Which herald would you call upon in the following situations?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
List of heralds to choose from:

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Nate Grey
Flash (Wally)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenarios (not necessarily in any order of difficulty):

1) Clean up massive oil spill near coastal areas

2) Put out huge forest fire in California

3) Rescue 100 hostages held by trained armed militia in South America (must minimize casualties)

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout

5) Find the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer

7) Bring a rock sample from Pluto as fast as possible

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away

9) Broker world peace through strictly diplomacy (no powers allowed)

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake

JakeTheBank
1) Clean up massive oil spill near coastal areas - Surfer

2) Put out huge forest fire in California - Thor

3) Rescue 100 hostages held by trained armed militia in South America (must minimize casualties) - Flash

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout - Green Lantern

5) Find the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden - Superman

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer - Superman

7) Bring a rock sample from Pluto as fast as possible - Thor

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away - Green Lantern

9) Broker world peace through strictly diplomacy (no powers allowed) - Thor for the lulz, Superman for real.

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake - Green Lantern

Mshinu
Why the hell is Hulky boy on that list?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mshinu
Why the hell is Hulky boy on that list? wanted 3 marvel 3 DC

JakeTheBank
lmao I honestly didn't even see Hulk's name there. Oh well. I think the others are better suited for the job as is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1) Anyone but Hulk would be capable of cleaning up the mess.
2) Thor
3) The Flash
4) Thor, Silver Surfer or Green Lantern
5) Thor
6) Thor or Superman
7) Thor
8) Thor or Flash
9) Superman
10) Silver Surfer

You didn't put any scenario that the Hulk would excel at.

King Kandy
1. SS

2. SS

3. SS

4. SS

5. SS

6. SS

7. SS

8. SS

9. Superman

10. SS

SS seems like the best choice for pretty much all of them, to me.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

2) Put out huge forest fire in California - Thor

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer - Superman

7) Bring a rock sample from Pluto as fast as possible - Thor

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake - Green Lantern interesting...

please defend these 4 choices

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
2) Thor
3) The Flash
5) Thor
6) Thor or Superman
7) Thor
8) Thor or Flash
9) Superman
10) Silver Surfer

You didn't put any scenario that the Hulk would excel at. lol

now I know who the biggest Thor fanboy is. (actually I knew that before, but this just confirms it)

Gecko4lif
Flash in all

Except 9 then I want SS or supes

Mshinu
Originally posted by Starscream M
wanted 3 marvel 3 DC

Hulk is useless here. Replace him with Nate Grey, Magneto or someone who can do something besides being green.

Spire

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Hulk
Flash (Wally)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Rescue 100 hostages held by trained armed militia in South America (must minimize casualties)

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away

1. GL
2. Superman
3. Lol, not Thor
4. GL
5. Surfer
6. Superman
7. GL
8. Thor
9. Superman
10. Flash

-Pr-

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Hulk
Flash (Wally)

1 - Surfer
2 - Thor
3 - Superman
4 - Thor, Surfer, GL or Superman
5 - Superman
6 - Superman
7 - Thor, Surfer or Superman
8 - GL or Flash
9 - Superman
10 - GL or Superman

Starscream M
Hulk is useless here. Replace him with Nate Grey, Magneto or someone who can do something besides being green. done. thanks for the suggestion.

JakeTheBank
interesting...

please defend these 4 choices

2.) Thor commands weather. No brainer here. The more natural a solution, the better.

6.) Superman is the closest there is to being a super genius here. Granted Surfer could manually heal everyone with these afflictions, but Superman is about the only one who could eventually develop a cure for them. His scientific prowess is often underestimated.

7.) Thor can teleport.

10.) Constructs would help immensely here, imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
1 - Surfer
2 - Thor
3 - Superman
4 - Thor, Surfer, GL or Superman
5 - Superman
6 - Superman
7 - Thor, Surfer or Superman
8 - GL or Flash
9 - Superman
10 - GL or Superman you have to pick one for each....if you think more than one is capable, pick who you think will do it the best or fastest

psycho gundam

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Hulk
Flash (Wally)

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake most are GL.

surfer can cure cancer and get the rock sample with ease, superman can do the political thing, everything else GL can do most efficiently without getting too deep into this.

lol at hulk doing #9

Starscream M
2.) Thor commands weather. No brainer here. The more natural a solution, the better.

6.) Superman is the closest there is to being a super genius here. Granted Surfer could manually heal everyone with these afflictions, but Superman is about the only one who could eventually develop a cure for them. His scientific prowess is often underestimated.

7.) Thor can teleport.

10.) Constructs would help immensely here, imo. good responses

I disagree about 10) though. I think superspeed would be essential in rebuilding a city, which only Superman or Flash possesses. And Superman is stronger and can fly (plus he has amazing mathematical mind and intellect and his xray vision will help). Superman should be the best in rebuilding a city.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol

now I know who the biggest Thor fanboy is. (actually I knew that before, but this just confirms it)

erm

Don't start anything with me boy. I'm tired of pointing out your stupidity constantly.

You have a problem with some of my choices? Why? I'm familiar with Thor and his capabilities the most, so I'd probably pick him over most others just as a precaution. And I can back up my opinions if you like.

Honestly, hop off my dick. I'm tired of schooling you. Kandy just posted Norrin for almost every single scenario. What a FANBOY!

Moron? Moron.

-Pr-
you have to pick one for each....if you think more than one is capable, pick who you think will do it the best or fastest

you should have stated that in the OP.

Starscream M
erm

Don't start anything with me boy. I'm tired of pointing out your stupidity constantly.

You have a problem with some of my choices? Why? I'm the most familiar with Thor and his capabilities and I can back up my opinions.

Honestly, hop off my dick. I'm tired of schooling you. Kandy just posted Norrin for almost every single scenario. What a FANBOY!

Moron? Moron. see difference is, there can be an argument made for Surfer being the ideal for those instances whereas none can be made for thor for some of your picks

King Kandy
good responses

I disagree about 10) though. I think superspeed would be essential in rebuilding a city, which only Superman or Flash possesses. And Superman is stronger and can fly (plus he has amazing mathematical mind and intellect and his xray vision will help). Superman should be the best in rebuilding a city.
I think surfer can do 10 the best, easily. I know that he has raised a city in seconds before (don't have a scan, but he's done something similar at least).

Starscream M
you should have stated that in the OP. My title says which 'Herald'....not 'heralds' cool

-Pr-
My title says which 'Herald'....not 'heralds' cool

i named a herald. i just named some others too.

not specific enough.

Mshinu
1) Clean up massive oil spill near coastal areas: Surfer

2) Put out huge forest fire in California: Thor

3) Rescue 100 hostages held by trained armed militia in South America (must minimize casualties): Flash

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout: Hal

5) Find the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden: Nate

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer: Nate

7) Bring a rock sample from Pluto as fast as possible: Surfer

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away: Thor

9) Broker world peace through strictly diplomacy (no powers allowed): Supes

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake: Nate

Spire
For 10 I guess you would need new materials and such so GL or Surfer.

I just assumed new materials were sitting there ready for this scenario.

Flash just had a nice build feat so yeah I gave it to him.

Yep....

Rage.Of.Olympus
see difference is, there can be an argument made for Surfer being the ideal for those instances whereas none can be made for thor for some of your picks

What scenario do you have a problem with pray tell?

What is it with you and Thor? Do you have some crush on him or something? Are you jealous of his beautiful gold colored locks or something?

psycho gundam
i named a herald. i just named some others too.

not specific enough. exactly

the OP pretty much calls for preference, not who would be best at a particular task

psycho gundam
and earthquakes take precision more than speed to clean up, people are under the rubble you know

JakeTheBank
If I could have swapped out Hal Jordan for John Stewart for #10, I would have.

Starscream M
What scenario do you have a problem with pray tell?

What is it with you and Thor? Do you have some crush on him or something? Are you jealous of his beautiful gold colored locks or something? sorry I don't rub one off to Thor daily

anyways, here are the choices you picked thor for I have an issue with:

#4) Thor would be too slow to deal with 10 simultaneously launched nukes

#5) Thor would not be the best to find Bin Laden

#6) Thor finding cure for AIDS or cancer...are you shitting me? eek!

#8) Thor would have trouble relocating 1 million people

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and earthquakes take precision more than speed to clean up, people are under the rubble you know you need both...superman has both.

precision is useless if by the time you get to someone, they're already starved to death

Mshinu
lol at hulk doing #9

Actually if he went "Puny humans be nice to each other or Hulk will SMASH!" he has technically only used diplomacy as long as they don`t call him on it...

Black bolt z

2) Put out huge forest fire in California: Supes

3) Rescue 100 hostages held by trained armed militia in South America (must minimize casualties): Flash

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout: Surfer

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer: Surfer...he can probably do it already...

7) Bring a rock sample from Pluto as fast as possible: Surfer by a mile

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away: Green lantern

9) Broker world peace through strictly diplomacy (no powers allowed): Political only?Supes

10) Rebuild Tokyo after a devastating earthquake: Molecule man...or surfer...

Starscream M
Actually if he went "Puny humans be nice to each other or Hulk will SMASH!" he has technically only used diplomacy as long as they don`t call him on it... nope, that would be threatening with his powers. not allowed

JakeTheBank
Actually, I can see where Thor comes in with curing people, though it's not really Thor himself. But Asgardians healers have been shown capable of healing pretty much anything that resembles a mortal ailment. Provided he could use his resources as adviser to King Balder, it's not a stretch to think he could distribute such a cure to the masses. I don't think he's the best choice, though.

Spire

Thor can teleport things. Actually Thor teleporting some Avengers here and there was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read 8.

That or he the tells them all to hold a rope then he throws Mjolnir...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Spire
Thor can teleport things. Actually Thor teleporting some Avengers here and there was the first thing that popped into my mind.

That or he the tells them all to hold a rope then he throws Mjolnir... yes, he can teleport SOME people.

but he can't teleport anywhere near 1 million people

Spire
Originally posted by Black bolt z

4) Stop 10 nuclear warheads that have been launched simultaneously (ensure) minimal radiation fallout: Surfer

6) Discover cures for AIDS and Cancer: Surfer...he can probably do it already...

8) Relocate 1 million people from one location to another location 100 miles away: Green lantern

9) Broker world peace through strictly diplomacy (no powers allowed): Political only?Supes

*Sigh*

psycho gundam

#4) Thor would be too slow to deal with 10 simultaneously launched nukes http://img506.imageshack.us/i/139wt.jpg/

stormbreaker has no problem surrounding a planet several times, and thor could have mjolnir fallow suit + generate lightning to destroy the electronics that detonate the warheads.

he's surrounded the planet in a storm also.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Black bolt z

I agree, but I don't see how supes is best for 2, I mean he can use his freeze breath or whatever, but others can do just as well (surfer in particular).

Spire
yes, he can teleport SOME people.

but he can't teleport anywhere near 1 million people

Even if we went off of that he can still teleport them in waves...

King Kandy
Even if we went off of that he can still teleport them in waves...
Yeah but by then I think others could have beaten him already.

psycho gundam
Actually if he went "Puny humans be nice to each other or Hulk will SMASH!" he has technically only used diplomacy as long as they don`t call him on it... that's a totalitarian dictatorship, not diplomacy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sorry I don't rub one off to Thor daily

#4) Thor would be too slow to deal with 10 simultaneously launched nukes

#5) Thor would not be the best to find Bin Laden

#6) Thor finding cure for AIDS or cancer...are you shitting me? eek!

4) Unless they are launched from different locations etc., Thor could easily teleport the Nuclear Warheads to whatever location he desires. And seeing as how Thor can fly at speeds multiple times faster than light, I don't see how his too slow. He wouldn't be the ideal choice in that situation but he could still no doubt handle it. I'd probably pick Surfer then. He could also just let Mjolnir handle the problem, throwing it with the command of teleporting every Nuclear Warhead it touches which should take moments.

5) Mjolnir's ability to track people or things of Thor's choosing would make him ideal for this situation.

6) Thor and Superman from what I've seen are the two most intelligent beings out of that list. Even Thor has demonstrated Super intelligence etc. And both have the best on hand resources. Superman has his fortress while Thor has Asgard. It would be simple for him to ask his royal physicians to whip something up. I mean it's not as if Asgardian magic has been shown to cure a child with terminal cancer about to die easily in an issue...wait...hold on. It did exactly that in Thor Vol. 2 #54. It was shown that Asgardians have elixirs and potions to cure practically every single disease that the hospital they were visiting were treating.

8) Why exactly would he have trouble? Thor can easily teleport them all to whatever location he desires as mass has not been a problem for him as shown when he teleported an entire Nuclear Power Plant along with it's foundations to another dimension.

Like I said, I have reasons to back up my opinion.

Moron? Moron.

psycho gundam
you need both...superman has both.

precision is useless if by the time you get to someone, they're already starved to death so you're saying that surfer MM'ing the concrete to steam and then mass healing the survivors then repairing the city with new material is inferior to what superman could do?

"Id"
Where is my Nathan Grey Summers option?

Nate fine tunes his TP to track down every viral strain, to pluck it from billions gallons of water.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1910/xmanannual1996page33ima.jpg

He put out a fire in issue X-Man #42

Here he gets rid of some weapons, and twists them into a sign of peace.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/368/cabledeadpool07200412ky2.jpg

The US government attempts to strike Cable with 247 missiles aimed at Province.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2279/cabledeadpool092005brooux4.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9020/cabledeadpool092005brooba9.jpg

Cable detonates them all, and funnels out the left over energy and residue.
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6584/cabledeadpool092005broosu1.jpg

Nate effortlessly mind links 13 mutant telepaths from 10 million.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4761/85671172.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4679/13029221.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8948/94534008.jpg

Nate stopped the White blood count deterioration of every Aids victim in Africa.

Nate can teleport across realities with little effort.

Nate held the floating island Providence, with millions of inhabitants through his TK.

>_>

Nate was atomically rebuilding his city at the same time it was being destroyed.

Mshinu
that's a totalitarian dictatorship, not diplomacy.

Who says you can`t create a dictatorship trough diplomacy?

Anyway it was a joke and wouldn`t work either of course.

Colossus-Big C
silver surfer can do everything thor can but much better.

King Kandy
SS can also do most that stuff... though nate does beat him on the Osama one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did he edit Nate in? I didn't see him originally.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
silver surfer can do everything thor can but much better.

Lol.

Starscream M

yes. I removed hulk.

psycho gundam
superman using a combo of x-ray vision and super-hearing can find him in a decent amount of time.

King Kandy
Yeah he added nate... Surfer can do plenty of things better than Thor, I would venture in fact to say that in the context of this thread, he could do everything better than Thor.

Mshinu

Yes, cuz the Hulk was useless.

Colossus-Big C

Lol. you seem to be the only guy here who dont think so.

Rage.Of.Olympus
More than likely. Still, I'd pick either Nate or Thor. Thor can simply will Mjolnir to take him to Bin Laden and Nate can scan the minds of everyone on Earth.

yes. I removed hulk.

Okay.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you seem to be the only guy here who dont think so.

I doubt it. Only someone idiotic or ignorant believes that Norrin can do anything Thor is capable off but much better. The claim is laughable.

King Kandy
Yeah Nate is clearly the best for number four...

#2, Thor or Surfer could put out the fire, but I still think surfer could just cosmically whip it away, remove oxygen, whatever, faster than Thor could use a storm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes. I removed hulk.

You satisfied with my reasoning Brucy? I posted it up above just in case you missed it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah Nate is clearly the best for number four...

#2, Thor or Surfer could put out the fire, but I still think surfer could just cosmically whip it away, remove oxygen, whatever, faster than Thor could use a storm.

Thor can whip up a rainstorm to put out a fire instantly just so you know....

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsSurtur13.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesStormNewYork1.jpg

I don't know who'd put out the fire faster but don't count Thor out.

It'd definitely be more practical to use Thor in my opinion.

Colossus-Big C

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesStormNewYork1.jpg silver surfer can remove all oxygen from it and it would stop instantly, without all the water and rainstorm

Mshinu
silver surfer can remove all oxygen from it and it would stop instantly, without all the water and rainstorm

But he`ll kill all the poor squirrels that way...

King Kandy

I don't know who'd put out the fire faster but don't count Thor out.

It'd definitely be more practical to use Thor in my opinion.
The time it even takes for the rain to fall to the ground is probably more than surfer would take with power cosmic...

JakeTheBank
I think Thor's method is better for the environment, myself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
silver surfer can remove all oxygen from it and it would stop instantly, without all the water and rainstorm

If you want to go the no oxygen route, Thor could simply Mjolnir and creates a vacuum.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsSurtur.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsSurtur1.jpg

I still say a rainstorm would be more practical and all the water would certainly benefit a forest than creating removing the oxygen and creating a vacuum.

King Kandy
But he`ll kill all the poor squirrels that way...
He can leave air for them, carry them away, or something. He has enough precision and versatility to neutralize any shortcomings, he can probably just even take out the heat for combustion from the fire, and make it spontaneously vanish.

King Kandy
If you want to go the no oxygen route, Thor could simply Mjolnir and creates a vacuum.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsSurtur.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsSurtur1.jpg

I still say a rainstorm would be more practical and all the water would certainly benefit a forest than creating removing the oxygen and creating a vacuum.
That one was small in comparison and even then, I think surfer would be faster. Meanwhile if Thor's storm is so big it puts out fire instantly, I think flooding will be a problem.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That is so unnecessary....

I mean really. Carry away the squirrels to safety.

The time it even takes for the rain to fall to the ground is probably more than surfer would take with power cosmic...

Uhuh.

Naija boy

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Nate Grey
Flash (Wally)

1- Surfer or green lantern
2- Surfer
3- Flash
4- Surfer or nate grey
5- Surfer or nate grey
6- Superman
7- Surfer
8- tough one between thor surfer and GL, but leaning towards Thor here
9- Superman
10- Surfer.

Colossus-Big C
surfur can probably use his powers to regrow the entire forest after the fire anyways

King Kandy
On the city rebuilding:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9320/ssenslavers74sc7.jpg

King Kandy
That is so unnecessary....

I mean really. Carry away the squirrels to safety.

Uhuh.
My point is that he can deal with a forest fire in any number of ways to minimize. He has absorbed firelord's fire, why not just absorb the whole of the forest fire itself?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That one was small in comparison and even then, I think surfer would be faster. Meanwhile if Thor's storm is so big it puts out fire instantly, I think flooding will be a problem.

Thor just increases the effect.

Thor's pretty damn accurate with his storms. He put out fires around all of New York and flooding wasn't a problem.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesStormNewYork2.jpg

As a matter of fact, I don't think flooding has ever been a problem for Thor.

Once again, Thor would be the most practical choice in my opinion. Your going through an awful lot of rationalization and trouble just so you can say Silver Surfer would be the better option.

King Kandy
Not really... it seems like "rationalization" because you're trying to make me come up with a specific method SS would use, and I can't plan for everything that could go wrong... Surfer has rebuilt cities without anyone being harmed, I think he can put out a forest fire without hurting all the little woodland creatures.

Colossus-Big C
thor is overated

Rage.Of.Olympus
My point is that he can deal with a forest fire in any number of ways to minimize. He has absorbed firelord's fire, why not just absorb the whole of the forest fire itself?

Why is it so important to you that Norrin be better than Thor at putting out a forest fire?

I was considering absorption as an option but I was just trying to keep it simple.

Thor could also absorb the forest fire.

Again, a simple rainstorm to put it out would probably the most practical and arguably the most beneficial solution outside of delving into matter manipulation and the like.

In any case I digress. I don't really care/

Gecko4lif
thor is overated

HERETIC!!!!!

JakeTheBank
thor is overated

By who?

Starscream M
By who? I think he means on KMC in general

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really... it seems like "rationalization" because you're trying to make me come up with a specific method SS would use, and I can't plan for everything that could go wrong... Surfer has rebuilt cities without anyone being harmed, I think he can put out a forest fire without hurting all the little woodland creatures.

Me? When the hell did I try and make you do that?

Prove it. How would he put out a forest fire without harming Bambi and friends? Be specific about it too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thor is overated

Not really. In any case, I rather have my favorite character be overrated than be a second rate joke.

In the house of Class 100 powerhouses, Thor sits at the table of the elites while Colossus stares longingly inside through a window.

Starscream M
haha I love it that people are taking into consideration the safety and well-being of the woodland critters in the fire scenario...love the creative outside of box thinking

JakeTheBank
I think he means on KMC in general

Honestly?

This same case could be made about any popular character. Take a look at the arguments concerning Wolverine, Superman, Batman, the Hulk, etc. If he's going by what Rage is arguing, then that's hardly enough basis to say the whole forum is on Thor's nuts or something. We all know certain characters have a poster or two or several who readily defend said character with varying levels of passion. I'm guilty of this myself.

I don't see how one could say "Thor is overrated" and not even mention anyone else who comes to mind.

Starscream M
Not really. In any case, I rather have my favorite character be overrated than be a second rate joke.

In the house of Class 100 powerhouses, Thor sits at the table of the elites while Colossus stares longingly inside through a window. Colossus can bring a AK47 and bust Thor bad with that. big grin

Seriously? Silver Surfer on all of them.

On a side note, I am puzzled by the belief that SM would cure cancer.

Naija boy

When doom had surfers powers, he simply "turned off" Johnny storms fire. Oh and yeah surfer has already shown that he can put out fires easily
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Silversurferputtingoutaforestfire.jpg

Note the method he uses is not only near instantaneous but also is environmentally beneficial

Gecko4lif

In the house of Class 100 powerhouses, Thor sits at the table of the elites while Colossus stares longingly inside through a window.

You are now my favorite poster laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hulk is useless here. Replace him with Nate Grey, Magneto or someone who can do something besides being green.

Man...that was uncalled for

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
When doom had surfers powers, he simply "turned off" Johnny storms fire. Oh and yeah surfer has already shown that he can put out fires easily
thats Doom's intellect though. no evidence that Surfer is capable of pulling off the same feat.

King Kandy
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Silversurferputtingoutaforestfire.jpg

Note the method he uses is not only near instantaneous but also is environmentally beneficial
Ah. There we go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus can bring a AK47 and bust Thor bad with that.

Thor knocks the bullets back at Colossus with such force, they cut right through him like a hot knife through butter.

Gecko4lif
Thor knocks the bullets back at Colossus with such force, they turn into plasma and slowly melt him to death.

Fixed

thats Doom's intellect though. no evidence that Surfer is capable of pulling off the same feat. SS has given people superpowers, restored and accelerated the development of planetary ecossystem, healed people etc. He wipes AIDS out on the planet in under a second.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Pfff. This would be faster...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Fixed

Heh.

Naija boy
thats Doom's intellect though. no evidence that Surfer is capable of pulling off the same feat.

Actually no it wasnt some scientific combination that doom used it was a simple use of the PC. . Surfers vastly superior matter/energy manipulation feats with his PC as well as his superior mastery of his own powers say that yes he is capable of pulling of such a simple feat rather easily.

Colossus-Big C
wtf does colossus have to do here? stay on topic
surfer does eveything better than the boy scout

Omega Vision
wtf does colossus have to do here? stay on topic
surfer does eveything better than the boy scout
Superman would be the man for number 9 though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Actually no it wasnt some scientific combination that doom used it was a simple use of the PC. . Surfers vastly superior matter/energy manipulation feats with his PC as well as his superior mastery of his own powers say that yes he is capable of pulling of such a simple feat rather easily.

Nuh uh! It doesn't matter how much sense it makes, since Doom did it, it's not interchangeable. End of discussion.

JakeTheBank
I think Thor should negotiate world peace with promises of smiting. I would be all for the Reigning. shifty

Spire
Leaves could also hamper the rain fall a bit, taking longer to put out the fire completely.

Before Thor "Tap" "Tap" other could have it put out.

That's why I favored others for 2.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman would be the man for number 9 though. I sincerely don't see real people or even comic book people other than DC earth's citizens following SM. SS is a lot like Ghandi who actually managed to liberate India without bloodshed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman has this messiah aura in DC that feels a bit....forced at times I'll admit.

Leaves could also hamper the rain fall a bit, taking longer to put out the fire completely.

Thor doesn't have to tap the hammer twice to create a rainstorm.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesStormStopFlame2.jpg

SS ends the fire by stoping the combustion chemical reactions in the area. He does it in under a second too.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
I sincerely don't see real people or even comic book people other than DC earth's citizens following SM. SS is a lot like Ghandi who actually managed to liberate India without bloodshed.
I admit it depends on the conflict but I can see Surfer's lack of experience with Earth culture (at least compared to Superman) hampering his diplomatic skills.

Spire
Superman has this messiah aura in DC that feels a bit....forced at times I'll admit.

You should know by now that I'm old school.

However, if you want to go the route of new stuff>old stuff let me know.

Rage.Of.Olympus

? Thor doesn't have to stamp the hammer twice to create a storm. It's something he does but it's not a necessity as far as I recall. His been doing it without stamping the hammer since Stan's days when situation forces him to:

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin5.jpg

True he stamps the hammer on the regular (At least until the last decade.) but it's not a necessity.

Was it during JIM?

ares834
It would take a while for a storm to put out a forest fire. However, it is the most natural solution.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
SS ends the fire by stoping the combustion chemical reactions in the area. He does it in under a second too. pretty much. i dont see whats so hard to understand

Spire
? Thor doesn't have to stamp the hammer twice to create a storm. It's something he does but it's not a necessity as far as I recall. His been doing it without stamping the hammer since Stan's days when situation forces him to:

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsOdin5.jpg

True he stamps the hammer on the regular (At least until the last decade.) but it's not a necessity.

Was it during JIM?

facepalm @ your post.

Yes JIM 84.

Q99
Rain storms don't necessarily quickly put out fires, big ones may have enough heat to last awhile even with water coming down.

Omega Vision
All things considered Thor using strength and speed to mound dirt on the fire would probably work faster and more efficiently. Of course Superman would do that faster.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm @ your post.

Yes JIM 84.

Heh.

JIM #84? Pretty sure that was the issue Thor created a storm in his human form and I don't recall it stating that he had two stamp the hammer twice to create a storm.

Spire
Heh.

JIM #84? Pretty sure that was the issue Thor created a storm in his human form and I don't recall it stating that he had two stamp the hammer twice to create a storm.

facepalm

I still don't know why you argue Thor with me...

Here it is again, in JIM 86 in Thor's FOURTH appearance.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery086-05.jpg

Also, since you have pained me to search for scans I'm going to show these two as well.

Laugh. Cry. Sharks and chains oh my!

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery087-07.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery087-08.jpg

psycho gundam
still on that thor sucks campaign?

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

I still don't know why you argue Thor with me...

Here it is again, in JIM 86 in Thor's FOURTH appearance.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery086-05.jpg

Also, since you have pained me to search for scans I'm going to show these two as well.

Laugh. Cry. Sharks and chains oh my!

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery087-07.jpg http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery087-08.jpg

laughing out loud

Yea, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I'm looking for an instance where it says Thor has to tap the hammer on the ground for it to make a thunderstorm.

Like I told you before, just because he does it, doesn't mean it's mandatory. Thor taps the hammer twice in one issue, and a few issues later you can have him create a storm without having to tap the hammer.

Do. You. Understand. What. I. Am. Saying?

I don't know why I bother arguing with you at all.

You said JIM #84 by the way. Nothing you've posted so far proves that Thor has to be tapping the hammer to create a storm even as far back as JIM. It was simply something he did practically every time and as time went along you saw him create storms without having to tap the hammer.

laughing out loud

I'm going to ignore that pointless little jab.

Blanket

Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer

Rage.Of.Olympus
FANBOY!!!!!

Blanket
FANBOY!!!!! He can do everything.

It's not like I picked Thor to create the cure for AIDS or something...

Originally posted by Blanket
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer thumb up
/thread

Rage.Of.Olympus
He can do everything.

It's not like I picked Thor to create the cure for AIDS or something...

It doesn't matter. Your still a fanboy.

Out of curiosity, who picked Thor as being able to cure aids on his own?

Out of curiosity, who picked Thor as being able to cure aids on his own?

I believe it was you

2) Thor
3) The Flash
5) Thor
6) Thor or Superman
7) Thor
8) Thor or Flash
9) Superman
10) Silver Surfer

You didn't put any scenario that the Hulk would excel at.

He might do better than SM at least, since he's a medic.

Blanket
^

Out of curiosity, who picked Thor as being able to cure aids on his own? K. Next time I won't pick Surfer when Surfer excels at all the choices available.

I'll pick Thor in every thread instead.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
I believe it was you

He might do better than SM at least, since he's a medic.

My reasoning was based mostly on his resources:

I highly doubt Thor would be written as intelligent enough to cure Aids on his own. Maybe back in the Silver Age.

Rage.Of.Olympus
K. Next time I won't pick Surfer when Surfer excels at all the choices available.

I'll pick Thor in every thread instead.

Good man. thumb up

Still a fanboy though.

Blanket
Good man. thumb up

Still a fanboy though. Says the Quanchi of Thor.

Priest
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Flash in all

Except 9 then I want SS or supes
Wonder Woman in all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Says the Quanchi of Thor.

That's too far...

You do know I was just joking right? Me calling you a fanboy after your answer to this thread was me mocking Brucy. I still love you.

Blanket
That's too far...

You do know I was just joking right? Me calling you a fanboy after your answer to this thread was me mocking Brucy. I still love you. I do.

I wasn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I do.

I wasn't.

Good.

You weren't? Damn, that's harsh. Calling me the Quanchi of Thor. I know I'm a bit biased when it comes to him, but I do back up my reasoning and have evidence to support my opinions. I mean calling me the Quanchi of Thor? That's just harsh.....

I'm not speaking to you.

Blanket
Good.

You weren't? Damn, that's harsh. Calling me the Quanchi of Thor. I know I'm a bit biased when it comes to him, but I do back up my reasoning and have evidence to support my opinions. I mean calling me the Quanchi of Thor? That's just harsh.....

I'm not speaking to you. k cool.

King Kandy
My reasoning was based mostly on his resources:

I highly doubt Thor would be written as intelligent enough to cure Aids on his own. Maybe back in the Silver Age.
In contrast, SS has cured an entire planet of a virus in moments before. So I don't see how even with those resources either supes or thor would be the best choice by any stretch.

Colossus-Big C
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer
Surfer thumb up

Spire
laughing out loud

Yea, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I'm looking for an instance where it says Thor has to tap the hammer on the ground for it to make a thunderstorm.

Like I told you before, just because he does it, doesn't mean it's mandatory. Thor taps the hammer twice in one issue, and a few issues later you can have him create a storm without having to tap the hammer.

Do. You. Understand. What. I. Am. Saying?

I don't know why I bother arguing with you at all.

You said JIM #84 by the way. Nothing you've posted so far proves that Thor has to be tapping the hammer to create a storm even as far back as JIM. It was simply something he did practically every time and as time went along you saw him create storms without having to tap the hammer.

laughing out loud

I'm going to ignore that pointless little jab.

I understand exactly what you are saying and doing('Nuh uh' argument in the form of 'show me THIS exactly' or 'Nuh uh'.)

Logically, seeing as how when Thor first produced the ability in a book it was accompanied by and editor's note. This happened again surprisingly just 2 issues later.

Now, logically, this leads me to believe that tapping his cane/hammer twice is what needs to be done for a storm to grow.

Correct. I did in fact state JIM 84. JIM 84 is when he first summoned a storm, which was accompanied by an editor's note stating the tap tap.

However, after your bullshit reply I decided I would go and look for the second instance of Thor tapping his hammer twice as I knew it was within the next 10 or so issues and my Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli was not yet hot and ready to eat.

JIM 86 happened to be that issue. This second instance was also accompanied by an editor's note.

So that about covers it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In contrast, SS has cured an entire planet of a virus in moments before. So I don't see how even with those resources either supes or thor would be the best choice by any stretch.

Really? What type of virus?

Norrin should take it in that category. Thor has been shown to heal, revitalize and amp people but not to the point where he can eliminate viruses and not on planetary scale.

Blanket
Really? What type of virus?

Norrin should take it in that category. Thor has been shown to heal, revitalize and amp people but not to the point where he can eliminate viruses and not on planetary scale. Death

Rage.Of.Olympus
I understand exactly what you are saying and doing('Nuh uh' argument in the form of 'show me THIS exactly' or 'Nuh uh'.)

Logically, seeing as how when Thor first produced the ability in a book it was accompanied by and editor's note. This happened again surprisingly just 2 issues later.

Now, logically, this leads me to believe that tapping his cane/hammer twice is what needs to be done for a storm to grow.

Correct. I did in fact state JIM 84. JIM 84 is when he first summoned a storm, which was accompanied by an editor's note stating the tap tap.

However, after your bullshit reply I decided I would go and look for the second instance of Thor tapping his hammer twice as I knew it was within the next 10 or so issues and my Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli was not yet hot and ready to eat.

JIM 86 happened to be that issue. This second instance was also accompanied by an editor's note.

So that about covers it.

Heh.

I never denied that tapping the cane was the most used form of storm summing for Thor. It was practically the only type of storm summoning he did in the earlier JIM issues. As time past however it became perfectly clear that it wasn't mandatory. He does summon a storm without tapping the hammer and then goes on to tap the hammer to create the storms in a later issue.

You seemed to be claiming that Thor needs to tap his hammer twice to create a storm which is asinine as that clearly isn't the case and hasn't been since Lee's days.

Anyways, concession accepted.

Naija boy

True. i was thought that category was more related to inventing the cure for AIDS for tho, rather than directly eliminating the disease from the planet.

King Kandy
True. i was thought that category was more related to inventing the cure for AIDS for tho, rather than directly eliminating the disease from the planet.
Do you have that scan? The ones I had are dead links now.

Naija boy
Do you have that scan? The ones I had are dead links now.

This the one ur talking about?
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferaffectingthousandsofbeingsonm.jpg

Bouboumaster
Surfer to all, but 9, where I choose Superman.

Flash might also be a great choice for 3

Spire
It was practically the only type of storm summoning he did in the earlier JIM issues. As time past however it became perfectly clear that it wasn't mandatory. He does summon a storm without tapping the hammer and then goes on to tap the hammer to create the storms in a later issue.

Hence the "I'm old school."

You seemed to be claiming that Thor needs to tap his hammer twice to create a storm

Never happened.

hasn't been since Lee's days.

thumb up Old school...

Anyways, concession accepted?

Already? Well... I guess I'll accept it.

True. i was thought that category was more related to inventing the cure for AIDS for tho, rather than directly eliminating the disease from the planet. He'd still be the best choice. Analyzes the virus with CA and synthtizes a molecule that acts as the best anti-retroviral drug ever. Or he makes everybody naturally immune to it. Cancer could be handled in similar lines, SS doesn't even need to really know what he's doing for the power cosmic to do what he wants it to.

Naija boy
Originally posted by 753
He'd still be the best choice. Analyzes the virus with CA and synthtizes a molecule that acts as the best antireto-viral drug ever. Or he makes everybody naturally immune to it.

Also true. didnt think of that initially.

EDIT- infact surfer has done something similar to that before
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_surfercreatesantibodiesinbeingtosav.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_surfercreatesantibodiesinbeingto-1.jpg

King Kandy
This the one ur talking about?
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferaffectingthousandsofbeingsonm.jpg
Yeah, that's the one.

kgkg
Not Thor.

kgkg

1> SS
2> SS
3> Flash
4> Surfer
5> Surfer
6> Surfer
7> Surfer
8> Flash
10> Surfer

celeyhyga17

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Nate Grey
Flash (Wally)

1. Green Lantern
2. Thor
3. Flash
4. Thor
5. Silver Surfer
6. Superman
7. Nate
8. Green Lantern
9. Superman
10. Silver Surfer

celeyhyga17
What happened? No Orion, Wondy, Nova, love???

Orion would have boom tubed the plutonian sample.
Nova can easily gate a million people from one place to another.
Wondy can broker world peace. How can you say no to her? =P

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>