Darh Vader (rots) VS Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Let us assume vader survived his fight with kenobi unscathed and didn't get sliced to pieces. 2 weeks later he is confronted by a ressurected maul.

Battle takes place in a space hulk docking bay.

Who comes out alive?

Galan007
Vader.

Hewhoknowsall
Vader.

Ms.Marvel
vader eats him with the force.

Board Walker
Rots anaking, during the time of when he fought obi was that strong?

Nephthys
Given 2 weeks to calm down he could probably reach his TeH ZoNe form and royally kick Maul's ass.

Hewhoknowsall
ROTS Vader wouldn't need to be "in teh zone" to beat Maul.

DarthDaniel1001
If it's DS Anakin in the state of mind he was in when he assaulted the Jedi Temple, then yes, he wins, and handily at that. But if he's still in his Mustafar mindset....

truejedi
I'm thinking Vader has got this. Owned Dooku, remember.

DarthDaniel1001
Technically, that was LS Anakin, but yeah, he wins here.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
If it's DS Anakin in the state of mind he was in when he assaulted the Jedi Temple, then yes, he wins, and handily at that. But if he's still in his Mustafar mindset....

Well the fact that he just choked his wife and was fighting his former master affected his mindset quite a bit. Here, that wouldn't apply. If it did, Vader would still probably win unless if Maul can hold off long enough for Vader to mess up.

Anakin4Ever
Maul is cool and all, but he just doesn't have the power to overcome Vader's Djem So. I'd say if Vader was in his cybernetic suit, it would be nearly even (but I think we all watched the outcome of that fight).

BruceSkywalker
Anakin way too easy

Lord Lucien
It wouldn't be that easy. Maul's a beast.

Ms.Marvel
with a lightsaber, and even then, only kinda.

anakin would rag doll him with force attacks though.

Eminence
Like he did Obi-Wan...?

Mustafar Vader stands a very good chance of being outwitted and dismantled.

Lord Lucien
True. He's a dumbass at this point.

Eminence
Your avatar is spectacular, sir.

Lord Lucien
It's because I smell like a man.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Eminence
Like he did Obi-Wan...?

Mustafar Vader stands a very good chance of being outwitted and dismantled.

i've seen more impressive force abilities from obi-wan then from maul no expression

MikeMikeTheMike
Anakin wins easily. he took out dooku who took out ben who was way better than darth mall. (lol mall like shopping) Happy Dance

Lord Lucien
It's getting so hard to recognize trolls/socks from legit new members.

truejedi
they must be taught, but they all sound like BOOG. (who, in retrospect WAS a legit member, if I had to guess.)

MikeMikeTheMike
I know what a trull is, but what's a sock?

mattatom
Originally posted by MikeMikeTheMike
I know what a trull is, but what's a sock? Something you wear on your foot before your put on your shoe.

Hewhoknowsall
Anakin wins easily. he took out dooku who took out ben who was way better than darth mall. (lol mall like shopping) Happy Dance

But Obi Wan beat Anakin who beat Dooku who was said to have beaten Mace in sparring contests who beat Sidious who trained Maul who beat Qui Gon who was said to have stalemated Mace who beat Sidious who beat Yoda who beat Dooku who beat Obi Wan who beat Anakin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi Wan > Anakin > Dooku > Mace > Sidious > Maul > Qui Gon = Mace > Sidious > Yoda > Dooku > Obi Wan > Anakin??????????????????????????????????

wink

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
But Obi Wan beat Anakin who beat Dooku who was said to have beaten Mace in sparring contests who beat Sidious who trained Maul who beat Qui Gon who was said to have stalemated Mace who beat Sidious who beat Yoda who beat Dooku who beat Obi Wan who beat Anakin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi Wan > Anakin > Dooku > Mace > Sidious > Maul > Qui Gon = Mace > Sidious > Yoda > Dooku > Obi Wan > Anakin??????????????????????????????????

wink

Those all happened at different times, which makes a big difference. Obi-Wan beat Anakin because of his tactical genius and Vader's umm, mental defects. Dooku beat Mace before Mace created Vaapad. Sidious faked his defeat. Yoda lost his duel because of his small mass letting himself be flung farther than Sidious. Dooku beat Obi-Wan because of a lucky and unforseen blow from the Force.

truejedi
I think it was a joke. And not a lousy one actually. Making fun of the ABC earlier.

Letum Lettow
Even with the Psychological stuff going on in his head during Mustafar, he's too much of a beast for Maul to deal with. Period.

I...honestly don't see Maul lasting that long. He might be able to inflict some minor injuries but...he's doomed.

If it's focused and calm Anakin, he's screwed.

If it's enraged and sad Anakin, he's Fubar. It's likely VAder breaks his arms when Maul attempt to block or parry the first few blows.

MikeMikeTheMike
I wouldn't say FUBAR...

Maul was pretty damn fast. 2 jedis at 1ce? All anakin ever beat was one old man.

Letum Lettow
Both Jedi were fighting at a severe disadvantage fro there respective styles.

And again, it's kinda hard to hold a lightsaber when both your arms are broken.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
Even with the Psychological stuff going on in his head during Mustafar, he's too much of a beast for Maul to deal with. Period.

I...honestly don't see Maul lasting that long. He might be able to inflict some minor injuries but...he's doomed.

If it's focused and calm Anakin, he's screwed.

If it's enraged and sad Anakin, he's Fubar. It's likely VAder breaks his arms when Maul attempt to block or parry the first few blows.
um like never

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
um like never

That doesn't exactly work as a response.

Could you explain a bit please?

Red Nemesis
um like never

Letum Lettow
Which sentence are you responding too, troll?

truejedi
did you just call Red a troll?

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by truejedi
did you just call Red a troll? As a joke as he won't specify what exactly he is referring too.

Like which sentence?

Red Nemesis
LL, I was commenting on how extremely implausible it is that anyone will be breaking the arms of anyone else.

Furthermore, I find your prediction on the outcome of this fight on Mustafar to be unlikely in the extreme; Anakin's extreme strength is a function of his strength in the Force, and he was unable to even counter a Force Push from Kenobi in the bloodlusted state that we see at the end of Ep. III. Using the Force to augment his strength to be greater than that of Maul, a combatant uniquely accomplished in the use of the Force to maintain and augment his physical abilities (as shown by his ability to survive hunter droids for a prolonged period and then be able to give Sidious pause) would likely be beyond AngryAnakin's reach.

Lord Lucien
LL, I was commenting on how extremely implausible it is that anyone will be breaking the arms of anyone else. No! No, that acronym can only be used for one.

The only Anakin that would best Maul in the saber department would be "tEh z0ne" Anakin.

Board Walker
I thought maul was one of the most skilled saber users?

Ms.Marvel
hes good. nothing uber extraordinary. upper middle tier or low top-tier

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Board Walker
I thought maul was one of the most skilled saber users? He is, when compared against the horde. Against the big name players, he second-tier. He'd lose against the likes of Sidious, Yoda, Mace, and Dooku, and would do well, and may win against the other PT greats like Tinn, Kolar etc. But against Zone Anakin, he's not got a hope. Light Anakin, Ticked Anakin and Vader he'd do quite well against, they lacking the strength, focus, and clarity (respectively) needed to combat Maul's own aggressive discipline and strength.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He is, when compared against the horde. Against the big name players, he second-tier. He'd lose against the likes of Sidious, Yoda, Mace, and Dooku, and would do well, and may win against the other PT greats like Tinn, Kolar etc. But against Zone Anakin, he's not got a hope. Light Anakin, Ticked Anakin and Vader he'd do quite well against, they lacking the strength, focus, and clarity (respectively) needed to combat Maul's own aggressive discipline and strength.

Who really is "Zone Anakin." I'm sure Light Anakin would still best Maul after a tough fight.

Nephthys
He's Anakin in the mindset when he beat Dooku in ROTS. He basically made all of Dooku's experience and skill into a farce and beat him literally just by deciding to. He was also able to tap into the darkside safely and completely and was described as getting stronger (and faster?) by the second. Not even Yoda could do that.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's Anakin in the mindset when he beat Dooku in ROTS. He basically made all of Dooku's experience and skill into a farce and beat him literally just by deciding to. He was also able to tap into the darkside safely and completely and was described as getting stronger (and faster?) by the second. Not even Yoda could do that.

Isn't that the same as Ticked Anakin but lower than Vader? If zone Anakin is that, then he definitely beats Maul.

And Yoda doesn't have tap into the Dark Side to beat Dooku. He could tap into the Dark Side and obliterate Sidious if he wanted to.

ares834
Vader wins.

MikeMikeTheMike
Originally posted by ares834
Vader wins. Nice argument. Care to expand on that?

ares834
Nice argument. Care to expand on that?
Simply because he is superior. Yes, he lost to Kenobi, but I belive Maul would loose to ROTS Kenobi as well. Anakin's loss to Kenobi though can be attributed to three things.
1. He was not in control of himself. This is fairly obvious from the movie. However, it does not seem this way during much of the time as Vader. In fact he seems cool and calculating when storming the Jedi Temple or killing the seperatist. Yes the rage was there but he seemed to keep it under control. At least untill confronted by Padme and ObiWan at which point he went of the deep end.

2. Obi-Wan's form was well suited for this fight. Soresu is meant to extend the fight which he did here untill Vader basicly self destructed.

3. Obi-Wan was Anakin's master. He knew how Anakin fought. A major advantage.

Maul, on the other hand, will not have any of these advantages against Anakin. Ergo I doubt he can beat him.

MikeMikeTheMike
1. He looks pretty pissed throughout the whole movie... distracted... Did we watch the same separatist slaughter? I saw him violently and hatefully lashing out...

2. Ok obi-wan's form.... didn't maul master alot of forms?

3. Anakin was obi-wan's apprentice, he knew how obi-wan fought. A major advantage.

Darth Martin
There is no question Vader is more powerful at this point in the Force. But a lightsaber duel would be interesting. Maul is a beast in his own right and is very technically skilled with a blade.

Lightsaber Duel: Vader 7/10
Force Fight: Vader 8/10
All-Out: Vader 8/10

Those are dominating numbers but I see the fights going a long time.

ares834
1. He looks pretty pissed throughout the whole movie... distracted... Did we watch the same separatist slaughter? I saw him violently and hatefully lashing out...
And he looked pissed and hatefully lashed out when fighting Dooku as well. The thing is he hasn't seemingly gone of the deep end yet. He does this when Kenobi revieals himself, and Vader just seems to unleash all his hatred and rage. His scream of outrage and choking his wife is proof enough for that.

No... He mastered Juyo.

First of all it is the job of the Master to teach the apprentice, ergo Obi-Wan should know far more about how Anakin fights then Anakin knowing how Kenobi fights. Second of all we know Anakin was out of control. Anakin could have used this to his advantage but he did not as he fought without thinking.

MikeMikeTheMike
One might argue that while maul was trained to fight the more common djem so, while anakin, while not being the best defender ever anyway, would have never seen Juyo before.

Red Nemesis
No! No, that acronym can only be used for one.

The only Anakin that would best Maul in the saber department would be "tEh z0ne" Anakin.
Lucien, I've never used an acronym for you. You are too important to abbreviate.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Isn't that the same as Ticked Anakin but lower than Vader? If zone Anakin is that, then he definitely beats Maul. There are four mindsets of Anakin in RotS. Light, Ticked, Zone, and Vader. The first three all take place during his fight with Dooku, and Vader of course with Kenobi. I'm not sure which one stormed the temple.

Lucien, I've never used an acronym for you. You are too important to abbreviate. love

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ares834
And he looked pissed and hatefully lashed out when fighting Dooku as well. The thing is he hasn't seemingly gone of the deep end yet. He does this when Kenobi revieals himself, and Vader just seems to unleash all his hatred and rage. His scream of outrage and choking his wife is proof enough for that.

Although Anakin was angry during the Dooku fight, he wasn't reckless. You didn't see him recklessly attacking Dooku. Anakin had a great clarity of mind AND anger while attacking Dooku, which is impressive since the two rarely go together.

Juyo requires a knowledge of multiple forms.

Right. Anakin lost to Obi Wan because he wasn't thinking straight.

Vader takes this though since he won't be an emotional wreck this time around.

Zack Skywalker
Ok, I think Vader in two weeks after Mustafar could be as good as Yoda, Windu, or Sidious if he already wasn't. He develops super fast and could be amazing by then. Maul would put up a really good fight though, and heres why. A comic said Obi Wan a few years after Mustafar was a really good fight with him, and eventually won. Vader would be able to beat Obi wan if it wasn't for his mindset and Obi Wan having the highground. He still was kind of dominant through the duel. So basiclly, two weeks later Anakin beats him in two to three minutes.

Lord Lucien
Two weeks? Pulling numbers out of your ass is easy. Watch:

"If Maul had drank at least 20 ml more Redbull before the duel, he would have had the revitalized mind and energy needed to comprehend that his imminent bisection, thus avoiding it."

Cut it out.

Zack Skywalker
Two weeks was in the original post. It said this is two weeks after Mustafar.

Lord Lucien
And you believe that Vader would become Yoda and Sidious' equal... in two weeks?

Shoes
Two weeks? Pulling numbers out of your ass is easy. Watch:

"If Maul had drank at least 20 ml more Redbull before the duel, he would have had the revitalized mind and energy needed to comprehend that his imminent bisection, thus avoiding it."

Cut it out.

that pun...

Let's not forget that Maul manhandled Qui-Gon, who was considered one of the best swordsmen of the order at that time, and who dueled Windu to a standstill.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Shoes
that pun...

Let's not forget that Maul manhandled Qui-Gon, who was considered one of the best swordsmen of the order at that time, and who dueled Windu to a standstill.

BIG ASSED FACEPALM!!! Look here Shoes: Qui-Gon battled Mace to a standstill when exactly? Long before Mace was the badass that he later became. Also, this was during a sparring session, not life or death battle. Because of this, I can almost guarantee you that Mace didn't utilize his Vaapad, as this would be careless use of the darkness within. Also, I cannot remember the source, but when Yoda sparred with Windu, he sensed that Windu was holding back... ALOT. Quit using past SPARRING matches as a gauge of ones combat ability, it doesn't work.

Zack Skywalker
Originally posted by Shoes
that pun...

Finally, someone who believes me Qui Gonn was Windu's equal. Vader was actually around as powerful if not more powerful when he was "in t3h z0n3". So in two weeks at his rate of getting better he could be that good.

Shoes
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
BIG ASSED FACEPALM!!!

cool

TPM.

Before Vaapad, yes. Even so, TPM Mace would have no trouble killing OT Vader in a pure saber fight.

So he didn't kill him, meaning that Windu withdrew. Now why would Windu withdraw?

Even if your conclusion was accurate, the means you ended up there was completely invalid and false.

Please get me the source.
Please tell me that Yoda specifically said that every time that Windu dueled with someone he held back.
Please tell me how this is relevant.

Well of course it does. Qui-Gon is more or less unknown. His greatest feats were losing to Maul, and tying Windu.

Actually it does. Quit blindly sputtering about meaningless and overall irrelevant details, it doesn't work.

Zack Skywalker
I have one question i must know. When Qui Gonn=Mace Windu, was this the time when Windu and Dooku were equal?

Gideon
The only source, to my knowledge, that indicates that Windu and Dooku are equals is Dark Rendezvous, set during the Clone Wars.

gollumizer
Ok while being a firm believer that darth maul secretly rules the world im going to have to give this fight to vader. Vader just has more tools to work with and hes a master of all of them if he couldnt beat maul with lightsaber (which he verywell could) he would just switch to throwing cargo crates around or something. Even with the two weeks after the severe emotional tramua vader wins

Eminence
I would be willing to bet Lucien's life that no such source has ever existed in canon, and humbly ask that you refrain from making shit up.

Prove it.

Prove it.

It's funny, because you can't.

no expression

Galan007
Heh.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Eminence
I would be willing to bet Lucien's life that no such source has ever existed in canon, and humbly ask that you refrain from making shit up.

Meh! I'd bet his life too, just for the lulz. As for the source... that's why I stated my uncertainty as to the source and validity thereof. I actually do not remember where I read it. It may very well not be canon. If that's the case, then my bad.

Toshi
Vader stomps IMO which may not mean much since I'm new (first post ftw) but if Maul does something simple as call Padme fat he'll go on a hissy fit and stomp Maul.

Mr. Anderson014
Any version of Anakin in ROTS would win this fight. Light, dark, or "teh zone".

Yes, anakin was an emotional wreck. But maul wasn't perfect either. Are people forgetting how maul died in the first place? he defeated obi-wan by force pushing him down a deep hole and instead of finishing him, he just decided to d*ck around and make sparks. Then obi-wan thought of a way to beat him. a PADAWAN obi-wan at that. At least Anakin lost to a JEDI MASTER obi-wan....

draylok3
a fight with maul and vader already happened and vader won so vader

truejedi
I do believe that was a Darth Vader CLONE, amirite?

Lord Lucien
urite.

truejedi
oops. darth maul clone.

Lord Lucien
We still have a Force Unleashed 3, so give it time.

Ketoshifter
Yeah dooku was prolly sidious's best hope for kill ani and we all know who replaced maul, and was kill by ani

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Ketoshifter
Yeah dooku was prolly sidious's best hope for kill ani and we all know who replaced maul, and was kill by ani

Sids didn't want to kill Anakin. He wanted to turn him. Anakin was to replace Dooku.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Ketoshifter
Yeah dooku was prolly sidious's best hope for kill ani and we all know who replaced maul, and was kill by ani Grammar, here boy. *whistle* Here boy!

Arkhams Clown
i think maul, simply because he so much more nimble, he has a much better lightsaber prowess too. the only way i think vader would win is with his force powers, because he is lethal with those haha.

Slash_KMC
Vader from Revenge of the Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.