really.

Galan007
^ It was never mentioned that IM's powers were altered. Anyhow, I think having FS transmute the battlefield into something slippery so Juggy couldn't move, is digging kind of deep... Reminds me of a Looney Tunes sketch.

lightyeargee
^ It was never mentioned that IM's powers were altered. Anyhow, I think having FS transmute the battlefield into something slippery so Juggy couldn't move, is digging kind of deep... Reminds me of a Looney Tunes sketch. Didn't he do something ridiculous like that when he fought Orion?

Galan007
Didn't he do something ridiculous like that when he fought Orion? He didn't do anything like that.

He did own Orion via a lead weight and titanium restraints, though.

psycho gundam
^ It was never mentioned that IM's powers were altered. Anyhow, I think having FS transmute the battlefield into something slippery so Juggy couldn't move, is digging kind of deep... Reminds me of a Looney Tunes sketch. spider-man did it

marwash22
aren't they trying to beat him, not trap him?

D_Dude1210
No. But they should be able to turn the air he is breathing into something to knock him out. Or Turn his suit into adamantium effectively making him a statue. Or Teleporting him off the planet. I think one Firestorm can even force someone to merge with him.

Juggernaut doesn't need to breathe, so no.

If the FF is up, I doubt that FF would be able to touch Juggy through that. Xmute or no. Nor would any kind of "merging" work.

BFR is the only thing I know that could work. And that is, if Juggernaut CAN be touched through the FF.

Juggy can't touch him though, so FF wins thru eventually figuring out how to BFR jugz.

basilisk
Juggernaut doesn't breath and he is immune to knockout gas etc anyway.

The adamantium/promethium/inerton would be interesting options - say if FS just turned all the air within 5 ft of Juggernaut into the stuff. It comes back to the questions of whether Juggs can bust stuff like adamantium. If he isn't moving when he gets trapped then he may be in real trouble.

The other methods, such as turning the ground around Juggs into a frictionless substance, or a building sized mass of liquid concrete or worse, might be enough to take him out of the battle even though they wouldn't harm him in any way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.