Why cosmic entities have to "fight"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jamond1
In what reasons or limitatinos that make those powerful entities, like LT, fall to a fight?

LT can change anything just by will, galactus can devour a whole planet...

the LT could just erase the bad guys, and galactus devours the earth and find another if still not full...

and every time I see these big guys who are decribled as near omnipotent...but need to deal with lesser power beings for long time..like galactus fights the FF4..

Bentley
Galactus gesturing away the FF would make a funny but rather short comic.

galactusischere
That's because the companies want to make money. They wouldn't make money if what you said would happen.

jamond1
Originally posted by galactusischere
That's because the companies want to make money. They wouldn't make money if what you said would happen.

this is the truth....so Marvel should not describe them as so powerful.
Just like I got great powers but i wont use them even i will lose the fight....

Bentley
Originally posted by jamond1
this is the truth....so Marvel should not describe them as so powerful.
Just like I got great powers but i wont use them even i will lose the fight....

It's easier and better for the stories to be mistakes from the abstracts rather than something inherent, because a plot has to be served anyways and fixed powerlevels -no matter how big and small- tend to get in the way of a certain plot.

jamond1
Originally posted by Bentley
It's easier and better for the stories to be mistakes from the abstracts rather than something inherent, because a plot has to be served anyways and fixed powerlevels -no matter how big and small- tend to get in the way of a certain plot.

thats why sometimes they are interesting.....although there is a big gap of powerlevel in between them...they still fight like kids

Mindship
IMO, there are waayyy too many cosmic entities anyway. Reduce their number and have fewer inane, over-the-top, save-the multiverse plotlines. Cosmic entities are best when used infrequently. This is how you keep them genuinely chock full of awesomeness.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, there are waayyy too many cosmic entities anyway. Reduce their number and have fewer inane, over-the-top, save-the multiverse plotlines. Cosmic entities are best when used infrequently. This is how you keep them genuinely chock full of awesomeness.

thumb up

dmills
Thank you Mindship. My thoughts exactly.

King Kandy
Or maybe Marvel could make a Sandman sort of level comic where they actually had some characterization for once.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Or maybe Marvel could make a Sandman sort of level comic where they actually had some characterization for once.
Marvel Cosmics and Nuanced Characterization don't mix well. stick out tongue

Generally the characterization of most Marvel Cosmics boils down to:

"Greetings , I am , of . I need your aid in stopping from doing something terrible to the Universe and/or Multiverse, and/or Omniverse. As a being of unfathomable power I'm much too lazy to stop him/her/it myself."

King Kandy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Marvel Cosmics and Nuanced Characterization don't mix well. stick out tongue

Generally the characterization of most Marvel Cosmics boils down to:

"Greetings , I am , of . I need your aid in stopping from doing something terrible to the Universe and/or Multiverse, and/or Omniverse. As a being of unfathomable power I'm much too lazy to stop him/her/it myself."
Well that's an even better reason why they should actually try. I mean like I said, Sandman proved abstracts can be interesting if written right. No reason say, Eternity couldn't be the same.

Omega Vision
Well that's an even better reason why they should actually try. I mean like I said, Sandman proved abstracts can be interesting if written right. No reason say, Eternity couldn't be the same.
The writer would need to almost totally retool their characterization. Current Eternity is as interesting as a box of rocks.

Of all the major cosmics Galactus has the greatest potential for a Sandman-esque story.

Galan007
Well that's an even better reason why they should actually try. I mean like I said, Sandman proved abstracts can be interesting if written right. No reason say, Eternity couldn't be the same. The Endless worked so well because they were personified... They had human qualities.

None of Marvel's abstract beings have ever been written that way, so it'd be difficult for them to just delve into that sort of concept without it coming off as completely ridiculous/stupid.

King Kandy
Well yes, in general, but I have seen some times where Eternity and other abstracts have been interesting. Some Dr Strange comics have given Eternity good personality and something similar was done during insane genis arc. Not like Sandman, but I see some potential based on this.

For that matter look at Destiny, before Gaiman was as boring as any marvel abstract, but he still comes off as interesting despite getting less panel time than any of the other endless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.