Magneto vs Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The best developed character in Marvel vs that red crap.

Debate!

BattleMage
0_o

Blanket
Originally posted by 753
The best developed character in Marvel vs that red crap.

Debate! I don't think we need to call Magneto red crap. I enjoy him.

BruceSkywalker
seriously what really can magneto do to even slow rulk down?

Originally posted by Blanket
I don't think we need to call Magneto red crap. I enjoy him. Nah Magneto is a one-dimensional piece of crap and his showings are PIS fueled garbage designed for shock value in a desperate atempto revive a decadent franchise (like ripping logan's adamantium)

The Rulk on the other hand has been extarordinarilly well fleshed out and has an awesome background story. I mean General Ross? Who would have seen that coming?

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seriously what really can magneto do to even slow rulk down? He can throw metal stuff at him and he can fly too.

Blanket
And he can control his gamma energies, shoot blasts at him, and bite him.

JakeTheBank
I don't think we need to call Magneto red crap. I enjoy him.

LMAO

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by 753
He can throw metal stuff at him and he can fly too.

but will that actually stop rulk from absorbing mag's powers?

JakeTheBank
Rulk requires physical contact to absorb powers, right? Or does he just need to be close?

guy222
Rulk FTW

Blanket
How is Rulk going to absorb Magneto's mutant powers?

Magneto just controlled Proteus' energies... I'd think he'd be the one absorbing powers.

TheTyrant
Rulk punched out a watcher.

/thread

JakeTheBank
I don't see Rulk getting past Mag's shields much less getting close to Magneto unless PIS, Rulk's power source, comes into play.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but will that actually stop rulk from absorbing mag's powers? Well I was being sarcastic. But magneto can sling the rulk into orbit along with a big chunk of the continent, rip the iron in his blood, **** his nervous system up, accelerate the overheat, blast him with a thousand nukes worth EMP, shove him through a wormhole and keep his distance flying arround inside a force-field while doing these things.

Bentley
Rulk absorbs whatever Magneto throws, the dude absorbed Silver Surfer, he's obviously above this chump.

Unnacceptable, the loebforce is off here. Besides, now that the ridiclous novelty effect is gone, the world is doing a lot less jobbing to the Rulk.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bentley
Rulk absorbs whatever Magneto throws, the dude absorbed Silver Surfer, he's obviously above this chump.

I thought the reason for that was that the Red Hulks are a product of Cosmic/Gamma energy thus he can absorb cosmic/gamma energy.

Bentley
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I thought the reason for that was that the Red Hulks are a product of Cosmic/Gamma energy thus he can absorb cosmic/gamma energy.

That makes more sense than the Rulk I've read uhuh

marvelmadness13
I can't see Magneto losing here. At the very least Rulk won't be able to get psat his shield, making it a stalemate, and at best Max does the blood iron trick for an easy victory. His energy manipulation gives him an incredible advantage over the PIStacular brick that is Rulk.

SuperMan103
rulk punked silver surfer, grandmaster, watcher, thor, hulk, etc. i dont think magneto has a chance here.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
Nah Magneto is a one-dimensional piece of crap and his showings are PIS fueled garbage designed for shock value in a desperate atempto revive a decadent franchise (like ripping logan's adamantium)

The Rulk on the other hand has been extarordinarilly well fleshed out and has an awesome background story. I mean General Ross? Who would have seen that coming?

My sarcasm detector just exploded.

Mshinu
Mags turns the Rulk Pink stick out tongue

rotiart
Current depictions? Rulk was apparently depowered by Betty wasn't he?
And magneto is weak in comparison but still has some power

Stoic
When matching the two of these guys together we should take into account the best of these guys showings, or we will never see a clear cut victor.

On one hand Magneto has struggled with the combined might of the X-Men. While Rulk trashed Thor, The Hulk and several other beings that would take a huge crap on the X-Men.

Well I'll leave the rest to your imaginations.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Stoic
When matching the two of these guys together we should take into account the best of these guys showings, or we will never see a clear cut victor.

On one hand Magneto has struggled with the combined might of the X-Men. While Rulk trashed Thor, The Hulk and several other beings that would take a huge crap on the X-Men.

Well I'll leave the rest to your imaginations.
Classic ABC logic mistake.

The irony is look who gave Rulk his hardest time, Wolverine and now put Wolverine against Magneto.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Mshinu
Mags turns the Rulk Pink stick out tongue fear the power of Pulk!!!!

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Classic ABC logic mistake.

The irony is look who gave Rulk his hardest time, Wolverine and now put Wolverine against Magneto.

I won't make up things as I go along, but Wolverine doesn't a stand chance against Rulk. Poor writing and politics lead to Wolverines good showing against Rulk.

ABC logic? Try not to convince yourself of this, Rulk is not only insanely strong (leaping from the moon to earth with ease), but the way that he handled the Silver Surfer, the Hulk, Thor and even the Grandmaster, puts him comfortably above Magneto.

I can't truly say whether or not Rulk was stronger than WWHulk who stomped the X-Men in every way, but from the evidence of his battle with Thor I'd be willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Magneto stalemated with Sebastien Shaw, Rulk IMO is above Shaw. As I stated earlier WWHulk embarassed the X-Men, who have always had a knack for running Magneto out of town.

Parmaniac
I won't make up things as I go along, but Wolverine doesn't a stand chance against Rulk. Poor writing and politics lead to Wolverines good showing against Rulk.

ABC logic? Try not to convince yourself of this, Rulk is not only insanely strong (leaping from the moon to earth with ease), but the way that he handled the Silver Surfer, the Hulk, Thor and even the Grandmaster, puts him comfortably above Magneto.

I can't truly say whether or not Rulk was stronger than WWHulk who stomped the X-Men in every way, but from the evidence of his battle with Thor I'd be willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Magneto stalemated with Sebastien Shaw, Rulk IMO is above Shaw. As I stated earlier WWHulk embarassed the X-Men, who have always had a knack for running Magneto out of town. I would agree that Loebforce Rulk stomps Mags but Rulk isn't written like this anymore PLUS there was an official downgrade since then. I don't think he takes Magneto anymore. Or let's say it depends on the battlefield.

Stoic
I would agree that Loebforce Rulk stomps Mags but Rulk isn't written like this anymore PLUS there was an official downgrade since then. I don't think he takes Magneto anymore. Or let's say it depends on the battlefield.

True.

rotiart
You said let's take the best showings then mention how magneto had problems with the xmen? Hardly.

Magnetos has showings where he is the guy that can defeat magneto, bypass rogues powers, manipulate iron in blood, strip adamantium from wolverien, take down magneto, drain the power from Joseph, amp his strength, create shields that class 100s like colossus couldn't break,....

Magneto at his peak would be untouched by rulk

rotiart
My iPhones autocorrect replaced apocalypse with magneto?
Anyways..

Magneti shifted the entire earth and lifted asteroid m...
He defeated in his twilight years a predator x... Sometime it took an entire team with extreme effort to do

Mindset
And he can control his gamma energies, shoot blasts at him, and bite him. LMFAO

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Bentley
That makes more sense than the Rulk I've read uhuh

Maybe I read War of the Hulks: Alpha wrong.... confused

marvelmadness13
Hasn't Magneto messed up Apocalypse with the blood iron thing? If he can ***** slap being of that level what's to stop Magneto from doing the same to Rulk?

Bentley
You seem to imply that Apocalypse is somewhat on a higher level than Rulk...?

marvelmadness13
Given his powerset I'd say he's more of a threat, if not on a higher level, than Rulk.

rotiart
A non CIS apocalypse > rulk

Xplosive
Even five Magnetos at their best, Rulk at his best would crush them and kill them very quickly. Magneto has no chance. Far too much power from Rulk.

Bentley
Originally posted by rotiart
A non CIS apocalypse > rulk

He would get one-shotted like the Grandmaster.

Warlord
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Rulk requires physical contact to absorb powers, right? Or does he just need to be close?

he just requires Loeb writing the story

Magneto stalemated with Sebastien Shaw, Rulk IMO is above Shaw. As I stated earlier WWHulk embarassed the X-Men, who have always had a knack for running Magneto out of town.

You make no sense, struggling with the x-men is not magneto at his best and he's blown through them all like a hurricane countless times. He's taken out the Defenders with prep and handled the phoenix - granted she wasn't as powerfull back them, but she was still very powerfull. More recently he defeated Protheus while severely weakened and at death's door.

Your claims about PIS Rulk's defeats of others are unuseble ABC logic.

Rulk has also been powered down and the only plausible way for him to beat magneto is power drain, which I doubt will fly here with Mag's reach and mobility advantages, and the starting distance. Rulk will not reach or punch his way through Mags shields in able time.

Even if we assume anything magneto blasts the Rulk with will absorbed, Magneto can encapsule the battlefield in a force field and BFR the whole thing into space like he did to protheus for the easy win.

Xplosive
How has been Rulk powered down? All I see, is him not going on rampage anymore.

Originally posted by Xplosive
How has been Rulk powered down? All I see, is him not going on rampage anymore. The world is jobbing less and he's struggling with far less powerfull things than a watcher. The PIS has softened arround that one.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Warlord
he just requires Loeb writing the story

LOL, well, yeah, I guess that works.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Xplosive
How has been Rulk powered down? All I see, is him not going on rampage anymore. He absorbed energy from the negative zone, it was negative energy and made him weaker not sure in what issue it was but he was around with Ben Grimm in that moment.

Xplosive
He absorbed energy from the negative zone, it was negative energy and made him weaker not sure in what issue it was but he was around with Ben Grimm in that moment.

Thanks! Liked him, when he was a beast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.