Are You Tired of Seeing Dick Grayson as Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlazeDragon
He sucks as Batman, He just aint that good enough to Batman

Its about time that Bruce Wayne Returns

JakeTheBank
Gotta say, when I was at the Comic Book Forums page and saw this topic albeit cut off so that it would fit on page, it looked pretty weird.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Grayson as Batman. Bruce will return eventually to the mantle. Until then, I'm just enjoying the change of pace.

BlazeDragon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gotta say, when I was at the Comic Book Forums page and saw this topic albeit cut off so that it would fit on page, it looked pretty weird.

What?

Bat Dude

laughing

Wow, I needed a good laugh!

Badabing

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Grayson as Batman. Bruce will return eventually to the mantle. Until then, I'm just enjoying the change of pace. laughing out loud

I really haven't had a problem with Grayson, though I thought I'd hate him as Bats.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bruce take another gig upon his return. Maybe something similar to what Steve Rogers is doing now????

BruceSkywalker
Like Grayson as Batman, but looking forward to seeing Bruce return to the mantle and then having Grayson as another identity

ChocolateCake
I have enjoyed Grayson as Batman but I am looking forward to Wayne's return.

First_Tsurugi06
I'm personally more tired of Damian Wayne as...anything relevent, frankly. As for Wayne returning, it's obvious no one expected anything less (as brief as his 'death' has been), but I was always a little curious as to what exactly they'd do with Grayson, Tim, etc. I mean, Tim at least has gone kinda...not rogue exactly, but he seems like he's changed in ways that would keep him from going back to who he used to be very easily even with Wayne returning.

Badabing
One Batglare from Bruce will cure Damian of his elitist, sarcastic mouth.

vansonbee
Tired of Batman gig overall...

Dick is giving us difference perspective outlook. Change is good.

Cough* look at Steve Rogers.

srankmissingnin
I'm been waiting for Dick to take up the cowl pretty much since I first picked up a Batman comic close to 20 years ago, so I want Grayson to be Batman for the foreseeable future. Hopefully DC can come up with something greater for Bruce Wayne like Marvel did for Steve Rogers. At the moment Steve has transcended the Captain America mantle, it would a step back for him to dawn it again (but we all know he will eventually). If DC can do the same with Batman that would be great.

BlazeDragon
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm been waiting for Dick to take up the cowl pretty much since I first picked up a Batman comic close to 20 years ago, so I want Grayson to be Batman for the foreseeable future. Hopefully DC can come up with something greater for Bruce Wayne like Marvel did for Steve Rogers. At the moment Steve has transcended the Captain America mantle, it would a step back for him to dawn it again (but we all know he will eventually). If DC can do the same with Batman that would be great.

Well your crazy Dick Grayson above all people doesn't deserve to be Batman.I have been waiting for him to get killed by the Joker ever since I remembem liking Batman that would make for a great storyline

BlazeDragon
Originally posted by vansonbee

Cough* look at Steve Rogers.

Change aint good if you gonna **** it up so badly *Cough* Obama *Cough*

Dick Grayson is certainly not the person for change even Azreal as Batman was better

JakeTheBank
Az-Bats?

Grayson is a better Bats by far. erm

BlazeDragon
Az-Bats?

Grayson is a better Bats by far. erm

Az-Bat might have corrupted under pressure but at least his strories were Interisting

BlazeDragon
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

and if you really wanted a change that bad take a break. Bruce doesn't have to pass the mantle to a frickin sidekick just cause somebody fanboys thought it was a good time for a change the Batman legend has done fine without any change since 1939 and thats exactly the reason Bruce Wayne/Batman is the most popular superhero

Hopefully Dick Grayson is FINISHED as Batman by the end of the year

Badabing
Originally posted by Badabing
laughing out loud

I really haven't had a problem with Grayson, though I thought I'd hate him as Bats.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bruce take another gig upon his return. Maybe something similar to what Steve Rogers is doing now???? Originally posted by vansonbee

Cough* look at Steve Rogers. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm been waiting for Dick to take up the cowl pretty much since I first picked up a Batman comic close to 20 years ago, so I want Grayson to be Batman for the foreseeable future. Hopefully DC can come up with something greater for Bruce Wayne like Marvel did for Steve Rogers. At the moment Steve has transcended the Captain America mantle, it would a step back for him to dawn it again (but we all know he will eventually). If DC can do the same with Batman that would be great. Get your own ideas...sneer

durfist

colossulrage
i like the new spin grayson has brought to being batman i wouldnt mind him being batman for awhile longer

Bat Dude
I remember when everyone on almost every forum I was on at the time was getting ready to burn me at the stake for saying I wanted Grayson to remain Batman for long while.

And I still do...

Badabing
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I remember when everyone on almost every forum I was on at the time was getting ready to burn me at the stake for saying I wanted Grayson to remain Batman for long while.

And I still do... Get the heretic!!!!11

angrymob

roughrider
Originally posted by colossulrage
i like the new spin grayson has brought to being batman i wouldnt mind him being batman for awhile longer

Me neither. He's been a nice change, and isn't going psycho like Jean Paul Valley did once upon a time.

Wouldn't it be cool to see Marvel & DC do a crossover now, with Bucky as Cap and Dick as Bats? They did one once with the Punisher, when JPV had the cowl.

Deadline
hahaha this thread looks funny from the oustide. Are you tired of seeing Dick?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Deadline
hahaha this thread looks funny from the oustide. Are you tired of seeing Dick?

That's what I said laughing

Omega Vision
hahaha this thread looks funny from the oustide. Are you tired of seeing Dick? Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That's what I said laughing
Ditto. laughing out loud

BlackZero30x
i thought it was stupid for him to become batman...he left batman and finally got out of Bruce's shadow then he becomes night wing he is a solid hero character by himself then he becomes batman...it's like takeing steps backwards......i mean now he truly live in batmans shadow and it's huge now....way bigger then before because he knows what batman is and now he has to live up to it.

He really should have just stayed nightwing.

roughrider
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i thought it was stupid for him to become batman...he left batman and finally got out of Bruce's shadow then he becomes night wing he is a solid hero character by himself then he becomes batman...it's like takeing steps backwards......i mean now he truly live in batmans shadow and it's huge now....way bigger then before because he knows what batman is and now he has to live up to it.

He really should have just stayed nightwing.

So who is supposed to be Batman when Bruce isn't there?

There has to be someone worthy enough to take the mantle, to keep the legend going. Dick is the most deserving.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by roughrider
So who is supposed to be Batman when Bruce isn't there?

There has to be someone worthy enough to take the mantle, to keep the legend going. Dick is the most deserving.

i whole heartily agree with both of your points......but....

1. he's not the detective Bruce was
2. I don't feel he could use Bruce's "method's" properly
3. He makes a way better Nightwing then Batman
4. I feel that for this personal character(Batman)Bruce is the only one to fit the shoes because Batman was created through all the "trials" bruce had undertaken.

5. I can handle Terry as Batman Beyond but that's because Bruce is to old to keep the mantle(even thought mentally he still does). I mean he's still their watching, helping, teaching terry about everything including the detective part.

Besides terry is basically Bruce only one small difference.

EDIT:maybe two

Deadline
Well im going to add my 2cents...I don't know about you but personally im sick and tired of seeing dick. I wish Badabing would stop waving his dick around and put it back in his pants for **** sake! miffed: sick

roughrider
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i whole heartily agree with both of your points......but....

1. he's not the detective Bruce was
2. I don't feel he could use Bruce's "method's" properly
3. He makes a way better Nightwing then Batman
4. I feel that for this personal character(Batman)Bruce is the only one to fit the shoes because Batman was created through all the "trials" bruce had undertaken.

5. I can handle Terry as Batman Beyond but that's because Bruce is to old to keep the mantle(even thought mentally he still does). I mean he's still their watching, helping, teaching terry about everything including the detective part.

Besides terry is basically Bruce only one small difference.

EDIT:maybe two

That's not answering the question, really.

Bruce is not Batman right now. And I'm sure he wants someone to carry on the mantle when he can't - whether he gets too old (like Batman Beyond), or is killed in the line of action (as is the present case.) I don't think the answer is no one should do it, except Bruce.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by roughrider
That's not answering the question, really.

Bruce is not Batman right now. And I'm sure he wants someone to carry on the mantle when he can't - whether he gets too old (like Batman Beyond), or is killed in the line of action (as is the present case.) I don't think the answer is no one should do it, except Bruce.

well I think that if there is a "just in case" batman it needs to be someone that can act as Bruce did while he was batman.

because IMO a big part of being Batman is his personality.

Badabing
Well im going to add my 2cents...I don't know about you but personally im sick and tired of seeing dick. I wish Badabing would stop waving his dick around and put it back in his pants for **** sake! miffed: sick Then stop peering through my window. And as you witnessed, your girlfriend likes the way I wave. durimshot

Deadline
Then stop peering through my window. And as you witnessed, your girlfriend likes the way I wave. durimshot

I was peering through your window but the only reason why we knew you had a dick in the first place was because my girl was using a telescope.

durimshot

Badabing
I was peering through your window but the only reason why we knew you had a dick in the first place was because my girl was using a telescope.

durimshot facepalm

A telescope is used to see massive objects from large distances in the depths of space. So thanks, the comparison is accurate. Massive object = my "member". Large distance = UK to USA. 313

Also, warned for mod bashing and spamming. sneer

biscuits

Deadline
facepalm

A telescope is used to see massive objects from large distances in the depths of space. So thanks, the comparison is accurate. Massive object = my "member". Large distance = UK to USA. 313

Also, warned for mod bashing and spamming. sneer

biscuits

Who said I was in the UK? It was some hi-tech zoom in shit like what satelittes got.

Oh and the micronauts said they couldn't find your dick.

biscuits

Badabing
Who said I was in the UK? It was some hi-tech zoom in shit like what satelittes got.

Oh and the micronauts said they couldn't find your dick.

biscuits Ah, yeah. duriroll

Anyway, I've edited the title so let's get back to the topic.

namorsubby
Dick has his own mantle and has for some time, Nightwing. Bruce doesn't need to transcend the Batman mantle like Cap, he needs to take his rightful place, and Dick needs to do the same.

and I guess Tim can just stay Red Robin.lol

jinzin
Ah, yeah. duriroll

no foreshame Bada.... foreshame.

Deadline
Ah, yeah. duriroll

Sorry too much herochat. sad

Badabing
Originally posted by jinzin
no foreshame Bada.... foreshame. Fine, I've edited the title back!

durfistOriginally posted by Deadline
Sorry too much herochat. sad Stop slumming it over at that place! ka-dur

jinzin
Fine, I've edited the title back!

durfist Stop slumming it over at that place! ka-dur

laughing out loud

Now THAT'S how you mod Goddammit!

Bouboumaster
Dick Grayson is great as Batman. Hope he keeps the cowl!

Badabing
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud

Now THAT'S how you mod Goddammit! I'm all about setting an example. thumbsupdur

Mr Parker
Never could be tired of it.dont want anybody else to be Tricky Dick. big grin Hope people got joke behind that. big grin

BruceSkywalker
i will never tire of seeing Dick as Batm,an, however I know Bruce is returning , so I hope DC gives Dick another ongoing..

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Never could be tired of it.dont want anybody else to be Tricky Dick. big grin Hope people got joke behind that. big grin

i get it

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by BlazeDragon
He sucks as Batman, He just aint that good enough to Batman

Its about time that Bruce Wayne Returns

I knew this since begining of time.

'OH BUTZ WE HAVEZ TO CANT WAIT FO WAT MORRISON DOES NEXT!!!!! LOLOLZOLZOZLOZLZOZL"

Go figure the mind of a Morrison fan.

shorty19
I dont know about you im enjoying him as the new batman and i not be
suprised if bruce lets him keep the mantle.

namorsubby
Bruce Wayne is the one, true Batman. Richard Grayson is not. That will never change.

Get ready DC, Bruce is a comin'........back that is.batman

Silent Guardian
Give me Dick Grayson over Bruce any day. I like my Batman to have a personality and not be a douche.

Heck I don't need the new Dark Night comic or Inc.

As long as I have Dick Grayson Batman I am happy. Batman, Batman and Robin and Detective Comics have been phenomenal. Keep it coming DC

-Pr-
I miss Grayson as Nightwing, and for me Bruce will always be the superior Batman.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
I miss Grayson as Nightwing, and for me Bruce will always be the superior Batman.
Co-signed.

BruceSkywalker

agree, but also i like both as batman and especially having bruce traverse the globe is a good thing

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
agree, but also i like both as batman and especially having bruce traverse the globe is a good thing

having american writers write about europe is rarely a good thing stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
having american writers write about europe is rarely a good thing stick out tongue

true.. too true

srankmissingnin
I have a real problem with this "fun" Bruce Wayne that Morrison is trying to craft. Sure he said that was his intention when he came on the book years ago... but we are just starting to see the fruits now. I'm aware that this is how Bruce has been portrayed in the past, but the way he has been written for the past decade or two, this resurgent sense of levity that the character has now (particularly in his recent outings with Catwoman) just seem bizarre. Isn't the playfulness and being more laid back what separated Dick from Bruce in the first place? I want my Bruce Wayne a detached, paranoid, obsessive, single minded, manipulative hard ass... so I'm not feeling this new Batman Inc Bruce Wayne.

Retire for a while Bruce, let Dick handle things for a while.

Bentley
I agree with ya, the point of having Dick around as Batman is that Bruce is classic style Batman.

aztec
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Dick Grayson is great as Batman. Hope he keeps the cowl!

I can't believe i'm agreeing with you. I also believe Dick is a better Batman than Bruce. Unlike, Bruce he isn't a douch and relatable. Unfortunately, Dick will not keep the cowl for too long. sad

aztec
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
Give me Dick Grayson over Bruce any day. I like my Batman to have a personality and not be a douche.

Heck I don't need the new Dark Night comic or Inc.

As long as I have Dick Grayson Batman I am happy. Batman, Batman and Robin and Detective Comics have been phenomenal. Keep it coming DC

Same here. I grew up with the funloving Batman from the sixties and superfriends. Before reading comics, Bruce was my favorite superhero. However, everything change as I grew older and realized that he was a douche. I idolize the man, because unlike other superheroes he didn't have powers.

Anyway, I prefer Grayson over Wayne. Dick has surpass Bruce in almost every category. People actually admire Grayson, unlike Bruce. Bruce installs fear, whereas as Grayson hope.

roughrider
Bruce Wayne IS Batman, unless he's dead. No one will be a better Batman than him while he's still walking. Dick is an interesting substitute, but I like him in his own niche.

SimonComics

Is this in reference to Grant Morrison? Because I don't know how to break this to you, but...

-Pr-
Originally posted by SimonComics
Is this in reference to Grant Morrison? Because I don't know how to break this to you, but...

actually no, he's one of the few i trust, being scottish and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.