Aquaman & Red Tornado Vs. Namor & Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Sea King and Droid Vs. Sea King & Droid

Battle takes place at the Gulf of Mexico.
Who wins?!?!?!?!?!?!?

marwash22
what version of Aquaman is this? Eh, I'm gonna go with Namor and Vision... they have a wider variety of powers, they're stronger and as a whole they're more resistant to damage than the other team.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by marwash22
what version of Aquaman is this? Eh, I'm gonna go with Namor and Vision... they have a wider variety of powers, they're stronger and as a whole they're more resistant to damage than the other team.

Sorry this is current Orin. The one with the "water" prostethic with a few mystical abilities. You really think Namor and Vision have a wider variety of powers? I think it's very close or a small advantage to team 1 in terms of versatility.

Warlord
current aquaman has the water hand again?
if so the team could win otherwise Vision and Namor

Q99
Nah, he doesn't have the water hand at the moment, though he does have the trident of poseidon.

Also, his aquatic telepathy is messed up and he can only summon dead things.

Martian_mind
Team Marvel

marwash22
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You really think Namor and Vision have a wider variety of powers? I think it's very close or a small advantage to team 1 in terms of versatility. Yeah, Vision is waaaay more versatile than Tornado. Namor and Aquaman are a wash in terms of powers, but Namor is stronger (a 100+ ton-er i think) and can he fly.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
current aquaman has the water hand again?
if so the team could win otherwise Vision and Namor

talkin bout Blackest night? hmm i guess that would be the current one. lets keep it the water hand one to keep things more even. =P

Warlord
with water hand team dc ftw imo

Martian_mind
with water hand team dc ftw imo

Nah.

ares834
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Team Marvel

Warlord
Nah.

he would easilly dehydrate Namor and then it would be 2 vs 1

celeyhyga17

but fight takes place in the Gulf of Mexico. his "dehydration" will just be short moments.

Martian_mind

A 1 who is capable of taking them both simultaneously. Visions solar heat beams will **** Aquaman all kinds of up, and Red Tornado has nothing with which to put Vision down.

Then there's also the fact that Vision could simply stomp Aquaman while Namor distracts Red.

marwash22
Vision > Red... Vision stomps then he and Namor stomp Aquaman.

ares834
but fight takes place in the Gulf of Mexico. his "dehydration" will just be short moments.
The gulf... Neither Aquaman or Namor are going to want to go in there. Unless they want to be oiled... Guess it could help out the Red Tornado.

Warlord
A 1 who is capable of taking them both simultaneously. Visions solar heat beams will **** Aquaman all kinds of up, and Red Tornado has nothing with which to put Vision down.

Then there's also the fact that Vision could simply stomp Aquaman while Namor distracts Red.

the second scenario I can agree with otherwise I can see Arthur's hand messing with intagibility

marwash22
that hand of Aquaman's is irrelevant when Vision violates him from the inside.

Martian_mind
the second scenario I can agree with otherwise I can see Arthur's hand messing with intagibility

Yah, It's not like Vision can fly out of his reach, or phase into the ground for a surprise attack, or simply spam energy blasts.

That would be ridiculous.

Warlord
magic has ****ed visions etheral form more than once...
Aquaman has the means to take down namor and vision (not at the same time).

if Vision takes him out first team 2 wins of course.

celeyhyga17

that's why I left Aquaman with his water hand cause it's mystic abilities might make things more interesting. I don't see how it's a stomp for team 2.

Lawls on the oil spill though.... laughing

Martian_mind

None of that addressed how Aquaman's going to touch a flying Vision or one phased into the ground.

Having the means and being able to use them are two very different things.

Team Marvel 9/10

Warlord
Yah, It's not like Vision can fly out of his reach, or phase into the ground for a surprise attack, or simply spam energy blasts.

That would be ridiculous.

couse that's how evades magic attacks all the time

Martian_mind
couse that's how evades magic attacks all the time

When the attack is a hand that's attached to a ground locked opponent? Yah.

Prep-Man
Tornado can dehydrate Namor as well, but overall, team M wins.

Warlord
yeah I guess mobility is in favor of Vision.

Either way I aint gonna defend a fishman against one of my top 5 Avengers ever...it will be a paradox.

Vision fries him from above stick out tongue

Martian_mind
thumb up

Bentley
It would be more interesting if Aquaman's partner was more, well, interesting.

marwash22
more interesting, or more useful? He's intresting enough, problem is, he's garbage in this fight.

Bentley
What makes him so interesting according to you?

marwash22
well, he is an android. Or do you mean interesting as in personality?

Bentley
well, he is an android. Or do you mean interesting as in personality?

I meant personality, not sure how interesting is being an android nowadays.

marwash22
Eh, personality doesn't mean shit anyhow. Vision is pretty dull but he still stomps the crap out of Tornado.

lightyeargee
Vision could win this one by himself.

namorsubby
Team one FTW.

Red Tornado tips it, me thinks.

marwash22
Originally posted by namorsubby
Team one FTW.

Red Tornado tips it, me thinks. how do you figure?

BlackZero30x
talkin bout Blackest night? hmm i guess that would be the current one. lets keep it the water hand one to keep things more even. =P

Namor is non factor here.

this fight is pretty much Red Tornado and Aquaman Vs Vision.

Darth Martin
I don't think Vision can **** Arthur up with the water hand. Won't comment on Orin. And Arthur and Namor are more or less equal in terms of strength. Namor can just fly.

Bentley
Namor's healing factor is pretty good on water.

lightyeargee
Vision Phases through Red Tornado and Falls On Aquaman like He did count Nefaria.

marwash22
more like, Vision dominates Tornado and then tips the scale in favor of Namor in his fight against Aquaman.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Bentley
Namor's healing factor is pretty good on water. And Arthur's isn't. Arthur is Namor plus magic and more powerful telepathy.

marwash22
Uh, Namor is better than Aquaman in every statistical category; the only thing Aquaman has on Namor is swimming speed and telepathy and nothing that i know of would suggest the latter would even be effective.

BlackZero30x
Uh, Namor is better than Aquaman in every statistical category; the only thing Aquaman has on Namor is swimming speed and telepathy and nothing that i know of would suggest the latter would even be effective.

actually this being Water bearer version they are piratically tied except AM never dehydrates has powerful magic his Tp is highly increased along with all of his stats.

This Version takes Namor down.

-K-M-
how are we sure Aquaman doesn't have the water hand in Brightest Day?

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vision and Red Tornado fight in JLA/Avengers (its considered somewhat canon)

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -K-M-
how are we sure Aquaman doesn't have the water hand in Brightest Day?

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vision and Red Tornado fight in JLA/Avengers (its considered somewhat canon)

from what i have read he does not.....and weather it's canon or not we really are not allowed to use that since it's a crossover.

marwash22
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
actually this being Water bearer version they are piratically tied except AM never dehydrates has powerful magic his Tp is highly increased along with all of his stats.

This Version takes Namor down. Water-bearer hand increases TP, since when? That hand is magically imbued, it has no ability to effect his biological power set.

BlackZero30x
Water-bearer hand increases TP, since when? That hand is magically imbued, it has no ability to effect his biological power set.

since it always has......he was shown to use it to amp his Tp like all kinds of crazy.....and if im not mistaken its not "imbued" with magic it is actually made of magic.

as for his strength he was considered to be at about 100 ton while he had the hand and before he was about 60 ton.

i'll go see if i can find a few old scans on my pc that i used for an argument much like this before.

marwash22
sneer

BlackZero30x
lol i can't find them on my pc but i'll skim the respect tread...i had a few really good strength ones but im sure they are on his respect tread.........also if cross overs are canon then their is proof how powerful his TP was with his water hand and it did not hurt namor but it gave him a bad head ache cross overs are a no no normally lol....i'll be back with some things.

namorsubby
how do you figure? RT is pretty uber. I believe he fought the JLA

BlackZero30x
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/Scan2043January272005.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/Scan2046January272005.jpg

Smashes a sea monster on the ocean floor with a crane...uses it like a hammer lol

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/...anv632131vp.jpg

fighting Omac with no water around

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/48...anv635165ym.jpg

at the very least he could BFR someone....
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...anv607176zj.jpg

and im still looking for the feat of him lifting the San Diego bridge on the ocean floor....

EDIT: im trying to remember the issue he states his hand amp's his TP
EDIT: here's the bridge....
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13006/264601-154256-aquaman_super.jpg

marwash22
link failure.

BlackZero30x
Omac feat

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4875/aquamanv635165ym.jpg

the one i said he could use to BFR if he really wanted to. its a portal to the spirit relm
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6410/aquamanv607176zj.jpg

underwater crane hammer trick
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8172/aquamanv632131vp.jpg

marwash22
none of that shows anything that would put him above Namor. confused

I never denied the bfr thing. I don't think it carries any weight in this fight because he wouldn't be able to throw Namor in the portal... more likely the opposite would happen and he'd end up bfr'ing himself.

Johnny Sorrow
Good Lord, "Vision will stomp RT"? I suppose Vision will stomp someone created to take on the JSA and chosen by the AM to fight the JLA and the JSA, who can match Power Girl in speed and deliver the pain to people on Superman's level. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlackZero30x
none of that shows anything that would put him above Namor. confused

I never denied the bfr thing. I don't think it carries any weight in this fight because he wouldn't be able to throw Namor in the portal... more likely the opposite would happen and he'd end up bfr'ing himself.

no you miss understand....i don't say above but near.....and imo he would just take controll of his mind and walk namor through...i mean before the amp he has been able to even take over supermans mind...

marwash22
I don't have a leg to stand on 'cause I'm not able to disprove the existence of this TP amp you claim he has.

marwash22
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Good Lord, "Vision will stomp RT"? I suppose Vision will stomp someone created to take on the JSA and chosen by the AM to fight the JLA and the JSA, who can match Power Girl in speed and deliver the pain to people on Superman's level. roll eyes (sarcastic) Do you know who Vision is?

Johnny Sorrow
Do you know who Vision is?

He's an Avenger, an android created from the brainwaves of (at the time, presumably deceased) Wonder Man and a splitting of the original Human Torch. He met Wanda, had kids, got destroyed a few times, then became Vision 2.0.

He goes intangible. How will he catch RT?

BlackZero30x
I don't have a leg to stand on 'cause I'm not able to disprove the existence of this TP amp you claim he has.

lol well i know that he has had some pretty massive feats before the amp....but still i promised proof so that's what i will bring you.

BlackZero30x
http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman/29-2357/

almost alll the way down(under"aquamans powers"wink it lists what he can do with his water hand....no mention of the increase though so maybe your right but i swear to god he told garth it increased his TP......i think it was in the same issue were Tempest put them both in fish's body's to scout out Atlantis and then when they got in trouble AM reversed his magic.

marwash22
Well, if there does exist any evidence that Aquaman's telepathy trumps Namor's, I will give he and Tornado the win.

BlackZero30x
Well, if there does exist any evidence that Aquaman's telepathy trumps Namor's, I will give he and Tornado the win.

other then what i was specifically speaking of aquaman uses his TP(while he has his water hand) in a cross over and KO's all the atlantiens except for namor who he only gave a really bad head ache...but he wasn't focused on namor either......

but power up aside AM used his Telepathy to put down a white Martian....take over supermans mind and take control over a green lanterns ring....he made a sword and had it cut off the gl's head....and that was not even during blackest night....that was a long time ago

namorsubby
RT tips it, but Namor would beat Aquaman

D_Dude1210
Provided Aquaman's TP trumps Namor. What the heck can they do against a flying, intangible android that shoots energy beams?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Provided Aquaman's TP trumps Namor. What the heck can they do against a flying, intangible android that shoots energy beams?

what can vision to to RT? he could prolly do his intangible attacks, but that prolly works differently on an android. hmmm...

Warlord
what can vision to to RT? he could prolly do his intangible attacks, but that prolly works differently on an android. hmmm...

punch him in the nose like Grundy did...
also RT being able to fight JLA and JSA alone is laughable at best

Bentley
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Well, Vision has been affected by tp before -I always forget when, but now I'm sure I read it-, but Aquaman has to affect someone who descends from water life, right? Vision certainly doesn't.

Warlord
Well, Vision has been affected by tp before -I always forget when, but now I'm sure I read it-, but Aquaman has to affect someone who descends from water life, right? Vision certainly doesn't.

he has but they were only exceptions to the rule...Vision is generally immune to TP

Bentley
he has but they were only exceptions to the rule...Vision is generally immune to TP

I haven't seen inmunity ever and I've seen one example of tp affecting him -two if we count Martian Manhunter-.

Warlord
from the top of my head he was unaffected from Ares mind-controlling spell for one thing in an old Avengers book.
Deviant telepathy failed also...I can try find some more if you want

Bentley
from the top of my head he was unaffected from Ares mind-controlling spell for one thing in an old Avengers book.
Deviant telepathy failed also...I can try find some more if you want

Good enough. If you can throw me an issue number by PM I'll check it later.

Edit: I remembered one: Mr. M in a recent Mighty Avengers Siege tie-in says he can read his mind.

Warlord

Edit: I remembered one: Mr. M in a recent Mighty Avengers Siege tie-in says he can read his mind.

I remmeber that one...meh...telepathy on androids gets a lot of inconsistent writing...I remmebr Ironman saying TP cannot read his mind because TP cannot read hard drives...
I can't check the issue no. right now but it is the one when Ares was creating war in Earth by a mind affecting magic tune.
IMO if the plot needs Vision mind affected his brain will be susceptible to TP due to be based on human paterns. If not it won't be couse he is a mechanic being and TP cannot affect his inorganic mind.

I tend to go with the second, as it makes more sence to me, I have read more cases than the opposite and finally vision is one of my fav Marvel characters smile

-K-M-
I'm sure I read it-, but Aquaman has to affect someone who descends from water life, right?

Negative, his telepathy has affected a Millennium Giant.

Bentley
Originally posted by -K-M-
Negative, his telepathy has affected a Millennium Giant.

They were born from millenium fish uhuh

Warlord
millennium tuna actually

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.