How do the following characters tier?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
I have some idea's/thoughts about the following characters and want some of you guys input...

1st up, Rune King Thor; based on his feats, I am thinking he is atleast a powerful elder god or a low abstract...or somewhere inbetween perhaps?

Kubik; I am also uncertain how he (and other cube beings) tiers...Kubik believes he is beneath Celestials and Galactus. I am pretty sure he is correct on this and based on his showing against the reconned Beyonder, I am certain he is beyond an elder god...so where does he rank powerwise? Lower abstract perhaps...around the level of Love and Hate?

Thanos; I am convinced there is a tier between Skyfather and High Herald and I thinking Thanos, High Evolutionary, Darkseid, and The Elders of the Universe belong in this tier...your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your time and input! smile

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos; I am convinced there is a tier between Skyfather and High Herald and I thinking Thanos, High Evolutionary, Darkseid, and The Elders of the Universe belong in this tier...your thoughts?

High evollutionary is mid-high herad
Darkseid is low entity ( the group between skyfather and abstract)
Thanos is low skyfather

nicamarvin
I have some idea's/thoughts about the following characters and want some of you guys input...

1st up, Rune King Thor; based on his feats, RKT its up ther with his Brother Classic Demogorge between Elder God and Cosmic.... smokin'

TheLordofMurder
Thanos a low sky father? I somehow cant imagine Odin beating a fellow skyfather as one-sidedly as he did Thanos...

Also, is Darkseid really that powerful? If so, how does high herald level superman manage to give him a beatdown every now and then?

As for HE, I guess when you look beyond his tech and plot devices, mid herald seems likely...especially if his showing against Thor is any idication.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by nicamarvin
RKT its up ther with his Brother Classic Demogorge between Elder God and Cosmic.... smokin'

That seems about right to me as well; are you defining Cosmic as a Low Abstract or some other way btw?

lightyeargee
Thanos a low sky father? I somehow cant imagine Odin beating a fellow skyfather as one-sidedly as he did Thanos...

Also, is Darkseid really that powerful? If so, how does high herald level superman manage to give him a beatdown every now and then?

As for HE, I guess when you look beyond his tech and plot devices, mid herald seems likely...especially if his showing against Thor is any idication.
Superman is actually a Low Skyfather IMO. He was even asked to join the Quintessence at one point. Thanos is a Sky Father. No one short of a Skyfather could breech Galactus's mental Defenses or Knock Galactus completely off of his feet and throw him Hundreds of yards.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Superman is actually a Low Skyfather IMO. He was even asked to join the Quintessence at one point. Thanos is a Sky Father. No one short of a Skyfather could breech Galactus's mental Defenses or Knock Galactus completely off of his feet and throw him Hundreds of yards.

Didnt Thor actually harm Galactus with the God Blast (which Thanos's attack fail to do) and managed to rock him pretty good in one of those issues of the Fantastic Four (the one where Galactus takes the Power Cosmic away from Terrax)?

Simply knocking Galactus back doesnt seem to be a feat worthy of showing Thanos is a Skyfather as Thor has done something similar...

Also, Xavier and Magneto breeched Galactus's mental defenses (minutely...but they did it nonetheless) in the original Secret War...and neither of those guys are Skyfather level.

I simply fail to see how Thanos is a Skyfather level character...

lightyeargee
Didnt Thor actually harm Galactus with the God Blast (which Thanos's attack fail to do) and managed to rock him pretty good in one of those issues of the Fantastic Four (the one where Galactus takes the Power Cosmic away from Terrax)?

Simply knocking Galactus back doesnt seem to be a feat worthy of showing Thanos is a Skyfather as Thor has done worse...

Also, Xavier and Magneto breeched Galactus's mental defenses (minutely...but they did it nonetheless) in the original Secret War...and neither of those guys are Skyfather level.

Thor uses a Skyfather weapon IMO. The God force is a skyfather level blast from a Skyfather weapon. Odin has used that Same Weapon to kill gods. And Thanos did much more than Xavier and Magneto did. Also, One isn't standing up to Odin in any way shape or form unless they are a Skyfather. Odin one shotted Drax with the PG backing his stamina and durability. He one shotted Surfer. And he's beaten Surtur with a sword made of a Galaxy. Thanos fought a guy who's done all that and didn't die. He's a skyfather for sure. I'd say a mid level one at that.

Colossus-Big C

1st up, Rune King Thor; based on his feats, I am thinking he is atleast a powerful elder god or a low abstract...or somewhere inbetween perhaps?

Kubik; I am also uncertain how he (and other cube beings) tiers...Kubik believes he is beneath Celestials and Galactus. I am pretty sure he is correct on this and based on his showing against the reconned Beyonder, I am certain he is beyond an elder god...so where does he rank powerwise? Lower abstract perhaps...around the level of Love and Hate?

first off

abstract>Cosmic cube>elder god>skyfather>trans>herald>meta

now rune king thor is elder god level
kubic is cosmic cube level
thanos is skyfather level (low to mid)

high evolutionary is trans at normal but can amp to any level here

superman, captain marvel thor silver surfer loki and the likes are all herald

kc superman kc captain pluto , neptune and other hell lords(save mephisto) are trans

demogorge is either high elder god or cosmic cube level(?)

classic darkseid is elder god level

surtur, ymir, odin, zeus, vishnu all skyfather

meta are people of the likes as namor , colossus, she hulk etc

TheLordofMurder
In that issue of Blood and Thunder, Thanos showed that he was clearly beyond Drax and the Surfer (Drax didnt have the Power Gem at the time though...Thor had it)...but at the same time Odin showed a clear superiority over Thanos.

Thanos was unable to do anything significant to Odin...nothing; while Odin was hurting Thanos.

I guess we agree to disagree, but I cant see a low to mid level skyfather being beaten like that by Odin...I just cant see it.

I gotta believe a fellow skyfather (regardless of how powerful the skyfather was next to the other skyfathers) could atleast do some harm to Odin, but Thanos did none...

That fact, combined with the fact that Thanos was definitely beyond Drax and the Surfer, indicates that there is a tier inbetween high herald and skyfather...and Thanos fits right in it.

But I guess we agree to disagree.

Colossus-Big C
In that issue of Blood and Thunder, Thanos showed that he was clearly beyond Drax and the Surfer (Drax didnt have the Power Gem at the time though...Thor had it)...but at the same time Odin showed a clear superiority over Thanos.

Thanos was unable to do anything significant to Odin...nothing; while Odin was hurting Thanos.

I guess we agree to disagree, but I cant see a low to mid level skyfather being beaten like that by Odin...I just cant see it. trans?

TheLordofMurder
Ah...'trans' is the tier between high herald and Skyfather?

If so, that is where I believe Thanos belongs.

TheLordofMurder
Who else do you all consider a 'trans' level character?

Inaddition, what does trans stand for?

nicamarvin

Inaddition, what does trans stand for? SA Mangog, Trion Juggernaut, SuperBoy Prime, all of PC supermans(some will clame them to be Skyfather, but they were just amped bricks...)

funny thing is alot of people just have the raw power of skyfthers but lack all of the versatility of them, and afew of them are very versatiles like top tier Gls, Shaman X man but just lack that Raw power.... cool

galactusischere
SA Mangog, Trion Juggernaut, SuperBoy Prime, all of PC supermans(some will clame them to be Skyfather, but they were just amped bricks...)

funny thing is alot of people just have the raw power of skyfthers but lack all of the versatility of them, and afew of them are very versatiles like top tier Gls, Shaman X man but just lack that Raw power.... cool

Morg would also be a trans IMO.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Morg would also be a trans IMO. with WOL yes....without?...NO

TheLordofMurder
I assume you mean Morg with WoL or just Morg with the standard Power Cosmic?

Btw, do you guys consider the Elders to be trans level characters?

nicamarvin
Btw, do you guys consider the Elders to be trans level characters? they Should but they Jobb too much.... wink

People will say supes 1M and SuperMan Prime to be Skyfathers of higher.... roll eyes (sarcastic) but to me they are nothing more than Super Amped Krytonians......to me in orther to be a Skyfather you need to do thing things

Mater manipulate, stop time, resurrect the dead, some level of reality warping..... smokin'

Q99
I'd consider more recent Darkseids to be trans to low Skyfather.

Also, a lot of DC gods are in Trans.

JakeTheBank
Rune King Thor would be slightly beyond skyfather, imo. It's implied by feats and virtue of what he accomplished that he's beyond Odin, who in turn is probably on the higher rung of the skyfather ladder.

nicamarvin
this is my list of guys that with just more power could become Skyfather level, I will use the Power Gem

Shaman X-Man
SilverSurfer
Green Lantern(Guy)
Apocalypse

they got the versatility but lack that Raw Power output.... smokin'

TheLordofMurder
this is my list of guys that with just more power could become Skyfather level, I will use the Power Gem

Shaman X-Man
SilverSurfer
Green Lantern(Guy)
Apocalypse

they got the versatility but lack that Raw Power output.... smokin'

++

galactusischere
with WOL yes....without?...NO Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I assume you mean Morg with WoL or just Morg with the standard Power Cosmic?

Btw, do you guys consider the Elders to be trans level characters?

With the WOL.

Inaddition, what does trans stand for?

Trans stands for transcendental and it is indeed the weight class between herald and skyfather. People usually further refine the classes into upper, mid and low tier.

Trans level characters include: Classic Dr Strange, Thanos, Darkseid (his defeats at the hands of SM can be viewed as retarded PIS or a relative depowerement), High Evolutionary, Void, Annihilus, Guardians of Oa.

Examples for the other classes include:

Abstract: Nekron, Galactus, Phoenix and Scarlet Witch - notice that a character doesn't really need to be an actual abstract concept to fit into the category.

Cosmic Cube: Molecule man beyonder etc.

Elder God: Gaia, DS's dad whatever his name is

Skyfather: Odin etc.

Herald: GL, SS, SM, etc.

There is a thread in this site that has the power tiers and characters that fit in them, according to the votes at the time it was still open, from baseline human to trans level.

K-Dog
I believe depowered Tyrant and Amazo are both trans.

kgkg
Some people are too funny.

Badabing
There's already a tier thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

This isn't the forum to discuss tiers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.