Mortal Kombat Teaser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
So, this came out abit ago.

http://kotaku.com/5558339/if-this-is-the-next-mortal-kombat-movie-sign-us-up

At first, I was like, that's cool I guess, but then I was all: 'OH SHI-!' For real, you should've been there, it was awesome. So anyhoe, enjoy this little clip, I have no idea if it's just a promo for an upcoming game or a teaser to a movie, but it colored me interested, horny, hungry, pink, jolly and at times, happeh.

-Pr-
It's a short film designed as a pitch for a mortal kombat movie.

Originally posted by -Pr-
"It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film."

Jeri Ryan re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

i want it, though. just with a non-dead johnny cage.

Scythe

Yeah, I figured as much the more I looked into it.

i want it, though. just with a non-dead johnny cage.

Me too, hope it sells and gets made. I'd also like to see a non-dead Cage, the poor bastard, film-wise.

Kazenji
I'm also want it too except for them making Baraka look real world minus the demonic origin which i did'nt like.

flying shadow
this actually looked badass

feelin Baraka, and Hanzo Hizashi aka scorpion brah

T.M
Watched the trailer earlier looks good.

Michael Jai White is a great choice for Jax. There needs to be a R rated Mortal Kombat movie.

the ninjak
Johnny stomp Baraka mad

The Nuul
Looks good and better be R rating.

MildPossession
Yeah if you read more in that link now, the actress Ryan confirms it as a pitch trailer.

Looks much better than the first two stupid movies in just those 7 minutes!

BruceSkywalker
this looks pretty good

Menetnashté
I'm liking this direction, and sub-zero looks like he's going to be a badass

Impediment
I really, really hope that this projected is given the green light. I loved this teaser.

LanceWindu
I loved it, except for Baraka. They can come up with a better backstory and look for him.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I loved it, except for Baraka. They can come up with a better backstory and look for him.
Well this is just a pitch so I'm sure there will be significant improvements by the time the movie comes out if it comes out.

Myth
I'm intrigued by the idea of a Mortal Kombat movie being made in a real world setting, but it didn't strike me as some awesome short. I have always been a fan of Mortal Kombat related things and would certainly watch a new MK movie with some level of excitement, but I wouldn't go in with expectations of real quality.

Bouboumaster
Why always killing Johnny Cage!?

marwash22
i like the realistic approach, i just hope there's still a supernatural element to it; doesn't look to be the case in the promo.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by marwash22
i like the realistic approach, i just hope there's still a supernatural element to it; doesn't look to be the case in the promo.
There will be. Here guys interview with the guy who made it.
http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/kevin-tancharoen-interview-mortal-kombat-rebirth-feature-film/

marwash22
Ok, I'm a little more excited about it now that i know there will be powers. The 'fatalities' news is good to hear as well, the other movies were entirely too soft for the franchise.

NemeBro

i want it, though. just with a non-dead johnny cage. That was the only good part about the second movie.

Now all we need is a dead Liu Lame.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by NemeBro
That was the only good part about the second movie.

Now all we need is a dead Liu Lame.
Well he'll be in it, I don't really mind as long as he's not the main character

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro
That was the only good part about the second movie.

Now all we need is a dead Liu Lame. What is your malfunction?

Impediment
Lateef Crowder is Baraka. Dude has some serious skills. Just look up some of his vids on YouTube.

Robtard
Looks far better than the shit they've made already. Hope the green-light it and it's R-rated.

marwash22
Originally posted by Impediment
Lateef Crowder is Baraka. Dude has some serious skills. Just look up some of his vids on YouTube. Damn straight. check him out in the Protector. He's gonna be Eddy as well, I'm happy about that.

Menetnashté
Apparently the guy they had do Johnny Cage is the same guy who did all the mocap for nathan drake in uncharted.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Mindset
What is your malfunction? Johnny Cage and Liu Lame suck.

This movie should be about the magical adventures of Kung Lao. Or Scorpion. Or pretty much anyone but Liu Lame or Cage.

steverules_2
Looks like this film will be based on scorpion, hope we see Cyrax...I like him

The Nuul
Lateef Crowder is awesome.

ADarksideJedi
I hope they are not making another movie out of it.The first one is the best and always will be!And the soundtrack as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.