Name some good Voyager episodes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
I cant watch the whole show but i had seen some pretty decent stuff cmpared to waht i expected.

jaden101
I liked the double episode "Scorpion"...It started with one of the best scenes i've seen in ST...when the 2 Borg cubes approach the screen and the old lines of "we are the Borg...Your existence as you know it is over...We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own...Resistance is futile" before they are obliterated by an extremely powerful weapon.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/80/Resistance_is_futile.ogg

Arsenal
The aforementioned Scorpion 2 parter as well as Future's End, The Killing Game, Night, Bride of Chaotica, Juggernaut, Equinox, Barge of the Dead, Fair Haven, Blink of an Eye, and Spirit Folk. I haven't watched season 7 yet.

BruceSkywalker
My all time fave ep of Voyager is Death Wish, where one Q wanted to end his existence

Shey Tapani
Thanks, i am watching Equinox right now.

steverules_2
I liked scorpion and plus they were able to bring in a new character and instead of just saving her and leaving it at that they actually expanded on the character which I liked

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Thanks, i am watching Equinox right now.

equinox is a good ep too

Robtard
The one were 7 of 9 and B'Elanna get it on in a no-holes-barred sex fest.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
My all time fave ep of Voyager is Death Wish, where one Q wanted to end his existence

i haven't seen all of them but
that was the one with the 2 Q's right? i like that one too but Captian Helium Janeyway should of just let things be and they could of got home!!!
I also liked the ones with the borg and the one where they were stuck in orbit and the planet had the ship in their history.

Robtard
Originally posted by darthmaul1
one where they were stuck in orbit and the planet had the ship in their history.

That was a good one, where the planet was on an extremely fast time-line compared to them and they witnessed the population go from primitive tech to advanced in a matter of days (or weeks?).

Ushgarak
Scorpion was godawful- simple power inflation (something that afflicted Star Trek in general and Voyager specifically) and the continuation of the general ruining of the Borg. They even say outright that the Borg cannot investigate or analyse, only assimilate- this is in flat contradiction of the truly classic Best of Both Worlds (not just implied, but in fact direct contradiction of Shelby's line about the Borg being able to analyse- this being one of their strengths).

It was just lazy "oh, let's make a species stronger than the Borg" writing. The species was not interesting and we had no reason to believe they could beat the Borg other than that the writers mandated that they magically could. Poor.

In fact, Voyager is really stuck for good episodes. They cocked up the Borg, they cocked up Q (Death Wish was good- the ones after were a disaster), they cocked up the finale (again...) and many of the good ideas for a 'ship in space' set up had pretty much already been done by TNG, so whenever they did a time loop episode or "person wakes up to find themselves alone on the ship" kind of deal, it just seemed old.

The funniest one is Message in a Bottle; a good episode in general. But any series which has one of its major stars decrying how bad it is, giving interviews called "Voyager is pants" and remarking "I am so bored, kill me now" has its problems. And it was well reported about how they had to re-cast Janeway after the original actress quit on quality control reasons.

They honestly didn't have the writing team to pull off many good stories.

Robtard
Pretty sure they gave a solid reason why the Borg couldn't assimilate Species 8472, their DNA being so different/advanced than anything found in this dimension.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Scorpion was godawful- simple power inflation (something that afflicted Star Trek in general and Voyager specifically) and the continuation of the general ruining of the Borg. They even say outright that the Borg cannot investigate or analyse, only assimilate- this is in flat contradiction of the truly classic Best of Both Worlds (not just implied, but in fact direct contradiction of Shelby's line about the Borg being able to analyse- this being one of their strengths).

It was just lazy "oh, let's make a species stronger than the Borg" writing. The species was not interesting and we had no reason to believe they could beat the Borg other than that the writers mandated that they magically could. Poor.

In fact, Voyager is really stuck for good episodes. They cocked up the Borg, they cocked up Q (Death Wish was good- the ones after were a disaster), they cocked up the finale (again...) and many of the good ideas for a 'ship in space' set up had pretty much already been done by TNG, so whenever they did a time loop episode or "person wakes up to find themselves alone on the ship" kind of deal, it just seemed old.

The funniest one is Message in a Bottle; a good episode in general. But any series which has one of its major stars decrying how bad it is, giving interviews called "Voyager is pants" and remarking "I am so bored, kill me now" has its problems. And it was well reported about how they had to re-cast Janeway after the original actress quit on quality control reasons.

They honestly didn't have the writing team to pull off many good stories.

I think your criticism is 100% correct, however, if you use this line of thinking, then most syfy and comic books are thrown into the same dumpster. Sometimes it is best to check your brain at the door. big grin

Doctor-Alvis
The original actress was a pretty bad Janeway anyway.

mayberry
Hope and Fear

Shey Tapani
Thanks again for all the contributions.

alex30
i is really the good show i seen this

Shey Tapani
I disagree, i watched all the better episodes and goodbye, i dont want to see this again.

DARTH POWER
Future's End and Message in a Bottle. They are 2 of the very few episodes I really enjoyed of Voyager.

Overall as a series I didnt really get the point of Voyager.

Jacob Janeway
Caretaker (the first episode, a two parter) was very good in my opinion. Once I saw Caretaker I immediately wanted to see the whole series!

Shey Tapani
Thanks, i think i am finished with Voyager.

Nephthys
The Thaw.

-Pr-
Dark Frontier (S5 E15-16) ain't bad.

GRIMNIR
the best episodes are the ones where either seven of nine, tuvok or the doctor are the main character

the worst are the janeway ones roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eel O'Brien
I really liked Timeless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.