Name movies you wish they'd remake...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alphamale
Mine are the "omega man" and a good version of "rollerball"

some others:

1)Westworld
2)The Warriors(one might be in the works)

How about someone else??

Bad Boy
Ummm, can't think of anything at the moment.

Thomas H
dont like remakes...they are tampering with old classics...not good!

Bad Boy
Texas Chainsaw Massacre looks pretty bad.

Set in present day, Marilyn Manson score.....

Thomas H
hehe, lets celebrate that it will be a FLOP!!!!!

Dexx
must agree

Thomas H
smile

Alphamale
hey well goody for u guys, why you came into here to say you dont like remakes when it was clearly marked ... movies you want remade.. is a bit confusing??

I look at them as a way to pay homage to a classic movie, when done right , I like the idea!!

by the way to the guy who said.. texas chainsaw ... they are remaking as we speak!

Thomas H
well, we all know that...smile

And its un creative to make a movie that has been made before...it tells us that the movie creators are empty for ideas, and need to steal others to earn money!

Alphamale
we all know what?....

Well the movies I named are movies worth doing again... and yes I dont see many better ideas , so go ahead and steal some of these great ideas!!

SOme movies were made too soon for technology like Westworld, it could be made much better today with movie effects nowadays!

Movies are made to enjoy, I think you are taking it much too seriously!

Ushgarak
I can't remember- was it Westworld or Futureworld that had the first use of computer graphics?

Thomas H
we know that they are making Texas chainsaw.................and seen some pictures and it sucks........

Alphamale
the guy that asked about obviously didnt know..

and the movie is not even out yet ,so back off siskel and ebert!!

Dexx
oh, i think we're well past thatbig grin

finti
I hope they leave Warriors alone it was a cool movie let it be that way

Thomas H
ehh, bad boy knows..he is a Michael Bay fan, a regualr on www.michaelbay.com where they usually cry over that bay is producing this movie..so alphamale...he KNOWS!

Bad Boy
yup yup yup!

Tex
Attack of the Clones!!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to yell wink

BackFire349
i agree with teh people who said they dont like remakes. i have yet to see a remake that is better then the original. and as far as the texas chainsaw massacre remake goes, it will bring shame to the original masterpiece.

Alphamale
DEXX, well past what??? If you watch movies ,so that you can pick them apart like you are some sort of film critic that anybody cares what you think, get a LIFE!

Movies are made to enjoy and "get-away" from the real world , now if a movie is trying to portray itself as real or believable and screws it up ,then that is another story!

Alphamale
well why did bad boy say in his post, if they made in present day with MM, then it would score. He is the one who posted like he didnt know, so talk to him about that, and if he doesnt remember doing it or was lame enough just to post it to be funny , then that is his fault not mine.

My point is , there are some movies that if the stuck to same script could be made better today than in the past with todays tech. It of course may not be as good as the original but it can work!

Case in point... while I liked the original "Thing" from the 50's it pales in comparison to the 80's John Carpenter "Thing", due to the better make-up and special effects!!

So one final time, if you dont want movies to be remade, then go to another post, this one was clearly marked for those who do!!

finti
if you are out of ideas for a new movie you shouldnt screw over an old one

Alphamale
hey finti, read the post title next time before offering an opinion not wanted in said post topic!!

But just for kicks... look at my example of THE THING remake and try to disagree with that one!!!

Thomas H
what??

BackFire349
i like the original thing more then the remake.

finti
Well I thought the thing sucked so my argument still stand, and I say they dont need to remake movies as an arguement against your "post title". Agian if you dont have ideas for a new movie then let it be.
You is refered to moviemakers here Alphamale not you

Ushgarak
Indeed, if Finti or anyone else wants to say they are entirely against the idea of re-makes in tis thread they are free to do so.

Anyone got an answer to my Westworld question?

I wouldn;t mind seeing what a re-make of The Longest Day would be like.

finti
I heard rumoprs of a remake of Tron or was it a sequel sick

Thomas H
Maybe Alphamale is Saddam under cover...he tries to take over this site and make a dictatorshipbig grin
-bring out the guns boys, we are going to war!smile

finti
and what is your ammo? letters?

Thomas H
7260*51 (Standard AG 3, amo)

Alphamale
NO Thomas its your right as a ass **** to come into a post that is clearly marked for those WHO DO want to see some remakes!!!

Your agrument that you have the RIGHT... blah blah blah... you are just being a jack ass... if someone isnt talking to you ... then its just being a rude jerk to pop off with a remark!

Like I said before I dont give a crap if you dont want to see movies remade.. I do in some instances... so back your big fat jerky mouth up!

As for anyone who didnt like the movie "THE THING" , you are someone I definately dont have time for!! You obviously have no taste in movies!!
So when you talk , all I will hear is wha wahwa wah waa(as in Charlie Brown's teacher)

Alphamale
Your question about westworld or futureworld...the answer is "FutureWorld"!!

mah
don't take that attitude alpha

Dexx
Listen alpha mating habbit....i tend not to care what craps do YOU give on anyone...Thomas saying what he said is as good as an ideea as any....so take it as it is. You yourself have repeated your ideea several times. This isn't a restricted thread either so i can say whatever i like, no? and so can anyone else.
But, i'll sure be carefull not to consume your preciouss time...mr. good tastes in movies.

Alphamale
oh yeah I will, they started the whole deal!

Is it too much to ask that someone read a topic and respond accordingly and not with some way to start a arguement??

If you dont want movies to be remade then start another alternate post topic or just dont respond! It's that easy! Just "walk away"

But no! Too many in here want to be a jerk and purposely post something to get a arguement started! Why? They like causing trouble and being jerks!

And I will let them know about it!

Alphamale
Yeah I do have good taste in movies... nice of you to see that! Glad you are knowlegdeable of my great taste! NOw you can tell Thomas about it so he can get it too! Thanks so much!

ooh and you can use such important words as "restricted post", yeah like I said this was a restricted post(too bad it isnt).

My point is that if you dont have something to say that is in conjuction with the post topic, then go on to one that your response will! Is it too much to ask that only the people actually interested in topic post a reply? I dont think so ,it's called common courtesy. It might too much to ask from the likes of some of you , I see!

Dexx
no, you see....me and thomas have made our personal evil skeeming goal to ravage this thread as best we can.

Alphamale
Dexx.. knock yourself out! It just proves my point.. so go ahead and make me look good, THANKS!!

Dexx
you know there's a special template for members like yourself? You'd fit right in with talion justice..if someone remembers him/her

Alphamale
Another bit of useless information...much like your opinion Dexx!!

Thomas H
im just kidding alphamale...sorry ok...no hard feelings?

Dexx
odd...there's a really unusual quantity of attention drawn by your replys....they must be really full of 'information'

Alphamale
Thomas , no probelm, No hard feelings on my end. I wasnt trying to start anything when I made this topic! Its just hard to understand why someone would want to come in here and "piss in my corn flakes" so to say!

I guess I just go by the old addage: Treat others like you would want to be treated! Might be corny , but I think it works if you try it!

Thomas H
Hey alpha, i rather like ebert and roeper..hehe

they better leave "the manchurian candidate" alson..NO REMEAKE of that beatifull classic!

Dexx
well yeah..i think you got back your treatment

Thomas H
Mine or alphas

Alphamale
Dexx, I dont quite get you! I responded with harsh words only after I percieved an attack on my topic! I didnt start out my post with Dexx is a jerk and yeah oh by the way ... name some movies to remake?

Thomas , I agree about the MC , great movie! And I do agree that alot of remade movies suck, My point was that if done RIGHT, it can be a good thing!

I really dont see how anyone cant like the 80's THING better than the 50's version! But hey whatever!!

Thomas H
The only good remake I have seen is Gone in 60 seconds, but then again the old movie where not categorized as a classic....smile

mah
alpha, when in this thread someone says a movie they'd like to see remade; then this thread is the most appropriate for someone who disagrees to say so. you don't make the rules of this thread just by starting it

Alphamale
Hey mah , for what is worth , Im done trying to explain to someone why it isnt cool to come into a topic and comment when what you are commenting doesnt meet the post topic ! Can you understand that?

Im not saying I make the rules, Im pointing out a way to do things, so that you dont come off as some sort of ass ****! But you go right ahead and do what you want, cause it fits you , Im sure!

If you dont want to treat others with some common courtesy , then fine! Go for it!

mah
*sigh* I'm just stating what others, including moderator for this section, has said here, that though this is a thread for remake-wishes it's not wrong for someone to say they disagree with others suggestions.
and your interpretation of common courtesy seems pretty off-beat to me

Thomas H
this discusion has ended mah....
alpah is an ok man!

Alphamale
Look mah , its pretty easy.. lets say You start a topic that says.. "Fans of Bruce Lee movies come in here"

and I post ... I hate Bruce Lee he sucks and so do his movies(I actually love Bruce Lee's movies)blah blah blah!

See , I bet you wouldnt like that and would probably let me know it!
My point it that is I indeed dont like Bruce Lee movies , why dont I just go onto another post which I do like and leave that one alone? Or i could even start my own post like" WHo here hate Bruce Lee movies?"

see it' really elementary!

Ushgarak
Roight, let's get down to rules here. I am the mod of this damn area and I have made my view clear. People CAN come here and say they do not want films re-made if they want. And I am sorry if you take exception to that, Alphamale, but that makes no difference. You have no control over a thread just because you made it, and on this board there IS room for small variation in topic content. A topic broadly about re-making films is one that has room for people saying they do not like the idea. Odd thing is, if you had just let that comment stand, there would have been no need to follow it up and probably this thread would have been a whole lot more on topic.

Regardless of what you think is elementary, you don't run things around here. This is how it works, and that is the end of the story.

That is a FINAL judgment, you have any more compliants, make them in private, don't clutter this thread.

And the 80's version is much better, of course.

Alphamale
Deleted.

Ushgarak
Obviously, Alphamale, you are having difficulty understanding me when I said to keep further complaints in private. Please understand such instructions in future.

Alphamale
fine as long as you read it!

Ushgarak
Certainly did, and I even understand some of your points, but even so.

BackFire349
i actually thought of a few movies that had good remakes... oceans 11 was good...the new gone in 60 seconds is enjoyable... but those are it i think... i dont think its really necessary to remake movies, id rather see new ideas.... however... now that peter jackson is one of the more presegious directors in the world... i would like to see him remake his old horror movies with bigger budgets, so he could afford better effects and what not.

Dexx
horror movies, yeah....i'd love to see some remade.

finti
eeeehhhh standard ammo for AG 3 is 7.62mm

finti
Name movies you wish they remake.

Those who say they dont like any remakes at all are simply responding to the topic set for this thread.
And Alphamale are you trying to take on every poster on this board, casue what you gonna learn in here is that not everybody see it the way you do.
And what goes for tastes in movie will also differ. You are entitled to your taste and opinion about movies , but so are other posters too. It doesnt mean that those who dont like the movies you do have bad taste. You see your taste in movies aint the standard set for what good taste is, its merly your opinion on the matter

mah
yah, I'd like Bad Taste remade

Mujaffa
noooooo, that's a classic..you can't remake it .. it has class

Mark
who has seen spider-man 2?

Mark
me

Thomas H
impossible! unsless its a cartoon!

finti
spiderman is a cartoon

Thomas H
dahhhhhh........

check out the number rainman!

finti
still, it is a cartoon

Bad Boy
What the hell are you on about??? In what way did I suggest that I didn't know the film was being made???

I said it 'looks' bad! 'Looks' means I already have some knowledge of it's developments. Also, with the MM score, I meant MUSICAL SCORE!!!

I suggest you go back and read my original post again!

Alphamale
NO I suggest you do, you said made in present day with Marilyn Manson then it would score!!

I did read your post, maybe you didnt?

Alphamale
There's good taste and bad taste , thats a fact not an opinion!

BackFire349
bad boy already knew long ago about the TCM remake, along with just about every poster on this board. there have been several threads on it. and he said that marilyn manson did the score. not that it will score.

Alphamale
Finti, What I will take from this is that some people on this board dont treat others like I do, with courtesy. If I dont agree with a thread topic , Im not going to go in it unless it says they want my opinion .. for example if I saw a post that said, ... "I liked Black Hawk Down, who else did?"If I didnt like BHD then I would NOT go in that post ,and say That movie sucked or I hated it! I would just go on to another post!

But hey thats me and how I treat others. You do whatever the heck you want, I was just stating (in your words) MY OPINION, right??

So I am going to drop it, cause I have stated my point and if you cant see it , then thats your probelm and I will avoid you in the future, okay!

We will have to agree to disagree !

BackFire349
you wont be getting a very high post count doing that buddy.

finti
oh we seen how well you react to people who doesnt see it your way.
This thread is called Name movies you wish they remake. if you dont whish they remade movies you are entitled to say so. On this board we are interested in all the opinions if we weren't then we would post in a fan forum for the specific movies where everybody agrees.
Indeed there is good and bad taste but who the hell gave you the idea YOUr taste was good. Taste is an matter of opinion .

and I am allowed to state mine

Bad Boy
Alpha, Alpha, Alpha! One thing I have learned during my time at these forums is the fact that people like to tease you and have a laugh.

For example, as a Michael Bay fan I often get taunted by certain member (no names included Mr BackFire). When I express my views when I know they are facts some will come back at me with more taunts......But so what??? Who cares man!

This is a forum. Everyone is invited to talk in every single thread! If you don't like what you see then I suggest you should end your future thread titles with, 'no humour, off-topics or opposite opinions allowed!'

BackFire349
what are you talking about bad boy, the whole board knows that i love micheal bay wink but seriously...alpha... the thing that makes this board so great, is that pretty much every member will disagree with the other members on something or another...but we are all still friends, like we poke fun at eachothers tastes sometimes, but its always in good fun, and we all know that. theres no room if you cant turn the other cheek and not get upset with the members for simply having a different view then you and telling them they cant post. that is simply not how this board is. like bad boy said... i make fun of him about him loving micheal bay, but i stil respect his opinion and listen to it. and sometimes...veyr seldomly he makes a good point smile

Fitch
that's democracy ! big grin

Thomas H
yea yea yea!

strider
SORRY IF SOMEONE ALREADY SAID IT BUT THEY NEEED TO REMAKE CLASH OF THE TITANS.. WITH THE SPECIAL EFFECTS THEY HAVE NOW IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE GREATEST REMAKES EVER!

ID OF COURSE HAVE TO GO WITH EITHER THE MATRIX TECHINICAL CREW OR LUCAS'S INDUSTRAIL LIGHT AND MAGIC .... OR PIXAR IF THEY DO ALOT OF CG STUFF... BUT PIXAR WOULD BE A DISTANT THIRD TO THE OTHER TWO
rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Thomas H
what kind of letter size is that??

strider
UM.. I REDUCED THE SIZE TO 1...

Thomas H
ok......smile

strider
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! DONT COPY ME!!! ILL CRY IF ANYONE DOES!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Dexx
i just might
i immagine the old star wars's would look good remade....but i mean good quality...keeping the oldie's scent. Not AOTC!!

Thomas H
I aint copying you dude!

strider
HEE HEE THANKS MATE
LUCAS IS GOING TO REMAKE STAR WARS EP 4,5,6 HES ALWAYS WANTED TO EVEN WHEN HE FIRST MADE IT. HE IS GOING TO ADD SOME THINGS TO IT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HE WANTED IT TO THE FIRST TIME....
rolling on floor laughing - WEEEEEEEEEEEE

finti
get those letters straight dude.

Thomas H
?

Dexx
umm..yeha..strider...you're so certain he's gonna remake them. I wish it was so. W'ed have something to keep counting of. But i doubt it.

finti
what you are gonna do strider is to use normal letters like the rest of the posters here

mah
what the heck, finti. stop about the letters allright, it's not like it matters

finti
it is about if you want to outline or make something special you used the letter options. that away it kind of stick out. So it does matter, besides have it ever occured to you that some people have a hard enough time reading the common size used here, how do you think they have it trying to read smaler prints. So out of respect of those he should alter the size to normal

Thomas H
not everybody need to use the same shit!

finti
it aint shit, it is about respecting those who doesnt see too well

Thomas H
ok...sorry if you dont...I actually agree, when you say it like that!

finti
|

finti
Well I did say it like that

Thomas H
well...I agree with you...

Jimmy Cokes
Aside from the borderline retarded argument about whether remaking movies is a good idea or not, I think people are missing the point here. Obviously it's a dumb idea to remake The Warriors, because The Warriors was a great flick. The movies that you need to remake are the movies that should have been great but weren't, movies where the idea was excellent but the execution sucked.

So, Havana, which was a remake of Casablanca, was a dumb idea from the start, because Casablanca is an amazing movie and there's no way to improve it.

On the other hand, a movie like, say, Event Horizon, which had an intriguing premise, but a shlocky horror-movie execution, is ripe for a remake (well, maybe not in real life, but creatively).

So go from there... What movie would you do better with, keeping the same premise, but changing the execution.

Hey people, I'm here to help.

Jimmy

finti
That away we might have 5 different movies about the same premise just a slight change in the execution, so talking about a borderline retarded argument........

Alphamale
Wow how this has taken off, but the side track to "how small" someones typing font is, I found funny!

I wish I could close this topic now, though!

finti
ok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.