Would you be open to a "Marvel vs. DC" game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
I've seen the new trailer for Marvel vs. CapCom 3, have seen gameplay of both Ultimate Alliance games, MK vs. DC, and a few other comic-book adapted titles. Why don't they just make a Marvel vs. DC game, or a more extensive MU or DCU game?

Anybody remember this from 2001?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17752/613772-x_men___next_dimension_coverart_large.jpg

It didn't have alot of characters and, obviously, was limited to the X-Men mythos. I'd like to be able to fight as the Avengers, FF, and other known characters too. What about DC characters?

The reason I like that particular X-Men game is because it allows you to fight as someone like Beast and it shows his proficiency in unarmed combat; it's amazing. Obviously, limited to his showing in combat from the books, it'd appear that he sucks. I look pre-mature when people ask what feats does Beast have and I direct them to a video game. But, hey, he's amazing in there and it wouldn't be hard to see him doing that in the books.

When I heard that MK vs. DC came out I was like, cool, but then not so cool. For example, Sonya Blade vs. Wonder Woman? sick Not fair. Superman vs. Johnny Cage? Joker vs. Sub-Zero? Why didn't they just do Marvel vs. DC?

Everyone wants to see Cap vs. Batman, Cap vs. Wolverine, Thor vs. Superman, Green Lantern vs. Silver Surfer, Wolverine vs. Hulk, etc.

Would the two companies not be excited enough to do it. Seems to me like they'd make a HUGE profit off the game. I don't even have a PS3(which currently costs, more or less, $300) and if they came out with something like this I'd be off to the store right then and there or atleast start saving up in my piggy bank.

I hate the gameplay of X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Let's just keep it with a fighting engine. Doesn't have to be as bloody or gory as the MK games but atleast make it borderline. Would love to experiment with all of the different costumes.

It also shouldn't be as limited as a MK game. Why not like the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi games?

Thoughts? Anyone else feel this way?

Omega Vision
I'd play it. But then I have low standards when it comes to fighting games.

Entity
The problem is the majority of DC characters are just greatly over powering in comparison to the Marvel ones. But thats part of what appeals to me about Marvel they aren't all gods in terms of power like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel, Dr Fate, Firestorm, Captain Atom and so on...

Thats why I really hated the MK game and I tend to love the MK games. I own all of them. But it jus seemed retarded to put Joker or Johnny Cage againist Captain Marvel, Flash or Superman and Green Lantern fighting mainly with hand to hand combat is jus idiotic. I always believed a Marvel vs Mortal Kombat woulda been much much more interesting considering the better number of street levelers and martial artist. Daredevil, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Black Panther, Wolverine, Dead Pool, Elecktra, and so on.

BruceSkywalker
i'd buy it if it were to happen

JakeTheBank
The reasoning why Superman could fight MK characters and get his ass beat was because the merging of the realms really skewed people's powersets to hell. I mean, Joker was kicking people's asses left and right till he got tazed (lol worthy cutscene, btw). In terms of storyline, it made sense to me.

A video game is certainly possible in all honesty. Take a look at WizKids Games, a miniature table top gaming company. They make HeroClix, a game in which players collect and battle various comic book characters from both Marvel and DC. The two companies are able to co-exist in the game and it's even encouraged to mix and match characters from each universe to build a team worthy of playing competitively.

If both companies could reign in the egos and come to an agreement as far as advertisement and profit made, such a project could definitely work, especially if the outcome over which universe is "better" is left in the hands of the fans themselves while playing the game.

BlackZero30x
I would be sooo extremely happy about this.....the proper char list would make it the greatest fighting game ever probably.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Entity
The problem is the majority of DC characters are just greatly over powering in comparison to the Marvel ones. But thats part of what appeals to me about Marvel they aren't all gods in terms of power like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel, Dr Fate, Firestorm, Captain Atom and so on...

Thats why I really hated the MK game and I tend to love the MK games. I own all of them. But it jus seemed retarded to put Joker or Johnny Cage againist Captain Marvel, Flash or Superman and Green Lantern fighting mainly with hand to hand combat is jus idiotic. I always believed a Marvel vs Mortal Kombat woulda been much much more interesting considering the better number of street levelers and martial artist. Daredevil, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Black Panther, Wolverine, Dead Pool, Elecktra, and so on.
DC has a paucity of good Low to Mid Meta characters. Most of its characters are either streetlevelers or Mid-High Heralds.

willRules
Beast was the best character in that game yes

Darth Martin
Beast was awesome because they showed how dangerous and skillful he can be in H2H combat. I notion everyone who claims "Beast sucks at H2H/melee combat" to play that game.

marwash22
Yes. But better yet, I'd love to see an animated feature done by an authorized, well informed, unbiased third party.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
Yes. But better yet, I'd love to see an animated feature done by an authorized, well informed, unbiased third party.
I'd love to see a DCAU/Marvel crossover movie.

Starscream M
as long as capcom makes it, it will be good. anyone else and it will be crap.

Konton
Screw capcom.

Arc System Works please.

roughrider
No...God,this would stir up the threads to unbearable lengths, to have a regular Marvel vs. DC war going on.

Darth Martin
Video Game>Animated Crossover Film

Deadline
If they made it into an MMO that would be absolutely sick.

steverules_2
I've always thought to myself that a Marvel vs DC game should be made, playing as wolverine and beating up supes would be kinda fun in my opinion haermm

Digi
edited the thread title as requested

marwash22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Video Game>Animated Crossover Film sneer

Warlord
there is no common (or commic logic) in video games so people shouldn't get bothered with this.

I used to beat Shuma Gorah's ass with captain America in "Marvel Super Heroes" by Konami IIRC.

A Marvel vs DC???
I'd buy it at once if they ever did it (I'd like it 2d though)

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by roughrider
No...God,this would stir up the threads to unbearable lengths, to have a regular Marvel vs. DC war going on.

You have a point. Check out Mugen videos on Youtube. There is always a "OMGz HOWZ FUGGEN RETARD WONDER WOMAN CANT FIGTH HULK SHES A GIRL" comments.

Now, imagine if the game was real?

Darth Martin
I don't see the big deal. So people think WW can't fight Hulk. I didn't hear much complaints when Joker was killing Sub-Zero or any other Mortal Kombat martial artists, who he should have no chance against. Not saying he can't fight, but fighting is what these guys do.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I don't see the big deal. So people think WW can't fight Hulk. I didn't hear much complaints when Joker was killing Sub-Zero or any other Mortal Kombat martial artists, who he should have no chance against. Not saying he can't fight, but fighting is what these guys do.
In the game it was explained that he was drawing uber powers from the rage. Deathstroke himself said "since when can you fight?" after Joker beat Sonya.

Blanket
lol at the mention of power levels in a fighting game. Jesus...

Also no, I hate Marvel and DC.
Image vs Darkhorse is the game for me. Hopefully they depower Spawn though so the game makes sense!

Warlord
Originally posted by Blanket
lol at the mention of power levels in a fighting game. Jesus...

this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.