Dr. Strange vs the Fourth Celestial Host..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
What if Dr. Strange, with the same prep he used to stand against Warlock and the full IG, took on the fourth host of Celestials?

Galan007
Strange gets annihilated.

Temporarily resisting each infinity gem separately =/= resisting the IG in it's totality.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Strange gets annihilated.

Temporarily resisting each infinity gem separately =/= resisting the IG in it's totality.

When has the Power Gem, seperate from the gauntlet, been used as an offensive weapon? In the exact same way Thanos used it against the abstacts?

Thanos used the gems separately too. When Thanos blasted the Celestials, he was channeling the Power Gem. When he reversed Chronos trick, he was using the Time Gem.

Seperate does NOT = weaker. It only means, for this feats, X gem is being channeled. It's how the complete gauntlet works.. Each gem gives a seperate ability.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
When has the Power Gem, seperate from the gauntlet, been used as an offensive weapon? In the exact same way Thanos used it against the abstacts?

Thanos used the gems separately too. When Thanos blasted the Celestials, he was channeling the Power Gem. When he reversed Chronos trick, he was using the Time Gem.

Seperate does NOT = weaker. It only means, for this feats, X gem is being channeled. It's how the complete gauntlet works.. Each gem gives a seperate ability. You're missing the key point...

If I only use the time gem against you, you will only experience time-related effects. Other side of the coin, if I use the time gem + the space gem + the mind gem + the reality gem + the power gem + the soul gem against you...... Well you get the picture.

That's the difference -- And it's a HUGE one.

guy222
4th Celestial Host

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
You're missing the key point...

If I only use the time gem against you, you will only experience time-related effects. Other side of the coin, if I use the time gem + the space gem + the mind gem + the reality gem + the power gem + the soul gem against you...... Well you get the picture.

I understand your point.

The thing is, Thanos didn't seem to fight that way. He was mostly blasting them with the power gem, and if he wasn't he channeled one of the other gems, or channeling them for counter measures. He didn't appear to go with an all out blitz of every power at his disposal. (Maybe that's how he got Eternity.)

Maybe Strange couldn't resist a full, multi faceted attack from the gauntlet, but he still managed to repel the Power Gem for a bit. Match it's power. What if he turns that same power on the host?

Mindset
Well, the power gem boosts the power of all other gems.

Even if we are to say Thanos was only using one power at a time, it would be more powerful than using one gem at a time.

Galan007
Maybe Strange couldn't resist a full, multi faceted attack from the gauntlet, but he still managed to repel the Power Gem for a bit. Match it's power. What if he turns that same power on the host? Strange stated that the magics of his combined talismans colliding with the energies from Warlock's power gem could have "laid waste to many a world." I doubt planetary destruction would be enough to harm the Celestials.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Well, the power gem boosts the power of all other gems.

Even if we are to say Thanos was only using one power at a time, it would be more powerful than using one gem at a time.

Well, the gems were still together on the gauntlet. Pretty sure Power Gem ampage is automatic when they're gathered, and not something Adam has to switch on.

When it claimed he was specifically tapping it, I think that referred to the offensive power beam.

Since the only time you ever see that beam is when all the gems are together, it's reasonable to assume the Power Gem itself must also receive some kind of upgrade from being near the other gems..

Digi
The IG "stalemate" is blown out of proportion, imo. He defended against each one separately for a little while. Surviving something doesn't imply equal power. Quasar has "stalemated" Galactus as well in that sense. It's pretty clear from a contextual standpoint that Strange was outmatched. It's a sick feat for him regardless, maybe one of his best, but let's not overstate it.

Celestials ftstomp.

quanchi112
Celestials stomp.

psycho gundam
What if Dr. Strange, with the same prep he used to stand against Warlock and the full IG, took on the fourth host of Celestials? warlock pwned strange + a good deal of his book collection just with the power gem alone. it was embarrassing

Mr Master
thumb up

When has the Power Gem, seperate from the gauntlet, been used as an offensive weapon?
When Thor had it.

btw. Thor one shotted Strange/Surfer and Drax simultanoeusly.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up

When Thor had it.

btw. Thor one shotted Strange/Surfer and Drax simultanoeusly.

Blood and Thunder?

By "stand alone weapon", I mean using the gem itself as the weapon, e.g. firing off it's beam of destructive energy like the one Thanos fired off to kill Celestials, or the one Adam Warlock attacked Strange with. You know, like you'd use the Soul Gem for a Karmic blast.. That beam isn't anything I've seen seperate of the gauntlet.

As I recall, Thor used the Power Gem indirectly as a means of amping his strength, warrior madness, and making the Valkyrie real. (I guess the Valkyrie can be considered an attack by the gem, since it's a product of the gem, but that's also not really what I was trying to get at.)

Warlord
what a mismatch ....

cdtm
Originally posted by Warlord
what a mismatch ....

He's the Sorcerer Supreme. Don't forget he can also tap abstract beings. Even up to Eternity.

Warlord
sure, but a whole celestial host?
come on now...

Black bolt z
Give strange a mega amp from agamotto and lots of prep and he might beat one celestial.

amnesia
sorry sorcerer supreme, you can't take this one. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.