Thor vs Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
Current thor vs Current ion

CIS off

Galan007
Thor just pummels the shit out of him.

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Gecko4lif
Ion could make it a very competitive fight if he stops being a **** ( which he is in this fight)

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor just pummels the shit out of him.
thumb up

Classic ION would win though

quanchi112
Thor wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Ion could make it a very competitive fight if he stops being a **** ( which he is in this fight)

Agreed,

Really, a Daxamite + GL powerup + Ion powerup should be able to deal with most of Thor's options, not to mention he should be physically superior.

A normal GL made one of the yellow sun powered Daxamites bleed with a punch. Stands to reason Yat should be even stronger with his rings support, e.g. stronger than even Superman.

I mean hell, old school Kyle Rayner can bottle up a damned sun and imprison the entire Crime Syndicate in JLA: Earth 2 for hours, you'd think Yat wouldn't be such a wimp.

celeyhyga17
I'm thinking Ion. He hasn't had the best showings for a character with the power potential he has, but in theory he should be above Thor. He should be basically Superman with a GL ring and Ion entity. To his credit, no one has done more in a one on one against SBP like he has. Slightly depowered SBP at that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I'm thinking Ion. He hasn't had the best showings for a character with the power potential he has, but in theory he should be above Thor. He should be basically Superman with a GL ring and Ion entity. To his credit, no one has done more in a one on one against SBP like he has. Slightly depowered SBP at that. In theory doesn't hold weight at all showings are what count on kmc.

Slaanesh
i would give GL Yat a win over Thor..with Ion..he win this more easily..

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
In theory doesn't hold weight at all showings are what count on kmc.

We're talking about a Daxamite with a gl ring.

A daxamite or GL alone can give Thor a good fight. The only showings Yat is lacking, are high cosmic ones, but he has plenty of decent showings to prove he can give Thor a good fight. (Mongul is a bad showing for his power level, but Mongul also spanked six high level GL's, which is something I can't see Thor doing in the same direct manner Mongul did..)

celeyhyga17
Ion should win this. Now if Mjolnir was made of lead instead of Uru, then we're talking. =P

Ion wins
7/10

lightyeargee
Thor does not posess the Striking power to defeat Ion.

-Pr-
Thor.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Thor does not posess the Striking power to defeat Ion.

dude, haven't you heard? thor has supported infinite weight in the past. stick out tongue

DarthDaniel1001
Technically, Ion has no current host, but I assume you mean Sodom Yat? In that case, Thor probably wins, but it's jard to say. Kyle may stand a better chance. Also, exactly how strong are the Draxamites supposed to be anyway?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Technically, Ion has no current host, but I assume you mean Sodom Yat? In that case, Thor probably wins, but it's jard to say. Kyle may stand a better chance.

Isn't Yat, and the Ion entity, still inside Daxam's sun?

DarthDaniel1001
Nope. Yat was very recently stripped of the Ion entity by a mystery baddy in Brightest Day.

celeyhyga17
well this fight is Ion Yat b4 any of brightest day.

@DarthDaniel
Daxamites are basically Kryptonians that left Krypton. So he should be Superman levels with a GL ring and Ion entity.

lightyeargee
No way in Hell is Thor as strong Durable or fast as Superboy Prome. Abd he had to work to Brat Yat. Plus Yat got weakended by Lead. His ring counters that now.

Slaanesh
yup..Yat have Supes level of strength and durability..and he have a GL ring to enhance his strength and durability even more..and he have super speed..his GL ring also gives him the versatility advantage..and on top of that..he got the Ion entity to further enhance all of that ability..there is no way Thor can match him..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Slaanesh
yup..Yat have Supes level of strength and durability..and he have a GL ring to enhance his strength and durability even more..and he have super speed..his GL ring also gives him the versatility advantage..and on top of that..he got the Ion entity to further enhance all of that ability..there is no way Thor can match him..

Should be....

DarthDaniel1001
Wait a minute....Yat is as strong as Superman, but with the Ion entity giving him a power boost? If that's the case then there is no way in hell that Thor wins.

JakeTheBank
It's debatable if he's literally as strong as Superman. Sure, he's a Daxamite, but that's about all we know. And the Ion entity currently is kinda meh-ish. Taking on Prime is impressive sure, but look at how Superman himself dealt with Prime in LO3W. Prime is still > High Heralds, but nowhere near insanely so (Guardian Amp notwithstanding)

Not to mention Thor is one of the better characters to throw against a GL based character.

It's a good fight regardless, and with CIS off, I sure as hell don't see a stomp happening to either character.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Taking on Prime is impressive sure, but look at how Superman himself dealt with Prime in LO3W.

Supes hand got pierce by Prime HV..the same HV didn't even put a scratch on Yat..that prove Yat durability is way better than Supes..and Supes didn't even last that long against Prime..so what is it that Supes did in LO3W??

maybe Yat strength isn't really equal to Supes..but with the GL ring and Ion with him..he has proven to be stronger than Supes..he is the only person to ever go toe to toe with Prime and actually did good..

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Wait a minute....Yat is as strong as Superman, but with the Ion entity giving him a power boost? If that's the case then there is no way in hell that Thor wins. What has he done to make you feel otherwise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.