Most Powerful 'Good' Character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
By 'good' I mean a character that tries to help out the innocent or good people when the said character is not in real danger him/her self.

The most powerful that I can think of is Jean Grey. Are there more powerful ones?

Q99
Annihilus, or at least the greatest one. As Judge Death teaches us, the ultimate crime is life, for only the living commit crimes, and Annihilus wanted to eliminate all life but him in *two* universes, more than even Thanos has aimed for in the past. So for being a selfless martyr for the cause, Annihilus.

Bentley
Mmmmh... Annihilus is truly a selfless creature.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Q99
Annihilus, or at least the greatest one. As Judge Death teaches us, the ultimate crime is life, for only the living commit crimes, and Annihilus wanted to eliminate all life but him in *two* universes, more than even Thanos has aimed for in the past. So for being a selfless martyr for the cause, Annihilus. Originally posted by Bentley
Mmmmh... Annihilus is truly a selfless creature.

Yea, but Annihilus didn't stand up for the little/innocent guy. He just did what he believed in and thought was right...which included bringing death upon universes no expression
I don't think he qualifies here

willRules
Originally posted by Q99
Annihilus, or at least the greatest one. As Judge Death teaches us, the ultimate crime is life, for only the living commit crimes, and Annihilus wanted to eliminate all life but him in *two* universes, more than even Thanos has aimed for in the past. So for being a selfless martyr for the cause, Annihilus.

So he wants to fulfil his own personal goal at the ultimate cost of the wellbeing of others, causing extreme detriment to all but himself and you consider that selfless?

You clearly don't understand the definition of the word selfless. What Annihilus does is incredibly selfish on at least two levels, and that's just going on what you said, not to mention all the crimes over the years.

Bentley
What about Tangent Superman?

dmills
Captain Universe. Look at what the unipower stands for. It even empowered a little baby to fight evil demons! And with the nearly unlimited power set, I'd say he/it takes it by a country mile.

TheTyrant
Jean Grey.

Omega Vision
Superman Prime One Million.

TheTyrant
White Phoenix > SMPOM

Q99
Originally posted by willRules
So he wants to fulfil his own personal goal at the ultimate cost of the wellbeing of others, causing extreme detriment to all but himself and you consider that selfless?

You clearly don't understand the definition of the word selfless. What Annihilus does is incredibly selfish on at least two levels, and that's just going on what you said, not to mention all the crimes over the years.

No, no. I'm implying that death is good, so therefore his staying alive to make sure nothing else lives is him taking bad upon himself for the sake of others.

Subverting the normal take on things via applying a skewed moral, see.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
White Phoenix > SMPOM
Going by feats, yes.
Going by implied power SMP1Mil> White Pheonix

galactusischere
What about Michael D?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
What about Michael D?
Not sure, he has no real free will so its hard to call him 'good'. I suppose going that route you'd say the Presence/TOAA.

JakeTheBank
Batman.

Digi
Uni-Power doesn't really have a power set, it just amps others. And beyond that, there's a few heroes whose feats trump Uni's anyway.

Classic Strange comes to mind. Most others are probably "neutral" that I can think of, like Solar or King Thor.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Digi
Classic Strange comes to mind.

SuperMan103
superman prime one million. divine spawn. jean grey.

Stall_19
I've read enough of the Marvel what if? comics to know the answer is probably classic Strange.

Entity
Classic Ion Kyle Rayner! My boy! wink

willRules
Originally posted by Q99
No, no. I'm implying that death is good, so therefore his staying alive to make sure nothing else lives is him taking bad upon himself for the sake of others.

Subverting the normal take on things via applying a skewed moral, see.

Well of course not only is that assuming his view is right and therefore selfless but also that the enforcement of his view is somehow selfless as well. I understand what you are saying, that he sees it as a favour, bringing the sweet release of death which he will not know himself, however his enforcement of his own principles to the ultimate degree without consideration of others is in itself, selfish.

I understand where you're coming from, but I'd disagree on defining it as selfless yes

Entity
Classic Ion Kyle Rayner! My boy! wink

Blanket
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Going by feats, yes.
Going by implied power SMP1Mil> White Pheonix Not even then.

---

Thanos with the HOTU revived the universe.

Endless Mike
The One Above All

Or Squirrel Girl

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
Not even then.

---

Thanos with the HOTU revived the universe.
Because he was TOAA's pawn, hardly a selfless act.

Blanket
Because he was TOAA's pawn, hardly a selfless act. Everyone is, that's what flies over your head everytime you argue about it.

BTW, Thanos figured it all out.

batdude123
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Batman.

thumb up

Omega Vision
Everyone is, that's what flies over your head everytime you argue about it.

BTW, Thanos figured it all out.
He gave into manipulation. That's like saying that all the rich people that Robin Hood stole money from to give to the poor were great philanthropists.

Blanket
He gave into manipulation. That's like saying that all the rich people that Robin Hood stole money from to give to the poor were great philanthropists. And LT isn't actually powerful, it's all God's will.

Logan isn't immortal, it's all God's will.

Rhino isn't a jobber, it's all God's will.

Eternity a cosmic? No, God is a cosmic because he gave him the power.

This is the type of logic you guys employ everytime you argue against the HOTU. It's ridiculous.

EVERYTHING in Marvel is orchestrated by God, or by God's power. Arguing about Thanos gaining the HOTU is like arguing that Punisher only beat Rhino because God allowed it.

Bouboumaster
And LT isn't actually powerful, it's all God's will.

This is the type of logic you guys employ everytime you argue against the HOTU. It's ridiculous.

EVERYTHING in Marvel is orchestrated by God, or by God's power. Arguing about Thanos gaining the HOTU is like arguing that Punisher only beat Rhino because God allowed it.

I second that

Mr Master
And LT isn't actually powerful, it's all God's will.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.