Transformer: War for Cybertron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phanteros
QFZrL0x63c8

Game Play:

Transformers: War for Cybertron is a 3rd person shooter that takes place prior to the original Transformers animated series, when the Transformers still lived on the fictional machine planet Cybertron. The game has two distinct campaigns: one for each Transformers faction. The story of the Decepticon campaign is a prelude to the Autobot campaign's story. Both campaigns can be played in single-player or cooperative online multiplayer. Each campaign level features three playable Transformers. If less than three players are present, the game's AI controls the remaining playable characters.

The game will feature Multiplayer.

Multiplayer

mnfld5JBWTQ

Scythe
Yep, I'm lookin' forward to it. There's a bunch of information also up on this game's other thread as well.

jinXed by JaNx
Yep, cant wait

Kazenji
Theres a multiplayer demo out on xbox live for those that are interested.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i don't know. You'll have to let me know what the multiplayer is like. I'm not to concerned about a transformers deathmatch, although it worked well enough for, Revenge of the fallen. I'm just excited to be able to play a, Transformers game that follows the Gen 1 characters and has absolutely nothing to do with the trash that, Micheal Bay has produced.

RE: Blaxican
Jinxed are you going out of your way to practice your Christopher Walken impression by typing it out on here or is there some other explanation?

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i don't know. You'll have to let me know what the multiplayer is like. I'm not to concerned about a transformers deathmatch, although it worked well enough for, Revenge of the fallen. I'm just excited to be able to play a, Transformers game that follows the Gen 1 characters and has absolutely nothing to do with the trash that, Micheal Bay has produced.

For the Demo its Team deathmatch and its pretty good it has the same level up system like Lost Planet. Altho for us Australians we do get lag starts off smooth and then it usually kicks in and think Gears Of Wars and you pretty much got the idea how it plays.

General Kaliero
Resurrecting this...

Anyone else playing it? I haven't had a chance to play online, but the campaign is one huge, glorious love letter from Hasbro and High Moon to Transfans everywhere.

Phanteros
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Resurrecting this...

Anyone else playing it? I haven't had a chance to play online, but the campaign is one huge, glorious love letter from Hasbro and High Moon to Transfans everywhere. This game just kicks so much ass. right now.

Scythe
Bought it, haven't had the time to crack it open and start playing it. It looks amazing, and plays very well.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Jinxed are you going out of your way to practice your Christopher Walken impression by typing it out on here or is there some other explanation?

laughing out loud what?

jinXed by JaNx
I've only played the campaign for about six hours and haven't tried the co-op. So far, the campaign makes for a great rental. There isn't anything in this game that we haven't seen before and the transforming aspect seems to have been neglected, but like, Scythe said, it plays smoothly and looks great. The multiplayer is also fun, but like the main campaign, i'm not sure how long it will be peoples interest after a few plays. As a gen1 transformers fan im quite satisfied. I can't wait to try the co-op

Scythe
The co-op is really cool. They put in so much fan-wank. For example, P.O.K.E. Alpha. If you know what I'm talkin' about, that's awesome. If ya don't, Punch Of Kill Everything. Pretty nice reference. I also love how they added female bots (fembots?) to the mix. Now the TF fans I know that are female are havin' a blast playing as Slipstream or Arcee. "Spare me this mockery of justice!" When you get to the Kaon prison level, they say this, awesome.

FistOfThe North
i got this game. so far i've played about an hour of it in 2 days. it's supose to be the best transformers game ever. and so far it is. but that's not saying a lot. I like that it's the prequel story to the '07 flik. so that looks like the part that'll get me into the game the most. graphics are kinda ps 2.5ish. the banter gets real cheesey. I got tired of hearing "hail megatron!" over and over again. I liked smokescreens voice though. (brought back memories) the game seems like it's for teenagers. they should make a rated M tf game sometime.

7/10 so far. may go up/down.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
the banter gets real cheesey. I got tired of hearing "hail megatron!" over and over again. .

erm

Well they did do that in the G1 cartoon.

RE: Blaxican
Doesn't mean it's not cheesy.

Kazenji
Well is it cheesy to you?.....if you have played it yet.

jinXed by JaNx
This game is Great. I really can't put it down. playing this game, feels like playing with my action figures all over again, I'm not sure whether or not that is a good thing, but i'm having a blast. I'm still a little pissed to not see Ultra Magnus. lol

Scythe
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This game is Great. I really can't put it down. playing this game, feels like playing with my action figures all over again, I'm not sure whether or not that is a good thing, but i'm having a blast. I'm still a little pissed to not see Ultra Magnus. lol

UM should be in it. Last I heard he was supposed to be somewhere in the game.

jalek moye
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i got this game. so far i've played about an hour of it in 2 days. it's supose to be the best transformers game ever. and so far it is. but that's not saying a lot. I like that it's the prequel story to the '07 flik. so that looks like the part that'll get me into the game the most. graphics are kinda ps 2.5ish. the banter gets real cheesey. I got tired of hearing "hail megatron!" over and over again. I liked smokescreens voice though. (brought back memories) the game seems like it's for teenagers. they should make a rated M tf game sometime.

7/10 so far. may go up/down.

its not the prequel to that film, its the prequel to g1

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Scythe
UM should be in it. Last I heard he was supposed to be somewhere in the game.
Ultra Magnus is only in the DS version of the game.

Along with Cliffjumper, Kup, Grimlock, Swoop, Hotshot, Cyclonus, Dirge, and Ramjet.

Impediment
I am really considering buying this game. I am a life long Transfan, and I am completely Modern Warfared out. I literally cannot play another round of MW2. I need a refresher.

I have been told my many sources that the MP is fanatically fun and draws from such MP elements like MW and Gears of War. Also, the campaign is lots of fun, for either faction you side with.

Could this game be for me?

jalek moye
I think so, It take things from MW and Gears multiplayer but it is still its own game. Also the campaign isnt so much as sided with a faction they are both part of the same story with the decepacons taking place before the autbots ones. It captures the personality and feel of the g1 cartoon with quality modern gameplay.

jalek moye
apperantly gamespot thinks this game is wrose then the movie TF games

General Kaliero
Amusingly, the Gamespot review got pulled. Apparently enough people pointed out enough factual errors to prove the guy writing the review didn't actually play the game.

Originally posted by Impediment
I am really considering buying this game. I am a life long Transfan, and I am completely Modern Warfared out. I literally cannot play another round of MW2. I need a refresher.

I have been told my many sources that the MP is fanatically fun and draws from such MP elements like MW and Gears of War. Also, the campaign is lots of fun, for either faction you side with.

Could this game be for me?
I'd recommend it to any Transfan. It's simply that good.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by jalek moye
apperantly gamespot thinks this game is wrose then the movie TF games

Fook Gamespot, the game is loads of fun. It really pains me to see how such shitty critics can determine the popularity of a game. First AvP3 and Now this..,wow, i guess if it doesn't have to do with Guns and the military it's not worthy. Fuk a gamespot. Any respectable gamer knows not to bother with, Gamespot. Ign is the way to go.

jinXed by JaNx

Along with Cliffjumper, Kup, Grimlock, Swoop, Hotshot, Cyclonus, Dirge, and Ramjet. balls, there has to be a DLC to address this. Hopefully, someone can game with the developers and request a console DlC with, Swoop, Kup and Ultra Magnus.

Scythe

Along with Cliffjumper, Kup, Grimlock, Swoop, Hotshot, Cyclonus, Dirge, and Ramjet.

Yeah, that's right, I'm so gettin' the DS version too.

MadMel
Amusingly, the Gamespot review got pulled. Apparently enough people pointed out enough factual errors to prove the guy writing the review didn't actually play the game.
LOL!
Reminds me of the original Star War battlefront 2 and Hulk UD reviews from ign. big grin

Impediment
I bought the game last weekend. It's totally too fun! The MP is awesome, and the voice acting is ace. I almost shit when the giant slugs appeared and Optimus gave the Universal Greeting, "Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong."

Nemesis X
I wonder why they only reviewed the single player and not the multiplayer. 'Cause doing a seperate review seems to be a bad idea.

General Kaliero
I just have to note, this game is substantially harder on Normal difficulty than on Easy. I've been dying more, but it's been generally more interesting and exciting as well.

Impediment
Yeah, I bet. Easy mode is incredibly easy. I dread what Hard will be like.

It was such a pain in the ass to defend Ratchet from harm while he was healing Omega Supreme. Just wait till hard mode, huh?

Impediment
What the hell is the code to unlock Shockwave? Want badly!

General Kaliero
Isn't Shockwave a Gamestop preorder bonus?

If you did that, as I remember, your receipt contains the code that you take to a website, and then that in turn gives you the code to enter on Live/PSN.

Impediment
Yeah, it is. I didn't pre-order. sad

Want. Badly.

General Kaliero
You could try the GameFAQs forums. The day after release there were quite a few code trades and freebie postings going on.

Other than that, wait a few months for him to be added via DLC, I imagine.

Quincy
god damn I played this demo and its as fun as all hell

Scythe
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah, it is. I didn't pre-order. sad

Want. Badly.

Sadly, the only way to get him is if you preordered the game from Gamestop as mentioned above. There are people selling their preorder code for insnae amounts on eBay, don't go down that road, since he may be available as DLC down the road possibly. If you have a preorder code yourself, you could possibly trade. I traded my Demolisher code for Jazz.

General Kaliero
Totally called it.

From Live Marketplace:

SaTsuJiN
completely recommend this game.. aside from the wonderful IGN score, I think this game is a lil underrated

started the game on hardest difficulty and have so far gotten a decent challenge from it

played the demo and it pretty much had me sold <3

MadMel
I'm getting this next time I'm in town.
Ebay takes too long erm

jalek moye
The last few levels are hard as shit on hard

I normally just run through games on hard like it's nothin

FistOfThe North
omega supreme was kinda hard. just passed it. i'll continue tommorow. megatron/barracade banter's gotten kinda funny.

Barracade: Yea! We did it! I can't believe we made it!

Megatron: Yes, Barracade. Your constant whining got us through it all, i'm sure..

lol.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
completely recommend this game.. aside from the wonderful IGN score, I think this game is a lil underrated

started the game on hardest difficulty and have so far gotten a decent challenge from it

played the demo and it pretty much had me sold <3

seems like a lot of games are underrated these days.

The Nuul
I just got this, 45 bucks taxes for the PC and its 20 bucks cheaper than the console version. Fun as shit game but its a typical Unreal game. I wish there are more weapons, perks.....ie goodies for the multiplayer though, Imo its very limited.

MadMel
Gah! EBgames didn't have it stocked sad
Had to buy it off ebay erm

MadMel
Loving this game!! big grin

I'm starting to favour the leader class - for the offence buff stick out tongue

General Kaliero
I've got Live now... need to beat some of you scrubs down.

MadMel
In my case, unless Xbox gamers can vs pc gamers, I don't think so wink

Scythe
I loved every second of this game, the ending credits were beyond rad.

MadMel
I love the quotes, especially the ones made by Megatron. stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Some issues I hope they fix with the game

General :

I've found all the 3rd slot perks to be lackluster and a little too "global" which I think coulda been an opportunity to put some more interesting stuff in

we need host migration so badly, and the servers themselves are mostly pretty laggy.. and when an error occurs with starting an actual game up (be it you dont have the maps, or the host left, whatever) your party gets disbanded and you get thrown back to the main menu.. seriously? wtf?

and there is also an issue where the game will put you IN the game, IN "spectator" team.. so both teams are your enemy and you just run around as if you were deathmatch mode gunning everyone down.. and most of these fools think its a hack or a cheat.. no.. its just the games poorly done autobalance program

and the melee really needs some actual hit stun (like the friggin tornado gets).. I'm really sick of getting the jump on someone, melee'ing them, and then they recover faster than I do and wind up blastin me with an EMP shotty or something

Scout :

-Decoy needs serious buffing.. either give the residual damage perk a lot more damage.. or make it so the stun doesnt break on damage because
A.) it takes a few moments before the decoy even becomes active
B.) if the decoy takes some random spray-fire, it is destroyed

Or, I think they should let you "poison" existing energon cubes on the map to take this skills place

Soldier :

-for a class with the most HP.. they dont seem to live as long as you'd think

-the hitbox on tornado is ridiculous.. you cant even JUMP over it (not even a double jump).. I think this should be adjusted, and also the tornado seems to be absolutely immune to melee during its active frames.. still.. I think only a hitbox adjustment (make it slightly smaller) would balance this ability

overall, soldier feels ok, but I think he could use some more defining abilities

Scientist :

-Scientists are absolutely ridiculous.. I dont even know why they're allowed to be so versatile, while the other classes stagnate with abilities that are pretty much only geared towards one thing. Scientist can be a pure healer, a combat medic, or a Rogue / Spy... I think when you play "capture the energon nodes" and a scientist rapes 2 nodes at the same time after obtaining the 7-kill streak Nucleon Shock Cannon, youll see what I'm talking about

Leader :

-Possibly the easiest and dumbest class in the game... you press warcry... run in, and melee melee melee, random gunfire, melee melee.. and even if you die..oh well you had the martyrd-- I MEAN.. whatever they call martyrdom in cybertron... you will get kills regardless if you even know how to play this game or not

I think ways to make this class more skillful, is to have an actual throw animation on the stupid thermal mines.. not just "oh it suddenly existed and is active as soon as I pressed B"... and also have the warcry buff either not affect yourself and only team members.. or just boost only your defense, while increasing only allies damage

I really really like this game and I want to see it do well.. I just think they rushed some of the stuff out without really having a chance to see what players do in the game

also, there needs to be a better reward than a stupid icon for Prest-- I mean prime mode :O

MadMel
I thought leaders had more health that soldiers erm
As much as I love this game, there are a few problems with multiplayer.

I never play as scout or scientists, as they both have ridiculously low health. That, coupled with the poor hitboxes the game has means you can get nicked in the shoulder by a few minigun rounds to the shoulder and it will count as a headshot, whereas soldiers and leaders can take 2-3 battle pistol rounds each. Kind of silly if you ask me.
Also, the sudden speed boost tornado users get. By the time you've transformed into a vehicle to run away, you're already dead.

Despite this, I still maintain that every class can be played well - I just don't sneaking around as a scout in a game that is clearly encouraging people to jump into the fray.

SaTsuJiN
soldier
VJTHvun7WD4
6 cubes

leader
_sR8w--8usU
5 cubes

MadMel
touche erm

SaTsuJiN
lol.. I hope that didnt sound condescending, as I didnt mean it that way at all..

I'm still trying (and failing HAARD) to make Decoy a useful ability.. it doesnt look like thats gonna happen -,-

and I completely agree that every class can be played well.. its just that some are substantially more annoying to get kills with than others

Scythe
Playin' as a scientist is like runnin' a gauntlet for me. They have such low amounts of health, and the lag gets me killed, but I wanna continue playin' as a scientist, weird.

How far have you guys gotten on escalation mode? I haven't tried it out that much, but the group I was in, we made it to escalation level 10 I think, it was pretty chaotic.

SaTsuJiN
Playin' as a scientist is like runnin' a gauntlet for me. They have such low amounts of health, and the lag gets me killed, but I wanna continue playin' as a scientist, weird.

How far have you guys gotten on escalation mode? I haven't tried it out that much, but the group I was in, we made it to escalation level 10 I think, it was pretty chaotic.

Scientist gets pretty amazing.. they do so much damage and have so many ways of getting health back lol

escalation is pretty damn hard.. I've only tried it with me and one other.. and we'd get to like.. probably almost 10 or so... whichever one the brutes start showing up -,-

MadMel
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. I hope that didnt sound condescending, as I didnt mean it that way at all..
No man you're right.

Has anyone else noticed how funny bumblebee looks when he's holding a detached turret? Damn thing's bigger than he is laughing

jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, unless you're a crack shot with the sniper rifles, the Scientist never really improves aside from the support aspect. If you you can use his chameleon skill and learn how to best use your turrets you can get loads of assists and kills. His rockets are also devastating with lock ons. I'm at lvl 25 with my scientist and it doesn't matter what weapons or perks im using, if another enemy gets me in his sights and he has more health than me, im dying 9/10.

I keep making it to lvl 22 or 23 on escalation before dying. Anytime i can group up with players who want to work as a team and pick a character that is going to best suit the team and not their kill streak, i always go far.
Heres a helpful tip, if you go get downed while next to the health station, you can buy health and heal yourself. I cant tell you how many rounds i beat as the last one alive just by sitting on that health station. The scatter blaster is also a must

SaTsuJiN
o_O wut?.. scientist goesnt get sniper in his loadout... and my nephew always tops the charts with scientist.. you can definitely do ALOT of damage with scientist

Darth Piggott
i just rented this game on Gamefly (should be here in a week) I'm pretty excited about it

Kazenji
Heard lots of good things about this game......yet to purchase it myself i'll get there eventually.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Heard lots of good things about this game......yet to purchase it myself i'll get there eventually.

Glad to hear, it's pretty awesome.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, This is definitely a must buy for any Transformers fan. I've been playing this again lately and i'm still having just as much fun as i did when i first played it. The Co-op is the icing on the cake here. The only bad thing that i found in this game is the lack of a playable, Ultra Magnus character. Hopefully there will be a sequal with Magnus. Magnus was always Primes second hand man, not bumblebee but i got love for Bumblebee too so it's ok. What is everyones favorite side to play as...,the Autobots or the Decepticons? I'm an Autobot through and through but i find that the Decepticons have the better lines of dialogue. My favorite line usually occurs after destroying an Autobot and getting to hear one of the decepticons say...,"fry Autobot, fry." lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.