Thor & BRB vs. Silver Surfer & WWH vs. Gladiator & Black Bolt vs. Sentry & Nova Prim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
All teams are pissed off and bloodlusted.
No BFR or CIS

What team wins & why?

Please discuss

iceman24567
Thor and Bill. Why? because the other teams fall short in an all out battle

Bentley
Team hammer. Better team work, more firepower overall.

JakeTheBank
Even though Surfer has the least capable partner here in terms of the others, he's a massive threat on his own and can at least sway the battle one way or the other.

As is, Team 1 for the majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Unless Sentry goes Voidtry etc. Team 1 wins.

Nihilist
Yeah team 1 ftw, great match up though.

Mshinu
Sentry realizes he is just a cruel joke by the writer and zaps himself out of existance.

Hammer bros own.

guy222
T 2

marwash22
Originally posted by guy222
T 2 unless you're talking about Judgment Day and Skynet is involved... no.

Team 1 takes this. Though, Surfer is a beast.

janus77
T2 ftw.

Bouboumaster
I say team 2. Surfer is a baaaad mother****er, and he's the top dog in this match.

And even if he lacks the versatility, it could be argue that Hulk is the second most powerful. The guy would waste some dudes. If only he could catch them.
Oh, right, Silver Surfer can teleport him.

Slaanesh
team 2..Surfer is the most powerful here..WWH can hold his own against anyone..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
team 2..Surfer is the most powerful here..WWH can hold his own against anyone.. No one here can beat the sentry.

Black bolt z
team 2..Surfer is the most powerful here..WWH can hold his own against anyone..

Originally posted by quanchi112
No one here can beat the sentry. Almost all of them can if they use their powers right.

Slaanesh
No one here can beat the sentry.

if u said Void..i would agree..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Almost all of them can if they use their powers right. How?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, if he was Voided out, maybe, but just regular Sentry is less than impressive than virtually everyone here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He might beat anyone here in a fist fight but World War Hulk is the most useless **** here as he can easily be battle field removed by anyone. Unless of course someone tries to argue that no C.I.S. and restraints means that Hulk would be constantly be jumping up in strength. Pissed off and blood lusted already means his approaching World Breaker levels. He was beyond any Top Tier in terms of physical strength I'd wager.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He might beat anyone here in a fist fight but World War Hulk is the most useless **** here as he can easily be battle field removed by anyone. Unless of course someone tries to argue that no C.I.S. and restraints means that Hulk would be constantly be jumping up in strength. Pissed off and blood lusted already means his approaching World Breaker levels. He was beyond any Top Tier in terms of physical strength I'd wager.

It's not like his partner isn't by FAAAAR the best teleporter here. If Hulk is bfr, Surfer can bring his green ass back.

Slaanesh
BFR and CIS is off..

JakeTheBank
I'd say Thor and BRB are the most dangerous/well rounded with CIS off due to teamwork and then Surfer as they all have methods outside of blowing shit up. CIS off benefits the others to some degree, but not as much as those three.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It's not like his partner isn't by FAAAAR the best teleporter here. If Hulk is bfr, Surfer can bring his green ass back.

With Thor on the field I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. Thor might not be able to travel through time at will anymore but he can still dump anyone practically anywhere through space.

Has the Surfer shown the ability to will back or summon objects etc. from across the Universe or say another dimension like Thor? Interested here.

And since C.I.S. is off, Thor or someone would more than likely just dump him in some black hole or dying Universe. Surfer would be to busy to bring him back immediately. They're like 5 other powerful opponents in the battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd say Thor and BRB are the most dangerous/well rounded with CIS off due to teamwork and then Surfer as they all have methods outside of blowing shit up. CIS off benefits the others to some degree, but not as much as those three.

They are the most dangerous here. Ridiculous amount of power, versatility, and the ability to work well as a team makes them very dangerous.

If Sentry isn't Voided out, Bill and Thor will clean house one team up at a time.

I can see them fighting back to back and just picking away at the others while I can picture a lot of the rest splitting up and just enganing in random one on one matchups.

Black bolt z
BFR and CIS is off.. Well WWH is near WBH levels.His strength is obviously above class 100 and has an insane healing factor.T2 wins.

Sentry might be one of the weak ones here.

Void>>>>>sentry.Sentry is a p u s s y.

JakeTheBank
With CIS off, no one sane will engage WWH in prolonged melee not with a bunch of high end blasters shooting the phuck out of the place.

Bouboumaster
With Thor on the field I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. Thor might not be able to travel through time at will anymore but he can still dump anyone practically anywhere through space.

Has the Surfer shown the ability to will back or summon objects etc. from across the Universe or say another dimension like Thor? Interested here.

And since C.I.S. is off, Thor or someone would more than likely just dump him in some black hole or dying Universe. Surfer would be to busy to bring him back immediately. They're like 5 other powerful opponents in the battle.

He'll just go pick him up and bring him back. And why not teleporting him and himself on the head of Thor, after that?

JakeTheBank
You think Surfer will have the time to support WWH in this fight while dealing with everyone else?

Black bolt z
Can't surfer just have WWH fly on his board and fly into people?While WWH is smacking people surfer is blasting people.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He'll just go pick him up and bring him back. And why not teleporting him and himself on the head of Thor, after that?

Like I said, even if he can do what your claiming, someone like Thor would teleport him into some cosmic event that could kill him. They're would be nothing to get.

Surfer will more than likely be busy with some other opponent to help the Hulk. I envision Thor/Bill taking on the Hulk/Surfer due while Gladiator/Bolt take on Sentry/Prime. I'd say either Bill or Thor teleport the Hulk while the other deals with Surfer and then just double team him from there. At least that's how I picture it going if we subscribe to team matchups.

Blanket
Can't surfer just have WWH fly on his board and fly into people?While WWH is smacking people surfer is blasting people. Was just going to say that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't surfer just have WWH fly on his board and fly into people?While WWH is smacking people surfer is blasting people.

Hulk is limited to close range attacks. I doubt anyone here would resort to that. If Surfer is too busy to protect him, I see him getting battle field removed by everyone besides Sentry and Bolt although the Sentry can teleport.

Edit: I misread the part where you said he flies into people. That definitely helps but I don't think it can prevent someone like Thor from removing him from play.

Slaanesh
Well WWH is near WBH levels.His strength is obviously above class 100 and has an insane healing factor.T2 wins.

Sentry might be one of the weak ones here.

Void>>>>>sentry.Sentry is a p u s s y.

i agree..with his healing factor..he is very hard to put down..and with enough time..he's probably gonna become the strongest here..

Surfer is already the most powerful here..i'm gonna say Surfer will merge with the Hulk like he did Skaar and stomp everyone..gamma + power cosmic = awesomeness..

Blanket
Hulk is limited to close range attacks. I doubt anyone here would resort to that. If Surfer is too busy to protect him, I see him getting battle field removed by everyone besides Sentry and Bolt although the Sentry can teleport. Did you read what he wrote?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If we're allowed to get THAT creative, Thor summons his belt of strength, armor, Skurge's axe, and goes to work.

Blanket
If we're allowed to get THAT creative, Thor summons his belt of strength, armor, Skurge's axe, and goes to work. He summons outside forces with prep time he doesn't have?

Hulk jumps at him and beats him down while he's summoning.

Slaanesh
If we're allowed to get THAT creative, Thor summons his belt of strength, armor, Skurge's axe, and goes to work.

that's an item..not within Thor's powerset..

Blanket
Edit: I misread the part where you said he flies into people. That definitely helps but I don't think it can prevent someone like Thor from removing him from play. Thor not being able to tag a speeding Surfer? No BFR being a stipulation here? Thor not being able to remove a speeding Hulk/Surfer from the battlefield with that sort of precision that even if he could tag them speeding around, that he'd only remove Hulk, and not Surfer?

What are you looking for here?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean not within Thor's powerset? Thor can easily summon his gear. He keeps them in a pocket dimension that he can summon them from at will. Skurge's axe is besides the World Tree but he could summon it like the way he summoned his belt of strength back in the day.

Blanket
What do you mean not within Thor's powerset? Thor can easily summon his gear. He keeps them in a pocket dimension that he can summon them from at will. Skurge's axe is besides the World Tree but he could summon it like the way he summoned his belt of strength back in the day. Hulk beats Thor down while he's summoning these things that fall in outside sources.

In the meantime if Thor's allowed this, Surfer summons Galactus to the thread while he's speeding around being generally unhittable.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blanket
In the meantime, Surfer summons Galactus to the thread while he's speeding around being unhittable.

laughing

It is possible. This should be a thread killer for most Surfer threads.

Slaanesh
What do you mean not within Thor's powerset? Thor can easily summon his gear. He keeps them in a pocket dimension that he can summon them from at will. Skurge's axe is besides the World Tree but he could summon it like the way he summoned his belt of strength back in the day.

that is an item..i'm not talking about Thor ability to summon them..this is a forum fight..Thor can't just get any item he wants to amp himself..he can only use his regular weapon..

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing

It is possible. This should be a thread killer for most Surfer threads.

Is that what his arguing?

I'd think someone would be able to tell the difference than Thor summoning gear (Which he has done when in trouble. More than once. Even in a battle against Loki once.) than summoning freaking Galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
that is an item..i'm not talking about Thor ability to summon them..this is a forum fight..Thor can't just get any item he wants to amp himself..he can only use his regular weapon..

Is it against the rules for someone like Thor to summon equipment in a battle with no C.I.S.?

Just want to know for future references. I don't think that's as bad as making a freaking amalgam.

If you feel so strongly about it, then Thor just gets Bill to toss him his hammer. It wouldn't be the smartest plan, but Thor doesn't need him anyways. stick out tongue

Blanket
Is that what his arguing?

I'd think someone would be able to tell the difference than Thor summoning gear (Which he has done when in trouble. More than once. Even in a battle against Loki once.) than summoning freaking Galactus. There is no difference.

Neither are in this thread. Both are not standard gear. Both can be summoned by... summoning. If that doesn't work Surfer summons the UN. If he can track a dust mote across the universe, he knows where the UN is, amirite?

And everyone in the thread beats the shit out of Thor while he's summoning everything. And then Surfer creates blackholes in Thor's eyes.

Slaanesh
Is it against the rules for someone like Thor to summon equipment in a battle with no C.I.S.?

Just want to know for future references. I don't think that's as bad as making a freaking amalgam.

If you feel so strongly about it, then Thor just gets Bill to toss him his hammer. It wouldn't be the smartest plan, but Thor doesn't need him anyways. stick out tongue

well..i think unless OP state it..then it's standard gear for everyone..

laughing i was just joking with the amalgam..even without CIS..i doubt Surfer would even do that..

would having two hammer amp Thor??it's basically the same thing..the extra hammer won't add anything rite??

Rage.Of.Olympus
There is no difference.

Neither are in this thread. Both are not standard gear. Both can be summoned by... summoning. If that doesn't work Surfer summons the UN. If he can track a dust mote across the universe, he knows where the UN is, amirite?

And everyone in the thread beats the shit out of Thor while he's summoning everything. And then Surfer creates blackholes in Thor's eyes.

no expression

I decided to look at your post for the first time after a while. I regret it already.

Haha. Can you not really see the difference between Thor summoning equipment, something that he has done in battle before against even beings in the Top Tier category, and Surfer summoning Galactus or the Ultimate Nullifier. Seriously....

The only reason I even brought up this tactic as one poster wanted to create a freaking amalgam. I've never considered that as an option (As far as I remember.) even when Thor's stated to have no C.I.S. before for a reason.

Or he you know, could create a vortex to protect himself while his doing it if you really want to go the complete no limitations tourney mode.

Anyways, of to ignore. I know you like to get silly at times, but at least use common sense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well..i think unless OP state it..then it's standard gear for everyone..

laughing i was just joking with the amalgam..even without CIS..i doubt Surfer would even do that..

would having two hammer amp Thor??it's basically the same thing..the extra hammer won't add anything rite??

Okay.

Cool.

You'd think it'd do something like amp it stats but it wouldn't. I'd assume it would give him extra fire power and more ability to multitask though.

Blanket
no expression

I decided to look at your post for the first time after a while. I regret it already.

Haha. Can you not really see the difference between Thor summoning equipment, something that he has done in battle before against even beings in the Top Tier category, and Surfer summoning Galactus or the Ultimate Nullifier. Seriously....

The only reason I even brought up this tactic as one poster wanted to create a freaking amalgam.

Or he you know, could create a vortex to protect himself while his doing it if you really want to go the complete out of this world route.

Anyways, off to ignore. I know you like to get silly at times, but at least use common sense. Good. Maybe if you got out of your clouded Thor vision all the time, you'd use some sense as well. Everything I've said is using the Rage Thor vision of logic, but applied to Surfer.

I do see the difference (except in the UN example). Problem is, neither are allowable through forum rules.
And Surfer has summoned Galactus way more times than Thor has summoned equipment, I can assure you of that.

Yes, and the amalgam was without using outside forces. Of things that have happened before, in battle.

You're already on the out of the world route.

Cool ignore. Maybe then you won't have a sick fascination with me.
The problem, like I said, arrises when you don't use common sense. Oh hell I'll stoop to your level. I'll stoop there, and then run amok.

quanchi112
Yeah, if he was Voided out, maybe, but just regular Sentry is less than impressive than virtually everyone here. He doesn't have to be completely voided out here. He wasn't completely voided out when he bested the MM.

iceman24567
Hulk beats Thor down while he's summoning these things that fall in outside sources.

In the meantime if Thor's allowed this, Surfer summons Galactus to the thread while he's speeding around being generally unhittable. laughing laughing

brownqk
Torn between Team 1 and Team 2...

Black bolt z
Hulk is limited to close range attacks. I doubt anyone here would resort to that. If Surfer is too busy to protect him, I see him getting battle field removed by everyone besides Sentry and Bolt although the Sentry can teleport.

Edit: I misread the part where you said he flies into people. That definitely helps but I don't think it can prevent someone like Thor from removing him from play. BFR is off

CIS is also off so surfer for black holes in everyones eyes trick.No CIS surfer has the possibility to beat thanos.

Joker793
Thor and Bill

Rage.Of.Olympus
BFR is off

CIS is also off so surfer for black holes in everyones eyes trick.No CIS surfer has the possibility to beat thanos.

The ****?! Why the hell didn't anyone point this shit out like two pages ago?

Nova opens a Stargate in his head, Thor creates a thunderstorm in his head, so on and so forth.

This over the top scenarios just take the fun out of shit.

dmills
LOL at Norrin opening black holes in people's eyes. Ok if were going there, then Nova opens stargates people's heads. Team 3 wins.

Naija boy

Nova opens a Stargate in his head, Thor creates a thunderstorm in his head, so on and so forth.

heh, not that i support these over the top ideas, but is there any basis for either Thor or nova being able to create thunderstorms or stargates within peoples heads? I mean at least surfer has outright stated that he CAN do so but chooses not to. Any evidence that Thor or nova are capable of such?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Naija boy
heh, not that i support these over the top ideas, but is there any basis for either Thor or nova being able to create thunderstorms or stargates within peoples heads? I mean at least surfer has outright stated that he CAN do so but chooses not to. Any evidence that Thor or nova are capable of such? Nova opened a stargate within the Sphinxs body.

Omega Vision

Don't forget that WWH bfrs the Universe into the sun FTW.

Rage.Of.Olympus
heh, not that i support these over the top ideas, but is there any basis for either Thor or nova being able to create thunderstorms or stargates within peoples heads? I mean at least surfer has outright stated that he CAN do so but chooses not to. Any evidence that Thor or nova are capable of such?

For Thor? His never done so as far as I know. His never been one for finesse and such like say the Weather Wizard. His more about the raw power. I believe Storm has threatened people by creating storms, tornadoes or something similar in their bodies etc. so I don't see why Thor can't if we're going tourney mode with this shit.

It should be noted, we have seen Thor summon very miniature storms that could squeeze into a body, before.

I don't see why either Nova or Thor couldn't do what I suggested. With the World Mind running the math for Nova, he should be capable of making Stargates inside targets or at least on top of them ala Sphinx style.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Don't forget that WWH bfrs the Universe into the sun FTW.

Or Black Bolt messes with all the electrons etc. in their brains.

How about Gladiator creating mini supernovas ala Superman?

Naija boy
For Thor? His never done so as far as I know. His never been one for finesse and such like say the Weather Wizard. His more about the raw power. I believe Storm has threatened people by creating storms, tornadoes or something similar in their bodies etc. so I don't see why Thor can't if we're going tourney mode with this shit.

It should be noted, we have seen Thor summon very miniature storms that could squeeze into a body, before.

I don't see why either Nova or Thor couldn't do what I suggested. With the World Mind running the math for Nova, he should be capable of making Stargates inside targets or at least on top of them ala Sphinx style.

Well even in "tourney" mode the particular character would have to have some incident in his/her past in which that particular ability was displayed or referenced. Sue Richards can create forcefields inside peoples heads but that doesnt suddenly mean that we can start assuming that other characters who can create forcefields can do the same even if no such thing has ever been suggested on panel in regards to them.

Summoning miniature storms is one thing, but summoning them and causing them to form within a persons bodily organ (such as the eye for instance) is another thing entirely.

For Nova the stargate he summoned seemed as u put it on top of sphinx and not inside one of his bodily organs so im not sure that incident would serve as a basis.

While none of these tactics would likely fly within the VS forum (even in a tourney it would be tough), Surfers is at least is something that he has said he is capable of on panel.

Omega Vision
Or Black Bolt messes with all the electrons etc. in their brains.

How about Gladiator creating mini supernovas ala Superman?
Gladiator copies Superman and sings all the opponents' counter-vibrations.

Black bolt z
Pretty much all of them have their own method of one shotting.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Gladiator copies Superman and sings all the opponents' counter-vibrations.

Bah. Thor counters and finishes off Gladiator with Asgardian rap.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well even in "tourney" mode the particular character would have to have some incident in his/her past in which that particular ability was displayed or referenced. Sue Richards can create forcefields inside peoples heads but that doesnt suddenly mean that we can start assuming that other characters who can create forcefields can do the same even if no such thing has ever been suggested on panel in regards to them.

Summoning miniature storms is one thing, but summoning them and causing them to form within a persons bodily organ (such as the eye for instance) is another thing entirely.

For Nova the stargate he summoned seemed as u put it on top of sphinx and not inside one of his bodily organs so im not sure that incident would serve as a basis.

While none of these tactics would likely fly within the VS forum (even in a tourney it would be tough), Surfers is at least is something that he has said he is capable of on panel.

All Thor needs to do is will the Storm to appear inside someone's body. I don't see the problem. Thor's ability to command the weather are inter dimensional in nature, which is one of the reasons why he can create storms in areas that shouldn't be possible. That's one of the reasons why he'd be superior to say Storm. With no C.I.S. and ask going tourney style, I don't see the problem. It's not beyond his power set, and it's not as if he doesn't have the control. You do have a valid enough point.

It seemed to be either a Stargate that was summoned at the coordinates that Sphinx's body was present or right on top of him. If Worldmind can do the math, Nova should be capable of creating them inside of beings.

Surfer has always been more prone to pull out exotic shit. Mjolnir is a plot device as well. Especially back in the day. Thor could have done damn near anything if the plot called for it. So did Surfer. It's one of the reasons they have a decent amount of one time feats.

Man, I just realized how uncreative a great deal of current writers are.

BattleMage
Surfer beats Thor, And Hulk beats BRB

dmills
Nah, Nova opened the star gate in him. It really doesn't make sense otherwise given the context. At any rate at least we have some type of panel evidence for Nova. All we have is a statement from SS.

dmills
Under PIS free circumstances I think the hammer bros have the best shot. Primarily because they seem to coordinate the best. IMO the teams should be;

Nova/Black Bolt
Hammer bros
SS/Glads
WWH/Sentry

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
Under PIS free circumstances I think the hammer bros have the best shot. Primarily because they seem to coordinate the best. IMO the teams should be;

Nova/Black Bolt
Hammer bros
SS/Glads
WWH/Sentry SS glads would win.

el oh el at Black bolt and nova being on the same team.As awesome as they are IMO they would come in dead last.

quanchi112
BFR is off

CIS is also off so surfer for black holes in everyones eyes trick.No CIS surfer has the possibility to beat thanos. No, he doesn't.Originally posted by Naija boy
heh, not that i support these over the top ideas, but is there any basis for either Thor or nova being able to create thunderstorms or stargates within peoples heads? I mean at least surfer has outright stated that he CAN do so but chooses not to. Any evidence that Thor or nova are capable of such? Rage looks for every ridiculous angle he can find to give Thor an edge because let's face it the man needs one with how he has been portrayed lately.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I suggest you read through the thread. Someone brought up shit like black holes in eyes tactics so I went a little wacky too. I don't think any of them should be doing shit like that though.

Why am I even bothering? This conversation will lead to nothing productive.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

I suggest you read through the thread. Someone brought up shit like black holes in eyes tactics so I went a little wacky too. I don't think any of them should be doing shit like that though.

Why am I even bothering? This conversation will lead to nothing productive. Two wrongs don't make a right. You also think Thor stops time in battle despite him never ever doing so.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did I suggest that this is what would happen etc.? I simply showed that other characters can go the crazy route as well. Arguing about black holes in eyes will simply lead to other crazy scenarios which should all be avoided.

Lol. You mean that other thread? At first I was joking (Hence the smilie.) but your primitive ass quoted me and I went with it.

quanchi112
Did I suggest that this is what would happen etc.? I simply showed that other characters can go the crazy route as well. Arguing about black holes in eyes will simply lead to other crazy scenarios which should all be avoided.

Lol. You mean that other thread? At first I was joking (Hence the smilie.) but your primitive ass quoted me and I went with it. I just think you are better than this. If people start arguing blackholes in his anus the thread will go downhill from there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks Quan. <3

Black bolt z
No, he doesn't. Rage looks for every ridiculous angle he can find to give Thor an edge because let's face it the man needs one with how he has been portrayed lately. Yes he does.IMO a good argument can be made for either side.Surfer always holds back to not holding back he is a beast.Personally I think thanos would take a majority in that fight but surfer would put up a good fight.

@Rage.Obviously things like black holes in eyes and storms in bodys are cheap tactics.They are viable but very cheap.

quanchi112
Thanks Quan. <3 Just trying to be there for ya big guy.

Yes he does.IMO a good argument can be made for either side.Surfer always holds back to not holding back he is a beast.Personally I think thanos would take a majority in that fight but surfer would put up a good fight.

@Rage.Obviously things like black holes in eyes and storms in bodys are cheap tactics.They are viable but very cheap. Unless you can cite comic book instances of the Surfer doing so it's not viable. Surfer has been crushed by Thanos and by Odin and by Tyrant whereas Thanos fared far better than the Surfer because he's well above him.

dmills
Gotta agree with Quan there. Surfer has never even sniffed victory against Thanos. I don't see how anyone could objectively say he could.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer has always been completely ineffective against Thanos. It's actually been quite pathetic.

quanchi112
Gotta agree with Quan there. Surfer has never even sniffed victory against Thanos. I don't see how anyone could objectively say he could. My favorite scene is where Surfer blasts Thanos in his chair and Thanos sits there completely unphased and says, "Are you done."

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that was badass. You know, after you got into Thor, I started re-reading Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, and I started to...like... Thanos. I was even going to make a Thanos sig and everything.

Then I got into a debate with you about Thanos.....

sad

TheTyrant
Hammer bros should easily win this.

quanchi112
Yea, that was badass. You know, after you got into Thor, I started re-reading Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, and I started to...like... Thanos. I was even going to make a Thanos sig and everything.

Then I got into a debate with you about Thanos.....

sad You didn't prevent me from liking Thor but whatevs.

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Hammer bros should easily win this. How can they beat the Sentry?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You didn't prevent me from liking Thor but whatevs.

Yea, but Thor is much more awesome than Thanos.

quanchi112
Yea, but Thor is much more awesome than Thanos. Not even close.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In the words of Brucy: FANBOY!!!1111!!!!!

Gecko4lif
Not even close.
Yeah he kinda is

Mindship
CIS-less Surfer is like a GL power ring: his power/versatility is limited only by the imagination of the writer/poster. Eg, IIRC, Surfer has the ability to imbue others with power cosmic: this would certainly enable WWH to keep pace with the other combatants.

Plus if Surfer amps himself, and/or attacks telekinetically...I mean, where does it end?

If CIS were on, I'd be giving this to Thor and Bill, no question. But with CIS off? This is when one realizes how ridiculously capable Soarin' Norrin is. Hell, he might actually even stay airborne if separated from his board.

sparkleslethalwaveysilversurferbangersparkles

Newjak
I gotta say Hammer Bros. As good as Norin is he also has the least helpful partner here.

Not to mention when you turn on the plot device powers of each to full power it isn't like Thor is far behind the versatility mark with Surfer.

bbrem123
LOL at Norrin opening black holes in people's eyes. Ok if were going there, then Nova opens stargates people's heads. Team 3 wins.

wait did u mean team 4?...im thinking you did lol cuz nova isnt on team 3

dmills
^^^LOL,Yeah, my bad confused

dmills
@Newjak,

Yeah, I don't get why people are under the impression that Thor isn't as versatile as SS? Especially with CIS off. Hell you could make the case that Thor has shown more versatility on panel.

Black bolt z
Just trying to be there for ya big guy.

Unless you can cite comic book instances of the Surfer doing so it's not viable. Surfer has been crushed by Thanos and by Odin and by Tyrant whereas Thanos fared far better than the Surfer because he's well above him. I never said that surfer could beat thanos.I said that no CIS//PIS/Bloodlusted would put up one helluva fight but thanos would still take the majority.Originally posted by quanchi112
My favorite scene is where Surfer blasts Thanos in his chair and Thanos sits there completely unphased and says, "Are you done." I liked that too.

From reading from both I gotta go with quan.Thanos is cooler then thor.

@Newjak.How does he have the least helpful partner here?WWH has already beaten sentry and black bolt.Of course that was non bloodlusted BB.And WWH is always bloodlusted...

dmills
So WWH gets credit for a win over BB when it was in fact a Skrull that he beat?

Newjak

@Newjak.How does he have the least helpful partner here?WWH has already beaten sentry and black bolt.Of course that was non bloodlusted BB.And WWH is always bloodlusted... Because all he has is strength. In reality if most of the people here don't want to engage him then they don't have to.

Not to mention it isn't like Thor or BRB couldn't each take it to him by themselves and get wins.

Hulk just lacks the versatility to be effective here if other teams play it smart or with a killer instinct.

If Surfer tries to take the time to make Hulk more maneuverable he opens himself up to an attack.

Naija boy
@Newjak,

Yeah, I don't get why people are under the impression that Thor isn't as versatile as SS? Especially with CIS off. Hell you could make the case that Thor has shown more versatility on panel.

No u cant.

dmills
@Naija,

What do you mean "No you can't". You act like I said Thor is hands down is more versatile. I merely said one could make the case. And you damned well could.

dmills
Phuck man. Norrin has a few good showings recently and people act like he's Abraxas or some shyte.

Phuck man. Norrin has a few good showings recently and people act like he's Abraxas or some shyte. He's always been highest herald, he's usually not overrated here.

dmills
@753,
If we're at the point where we can't even say you can make a -case- that Thor historically has been just as if not more versatile then Norrin, then that's some serious revisionist history.

Nihilist
@753,
If we're at the point where we can't even say you can make a -case- that Thor historically has been just as if not more versatile, then that some serious revisionist history. You will soon learn Surfer is possibly one of thee most overated guys on this forum.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I won't deny that some people put him on a pedastal at times but he does deserve it to at least some extent. Surfer is one of the most powerful heroes in mainstream comics.

I don't think Thor is as versatile as Norrin. He just doesn't pull out the exotic shit nearly as much as Norrin. Mjolnir can do damn near anything as it's basically a plot device depending on the situation -not unlike the Power Cosmic- which is why I'd put him on Norrin's level, but more versatile? I don't agree.

Originally posted by 753
He's always been highest herald, he's usually not overrated here.

Always been the highest herald?

You haven't been attention to his interactions with Thor have you?

Black bolt z
I won't deny that some people put him on a pedastal at times but he does deserve it to at least some extent. Surfer is one of the most powerful heroes in mainstream comics.

I don't think Thor is as versatile as Norrin. He just doesn't pull out the exotic shit nearly as much as Norrin. Mjolnir can do damn near anything as it's basically a plot device depending on the situation -not unlike the Power Cosmic- which is why I'd put him on Norrin's level, but more versatile? I don't agree.

I could not agree more.

Surfer is the highest herald IMO slightly above supes,thor and such if all powers are allowed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's all a matter of opinion. I personally wouldn't put Norrin above Thor.

He has more raw power, more formidable in an up close physical battle, and just all around more combat oriented in my opinion. Plus his around his level in terms of versatility unless his fighting like a brick.

I see Thor beating Norrin in a fight more often than not. Not as bad as he was in Blood and Thunder though. That shit was just ridiculous.

By all rights, either Thor or Norrin should take it pretty handily against Superman based on their power sets. Won't happen in a comic though. Superman is pretty damn formidable in combat and his sheer raw physical capabilities and creativity make up for his lack of versatility. Still, taking into account C.I.S. etc. I'd give either Thor or Norrin 6-7/10 over Clark but no more.

byrdgang21
The problem with Thor and Surfer is that in comics they are never written at full potential. It can be argued that with Mjolnir and the Power Cosmic that Thor's and Surfers powers are near limitless.

With Thor, the issue is that he is shown to be so proud of a Warrior that he doesnt always use his hammer's more exotic powers outside of lighting attacks and throwing it at people.

And with Surfer he is normally shown as being passive so he rarely ever goes all out nor use his powers that effectively or efficiently.

Bouboumaster

He has more raw power, more formidable in an up close physical battle, and just all around more combat oriented in my opinion. Plus his around his level in terms of versatility unless his fighting like a brick.

I see Thor beating Norrin in a fight more often than not. Not as bad as he was in Blood and Thunder though. That shit was just ridiculous.

By all rights, either Thor or Norrin should take it pretty handily against Superman based on their power sets. Won't happen in a comic though. Superman is pretty damn formidable in combat and his sheer raw physical capabilities and creativity make up for his lack of versatility. Still, taking into account C.I.S. etc. I'd give either Thor or Norrin 6-7/10 over Clark but no more.

The difference is that Surfer have the Cosmic Awarness. Which isn't Thor's case. Som even if Thor has the ability to pwn Sups easely, he wouldn't know about the weaknesses. On the other hand, Surfer does.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The difference is that Surfer have the Cosmic Awarness. Which isn't Thor's case. Som even if Thor has the ability to pwn Sups easely, he wouldn't know about the weaknesses. On the other hand, Surfer does.

Thor doesn't have to resort to Red Solar Radiation or Kryptonite. Energy absorption would be sufficient. It is common knowledge that Superman get's his powers from the Sun.

And while we are on the topic, Thor has superhuman senses, and an uncanny ability to sense different things, such as people he want's to find, whether or not someone's watching him, future calamities etc.

Naija boy
@753,
If we're at the point where we can't even say you can make a -case- that Thor historically has been just as if not more versatile then Norrin, then that's some serious revisionist history.

lol, nonsense. Thor over his history has definitely been shown to manifest his "versatility" on panel less than norrin. Mjolnir is a plot device like the PC but thor is notorious for fighting like a brick. This is a fact that even the biggest thor fans can acknowledge.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Thor tends to fight like a brick. Whether it's due to plot or C.I.S. doesn't change the fact that it's what he does.

Personally, I don't doubt that if you put Thor in say the same situation that Norrin has been in when his pulled out some high level exotic/versatile shit, he'd be just as successful as Norrin in accomplishing the goal. Mjolnir is just so ill-defined that the writer can do it if he/she wants without raising any eyebrows.

Thor's character is simply more battle/combat oriented so he doesn't end up in said situations. Stan/Kirby wrote a pretty versatile Thor. He used to just pull powers out of his ass when the situation called for it. He seemed to be more versatile when he was out in space or Asgard facing random foes back than on Earth back in the day.

Naija boy

i disagree on some parts (mainly the result of the fight.lol), but this is indeed reasonable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks.

And despite the fact that your hard for a Silver eunuch, I'll always love you.

Always been the highest herald?

You haven't been attention to his interactions with Thor have you? Yes I have. They don't change my opinion on the matter one bit all things considered.

@753,
If we're at the point where we can't even say you can make a -case- that Thor historically has been just as if not more versatile then Norrin, then that's some serious revisionist history. I never said one couldn't possibly make a case that Thor is as versatile as the SS. But I don't think he is, I also recognize the difference in versatilty (considering all the powers they've ever used) isn't all that big. But surfer is more prone to use his versatility both in and out of combat situations.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cool.

Cool. They are roughly on the same level though, looking down on superman.

dmills
@753,

We're in agreement for the most part. My comments weren't directed at you, just me speaking generally.

@Rage,
You of all people know what Thor has done on panel versatility wise historically.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
They are roughly on the same level though, looking down on superman.

Shokosagi would beg to differ! laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
They are roughly on the same level though, looking down on superman.

Clark **** like Philo would beg to differ.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage,
You of all people know what Thor has done on panel versatility wise historically.

I do.

The fact remains that Thor doesn't pull out the exotic shit as much as as Norrin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Yeah he kinda is Iyo which is wrong.

I never said that surfer could beat thanos.I said that no CIS//PIS/Bloodlusted would put up one helluva fight but thanos would still take the majority. I liked that too.

From reading from both I gotta go with quan.Thanos is cooler then thor.

@Newjak.How does he have the least helpful partner here?WWH has already beaten sentry and black bolt.Of course that was non bloodlusted BB.And WWH is always bloodlusted... No, it wouldn't even be a close fight and if you read their fights you'd realize this.

@Naija,

What do you mean "No you can't". You act like I said Thor is hands down is more versatile. I merely said one could make the case. And you damned well could. Nah, Surfer has him beat in versatility hands down.

Black bolt z
Iyo which is wrong.

No, it wouldn't even be a close fight and if you read their fights you'd realize this.

Nah, Surfer has him beat in versatility hands down.

IMO surfer using all his exotic power and not holding back would give thanos one helluva fight but thanos would still win.Surfer always fight defensivly,never uses all of his abilities,never goes for the kill,and just all in all never fights to the best of his abilities.Going up against thanos surfer has a good chance but IMO surfer has a chance.

Not hands down.Either can really use their powers for everything though.But thor tends to hold back a little less so IMO surfer would win a fight.

quanchi112
IMO surfer using all his exotic power and not holding back would give thanos one helluva fight but thanos would still win.Surfer always fight defensivly,never uses all of his abilities,never goes for the kill,and just all in all never fights to the best of his abilities.Going up against thanos surfer has a good chance but IMO surfer has a chance.

Not hands down.Either can really use their powers for everything though.But thor tends to hold back a little less so IMO surfer would win a fight. So this is another case where you dismiss both of the characters showings and comparisons and pretend the Surfer can challenge him.

You need to read their encounters because it's clear Surfer has no chance.

brownqk
SS, as much as I like him, has no chance against Thanos; every ability SS has, Thanos seems to have in greater quantities and he's smarter too. Thanos has never even broken a sweat beating Norrin.

Anyways...As far as the topic is concerned, SS and WWH take this, though the Hammer Bros are a close 2nd IMO...

quanchi112
Originally posted by brownqk
SS, as much as I like him, has no chance against Thanos; every ability SS has, Thanos seems to have in greater quantities and he's smarter too.

As far as the topic is concerned, SS and WWH take this, though the Hammer Bros are a close 2nd IMO... None of these guys can beat the Sentry though.

Slaanesh
None of these guys can beat the Sentry though.

WWH shows that Sentry energy can be burn out..i don't see why Surfer or Thor couldn't do the same..

Rage.Of.Olympus

That depends on what level the Sentry is at. If his in regular hero mode, even you must realize that he far from unbeatable.

JakeTheBank

Do you mean individually or like combined?

quanchi112
WWH shows that Sentry energy can be burn out..i don't see why Surfer or Thor couldn't do the same.. Because he felt guilty and wanted to lose. It's obvious the only way to beat the guy is to make him allow you to.

That depends on what level the Sentry is at. If his in regular hero mode, even you must realize that he far from unbeatable. At his best levels I don't think anyone can beat him here.

Do you mean individually or like combined? None of these teams could beat him.

JakeTheBank
None of these teams could beat him.

Ok, but do you mean like each team would fail against him like 2 on 1, or did you mean like all the teams combined here couldn't beat him if they attacked him?

Rage.Of.Olympus
At his best levels I don't think anyone can beat him here.

That depends on what you mean by best levels. If at best levels you consider him going black eyed, and tapping into the Void, then he should be the most powerful on the field. He beat Molecule Man in that state. However, even at that level, Thor was going toe to toe with him. That's understandable though. High Heralds have incredibly high level of showings at times. The time Thor took on the Celestials, took on Odin or ran off Galactus etc. come to mind.

If at best, it's him in hero mode, i.e being able to project energy and hit things very hard ala World War Hulk, beings as powerful as Thor etc. should beat him.

Slaanesh
Because he felt guilty and wanted to lose. It's obvious the only way to beat the guy is to make him allow you to.

i think it's only true for dying..he can't die unless he want to..not that he can't be beat if he doesn't want too..

quanchi112
Ok, but do you mean like each team would fail against him like 2 on 1, or did you mean like all the teams combined here couldn't beat him if they attacked him? At his best he could take them all on and win.

That depends on what you mean by best levels. If at best levels you consider him going black eyed, and tapping into the Void, then he should be the most powerful on the field. He beat Molecule Man in that state. However, even at that level, Thor was going toe to toe with him. That's understandable though. High Heralds have incredibly high level of showings at times. The time Thor took on the Celestials, took on Odin or ran off Galactus etc. come to mind.

If at best, it's him in hero mode, i.e being able to project energy and hit things very hard ala World War Hulk, beings as powerful as Thor etc. should beat him. Thor had aid, and wasn't going toe to toe with him, he was easily restrained while he tore asgard down. Sentry was far more than Thor and you know it.

Thor's attacks can't put him down only destroy his body and he will be weakened from the blasts.

i think it's only true for dying..he can't die unless he want to..not that he can't be beat if he doesn't want too.. No, it's true about everything he can lower his power just like anything else based on his mindset.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor had aid, and wasn't going toe to toe with him, he was easily restrained while he tore asgard down. Sentry was far more than Thor and you know it.

erm Aid from who?

Yes he was. Read their entire battle.

Easily restrained? Thor destroyed the shell of the Sentry, and the Sentry attacked, grabbing him in a tentacle while Thor seemed to be surprised. It lasted for a single panel, then the Void punched Thor, and then flew away. That incident lasted for like a few seconds tops. Void grabbed him in a tentacle at the end of Siege #4 and it didn't stop him. Clearly Thor wasn't exactly helpless.

Not according to their fight.

quanchi112
erm Aid from who?

Yes he was. Read their entire battle.

Easily restrained? Thor destroyed the shell of the Sentry, and the Sentry attacked, grabbing him in a tentacle while Thor seemed to be surprised. It lasted for a single panel, then the Void punched Thor, and then flew away. That incident lasted for like a few seconds tops. Void grabbed him in a tentacle at the end of Siege #4 and it didn't stop him. Clearly Thor wasn't exactly helpless.

Not according to their fight. Loki, the avengers, norn stones, etc.

A kree gun wecked his head and destroying his body gets you nowhere. He voided out while wrecking asgard while holding off Thor.

Yes, and according to the writer and the entire arc. Sentry is more powerful than Thor by a country mile.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki, the avengers, norn stones, etc.

A kree gun wecked his head and destroying his body gets you nowhere. He voided out while wrecking asgard while holding off Thor.

Yes, and according to the writer and the entire arc. Sentry is more powerful than Thor by a country mile.

erm

I'm talking about Sentry while tapping into the Void. Not full on Void. He had no help during that fight.

The Sentry while Voided out grabbed him for a panel, punched him, then flew away to destroy Asgard. Thor wasn't attacking him while he flew through Asgard.

Hero Sentry is not far more powerful than Thor. He isn't even more powerful. Hero Sentry has limits.

Not really. Thor easily dealt with the Sentry in the first issue, and was going toe to toe with Voided out Sentry although he had the edge in the end. Full on Void should without a doubt be more powerful than Thor. At the very least on average.

quanchi112
erm

I'm talking about Sentry while tapping into the Void. Not full on Void. He had no help during that fight.

The Sentry while Voided out grabbed him for a panel, punched him, then flew away to destroy Asgard. Thor wasn't attacking him while he flew through Asgard.

Hero Sentry is not far more powerful than Thor. He isn't even more powerful. Hero Sentry has limits.

Not really. Thor easily dealt with the Sentry in the first issue, and was going toe to toe with Voided out Sentry although he had the edge in the end. Full on Void should without a doubt be more powerful than Thor. At the very least on average. Yes, he was still 90 percent Void during the latter part of the dark avengers.

Sentry is just as powerful as the Void though not anywhere near as ruthless.

Sentry/Void are far more powerful than Thor. It's been stated enough times about his power levels. Thor just doesn't compare.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, he was still 90 percent Void during the latter part of the dark avengers.

Sentry is just as powerful as the Void though not anywhere near as ruthless.

Sentry/Void are far more powerful than Thor. It's been stated enough times about his power levels. Thor just doesn't compare.

I'm confused. What exactly are you addressing? And where was it shown or stated he was 90% Void at the end of the Dark Avengers? He was either regular Sentry, partial Voided out, or full on Void.

When stressed out and having a Void moment under Bendis, but other than that, no. His basically another high herald. Even under Bendis, when his eyes blacked out, and he defeated Molecule Man, the Sentry persona did not remember anything of what happened. Completely different power levels between hero/brick mode Sentry, and even Voided out Sentry. Heck, just look at the difference between his interactions with Thor. It progressively showed an increase in power.

1) Sentry in hero mode vs. Thor - He got knocked away like a pest.
2) Voided out Sentry vs. Thor - He was going toe to toe and even had Thor on the ropes.
3) Full on Void vs. Thor - He was above Thor in power.

I don't know how anyone can deny there's a difference in power between the two.

The modern continuity Void is more powerful than Thor but the Sentry isn't. Statements don't mean much, and while were on the topic, what statements specifically?

Sure he does.

quanchi112
I'm confused. What exactly are you addressing? And where was it shown or stated he was 90% Void at the end of the Dark Avengers? He was either regular Sentry, partial Voided out, or full on Void.

When stressed out and having a Void moment under Bendis, but other than that, no. His basically another high herald. Even under Bendis, when his eyes blacked out, and he defeated Molecule Man, the Sentry persona did not remember anything of what happened. Completely different power levels between hero/brick mode Sentry, and even Voided out Sentry. Heck, just look at the difference between his interactions with Thor. It progressively showed an increase in power.

1) Sentry in hero mode vs. Thor - He got knocked away like a pest.
2) Voided out Sentry vs. Thor - He was going toe to toe and even had Thor on the ropes.
3) Full on Void vs. Thor - He was above Thor in power.

I don't know how anyone can deny there's a difference in power between the two.

The modern continuity Void is more powerful than Thor but the Sentry isn't. Statements don't mean much, and while were on the topic, what statements specifically?

Sure he does. He was partial Void and was still the Sentry.

The power levels are the same it's his mindset which limits him. Sentry at his best though to me is still with the Void calling the shots. it wasn't 100 percent Void which appeared at the end of siege so it still counts for the Sentry as well.

1)It was still Sentry with a strng hint o fthe void and he got knocked away while Thor got crushed before inferior opponents and he was talked down to by norman on his home turf on tv.

2)He crushed asgard while he easily restrained Thor which proves he can have his way with Thor and still dominate asgard at the same time.

3)Sentry and Void are both above Thor in power.

Statements made during siege, secret invasion bios, etc. all put the Sentry/Void on a much higher level than Thor.

Black bolt z
So this is another case where you dismiss both of the characters showings and comparisons and pretend the Surfer can challenge him.

You need to read their encounters because it's clear Surfer has no chance. How am I dismissing showings?I know surfer is nothing to regular thanos.But that surfer isn't going all out.Full going out surfer would give thanos a fight but thanos would still win.Thanos is simply above surfer.I know that but you make it seem like surfer was fighting to the best of his abilities.

IMO regular sentry(non voided)is above thor in power but because of his persona wouldn't beat him in a fight.But even partialy voided out IMO he would beat thor.

T2 FTW.

quanchi112
How am I dismissing showings?I know surfer is nothing to regular thanos.But that surfer isn't going all out.Full going out surfer would give thanos a fight but thanos would still win.Thanos is simply above surfer.I know that but you make it seem like surfer was fighting to the best of his abilities.

IMO regular sentry(non voided)is above thor in power but because of his persona wouldn't beat him in a fight.But even partialy voided out IMO he would beat thor.

T2 FTW. You have to prove Surfer never went all out against Thanos already for anyone to even take your points seriously.

Thanos is far too powerful for it to matter and when he connects Surfer goes down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was partial Void and was still the Sentry.

The power levels are the same it's his mindset which limits him. Sentry at his best though to me is still with the Void calling the shots. it wasn't 100 percent Void which appeared at the end of siege so it still counts for the Sentry as well.

1)It was still Sentry with a strng hint o fthe void and he got knocked away while Thor got crushed before inferior opponents and he was talked down to by norman on his home turf on tv.

2)He crushed asgard while he easily restrained Thor which proves he can have his way with Thor and still dominate asgard at the same time.

3)Sentry and Void are both above Thor in power.

Statements made during siege, secret invasion bios, etc. all put the Sentry/Void on a much higher level than Thor.

You mean Voided out Sentry? When his eyes turn black etc.? No percentage was given as far as I know. Speculation on your part. And like I said, even when he tapped into the Void to defeat Molecule Man, when he became just the Sentry, he didn't remember anything as far as I recall. The Sentry persona was a bit useless and naive under Bendis at times. It was when he was tapping into the Void that he was formidable. How can you deny that there is a power gap between regular hero Sentry and the Void? Christ, we've actually seen him burnout against Green Scar, and get knocked away by Thor.

What the **** are you talking about? At the end of Siege the Void persona had completely taken over. Bob Reynolds regained control after Thor and the Helicarrier knocked him for a loop.

1) It was the Sentry's form with the Void heavily influencing him as he had become the dominant persona but that's all. There was still a power gap until the Void literally started to show as evident by the fact that Thor casually knocked him away.

2) So you didn't actually read Siege #3. Good to know.

3) Not the Sentry. Hell, Thor was going toe to toe with the Sentry while tapping into the Void. Clearly the gap is not as large as you want it to be.

laughing out loud

Ohoho. So we're going by statements now.

Nate Grey stated that a rogue Thor took on both him and the Sentry.

Nick Fury stated that Thor would handle the Sentry.

Marvel released a guide/bio to Siege where Victoria Hand analyzed all the key players, and according to her, it would take more than the Sentry to bring Thor down. It would take the combined efforts of all their most powerful resources to take Thor down. We all know how big you are on bios etc.

Every comment I've read made in regards to Thor vs. the Sentry leading up to Siege leads me to believe that Thor can take the Sentry and is more than likely above him which is directly shown in #1.

How the hell can you deny that there is a gap between hero mode Sentry and the Void? Are you really that thick headed Quan?

dmills
I also remember Sentry getting owned hard by female Ultron until he Voided out. The phucker actually started to rip apart Adamantium!

quanchi112
You mean Voided out Sentry? When his eyes turn black etc.? No percentage was given as far as I know. Speculation on your part. And like I said, even when he tapped into the Void to defeat Molecule Man, when he became just the Sentry, he didn't remember anything as far as I recall. The Sentry persona was a bit useless and naive under Bendis at times. It was when he was tapping into the Void that he was formidable. How can you deny that there is a power gap between regular hero Sentry and the Void? Christ, we've actually seen him burnout against Green Scar, and get knocked away by Thor.

What the **** are you talking about? At the end of Siege the Void persona had completely taken over. Bob Reynolds regained control after Thor and the Helicarrier knocked him for a loop.

1) It was the Sentry's form with the Void heavily influencing him as he had become the dominant persona but that's all. There was still a power gap until the Void literally started to show as evident by the fact that Thor casually knocked him away.

2) So you didn't actually read Siege #3. Good to know.

3) Not the Sentry. Hell, Thor was going toe to toe with the Sentry while tapping into the Void. Clearly the gap is not as large as you want it to be.

laughing out loud

Ohoho. So we're going by statements now.

Nate Grey stated that a rogue Thor took on both him and the Sentry.

Nick Fury stated that Thor would handle the Sentry.

Marvel released a guide/bio to Siege where Victoria Hand analyzed all the key players, and according to her, it would take more than the Sentry to bring Thor down. It would take the combined efforts of all their most powerful resources to take Thor down. We all know how big you are on bios etc.

Every comment I've read made in regards to Thor vs. the Sentry leading up to Siege leads me to believe that Thor can take the Sentry and is more than likely above him which is directly shown in #1.

How the hell can you deny that there is a gap between hero mode Sentry and the Void? Are you really that thick headed Quan? Because it's the same character and he's limited by his mindset and guilt. Sentry felt guilt for tearing up the city and letting go against the WW Hulk so he allowed himself to be ko'd. Brevoort also confirmed they have the same power it's just Void is more ruthless and dangerous. If Sentry didn't have the guilt and what not he'd be just as dangerous.

Only when he completely turned into the Void was he Voided out all the way. Prior to that there was still a hint of the Sentry in there.

1)No, there wasn't. His most impressive feat was against the MM anyways and that's prior to being Voided out all the way.

2)Here's him bringing down asgard while Thor looks helpless, scared, and shocked at the power at the Sentry's command. Sentry>>>Thor. Look at the poor guy and look at the fear in his eyes while the Sentry crushes his home.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_024-1.jpg

3.)Sentry wasn't even taxed or pressed by Thor he overcame him and crushed asgard to boot. That's just domination.

That's off panel and Sentry's power level has proven to be far above Thor on panel and confirmed by statements.

We saw Nick Fury was wrong. Laughs.

We saw the ufoes take him down along with Osborne. Hahahahaha. Thor went down in the actual comic by far less.

Tom b. disagrees as does common sense but hey it's rage it's that kid who pretends Thor is skyfather level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I also remember Sentry getting owned hard by female Ultron until he Voided out. The phucker actually started to rip apart Adamantium!

She wasn't made out of actual solid Adamantium as I recall. She had a hard malleable body. Similar to the robot from Terminator 2.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because it's the same character and he's limited by his mindset and guilt. Sentry felt guilt for tearing up the city and letting go against the WW Hulk so he allowed himself to be ko'd. Brevoort also confirmed they have the same power it's just Void is more ruthless and dangerous. If Sentry didn't have the guilt and what not he'd be just as dangerous.

Whatever reason you want to use, there is a legit difference between Sentry and the Void. There's no denying this.

Yea, I doubt that was what Pak was thinking when he wrote that scene. He didn't allow himself to get knocked out. When he tells Bruce thank you, he says it because the Green Scar finally allowed him to go all out and unleash his power. Something that's his never been able to do before in modern continuity etc. I thought it was fairly obvious after re-reading the event.

Haha, why the hell do I care what Brevoort says or thinks? He isn't all knowing. Shit, he thinks Thor can't perform Surgery and Thor/Ares have never had a fight before.

Only when he completely turned into the Void was he Voided out all the way. Prior to that there was still a hint of the Sentry in there.

If there was a hint of Reynolds in there, it wasn't seen much outside of the physical form of the Sentry. He'd become nothing more than a weapon that Osborn pointed at at what he wanted to destroy.

1)No, there wasn't. His most impressive feat was against the MM anyways and that's prior to being Voided out all the way.

What do you mean no there wasn't? There was a legit power gap between the Sentry that attacked Thor in Siege #1 and the Sentry who attacked Thor in Siege #3.

Like I said before, that was the Sentry being influenced by the Void persona. When Reynolds took over, he didn't even know what was happening.

2)Here's him bringing down asgard while Thor looks helpless, scared, and shocked at the power at the Sentry's command. Sentry>>>Thor. Look at the poor guy and look at the fear in his eyes while the Sentry crushes his home.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_024-1.jpg

You claimed this:

He crushed asgard while he easily restrained Thor which proves he can have his way with Thor and still dominate asgard at the same time.

That's not what happened there. And your skewered perception of the said moment is amusing.

3.)Sentry wasn't even taxed or pressed by Thor he overcame him and crushed asgard to boot. That's just domination.

Read their entire fight. It was not a domination for the Sentry.

That's off panel and Sentry's power level has proven to be far above Thor on panel and confirmed by statements.

We saw Nick Fury was wrong. Laughs.

We saw the ufoes take him down along with Osborne. Hahahahaha. Thor went down in the actual comic by far less.

Tom b. disagrees as does common sense but hey it's rage it's that kid who pretends Thor is skyfather level.

laughing out loud

Your self serving logic is the reason why it's pointless to argue with you but at the same time why I argue with you in the first place and don't just put you on ignore. It's amusing.

Really? I'd say we saw Nick Fury was right.

Lmao. Your not very good at riling people up Quan.

What the **** do I care what Tom Breevort thinks? And going by his statements and your claims, Green Scar could take on Void since they're the same character and have the same amount of power available.

dmills
@Quan,
I gotta call PIS on that and I'm not even a huge Thor fan. We've seen Thor take on much more powerful foes then Bob and yet we're supposed to believe he shytes himself over the Void? No.

dmills
Can someone post scans of Thor trying to fight the Celestials? I want to see if he was looking helpless and scared shyteless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Quan,
I gotta call PIS on that and I'm not even a huge Thor fan. We've seen Thor take on much more powerful foes then Bob and yet we're supposed to believe he shytes himself over the Void? No.

It was shock and surprise. At least in my opinion. He took on the Void completely unleashed without flincing or slowing down.

I could probably ask Bendis to make sure.

Can someone post scans of Thor trying to fight the Celestials? I want to see if he was looking helpless and scared shyteless.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials4.jpg

quanchi112
Whatever reason you want to use, there is a legit difference between Sentry and the Void. There's no denying this.

Yea, I doubt that was what Pak was thinking when he wrote that scene. He didn't allow himself to get knocked out. When he tells Bruce thank you, he says it because the Green Scar finally allowed him to go all out and unleash his power. Something that's his never been able to do before in modern continuity etc. I thought it was fairly obvious after re-reading the event.

Haha, why the hell do I care what Brevoort says or thinks? He isn't all knowing. Shit, he thinks Thor can't perform Surgery and Thor/Ares have never had a fight before.

If there was a hint of Reynolds in there, it wasn't seen much outside of the physical form of the Sentry. He'd become nothing more than a weapon that Osborn pointed at at what he wanted to destroy.

What do you mean no there wasn't? There was a legit power gap between the Sentry that attacked Thor in Siege #1 and the Sentry who attacked Thor in Siege #3.

Like I said before, that was the Sentry being influenced by the Void persona. When Reynolds took over, he didn't even know what was happening.

You claimed this:

That's not what happened there. And your skewered perception of the said moment is amusing.

Read their entire fight. It was not a domination for the Sentry.

laughing out loud

Your self serving logic is the reason why it's pointless to argue with you but at the same time why I argue with you in the first place and don't just put you on ignore. It's amusing.

Really? I'd say we saw Nick Fury was right.

Lmao. Your not very good at riling people up Quan.

What the **** do I care what Tom Breevort thinks? And going by his statements and your claims, Green Scar could take on Void since they're the same character and have the same amount of power available. No, he thanked him for knocking him out since it was rather obvious Sentry became the threat and not the hulk in this scene.

Of course you don't care what he thinks or anyone else save yourself because you live in your own world. Tom B agrees with me.

He was still the Sentry with the Void being dominant until he went all Void after he wrecked asgard.

No, there wasn't. Sentry flew into him and was knocked off. Sentry then tore ares in half and it was the same sentry. I mean even you can't believe he changed this much it's obvious he went all Void but even before that he was still sonning people in half and was still dangerous. If Thor managed to stay on his feet longer than 30 seconds he'd have felt the wrath of the Sentry sooner.

Yes, he was being influenced but he also was at the beginning of siege and at the end of the dark avengers so it was still the sentry and he is still as powerful as he was at the end though he was being more ruthless and became completely unhinged.

That is what happened as the scan clearly shows. Sentry had the Void come out in had nothing to do with Thor or his attacks when he lost it the tentacles came out. Thor looked scared and was helpless and he looked quite pathetic before the might of the Sentry. I've never seen him so scared before that I can recall.

Thor failed at doing anything significant in terms of damage to the Sentry and then got loads of uber help after he destroyed asgard. Sentry's far above Thor and even asgard itself. I can't recall a character who has put a stamp on asgard like he did. he killed his brother and wrecked the entire place.

Nick Fury wasn't right because we saw an entire avengers team take him on and fail miserably on top of Loki. Void lost when he wanted to be put down. Nothing more.

No, Green Scar couldn't because the Void wouldn't want to be put down by his actions against the WW Hulk or was he as ruthless.

@Quan,
I gotta call PIS on that and I'm not even a huge Thor fan. We've seen Thor take on much more powerful foes then Bob and yet we're supposed to believe he shytes himself over the Void? No. That's irrelevant to this showing of Thor. You can't say Thor wasn't scared of a Celestial so this showing doesn't count. Different writer different scenario.

dmills
@Rage,

Yep. Looks scared to me :sarcasm:

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>