Masters of the universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smokin' Found this on dvd the other day,one of my old childhood favourites,watched it again and still loved it,please discuss

Face
The movie was alright Skeletor and Heman and the power of grey skull

ChocolateCake
I bought this on dvd recently as it was a favourite of mine while I was growing up. I know a lot of people have will say that it is a terrible film but I think it is very enjoyable.

Dave_97
its been a while since ive seen it (couple years) But from what i remember, i enjoyed it somewhat

Myth
I remember enjoying it when I was younger, but probably haven't seen it in 10-15 years. If I remember correctly, it is one of those fun, but overly campy films. I also remember the keyboard thing, which sort of reminds me of the brain washing tune on Strange Brew.

Hatchet
I enjoyed this film when I was younger and I still do.

BlackZero30x
i remember this and i thought it was ok at best.....but to me it lacked in the Grayskull/Magic department......

He-man was not adam through out the movie i don't recall any of the other masters(besides Tee-La and Man at Arms)and noe that i think about it Cringer/Battle Cat wasn't on it either nor was orko.....

and when He-Man did his Iconic "I HAVE THE POWER" he made no transformation........

so if there is a new one in the works(like i think i have heard about) Id like most of these problems fixed...

BruceSkywalker
i hated the live action film.. a kickboxer as He-Man, an unknown courtney cox, a miscast frank langella

Hatchet
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hated the live action film.. a kickboxer as He-Man, an unknown courtney cox, a miscast frank langella

Frank Langella was great as Skeletor.

ares834
Originally posted by Hatchet
Agreed.

Now I Skeletor am the master of the universe...

Classic line and just a great scene.

MoviesBlaster
yeah its good movie no doubt...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Hatchet

he was the only good thing about it

dadudemon
I saw this movie as a very small child. I don't remember hardly any of it.

no expression

I should see it again just for it's 80s-ness.

Zoom
I have always though that this is one of those films that is so bad it is good.

roughrider
Never saw it. Didn't have confidence the Golan-Globus people would deliver anything good; since there was no franchise of films that followed, that seemed to be the case.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by roughrider
Never saw it. Didn't have confidence the Golan-Globus people would deliver anything good; since there was no franchise of films that followed, that seemed to be the case.

beer It wasn't the case,This movie is way too underated

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw this movie as a very small child. I don't remember hardly any of it.

no expression

I should see it again just for it's 80s-ness.

try to catch it on a cable channel so u can turn it off if u don't like it

Alpha-7
I have to admit that I have always been a bit of a fan of this movie.

NeoGills
I bought a dvd of this movie but unfortunately i lost it sad

mardook
I hope they take the cheesy material and elevate it. Its kind of a smash up of sci-fi, supernatural, and horror elements. They should consider all those elements and make them darker, grittier and grounded. The whole transformation of Adam was always cheesy: He-Man kind of looks like Prince Adam. I think this could work on a TV budget now and cast unknowns. There is some artwork online of a fan who did dark and gritty looking versions of Prince Adam/He-Man, Skeletor, Evilyn, and the rest.

Thoren
Brings back childhood memories.

Robtard
Originally posted by mardook
There is some artwork online of a fan who did dark and gritty looking versions of Prince Adam/He-Man, Skeletor, Evilyn, and the rest.

link?

mardook
Originally posted by Robtard
link?

http://jimsmashextended.blogspot.com/2007/06/djurdjevic-heman-redesigns.html

art concepts are by marko djurdjevic

sshukla05111
agree with u great movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.