Darkseid vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
This is Pre-Crisis Darkseid vs. Full power odin

Also what is the crisis that makes people pre/post crisis?Infinite crisis?Final crisis?Identity crisis?

TheTyrant
Anti-Monitor was the crisis. Seid wasn't affected by the CoIE retcon.
Odin wins.

Johnny Sorrow
Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Black bolt z
COIE?I haven't seen one thing in it that would somehow affect the power change.Other people say he was affected by the retcon even though all he did was push a button.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Black bolt z
COIE?I haven't seen one thing in it that would somehow affect the power change.Other people say he was affected by the retcon even though all he did was push a button.

It depends on what you believe Darkseid's origin to be in the first place.

Black bolt z
I still don't get how that power change would have happened.

TheTyrant
Because PC was shit. They wanted DC to become serious so they retconed it and no longer it is shit. I mean damn. Have you seen the PC feats and how dumb they were?

lightyeargee
Would be a stalemate. They couldnt do miuch to each other.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Because PC was shit. They wanted DC to become serious so they retconed it and no longer it is shit. I mean damn. Have you seen the PC feats and how dumb they were?

The PC era never gave us Cry for Justice and Rise of Arsenal.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I still don't get how that power change would have happened.

Again, depends on if you believe Darkseid and the entire Fourth World is on another plane of existence or not.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
The PC era never gave us Cry for Justice and Rise of Arsenal.

QFT

thumb up

quanchi112
Odin wins.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin wins.
PC Darksied is equal to Odin. FC Darksied is greater. ALL other Darksieds are weaker than Odin. Around Thanos level. PC Darksied created Validus who was more powerful than a PC Kryptionian or Daxamite. He was more powerful than PC Mordru who would probably give Odin fits.

TheTyrant
SF Darkseid > FC Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by lightyeargee
PC Darksied is equal to Odin. FC Darksied is greater. ALL other Darksieds are weaker than Odin. Around Thanos level. PC Darksied created Validus who was more powerful than a PC Kryptionian or Daxamite. He was more powerful than PC Mordru who would probably give Odin fits. I think Odin beats any Seid outside a soulfire Ds and even then it's close.

lightyeargee
I think Odin beats any Seid outside a soulfire Ds and even then it's close. When one New God's soul combines with another it amps the power like 100 or something like that right? He combined the souls of Hundreds of Thousands of New Gods and was able to beat the combined might of the Antilife Entity and Source and you think Odin would be close to that kind of power? Ok I get it now. I won't debate with you any further.

galactusischere
Odin wins.

Colossus-Big C
classic Darkseid stomps . It took the combined power of odin zeus ares and highfather to replicate one of his feats

namorsubby
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
classic Darkseid stomps . It took the combined power of odin zeus ares and highfather to replicate one of his feats

Nihilist
Odin beats PC Darkseid,regular and prolly FC Darkseid

lightyeargee
Mordru is a match for Odin and DS beat Mordru easily enough. I don't see Oein beating PC,FC, or SF Darkseid.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Nihilist
Odin beats PC Darkseid,regular and prolly FC Darkseid

PC Darkseid was overall more powerful than FC Darkseid.

Mshinu
Odin brings back Darkseid`s head on the tip of his spear.

Priest
Odin ftw.

YFZ 350
Darkseid.

Endless Mike
This again?

BattleMage
Odin ftw. I don't see a major difference in Odin fighting Thanos!!

RomulusX
When one New God's soul combines with another it amps the power like 100 or something like that right? He combined the souls of Hundreds of Thousands of New Gods and was able to beat the combined might of the Antilife Entity and Source and you think Odin would be close to that kind of power? Ok I get it now. I won't debate with you any further.

I'm in full agreement. Thanos/Odin/Marvel universe masturbators tend to over-generalize statements and disregard legitimate facts.

Blanket
PC Darkseid was overall more powerful than FC Darkseid. Interesting.

RomulusX
The feats of PC Darkseid were rediculous, but they still happened. One shouldn't disregard such feats just because they don't like certain eras of comics.

Nihilist
Originally posted by RomulusX
The feats of PC Darkseid were rediculous, but they still happened. One shouldn't disregard such feats just because they don't like certain eras of comics. The crisis didnt effect Darkseid, its just a excuse so his low showing cant be factored in.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Blanket
Interesting.

I have my reasons. cool

-Pr-
The crisis didnt effect Darkseid, its just a excuse so his low showing cant be factored in.

what low showings? the stairs thing?

Nihilist
Originally posted by -Pr-
what low showings? the stairs thing? No not the bullshit stairs thing, everybody has low(er) showings.

Blanket
I have my reasons. cool Explain.

Omega Vision
PC Darkseid wins.
The crisis didnt effect Darkseid, its just a excuse so his low showing cant be factored in.
Your point? If it states Pre-Crisis then it means Darkseid as he appeared prior to and during COIE.

While nothing happened that I'm aware of to Count Nefaria to change his power there's a clear and unequivocal difference between his original showings and what he's done recently, effectively making Current and 'Classic' different characters. Same applies here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
While nothing happened that I'm aware of to Count Nefaria to change his power...

Bendis.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bendis.
The dreaded Bendis-ray. Must have taken Nefaria's powers to give them to Voidtry to temporarily amp him to crush MM. dur

quanchi112
When one New God's soul combines with another it amps the power like 100 or something like that right? He combined the souls of Hundreds of Thousands of New Gods and was able to beat the combined might of the Antilife Entity and Source and you think Odin would be close to that kind of power? Ok I get it now. I won't debate with you any further. Yes, Odin's best showings kinda prove he has the power to take on this amped Seid.

marwash22
Originally posted by RomulusX
The feats of PC Darkseid were rediculous, but they still happened. One shouldn't disregard such feats just because they don't like certain eras of comics. the feats of everyone, PC, were ridiculous... hence, the crisis.

D_Dude1210
Odin.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Blanket
Explain.

FC Darkseid warped space-time during his "fall" and threatened the entire foundation of the Multiverse, as well as controlling half of Earth's population with the ALE.

However, he was also physically weaker than his PC version because his soul was inhabiting Turpin's body (and Superman confirmed that the body was still Turpin's by reading its DNA). Also during FC, he didn't display any of the other powers than his PC version (or post-Crisis version) used: teleportation, telepathy, super strength and heightened reflexes, etc.

EDIT: One thing that always confused me was the use the ALE during Final Crisis. I'm pretty sure that the actual distribution occurred after the Death of the New Gods when the ALE merged with the Source, even though DS traveled back in time prior to it. Shouldn't it had been rendered ineffective like when Mister Miracle attempted to use it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by marwash22
the feats of everyone, PC, were ridiculous... hence, the crisis. Such as?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why on God's green earth do people think PC DS was weaker than FC DS? I take PC DS over the one we saw in FC everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. People like lightyear... actually believe DS caused all that happened to the multiverse under his own power. This couldn't be further from the truth. I caused no multiversal anything under his own power... he simply went with what was already happening (outside his control) and through sheer will power refused to go down without a fight. However, to think he caused mutiversal destruction via his own power is hilarious

lightyeargee
Such as? PC Superman sneezed away a galaxy. Wonder Woman Jumped from the earth to the moon and could juggle planets. PC superboy and Supergirl raced acrosss billions of universes in seconds.

quanchi112
PC Superman sneezed away a galaxy. Wonder Woman Jumped from the earth to the moon and could juggle planets. PC superboy and Supergirl raced acrosss billions of universes in seconds. Is this it? Odin has destroyed galaxies like they were nothing as well, affected the multiverse, stopped time, etc.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why on God's green earth do people think PC DS was weaker than FC DS? I take PC DS over the one we saw in FC everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. People like lightyear... actually believe DS caused all that happened to the multiverse under his own power. This couldn't be further from the truth. I caused no multiversal anything under his own power... he simply went with what was already happening (outside his control) and through sheer will power refused to go down without a fight. However, to think he caused mutiversal destruction via his own power is hilarious

Under his own power? Yes.

As a result of the nature of the Multiverse? Also yes.

lightyeargee
Is this it? Odin has destroyed galaxies like they were nothing as well, affected the multiverse, stopped time, etc. You are really hard to debate with because you do not use logic. I'm talking about Superheroes doing the ridiculous and you are talking about a skyfather doing what he's supposed to do. Where did you get a correlation between Odin and Superheroes?Im fascinated at what you come up with. Please, do tell.

KuRuPT Thanosi

amnesia
Classic DS was like omnipotent. Hurr hurr..

Johnny Sorrow

quanchi112
You are really hard to debate with because you do not use logic. I'm talking about Superheroes doing the ridiculous and you are talking about a skyfather doing what he's supposed to do. Where did you get a correlation between Odin and Superheroes?Im fascinated at what you come up with. Please, do tell. My point is the feats weren't anywhere near ridiculous at all compared to Odin. Heck, these feats were more impressive than Seid's feat on their own. The point is this superheroes going fast or being really powerful isn't anything new or original in that era. What dc needed was consistency and th epc era had everyone all over the board with no clear idea of what these characters ca do from one story to the next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.