GFFA + allies attempts to liberate Coruscant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Note: This is a pretty complicated thread and a large scale battle one. If you don't like it, then perhaps you could just not post in it.

The GFFA and her allies have come close to driving back the Imperial invasion force, and now seek to recapture and liberate Coruscant. Doing so be a decisive victory tactically, strategically, politically and symbolically.

The GFFA, Imperial Remnant, Hapans, NJO and Witches of Dathomir appear out of hyperspace to find themselves meeting a prepared Galactic Empire force.

The GFFA coalition force is led by Ackbar, who is somehow alive again in this scenario.

The Galactic Empire force is led by Tarkin, who again is somehow alive again in this scenario.

Coruscant has the same defenses that it normally has.

The two sides have 48 hours to prepare.

GFFA coalition:

100 Pellaeon-class star destroyers and support ships (star destroyers are carrying ground troops)
50 Hapan dragonqueens
2 super star destroyers
The entire New Jedi Order in Stealth Xs
Rogue Squadron

100 million GAG troops
40 million stormtroopers
10 million Hapan commandos
1000 Witches of Dathomir
2 million recommissioned AT-TEs
2 million recommissioned LAATs
100 Imperial Knights
50 million insurgents

Galactic Empire:

1 space station
The Eclipse
The Death Star 1 without the superlaser
80 star destroyers and support ships

Darth Vader
100 royal guards
50 shadow guards
1 million shadow commandos
120 million stormtroopers
10 million purge troopers
1 million AT-ATs
20 ion cannons
1000 ground based turbolasers
2 million AT-AAs

Gideon
I didn't even read the damn thing and I'd stake RN's entire future salary on two things:

- Palpatine's not here.
- The new Jedi Order (or just Luke and his Masters) will be in play.

Am I right? In that case, LUKE WALKZ IN AND PWNS EVERYONE IN 5 SECONDS!

Nephthys
Whats the Death Star going to do without its laser? Ram them?

edit: Lulz-

'The new Jedi Order (or just Luke and his Masters) will be in play.'

'The entire New Jedi Order in Stealth Xs'

Gideon
N, I need to know if I'm right....

Nephthys
Yep.

No mention of Palpatine.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Whats the Death Star going to do without its laser? Ram them?

edit: Lulz-

'The new Jedi Order (or just Luke and his Masters) will be in play.'

Even without its superlaser, the Death Star has a ridiculously large amount of turbolasers and such. Oh, and actually, the ramming idea might not be such a bad idea.

Gideon
That is very sad. Though I can't give myself full points because I wasn't completely sure about the Jedi.

no expression

Hewhoknowsall
Does the ignore function also count with PMs?

ares834
I don't like this thread.

Gideon
Why? Because Luke can take on the Empire (I presume this is the Empire, or is that why Palpatine wasn't mentioned? Boy would I feel like an ass) on his own?

Hewhoknowsall
@Gideon:

GTFO. I said that Luke + the Council could assassinate Sidious, not take on the entire Empire. There's a VERY big difference. The person that assassinated Lincoln took out the president but not the entire army. If I really am as wrong as you think I am and if you really are the uber debater that you think you are, then you shouldn't have to LIE to make a point.

Nephthys
GFFA wins due to their retardedly huge numerical advantage, including twice as many, superior ships, the entire NJO in ships which the Empire have no way of detecting or fighting, (while the Empire just has Vader and some Shadow guards) and almost twice as many groundtroops.

This is Spite.

Plus the GFFA actually has a competant tactition.

Gideon
I think HWKN's Empire/faction threads need to be ignored. We're just feeding his need for attention.

Let this be the final post.

Hewhoknowsall
GFFA coalition:

100 Pellaeon-class star destroyers and support ships (star destroyers are carrying ground troops)
50 Hapan dragonqueens
2 super star destroyers
The entire New Jedi Order in Stealth Xs
Rogue Squadron

100 million GAG troops
40 million stormtroopers
10 million Hapan commandos
1000 Witches of Dathomir
2 million recommissioned AT-TEs
2 million recommissioned LAATs
100 Imperial Knights
50 million insurgents

Galactic Empire:

1 space station
The Eclipse
The Death Star 1 without the superlaser
80 star destroyers and support ships

Darth Vader
100 royal guards
50 shadow guards
1 million shadow commandos
120 million stormtroopers
10 million purge troopers
1 million AT-ATs
20 ion cannons
1000 ground based turbolasers
2 million AT-AAs

My opinion:

The GFFA will have the advantage in the space battle in most aspects. Although the Death Star even without its superlaser could inflict heavy damage on GFFA forces, the Jedi Stealth Xs combined with Rogue Squadron could bring the Death Star down just like how it was brought down in ANH. The Galactic Empire does have access to 20 ion cannons in this fight, but sabotage though spies and/or infiltration teams could take the ion cannons out, and the GFFA fleet would likely be able to engage at distances beyond that of the ion cannon range. The ground based turbolasers may do damage but the GFFA would have enough advantages to get past that. The GFFA will likely sustain moderate casualties but will manage to get through the space defenses.

At this point, the planetary shield will prevent orbital bombardment, so the GFFA would have to proceed with a ground assault. The GFFA does indeed outnumber the Imperial forces in this battle, but the Imperials have the advantage of defensive positions. If they can locate and capture/eliminate Tarkin, that could cripple the Empire's command structure, but to do so may be difficult as Tarkin would likely hide in a fortified bunker. To my knowledge Luke Skywalker does indeed know Battle Meditation, so that could be helpful for the GFFA. With the advantage in space, the GFFA could deploy their troops with greater mobility than the Imperials can, singling out and taking key cities and such before the Imperials, who will have to defend multiple positions, can react. Ackbar is also a superior tactician/strategist compared to Tarkin.

GFFA probably wins, but it's likely to be close.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gideon
I think HWKN's Empire/faction threads need to be ignored. We're just feeding his need for attention.

Letum Lettow
Luke gathers the collective wank from accross the multivesre and promptly drowns the defenders it endless gallons of fanboyspew.

Flawless victory.

Now if only I could remember how to show the fullsize pic without the annoying clikc to see thingy.

Hewhoknowsall
@Letum Lettow

Wow, another bandwagoner.

But guys, this is a serious thread. It's a different type of thread, not a small scale one but a large scale one.

Red Nemesis
]img/img[

Invert the brackets.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
@Letum Lettow

Wow, another bandwagoner.

But guys, this is a serious thread. It's a different type of thread, not a small scale one but a large scale one.

What?

dude, seriously, WTF are you talking about?

You screwed up when you let Luke aka a damn Demi-god into the fight.

And without him, it's a stomp for the deathstar, unless they do the same thing in canon and hten its a stomp the other way around.

You kind of screwed up. It's okay though.

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
]imgwww.you'rimagehur.website.image.nao]/img Oh and thanks.

truejedi
um.. HWKA: You gave your first faction a RIDICULOUS numerical advantage in both ships an personal. You then gave that same faction the entire Jedi Order, and superior tech. You took away the laser of the death star. The best sith for the Empire is Vader......

This is as spite as they come.

Letum Lettow
The Death Star still has a shit-ton of Turbolasers, quadlaser, and what not.

OTNEMEM
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
The Death Star still has a shit-ton of Turbolasers, quadlaser, and what not.

Hey you! Or should I say "Hey me!"?

Are we going to use your body or my body tonight?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
um.. HWKA: You gave your first faction a RIDICULOUS numerical advantage in both ships an personal. You then gave that same faction the entire Jedi Order, and superior tech. You took away the laser of the death star. The best sith for the Empire is Vader......

This is as spite as they come.

Not a ridiculous numerical advantage when you take into account the fact that in this thread the Imperials have the defensive advantage. Apparently the general rule of warfare is that you should outnumber a defender 3 to 1 to have a good chance of winning.

And the Death Star still has a HUGE amount of turbolasers and other weapons platforms, as well as tie fighters/tie bombers/tie intercepters/tie advanced fighters/etc. It's also pretty much immune from conventional fire. In order to destroy it they'd have to do another trench run with the Jedi and Rogue Squadron.

The Ellimist
@Tempest 1 v 1 me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.