spiderman is back in black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-twitter-campaign-wants-community-actor-to-be-first-non-white-spider-man.html

sad

Scythe
Not gonna lie, though this thread was about Spider-Man bein' a black guy from now on.

Oh wait......

chomperx9
is storm gonna be white in the next X-men film for equal rights or what ? i mean come on. i read some blog about spiderman doesnt need to be another white guy. one that title is racist and 2 thats his character color. deal with it

Scythe
Maybe it could be a good move, I mean, it did wonders for Catwoman.

/sarcasm, probably..

chomperx9
Originally posted by Scythe
Maybe it could be a good move, I mean, it did wonders for Catwoman.

/sarcasm, probably.. it could turn out to be a good movie. that karate kid movie could be a good one as well.

Bicnarok

dadudemon
People would throw a sh*tstorm if they made Blade white.

So, why would they make Spiderman, an almost stereotypical nerdy white-guy type, a different race?

I would not want Blade's race to be changed...same goes for Spidey. Their race doesn't define them, I guess, but it's just not the same. It's the blankey syndrome I preach about, for sure.

Liberator
Yeah agreed. I mean there is nothing wrong with a black man portraying spider man, don't get me wrong on that, it just doesn't fit the actual character of Spider Man.

It would be the same if it were the other way around, if Spider Man was a nerdy black guy, a white guy just wouldn't be able to play the part correctly.

Bardock42
I'm all for this. Worked well for Catwoman.

inimalist
why is this relevant at all? Spider-Man's character has never been tied to his racial identity (something that unfortunatly cannot be said for most black characters ), so it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Unless of course they do what we all know they would do, and just ebonic up Spidey and make the whole thing a parody of the character, like they did with Kingpin in Daredevil.

EDIT: just to expand, its not that I think its a good idea, just to shake things up. Even from the article above, we can see that people are proposing this as a total gimmic. However, if a director legitimatly opened up casting to people from all races, and it turned out that a black/hispanic/asian guy got the part, I think it could work, if handled in a mature way (not just blacksploitation spiderman, which is almost certainly what is going to happen in the current scenario)

inimalist
Originally posted by Liberator
it just doesn't fit the actual character of Spider Man.

which part?

poor young adult, parents abscent, loner, discovers he has a responsibilty because he is powerful, everything he loves falls apart because of his "destiny" to be spiderman.

"white and nerdy" is easily done as "black and nerdy"

Rogue Jedi
I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. Spidey has always been portrayed as a white guy, changing that is insane. Think about this:

Taye Diggs as Wolverine.
Nic Cage as Blade.
Will Smith as Superman.
Sam Jackson as Batman.

Bullshit.

Ms.Marvel
i actually preferred will smith's superman to the white version. at least his had a personality.

inimalist
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Taye Diggs as Wolverine.

actually, as long as it wasn't pandering to the audience, a black wolverine wouldn't be outrageous

Nic Cage as Blade.

Blade doesn't work because he is a specific blacksploitation character. His blackness is part of the identity of the character much more than whiteness is for Spidey or Wolverine.

Will Smith as Superman.

This wouldn't work because of Supes character. He is the myth of the archetypal American, much like the Blonde haired and blue eyed German. Changing his race would have a major impact on this.

Sam Jackson as Batman.

In this case, it wouldn't work because of Wayne. He "hides-in-plain-sight", and a black millionaire playboy is going to attract more media attention and investigation than in some loner white millionaire. He delibrately sticks to a steryotype that makes people leave him alone, which wouldn't work if he were black (at least not as well). However, the character of Batman could easily be played by someone of any race, or by a woman.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i actually preferred will smith's superman to the white version. at least his had a personality. But you see what I am getting at?

inimalist
you don't like change?

Bardock42
Honestly I don't think the race matters so much, I could imagine there being a good movie with a black Spiderman-like character...

Ms.Marvel
But you see what I am getting at?

messing with you dear stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Figured roll eyes (sarcastic)

Denzel as Professor X.
A pink Hulk.

Bardock42

Denzel as Professor X.
A pink Hulk.

Why not?

Symmetric Chaos
Denzel as Professor X.

That's not a bad fit.

A pink Hulk.

The bears would love it.

Mindset
There is a Hispanic Spiderman in the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_2099

Also, Danny Glover is hilarious, he'd be more like Spiderman than Tobey Maguire, aside from looks.

chomperx9
the japaneese have their own version of him.

il find a link to it

Parmaniac
Originally posted by chomperx9
the japaneese have their own version of him.

il find a link to it Yeah and they can keep their own version. I've seen partial stuff of it, it sucks... It's like Spider-man meets the Power Rangers.

Liberator
Originally posted by inimalist
which part?

poor young adult, parents abscent, loner, discovers he has a responsibilty because he is powerful, everything he loves falls apart because of his "destiny" to be spiderman.

"white and nerdy" is easily done as "black and nerdy"

No, no I mean how he was originally portrayed.

I mean in the comics he is white.

I have nothing against a black person portraying him of course, I'm just saying he won't fit the original character.

Should be interesting though, I like getting new takes on a familiar story.

Shakyamunison
Sure, a black man as spiderman would be fine, but do we really need another spiderman movie? sick

Digi
Clearly this isn't going to be seriously considered. However, there's no reason a fair number of characters can't be played by various races, depending on the character. I actually think Spidey would make a smoother transition to an Asian than a black man. And if they wanted to remain in stereotype, his power set lends itself to anime-style kung fu action more than most.

Will Smith as Superman.
Sam Jackson as Batman.

The first actually happened and was kinda cool. The 2nd is pure win. You didn't really make your case with these examples.

Denzel as Professor X.
A pink Hulk.

Also awesome on the first, and just give Loeb a few more years...

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Clearly this isn't going to be seriously considered. However, there's no reason a fair number of characters can't be played by various races, depending on the character. I actually think Spidey would make a smoother transition to an Asian than a black man. And if they wanted to remain in stereotype, his power set lends itself to anime-style kung fu action more than most.

The first actually happened and was kinda cool. The 2nd is pure win. You didn't really make your case with these examples.

Also awesome on the first, and just give Loeb a few more years... Why asian?

inimalist
Originally posted by Liberator
No, no I mean how he was originally portrayed.

I mean in the comics he is white.

I have nothing against a black person portraying him of course, I'm just saying he won't fit the original character.

Should be interesting though, I like getting new takes on a familiar story.

you would be correct if we were assuming that the only people black people could play are those who follow black steryotypes, else, there is nothing in Spidey's original character that wouldn't also be just as relevant if Parker were black.

There is no reason he couldn't be is what I'm saying.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindset
Why asian?

Spiderman is smart. Asians are smart. Japan already has practice with Spiderman. It's a perfect fit!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by dadudemon

So, why would they make Spiderman, an almost stereotypical nerdy white-guy type, a different race?

I would not want Blade's race to be changed...same goes for Spidey. Their race doesn't define them, I guess, but it's just not the same. It's the blankey syndrome I preach about, for sure.

Aside from that, is there any purpose to it? Not really...

From the article:

That's just retarded. By that logic, in this day and age, why do we bother making movies with white people in it...

Mindset
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Aside from that, is there any purpose to it? Not really...

From the article:

That's just retarded. By that logic, in this day and age, why do we bother making movies with white people in it... I assume you read the whole article and know why the question was raised.

If so, I don't see how your logic is the same as his at all.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
That's just retarded. By that logic, in this day and age, why do we bother making movies with white people in it...

What? That doesn't follow from what it says there at all.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why not? Because Professor X was created by Stan Lee as being a white guy. If he is portrayed in a movie as a black guy, they are not staying true to Stan Lee's vision. And what DDM said about Blade as a white guy, same thing.

Symmetric Chaos
Because Professor X was created by Stan Lee as being a white guy. If he is portrayed in a movie as a black guy, they are not staying true to Stan Lee's vision. And what DDM said about Blade as a white guy, same thing.

Professor X today is very different from Stan Lee's original vision of him, unless "bald, white, psychic" is supposed to be his entire character.

BlackZero30x

my point exactly!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Professor X today is very different from Stan Lee's original vision of him, unless "bald, white, psychic" is supposed to be his entire character. Stan Lee created X as being white. Therefore he should stay white. I don't see why that is so difficult to grasp.

Symmetric Chaos
Stan Lee created X as being white. Therefore he should stay white. I don't see why that is so difficult to grasp.

Stan Lee created him as a cripple. He's no longer crippled.
Stan Lee created him as the leader of the X-men. He's no longer in charge.
Stan Lee created him with the power to telekinetically deflect marbles. He can no longer do that.
Stan Lee created him as a morally pure person. He's been revealed as kind of a dick.

Parmaniac
Stan Lee created him with the power to telekinetically deflect marbles. He can no longer do that.
Stan Lee created him as a morally pure person. He's been revealed as kind of a dick. But all that aside he's still the same stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Stan Lee created him as a morally pure person. He's been revealed as kind of a dick.

So that justifies changing his race, yeah?

Symmetric Chaos
So that justifies changing his race, yeah?

After changing his personality and powerset making him a race traitor can't be all that bad.

Shakyamunison
Why don't we change spiderman to spiderwoman?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why don't we change spiderman to spiderwoman?

Because it would be confusing to have two. No wait . . . Because it would be excessive to have three.

Shakyamunison
Because it would be confusing to have two. No wait . . . Because it would be excessive to have three.

No, just give him a sex change. You could still use a black male actor if you like.

Mr Parker
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-twitter-campaign-wants-community-actor-to-be-first-non-white-spider-man.html

sad

this better be a sick joke.that would have been okay with the the last three films to do it that way since those movies were a complete joke and disgraceful to the comics and did nothing right in them like having Peter know Mary Jane since grade school when he never met her till college.

That would have been okay for that film series since they did everything else wrong with those movies but their rebotting it so they need to get it RIGHT this time.That means not caving in to what these idiots on twitter want and do it the right way.

If they want to have some black actor play spider-man,then do that in a community theatre production dont do it when your trying to correct the mistakes the first three mvoes made. mad whats next,a black Bruce Wayne,a black Clark Kent? roll eyes (sarcastic)

inimalist
how does making a character black change them in any significant way? Unless racial identity was a core part of the character in the first place, it is inconsequential in the end.

Mr Parker
is storm gonna be white in the next X-men film for equal rights or what ? i mean come on. i read some blog about spiderman doesnt need to be another white guy. one that title is racist and 2 thats his character color. deal with it

yeah really,I mean come on,might as well make Storm white in the next X men movie if they are going to complain want equal rights or make a movie about Luck Cage and have a white actor play him then if their going to go off on all this nonsense of why does he need to be white crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
how does making a character black change them in any significant way? Unless racial identity was a core part of the character in the first place, it is inconsequential in the end.

you need to read through that post again and also what he just said here below.

Symmetric Chaos
No, just give him a sex change. You could still use a black male actor if you like.

This has already been done in the comics. Seriously.

inimalist
Originally posted by Mr Parker
you need to read through that post again and also what he just said here below.

storm, as a character, has a strong connection with Africa, and it would be less appropriate the change her race.

A character like Falcoln or Luke Cage, sure, make them white, it could be done fairly easily.

I just don't see why it is a big deal. There would be nothing different about Peter Parker at all.

Shakyamunison
This has already been done in the comics. Seriously.

Really? eek!

Symmetric Chaos
Really? eek!

Yeah. Ultimate Spiderman woke up as a woman at one point. It took a while to find out that it was the beginning of their version of the Clone Saga.

Parmaniac
Yeah. Ultimate Spiderman woke up as a woman at one point. It took a while to find out that it was the beginning of their version of the Clone Saga. 616
Loki, Ultron

Mindset
So that justifies changing his race, yeah? It doesn't need to be justified.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sony doesn't know what they wanna do.. their a bunch of dummies

Mr Parker
god you people just dont listen.it would have been okay when they made those first three movies because those movies we so horrible and they screwed up just about everything in those movies making it totally disloyal to the comic. This time with a reboot,there is no more room for screwups anymore.do it right or dont do it at all.geez.cant believe thats so hard to comprehend. roll eyes (sarcastic) chomperx TRIED to explain it at the beginning but some choose to cover their ears and not listen.that being the case since thats what people are doing,no sense in going any further with this.

AGAIN they want some black actor in a spiderman show,make a community theater production out of it but leave spidey the hell alone when making a movie out of him and cast him right.

they are always finding ways to screw up this character thats near and dear to me.first they turrn him into a damn monster with organics like they did in those 3 movies,NOW this. mad

Mindset
god you people just dont listen.it would have been okay when they made those first three movies because those movies we so horrible and they screwed up just about everything in those movies making it totally disloyal to the comic. This time with a reboot,there is no more room for screwups anymore.do it right or dont do it at all.geez.cant believe thats so hard to comprehend. roll eyes (sarcastic) chomperx TRIED to explain it at the beginning but some choose to cover their ears and not listen.that being the case since thats what people are doing,no sense in going any further with this.

AGAIN they want some black actor in a spiderman show,make a community theater production out of it but leave spidey the hell alone when making a movie out of him and cast him right.

they are always finding ways to screw up this character thats near and dear to me.first they turrn him into a damn monster with organics like they did in those 3 movies,NOW this. mad Silence.

Mr Parker

well yeah,they proved that in SPADES with those first three horrible spider-man movies they made of him.They need to put the camera in the hands of Christopher Nolan.Thanks to Nolan,they finally redeemed themselves with Batman by FINALLY finally making a "GOOD" Batman movie.

ALL the other Batman movies before Batman Begins were a disgrace to the character of Batman.yes ALL. Again thanks to Nolan,they finally delivered a good Batman film.Nolan erased the autrocities committed by those other Batman films.I guarantee you,Nolan wouldnt have any of this nonsense of a black spiderman.

Shakyamunison
well yeah,they proved that in SPADES with those first three horrible spider-man movies they made of him.They need to put the camera in the hands of Christopher Nolan.Thanks to Nolan,they finally redeemed themselves with Batman by FINALLY finally making a "GOOD" Batman movie.

ALL the other Batman movies before Batman Begins were a disgrace to the character of Batman.yes ALL. Again thanks to Nolan,they finally delivered a good Batman film.Nolan erased the autrocities committed by those other Batman films.I guarantee you,Nolan wouldnt have any of this nonsense of a black spiderman.

So, you think that a black spiderman is nonsense?

Mr Parker
So, you think that a black spiderman is nonsense?

Like I said,it would be okay if some community theatre produced a play and made a play of spiderman or something like that but not for a movie.again do it right or dont do it at all.Like I said before,it would have been okay back in 2001 when they were making those spiderman movies since they screwed up everything else about those movies.

Their doing a reboot this time so this time since their starting all over from the very beginning like they did with Batman Begins,they need to get it right like Batman Begins got things right the other four Batman films before it screwed up.and having a black actor for spiderman for this reboot,is NOT the way to win over fans.

Shakyamunison
Like I said,it would be okay if some community theatre produced a play and made a play of spiderman or something like that but not for a movie.again do it right or dont do it at all.

So, is putting a black person in a major motion picture as spiderman not the right thing to do? But you are ok with putting a black man is a small time operation? Hmmm

Mr Parker
So, is putting a black person in a major motion picture as spiderman not the right thing to do? But you are ok with putting a black man is a small time operation? Hmmm

yeah glad to see someone around here gets it. yes

and Im not the only one that doesnt like that idea of them making a movie with a black actor as spider-man as the thread starter said the same thing as did Bruce Skywalker.

Shakyamunison
yeah glad to see someone around here gets it. yes

and Im not the only one that doesnt like that idea of them making a movie with a black actor as spider-man as the thread starter said the same thing as did Bruce Skywalker.

Why does it matter to you? Spiderman is just a character.

What is it about the fictional society that spiderman lives in that would stop a black man from finding himself in the same situation as a white man? Is the world were spiderman lives a world controlled by white people?

We are not going to change the history of spiderman, but we can retail the story to fit the current world. I don't understand your objection.

jaden101

pink Hulk.

Awesome name...For a dildo.

jaden101
Well if they do make Spiderman black...At least we all know what Uncle Ben should look like.

I do make myself lol every now and then.

Nemesis X
First the Karate Kid went black and now Spider-Man went black....facepalm

chomperx9
Originally posted by Nemesis X
First the Karate Kid went black and now Spider-Man went black....facepalm well if they can change the gender with karate kid i dont see why not race. but spiderman being black thats different. his characer or gender was never changed in the comics. sure there is a spiderwoman but that isnt parker.

inimalist
what would be different about Parker if he were black?

chomperx9
what would be different about Parker if he were black? it just messes the storyline of the original character.

would it make any sense for balrog to be white in the next street fighter film ?

inimalist
what part of the Spider-Man storyline do you think is specifically "messed" up by Parker being a black person?

chomperx9
what part of the Spider-Man storyline do you think is specifically "messed" up by Parker being a black person? i just explained thats not his original character race. answer this if you can. would it make any sense for balrog to be white in the next street fighter film ?

Symmetric Chaos
it just messes the storyline of the original character.

It doesn't alter the story at all. In order to mess with the storyline you would have to actually mess with the storyline rather than hand the colorist a different pen.

Not to mention that 616 Peter Parker will always be white, no one is proposing to change that.

would it make any sense for balrog to be white in the next street fighter film ?

Balrogs aren't human so I don't think they can be classified as being black or white or asian.

chomperx9
It doesn't alter the story at all. In order to mess with the storyline you would have to actually mess with the storyline rather than hand the colorist a different pen.

Not to mention that 616 Peter Parker will always be white, no one is proposing to change that.

Balrogs aren't human so I don't think they can be classified as being black or white or asian. that doesnt matter. the character's name is balrog and he is a talented and experience boxer and in the video games since day one he was been black. would flip people out in the next street fighter film if he was white dont you think ?

Symmetric Chaos
Oh wait, Street Fighter.

Let's see, there are two character's named Balrog in that series. One of them is a direct reference to Mike Tyson (his real name being "M. Bison"wink. The other is a white guy.

The white guy could, of course, be white in a movie. Making a character designed as a shout out to Mike Tyson white would be bizarre, unless Tyson himself were to become white.

chomperx9
Oh wait, Street Fighter.

Let's see, there are two character's named Balrog in that series. One of them is a direct reference to Mike Tyson (his real name being "M. Bison"wink. The other is a white guy.

The white guy could, of course, be white in a movie. Making a character designed as a shout out to Mike Tyson white would be bizarre, unless Tyson himself were to become white. american balrog. dont be an ass you know what i meant. you just cant answer the question cause you know i made a point there

Symmetric Chaos
american balrog. dont be an ass you know what i meant. you just cant answer the question cause you know i made a point there

Ah so you are referring to the character who was written in order to directly reference Mike Tyson, right down to his name.

Tell me what famous white man is Peter Parker named in honor of and physically modeled after?

chomperx9
Ah so you are referring to the character who was written in order to directly reference Mike Tyson, right down to his name.

Tell me what famous white man is Peter Parker named in honor of and physically modeled after? how about answer my question 1st or can you ?

and im refering to the american version of balrog who everyone knows him as a black boxer and he is the 1st boss to fight in street fighter 2. he's also black in both movies and in the JAPANESE ANIME SERIES

Symmetric Chaos
how about answer my question 1st or can you ?

I have repeatedly explained in detail why it wouldn't make sense to make M. Bison white, you cannot draw a parallel between the race of those characters. The American Balrog is a reference to a specific black man. On the other hand you have not explained even once why it wouldn't make sense to make Peter Parker black except for the empty statement that it would "mess up the storyline".

chomperx9
I have repeatedly explained in detail why it wouldn't make sense to make M. Bison white, you cannot draw a parallel between the race of those characters. On the other hand you have not explained even once why it wouldn't make sense to make Peter Parker black except for the empty statement that it would "mess up the storyline". OMG you are impossible

and yes i explained why it wouldnt make sense for him to be black because he has always been a white character.

you cant even answer a damn yes or no question

would it make sense for storm to b white in the next x-men film ?

Symmetric Chaos
roll eyes (sarcastic)

chomperx9
roll eyes (sarcastic) and are you blind i was describing the balrog character that the US uses. what ever his original name is supposed to be for the character thats what race he is.

as usual people can answer your questions but you go off topic and cannot answer theirs

BlackZero30x
Why does it matter to you? Spiderman is just a character.

What is it about the fictional society that spiderman lives in that would stop a black man from finding himself in the same situation as a white man? Is the world were spiderman lives a world controlled by white people?

We are not going to change the history of spiderman, but we can retail the story to fit the current world. I don't understand your objection.

well there isn't anything that would stop a black man from finding himself in the same situation....

but it already happened and he was white. Just like blade....i mean he was black and nobody wants that to change either because it already happened that way so it would be ridiculous to change it now.

i have no problem with any race but every charecter that has already been made is already of one race or another....just like you and I...that can't be helped.

not to mention they will have to make JJ black because if you honestly think a minority black male is going to get treated like that by a white boss on screen and it not come off completely racist then your crazy.

chomperx9
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
well there isn't anything that would stop a black man from finding himself in the same situation....

but it already happened and he was white. Just like blade....i mean he was black and nobody wants that to change either because it already happened that way so it would be ridiculous to change it now.

i have no problem with any race but every charecter that has already been made is already of one race or another....just like you and I...that can't be helped.

not to mention they will have to make JJ black because if you honestly think a minority black male is going to get treated like that by a white boss on screen and it not come off completely racist then your crazy. thumbs_up

Symmetric Chaos
and yes i explained why it wouldnt make sense for him to be black because he has always been a white character.

That's not a reason. That's a homily.

In what way is being white integral to the story of Spiderman?

you cant even answer a damn yes or no question

Because you're blatantly trying to frame the question. When you ask someone a question they have the right to explain their reasoning.

would it make sense for storm to b white in the next x-men film ?

Sure. It would require a number of changes to the character which would probably result in accusations of the "Mighty Whitey" concept but it's entirely doable. Due to lack of backstory for each character in the movies the difficulty would increase dramatically, since justifications would have to happen outside of the narrative.

Besides they cast the whites black women they could find stick out tongue

chomperx9
That's not a reason. That's a homily.

In what way is being white integral to the story of Spiderman?

Because you're blatantly trying to frame the question. When you ask someone a question they have the right to explain their reasoning.

Sure. It would require a number of changes to the character which would probably result in accusations of the "Mighty Whitey" concept but it's entirely doable. Due to lack of backstory for each character in the movies the difficulty would increase dramatically, since justifications would have to happen outside of the narrative.

Besides they cast the whites black women they could find stick out tongue then i have my right to explain my reasoning and not answer your questions when you arent even man enough to answer a yes or no question after ive described and answered your questions many times. your just racist if you cant answer my question.

ok if balrog is complicated for you to answer then tell me how would you feel with storm being white in the next x-men film ?

and tell me how thats an unfair question ? i described how i feel about parker being black in the next spiderman film spit out your reason why or why not you think its cool for storm to be white next time she is in an x-men film.

if my question is unfair than yours are to.

Rogue Jedi
Why don't we change spiderman to spiderwoman? Might as well.

Nemesis X
I'm scared now. In the past, there were rumors that Will Smith will play as Captain America. Obviously that would never happen but eversince I heard the news of Spidey back and black, I'm now getting worried that America's hero will be played by a black guy.

For the record, I'm not being racist. I'm a guy who likes characters being as true as they are and that goes for skin color as well. For example, if a white guy plays as Black Panther, I would be upset.

Shakyamunison

not to mention they will have to make JJ black because if you honestly think a minority black male is going to get treated like that by a white boss on screen and it not come off completely racist then your crazy.

It is fiction; it really didn't happen. It's just a story. We can tell the story over and over again, and customize it to fit the modern day.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm scared now. In the past, there were rumors that Will Smith will play as Captain America. Obviously that would never happen but eversince I heard the news of Spidey back and black, I'm now getting worried that America's hero will be played by a black guy.

For the record, I'm not being racist. I'm a guy who likes characters being as true as they are and that goes for skin color as well. For example, if a white guy plays as Black Panther, I would be upset.

What does "as true as they are" actually mean?

BlackZero30x
It is fiction; it really didn't happen. It's just a story. We can tell the story over and over again, and customize it to fit the modern day.

Indeed it is fiction but apparently you don't read a lot of comics.
(no offense meant)

the fact is the way comics are set up its a big community now....like a universe of fiction....so changing something changes the entire universe.

in addition make no mistake is spider-man was black and they wanted a white guy to play him id be arguing that just as well.

Shakyamunison
(no offense meant)

the fact is the way comics are set up its a big community now....like a universe of fiction....so changing something changes the entire universe.

in addition make no mistake is spider-man was black and they wanted a white guy to play him id be arguing that just as well.

No I don't read any comics. I'm still waiting for them to come out with A Brief History of Time in comic strip. laughing

What you are telling me is nutty! Really, man.

Symmetric Chaos
(no offense meant)

If only comic book writers had developed some technique for allowing themselves to tell stories that don't fit in with or even explicitly contradict the (current) facts of the primary universe their stories are set in. An alternative, if you will, to the restrictions of continuity. That way you could explore variations on existing stories without disrupting the ones that already exist in the slightest.

It would be sort of like if you built a cannon and told a story about it. Then wrote a story about what would have been different if you built a lamp-post instead. You could title it A Non-Cannon Story.

Sadly I know of no method of doing this and we are doomed to never know. I guess we can only ever ask What If?

*cough*

BlackZero30x
If only comic book writers had developed some technique for allowing themselves to tell stories that don't fit in with or even explicitly contradict the (current) facts of the primary universe their stories are set in. An alternative, if you will, to the restrictions of continuity. That way you could explore variations on existing stories without disrupting the ones that already exist in the slightest.

It would be sort of like if you built a cannon and told a story about it. Then wrote a story about what would have been different if you built a lamp-post instead. You could title it A Non-Cannon Story.

Sadly I know of no method of doing this and we are doomed to never know. I guess we can only ever ask What If?

*cough*

haha that's funny because Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i understand that i really do but idk i just feel when a character is created one race it should stay that way unless it's a special circumstance.

for example an alternate reality such as what if or else worlds.

so when the story starts out with the watcher at the beginning stating this is what if then we got a movie wink

Symmetric Chaos
haha that's funny because

so when the story starts out with the watcher at the beginning stating this is what if then we got a movie wink

Movies are always automatically alternate continuity no expression

That's why no one in the comics remembers that time Magneto flew to Alcatraz on the Golden Gate Bridge. Or how about that time Doctor Strange spent as a strange faux-anime action hero in his 30s? Or the time that Captain America looked an awful lot like Reb Brown and used a plastic shield? Or that time Kingpin was a black guy?

Oh, or the five years when Hulk was just a normal sized guy with rage issues?

WickedDynamite
Usually I would laugh at these stories...however, when a black Catwoman was done with Halle Berry I was spewing fire and wanted to chop off the peanut size nuts of the DC/WB executive who gave it a green light.

Yeah, Eartha Kitt would only be the exception since she had a very likeable personality...but still...

Anywhoo, people who are promoting this and saying "Oh, who cares?! let there be no color lines a black man SHOULD be allowed to play Spiderman, Luke Skywalker, Robocop, Captain America and so on...."

Well, then why not make a Martin Luther King Jr. film featuring John Goodman? Hell! it works both ways.

Then again someone will come here and say "Well, WD...MLK Jr isn't a fictional character...therefore you're one Racist SOB!"

I would just reply: "So? it's only a movie...it's not re-writing history...so yeah! Support WD on his agenda to make John Goodman play the role of Martin Luther King Jr."

SUCKAS!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Well, then why not make a Martin Luther King Jr. film featuring John Goodman? Hell! it works both ways.

Because telling the story of MLK requires telling the story of a black man in the 1950s-60s; his race is quite integral to that story unless you deny the whole civil rights movement. What you could do is cast John Goodman as a "Martin King" in an allegorical story meant to talk about the life of MLK.

We can do this with white characters too. For example, the White Martians have to be white, it's right there in the name! Or more seriously the Queen of Fables is pulled straight out of European folklore, it would be nonsensical for her to be black or asian unless you were to establish a continuity where Europe was primarily black or asian.

On the other hand Spiderman is the story of "a nerd who gets superpowers". Now unless you're going to put forward the idea that black people can't be socially awkward or intellectually brilliant there is no reason that the character must be white. It is not integral to his story.

WickedDynamite
Because telling the story of MLK requires telling the story of a black man in the 1950s-60s; his race is quite integral to that story unless you deny the whole civil rights movement. What you could do is cast John Goodman as a "Martin King" in an allegorical story meant to talk about the life of MLK.

We can do this with white characters too. For example, the White Martians have to be white, it's right there in the name! Or more seriously the Queen of Fables is pulled straight out of European folklore, it would be nonsensical for her to be black or asian unless you were to establish a continuity where Europe was primarily black or asian.

On the other hand Spiderman is the story of "a nerd who gets superpowers". Now unless you're going to put forward the idea that black people can't be socially awkward or intellectually brilliant there is no reason that the character must be white. It is not integral to his story.

I would just reply: "So? it's only a movie...it's not re-writing history...so yeah! Support WD on his agenda to make John Goodman play the role of Martin Luther King Jr."

SUCKAS!

Symmetric Chaos
Wait a second!

That's supposed to be the response to: "Well, WD...MLK Jr isn't a fictional character...therefore you're one Racist SOB!"

My response had nothing to do with him being a real person nuts

WickedDynamite
Wait a second!

That's supposed to be the response to: "Well, WD...MLK Jr isn't a fictional character...therefore you're one Racist SOB!"

My response had nothing to do with him being a real person nuts

It's a pretty general response. Just in case it flies over your head.

John Goodman=Martin Luther King Jr....in a movie.

BlackZero30x
Movies are always automatically alternate continuity no expression

That's why no one in the comics remembers that time Magneto flew to Alcatraz on the Golden Gate Bridge. Or how about that time Doctor Strange spent as a strange faux-anime action hero in his 30s? Or the time that Captain America looked an awful lot like Reb Brown and used a plastic shield? Or that time Kingpin was a black guy?

Oh, or the five years when Hulk was just a normal sized guy with rage issues?

that's all fine but like i said make sure the watcher is there to explain this isn't real because spider-mans actually not black.

look i understand people have issues with people like me thinking this is horrible.....well let me say this simply.

its not the color it's the detail...for gods sake if mary janes hair was black,white,gray, brown ect then that's bullcrap.....her hair is red. any detail that is that easy to notice should not be changed.

i mean i have black friends and a black brother in law and when they are around i don't censor myself because of that because i don't see them as "black" soo this is so far away from being race issues.

it's just skin pigment is a pretty noticeable detail to change.

Symmetric Chaos
It's a pretty general response. Just in case it flies over your head.

John Goodman=Martin Luther King Jr....in a movie.

Would be bizarre/impossible for reasons I outlined not simply "because MLK is black".

Nemesis X
nvm

Symmetric Chaos
that's all fine but like i said make sure the watcher is there to explain this isn't real because spider-mans actually not black.

A) We've never needed that before. All those movies are clearly out of continuity and none needed a Watcher to tell people that. In fact even a lot of out of continuity comics don't have a Watcher appear to explain things.

B) How exactly would that disclaimer go? "Oh, by the way, this isn't real. Yes, we know most of you are able to realize that but we're being sensitive to the schizophrenic population."

WickedDynamite
Would be bizarre/impossible for reasons I outlined not simply because "MLK is black".

Again, SO what? It's only for a movie. Jeebus! your reasons are dimwit. Did you ever saw Bubba Ho Tep? Ozzie Davis plays JFK...Hank the dwarf plays God in Toxic Avenger....Alanis also plays God in Dogma...Heck! Mel Gibson plays the role of William Wallace! Oh, heck! Even Elizabeth Taylor plays the role of Cleopatra....Elizabeth is not even egyptian.

Man! Stretch out your mind every now and then...better yet...go watch more movies.

chomperx9
Usually I would laugh at these stories...however, when a black Catwoman was done with Halle Berry I was spewing fire and wanted to chop off the peanut size nuts of the DC/WB executive who gave it a green light.

Yeah, Eartha Kitt would only be the exception since she had a very likeable personality...but still...

Anywhoo, people who are promoting this and saying "Oh, who cares?! let there be no color lines a black man SHOULD be allowed to play Spiderman, Luke Skywalker, Robocop, Captain America and so on...."

Then again someone will come here and say "Well, WD...MLK Jr isn't a fictional character...therefore you're one Racist SOB!"

SUCKAS! jay leno should be marting luther king instead of goodman

One Free Man
You know the previous spider man guy didn't do a bad job at the part, he was just given the shittiest writing in history for that last movie...

chomperx9
Originally posted by One Free Man
You know the previous spider man guy didn't do a bad job at the part, he was just given the shittiest writing in history for that last movie... X3 was worse than spidey 3

Bardock42
Because Professor X was created by Stan Lee as being a white guy. If he is portrayed in a movie as a black guy, they are not staying true to Stan Lee's vision. And what DDM said about Blade as a white guy, same thing.

So? Why is it important to stay true to "Stan Lee's vision"? Hardly anyone complained about Constantine, and that was basically a different person. I personally think it would have been a better movie had they stayed closer to the source material, but that's not true for everything, imo, and if you can make a great movie with a black character portraying Spider-Man or Professor X, then I won't complain.

What about Nick Fury being black? Do you object to that? It's definitely not true to Stan Lee's original vision. Or is that okay cause Brian Michael Bendis changed it before?

chomperx9
So? Why is it important to stay true to "Stan Lee's vision"? Hardly anyone complained about Constantine, and that was basically a different person. I personally think it would have been a better movie had they stayed closer to the source material, but that's not true for everything, imo, and if you can make a great movie with a black character portraying Spider-Man or Professor X, then I won't complain.

What about Nick Fury being black? Do you object to that? It's definitely not true to Stan Lee's original vision. Or is that okay cause Brian Michael Bendis changed it before? so then there wouldnt be a problem with not sticking to bill cosby's vision of fat albert ? what if Jonah Hill should play fat albert in the next movie. would there be a problem with that ?

Bardock42
so then there wouldnt be a problem with not sticking to bill cosby's vision of fat albert ? what if Jonah Hill should play fat albert in the next movie. would there be a problem with that ?

Sure, I don't see a problem with that.

I also don't see a problem with John Goodman as MLK. It would probably make a pretty bad movie, and require either a lot of suspension of disbelief or huge plot changing rewrites. It wouldn't be the story of MLK as we know it (unless everyone pretends JG is black), but that's the difference between a biography and a fictional story based on a very fluid, long running character concept.

I also think it would be okay for M. Bison/Balrog to be white in a Street Fighter adaptation.

chomperx9

It would probably make a pretty bad movie, and require either a lot of suspension of disbelief or huge plot changing rewrites.
I thats the same problem with having a black spiderman.

Bardock42
thats the same problem with having a black spiderman.

No, it isn't. As I explained in a further sentence. Spider-Man doesn't have the same requirements, as he is not a person, but a concept, as the comics have shown by having many, many different versions of the character. There is nothing that would mean it would be a bad story, because the characters premise is not rooted in anything more than a name and perhaps some spider-like powers.

Ushgarak
Hardly anyone complained about Constantine

Sorry, are you talking about the Keanu Reeves film?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry, are you talking about the Keanu Reeves film?

Yeah. You think many people complained?

Ushgarak
Yes!!!!

jinXed by JaNx
X3 was worse than spidey 3

That's debatable man, they were both a puddle of piss in a pile of shit. They're as bad as each other

This is wrong though...,VERY very wrong. Make a new, Black superhero...,oh wait, they tried that and they keep failing at it.

Juk3n

Because it doesn't really matter what colour his skin is?

See that?

That was Sense.

Let me get this straite, you're ok with a teenage geek, getting bit by a radioactive spider, walking on walls, shooting everlasting webbing from his wrists, jumping 50ft and takling 10 ton hits..

But making him a geek with brown skin in the movie adaption suddenly throws your world upside down? lolmuch?

Could be a good move, if the guys a good actor , so frickin be it. And btw, the movie verse isnt always canon to the comic verse, so yeah, they can do what they like for the movie versions. If he's good, then grats, it;'s a good spidey flick.we all win!

The Nuul
CRAPPPP if hes playing Parker, if not....then meh. This could be another publicity stunt.

steverules_2
I'll play spiderman!!

BlackZero30x
A) We've never needed that before. All those movies are clearly out of continuity and none needed a Watcher to tell people that. In fact even a lot of out of continuity comics don't have a Watcher appear to explain things.

B) How exactly would that disclaimer go? "Oh, by the way, this isn't real. Yes, we know most of you are able to realize that but we're being sensitive to the schizophrenic population."

a) No we have never needed that before because their has been no what if stories in movies before. but if this is going to be a what if movie then it need to be done that way because the movie verse is based on the comicverse.

but according to your logic why not change his name and make it so his parents raised him. Or how bout make his costume different looking.

you know why not? because then this wouldn't be spider-man and making him black would be the same thing as changing the story or costume.

B) no i thought it would be nice to use something like this

"I am Uatu the Watcher. I observe but never interfere. the following is going to happen based on change. The events that are unfolding tell the story of Spider-Man if he would have been a black male."

or something close to that.

steverules_2
Simply put I think spiderman should be done like this

mcxioU7AMM4

shifty

BlackZero30x
^*jawdrops*

EDIT: kinda like thisjawdrop

steverules_2
I even think the same actor should be used and then they can do like a cross over, spiderman vs the power rangers with JR from WWE commentating

'BA GAWD!!!! THE SPIDERZORD JUST HIT THE STONE COLD STUNNER!!!!! BA GAWD!!! BA GAWD!!!!'

Mindset
a) No we have never needed that before because their has been no what if stories in movies before. but if this is going to be a what if movie then it need to be done that way because the movie verse is based on the comicverse.

but according to your logic why not change his name and make it so his parents raised him. Or how bout make his costume different looking.

you know why not? because then this wouldn't be spider-man and making him black would be the same thing as changing the story or costume.

B) no i thought it would be nice to use something like this

"I am Uatu the Watcher. I observe but never interfere. the following is going to happen based on change. The events that are unfolding tell the story of Spider-Man if he would have been a black male."

or something close to that. All comic movie have been what if stories.

You could change his costume and he'd still be Spiderman, it has happened in the comics.

No offense, but the Uatu idea is completely stupid.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yes!!!!
Ah okay, well, perhaps I had a wrong perception of that at the time.

It's not essential to my point anyways.

Symmetric Chaos
a) No we have never needed that before because their has been no what if stories in movies before.

All movies are what ifs. All movies are alternate continuities. None of them have needed a Watcher to tell us that because everyone knows that.

but according to your logic why not change his name and make it so his parents raised him.

Like Ben Parker from Universe X? Yeah, they did that and he was still Spiderman just fat and named Ben.

Or how bout make his costume different looking.

You mean like they've done about six times in comics already? Guess what... he was still Spiderman.

BlackZero30x
All movies are what ifs. All movies are alternate continuities. None of them have needed a Watcher to tell us that because everyone knows that.

Like Ben Parker from Universe X? Yeah, they did that and he was still Spiderman just fat and named Ben.

You mean like they've done about six times in comics already? Guess what... he was still Spiderman.

i love how your being difficult lol.

no the movies are not "what if" in fact they are the canon continuity of the movie verse.

yea just like Uni X
and no the way you stated the costume thing really wasn't what i meant....i mean completely change it so it had nothing to do with spider-man but you know that's ok roll eyes (sarcastic) ......none of which were mainstream canon continuity. but in the movie verse it would be mainstream canon continuity. So they should definitely not change that unless it's going to be a movie that WONT be considered canon.
for example Iron Man and the New hulk are canon in the movie verse. so to throw out a Spider-Man movie set then reboot (making the reboot canon) that's a horrible idea to make him black.....because black spider-man is not and never will be canon material for any kind of mainstream universe....movie or other wise. Just like to have a white luke cage, blade, storm, or any other black character will never be Mainstream canon material....movie or other wise. I would be just as strongly against a reboot on blade and making him white.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by steverules_2
Simply put I think spiderman should be done like this

mcxioU7AMM4

shifty That's what I meant...

Juk3n
i love how your being difficult lol.

no the movies are not "what if" in fact they are the canon continuity of the movie verse.

yea just like Uni X
and no the way you stated the costume thing really wasn't what i meant....i mean completely change it so it had nothing to do with spider-man but you know that's ok roll eyes (sarcastic) ......none of which were mainstream canon continuity. but in the movie verse it would be mainstream canon continuity. So they should definitely not change that unless it's going to be a movie that WONT be considered canon.
for example Iron Man and the New hulk are canon in the movie verse. so to throw out a Spider-Man movie set then reboot (making the reboot canon) that's a horrible idea to make him black.....because black spider-man is not and never will be canon material for any kind of mainstream universe....movie or other wise. Just like to have a white luke cage, blade, storm, or any other black character will never be Mainstream canon material....movie or other wise. I would be just as strongly against a reboot on blade and making him white.

So if the story turned out to be great
Cast acted perfectly
Script was great
CGI was great
Character was great ie; still felt like it was a geek , still the same insecurities from the comic book, all matched up perfectly.

You would still not accept the movie, on the basis of 'they didnt get the skin colour right' inspite of all the other great points?

Seriously?

i mean, i get where your coming from. Storm, well she's an african in the books, T'challa an african , and personally i would be up in arms at the thought of Brad Pitt as T'challa..- brilliant actor - but ..you get my point.

But Peter Parker DOESN'T have to be white. T'challa being an african king..well it's almost implied. Pete being a geek from the inner city, and having a poor family..well, he's half black already!! The character itself doesn't require that he be white. He's a geek first, a highschool student second, a loving nephew third, being white need not even be included in the 4th 5th 6th..etc.

needs must, and it need not be.

WickedDynamite
jay leno should be marting luther king instead of goodman

Nah! Leno would be more of a Jesse Jackson....they're both overrated has beens.

We should bring back the Blackface days. I know Tropic Thunder did it with Robert Downey Jr. Imagine the possibilities with that make up on John Goodman! He would make an excellent portrayal of MLK Jr.

BruceSkywalker
Nah! Leno would be more of a Jesse Jackson....they're both overrated has beens.

We should bring back the Blackface days. I know Tropic Thunder did it with Robert Downey Jr. Imagine the possibilities with that make up on John Goodman! He would make an excellent portrayal of MLK Jr.

what about Jackie Chan as T'Challa

besides Peter Parker is white, has been white and will forever be white

WickedDynamite
what about Jackie Chan as T'Challa

besides Peter Parker is white, has been white and will forever be white

Jackie Chan is getting old....go with Stephen Chow better.

BruceSkywalker
Jackie Chan is getting old....go with Stephen Chow better.

yeah he'd be very good

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Juk3n
So if the story turned out to be great
Cast acted perfectly
Script was great
CGI was great
Character was great ie; still felt like it was a geek , still the same insecurities from the comic book, all matched up perfectly.

You would still not accept the movie, on the basis of 'they didnt get the skin colour right' inspite of all the other great points?

Seriously?

i mean, i get where your coming from. Storm, well she's an african in the books, T'challa an african , and personally i would be up in arms at the thought of Brad Pitt as T'challa..- brilliant actor - but ..you get my point.

But Peter Parker DOESN'T have to be white. T'challa being an african king..well it's almost implied. Pete being a geek from the inner city, and having a poor family..well, he's half black already!! The character itself doesn't require that he be white. He's a geek first, a highschool student second, a loving nephew third, being white need not even be included in the 4th 5th 6th..etc.

needs must, and it need not be.

well are you saying that you want Vin Diesel as blade?

Juk3n
Riddick as Blade? Hell yeah, shit, he's half way there anyway with those Vamp looking eyes and mad knife skills.
Id pre-book that shit!

BlackZero30x
Riddick as Blade? Hell yeah, shit, he's half way there anyway with those Vamp looking eyes and mad knife skills.
Id pre-book that shit!

and see that's why were different....because Vin can not play Blade because blades black.

he made a great Riddick and i have all 3 of the movies but i certainly would not want him to be blade.

Juk3n
and see that's why were different....because Vin can not play Blade because blades black.

he made a great Riddick and i have all 3 of the movies but i certainly would not want him to be blade.

see thats where we're different, skin colour doesn't factor into my decision whether A) the movie is good or B) the STORY fits comic continuity(which by all means it doesnt have to)

each to there own i suppose.

Thats where madness lays, "OMG, HIS JACKET IS BLUE IN THE COMIC NOT GREEN, FAIL!!"

the colour of a jacket? the size of the hammer? the height of Hulk? The weight of Juggernaut? these are all just minor details, just like skin colour..in movies. As minor as a different colour coat. And it matter less. You're getting the same old spidey tales with a different box art, NO.BIG.DEAL.

SamZED
If they wanna make a movie about black super hero I vote Luke Cage. Anyone?

Juk3n
Originally posted by SamZED
If they wanna make a movie about black super hero I vote Luke Cage. Anyone?

Right after Black Panther sure.

BlackZero30x
see thats where we're different, skin colour doesn't factor into my decision whether A) the movie is good or B) the STORY fits comic continuity(which by all means it doesnt have to)

each to there own i suppose.

Thats where madness lays, "OMG, HIS JACKET IS BLUE IN THE COMIC NOT GREEN, FAIL!!"

the colour of a jacket? the size of the hammer? the height of Hulk? The weight of Juggernaut? these are all just minor details, just like skin colour..in movies. As minor as a different colour coat. And it matter less. You're getting the same old spidey tales with a different box art, NO.BIG.DEAL.

ok get it i really do but I think judging from your points we both know this argument has little to do with race.

like you said Originally posted by Juk3n
"OMG, HIS JACKET IS BLUE IN THE COMIC NOT GREEN, FAIL!!"

the truth is it's not that he can't be a good spider-man because he's black....because im sure he could. but because peter parker was created as white you have people like me who want to honor the character by keeping at close as possible and making him a poor black genius growing up in new york is just to much of a change.

Not mention if it happens all the people like myself that will believe he's getting based purely on shock value.

I mean this in the most non racist way but truthfully i feel that they would cast him and say something like..... "when we did the casting process he was simply the best, race didn't factor in at all"

but what they truly did it for was to draw people in for the money.

they may as well make a statement saying "we cast don glover because we wanted to shock people to the point they will think of this as a historic day and everyone wants to be apart of that so were gonna make a butt load off of this publicity stunt." at least they would be telling the truth

Juk3n

they may as well make a statement saying "we cast don glover because we wanted to shock people to the point they will think of this as a historic day and everyone wants to be apart of that so were gonna make a butt load off of this publicity stunt." at least they would be telling the truth

Or..they genuinely thought it didnt matter because It's No.Big.Deal.

BlackZero30x
Or..they genuinely thought it didnt matter because It's No.Big.Deal.

and honestly i don't believe that.

but your more then welcome to.

but either way even if they did do it because they thought it was no big deal it still wouldn't change my opinion about this topic and how i don't believe peter parker should be black.

Juk3n
and honestly i don't believe that.

but your more then welcome to.

but either way even if they did do it because they thought it was no big deal it still wouldn't change my opinion about this topic and how i don't believe peter parker should be black.

And id agree if his name was Petrovski Parkerus from russia, nephew of Benitri Parkerus. With his blonde blue eyed look and his 6ft3 muscular russian bear physique.

But he and american Newyorker, in a high school kids inner city tale. HE COULD BE ANY COLOUR and the story would fit. Because of the setting is what im saying.

BlackZero30x
And id agree if his name was Petrovski Parkerus from russia, nephew of Benitri Parkerus. With his blonde blue eyed look and his 6ft3 muscular russian bear physique.

But he and american Newyorker, in a high school kids inner city tale. HE COULD BE ANY COLOUR and the story would fit. Because of the setting is what im saying.

i understand but disagree....heck tobey maguire's eyes are blue and his hair is brown. spider-man has hazel/blue(depending on how he's drawn) eyes and brown hair.

if tobey would have been blond and brown eyes then i would have wanted either hair dye and contacts or to pick someone else.

why you ask? because detail is important to me. to me the smallest of detail can sum up a character.

this is peter parker to me and most comic fans.

Brown hair
Blue eye's
around 5'9
skinny white male
nerd with glasses

that's peter parker and any change in any of that detail is no longer peter parker.

im not gonna challenge you or call you stupid for our difference in opinion. I understand you position but i want everyone to understand mine and everyone else that agrees with me. stay true with source material.

Rogue Jedi
i understand but disagree....heck tobey maguire's eyes are blue and his hair is brown. spider-man has hazel/blue(depending on how he's drawn) eyes and brown hair.

if tobey would have been blond and brown eyes then i would have wanted either hair dye and contacts or to pick someone else.

why you ask? because detail is important to me. to me the smallest of detail can sum up a character.

Brown hair
Blue eye's
around 5'9
skinny white male
nerd with glasses

that's peter parker and any change in any of that detail is no longer peter parker.

im not gonna challenge you or call you stupid for our difference in opinion. I understand you position but i want everyone to understand mine and everyone else that agrees with me. stay true with source material. thumb up

BruceSkywalker

Brown hair
Blue eye's
around 5'9
skinny white male
nerd with glasses

im not gonna challenge you or call you stupid for our difference in opinion. I understand you position but i want everyone to understand mine and everyone else that agrees with me. stay true with source material.

great words

Mindset
great words lulz

Wei Phoenix

Brown hair
Blue eye's
around 5'9
skinny white male
nerd with glasses

What? If most comic fans only know Peter on a physical scale then they're not fans at all. Peter hasn't wore glasses since like the 60s, he's also not skinny, he has a normal fit build.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What? If most comic fans only know Peter on a physical scale then they're not fans at all. Peter hasn't wore glasses since like the 60s, he's also not skinny, he has a normal fit build.

THEY HAVE BETRAYED STAN LEE

THE BLASPHEMERS MUST BE PURGED

KILL THE ABOMINATION

Wei Phoenix

KILL THE ABOMINATION

Rulk already did.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>