The what powers would you want thread again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
Sun based Health/healing - You don';t get superman exotic powers. It's just that if you get a small stab but your in the sun you can heal in minutes. And as long as your in the sun you can not get tired. But remember none of your physical attributes is enhanced except stamina and healing. But you can still die from getting your head blown off.

Warrior Madness
You can do this once a month and it last 24hrs straight. When you start WM mode you have to be in it for 24hrs. You can't use it a little bit though out the month as you need it. You get Thor level physical stats (speed, strngth, agility, durability). Your angry but your not crazy and out of control.

Super Senses
Hearing, smelling, sight, touch to wolverine levels. You can also control your senses. Say if you didn't want to feel anything, you wont. But if you wanted to crank up your sight you could if you tried hard enough to bring it to binocular level.

Flying
You can only go as fast as you can normally run. you can fly as high as 1000ft. You can only carry an additional 100lbs while your flying.

Intuitive Learning
You just learn things far far easier and faster than most. Go through college in one year. Pick martial arts in few hours and be black belt level. (granted you learn fast but your memory is only as good as it is now).

Mshinu
Sun based Health/healing: too limited and weak, besides you are more likely to get stabbed or attacked somewhere dark.

Warrior Madness: good for becoming a boxing champ, rob banks or be the army`s special little shock trooper, littl else.

Super Senses: useful in all kinds of way.. lie detector, tracking, detect poinsos, know if a girl is attracted to you etc

Flying: nice but the speed and weight limit makes inferior to owning a car or buying a plane ticket

Intuitive Learning: pick up a martial art to black belt level in a few hours? You`d be able to be the world leading expert in any number of fields with this ability and dedicated study.

I`d go with Intuitive Learning, definately.

Colossus-Big C
flying

bbrem123
i would definitely take intuitive learn...it would make you the ultimate human

psycho gundam
WM.

cut a sweet deal with various companies and the government so that i only work one day a month to do heavy duty jobs no machine can do.

crush a strip mall? give me 5 minutes, (hulk like jump to the next local, or helicopter ride w/e) move thousands of tons of rocks? give me 5 minutes, (next spot) fix the fu*king gas leak? give me the cap thing and hitch a ride on the submersible (probably take 10 hours or so) etc

take the rest of the month off and enjoy the millions of dollars (minimum) i've made in one day's work.

Lord Feron
Crap I didn't mean for the black belt thing. I mean you can learn stuff but you can't physically be as good as a black belt that actually worked his way up.

You would know the technique and know what to do which is different from actually applying the information. I didn't mean that you could just spend a couple of days in the gym and be the next MMA all star.

This power is all in your head it won't teach your muscles to do things your not trained to do.

K-Dog
The Warrior Madness things puts the powerset WAY above any of the others. So it is the best choice. The learning thing would be pretty neat--be a cardiac surgeon half of the day and work at Area 51 creating ufo's the other half.

dmills
Warrior madness. Too good to pass up.

BlackZero30x
Intuitive Learning

Mindship
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Crap I didn't mean for the black belt thing. I mean you can learn stuff but you can't physically be as good as a black belt that actually worked his way up.

This power is all in your head it won't teach your muscles to do things your not trained to do. Actually...
IIRC, there was a study done not too long ago which compared muscle strength gains from 3 different groups:
1. Those who did actual push-ups.
2. Those who envisoned themselves doing push-ups.
3. Those who did nothing.

Group 3 showed no strength gains. Group 1 showed the most. Group 2 showed strength gains, just not as much as Group 1.

In any event...Intuitive Learning ftw. Just seems to offer the most gain overall.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mindship
Actually...
IIRC, there was a study done not too long ago which compared muscle strength gains from 3 different groups:
1. Those who did actual push-ups.
2. Those who envisoned themselves doing push-ups.
3. Those who did nothing.

Group 3 showed no strength gains. Group 1 showed the most. Group 2 showed strength gains, just not as much as Group 1.

In any event...Intuitive Learning ftw. Just seems to offer the most gain overall.

well i guess i just think about working out now instead of going to the gym... eek!

the ninjak
Intuitive Learning!

I'll be a Sorceror/Scientist Supreme within 3 years.

Johnny Sorrow
Intuitive Learning.

Badabing
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Sun based Health/healing - You don';t get superman exotic powers. It's just that if you get a small stab but your in the sun you can heal in minutes. And as long as your in the sun you can not get tired. But remember none of your physical attributes is enhanced except stamina and healing. But you can still die from getting your head blown off.

Warrior Madness
You can do this once a month and it last 24hrs straight. When you start WM mode you have to be in it for 24hrs. You can't use it a little bit though out the month as you need it. You get Thor level physical stats (speed, strngth, agility, durability). Your angry but your not crazy and out of control.

Super Senses
Hearing, smelling, sight, touch to wolverine levels. You can also control your senses. Say if you didn't want to feel anything, you wont. But if you wanted to crank up your sight you could if you tried hard enough to bring it to binocular level.

Flying
You can only go as fast as you can normally run. you can fly as high as 1000ft. You can only carry an additional 100lbs while your flying.

Intuitive Learning
You just learn things far far easier and faster than most. Go through college in one year. Pick martial arts in few hours and be black belt level. (granted you learn fast but your memory is only as good as it is now). Mod powers...to move threads to the correct forum. sneer

Oh wait... biscuits

Endless Mike
I pick intuitive learning

marwash22
Originally posted by the ninjak
Intuitive Learning!

I'll be a Sorceror/Scientist Supreme within 3 years. Intuitive learning doesn't change the physics in the world you live in. If magic doesn't exist in your universe, you will do nothing of the sort.

marwash22
Of the listed powers, I'd choose intuitive learning. It's clearly the most advantageous ability to have if you wish to maintain anonymity. Going around shooting fire from your hands will likely attract unwanted attention and questions.

I still contend that the best power ever would be to have access to a large percentage of your brain power. It's intuitive learning plus psychic abilities.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by marwash22
Intuitive learning doesn't change the physics in the world you live in. If magic doesn't exist in your universe, you will do nothing of the sort.

confused

marwash22
You do know that psychic abilities are not the same as magic, don't you? Telekinesis/telepathy are just manifestations of a higher level of brain activity.

casting magic spells/sorcery and moving objects with your mind/telekinesis... the two things do not correlate.

Kento
Intuitive learning easily. Combine with some training for strength and speed, learn any fighting style almost instantly, be able to create anything. It would be the best. Though flying would be great too. Could get places easier than running since it's less tiring, and without having to curve around a lake or anything.

WickedDynamite
Fanboy Powers!

The power to be in denial and whatever a fanboy claims is the truth no matter how logical and improvable it maybe.

marwash22
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Fanboy Powers!

The power to be in denial and whatever a fanboy claims is the truth no matter how logical and improvable it maybe. Um, people already have this ability. it's called an opinion.

WickedDynamite
Eh?! Opinion does not equate fanboyism. You got it wrong there kimosabe.

Badabing
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Fanboy Powers!

The power to be in denial and whatever a fanboy claims is the truth no matter how logical and improvable it maybe. HULK BEATS EVERYONE!!!!!!!111 EVERYONE I say...durhulk

Flying, ESP, GL ring, power cosmic all would be cool.

ares834
Originally posted by marwash22
You do know that psychic abilities are not the same as magic, don't you? Telekinesis/telepathy are just manifestations of a higher level of brain activity.

casting magic spells/sorcery and moving objects with your mind/telekinesis... the two things do not correlate.
So Magic doesn't exist but Psyhcic abilities do.... Right.

marwash22
You're misunderstanding me. Neither exist in this situation, but if i have access to 90% of my brain, wouldn't it be safe to assume i could move shit with my mind (that's what i mean by having a psychic ability, telekinesis). The OP didn't specify what kind of universe we would live in, so assumed this is to take place in the real world, not marvel or dc where magic/superpowers already exist.

With that in mind, magic is otherworldly, not scientific... the person i responded to originally, said that intuitive learning would grant him the ability to become a sorcerer... this is incorrect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.