Dumbest Fictional Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
As more games come out, so does religious nonsense. So I'm asking you guys, which of these fictional religions do you think is the dumbest?

Peach
Just so you know, GK and I are going to be watching this thread like hawks to make sure nothing ugly breaks out. At the first sign of trouble, it will be closed.

Also, I had to fix the thread title, it was making me cringe ermm

Phanteros
Good we don't want any real religion brought up.

MooCowofJustice
The one from Devil May Cry 4.

That ACDC Chick
Unitology from Dead Space
i still have no ****ing idea what its supposed to be about awesrug

Mandrag Ganon
I liked the Covenant, Daedric worship, and the Rapture Family.

And Children of Atom was supposed to seem ridiculous, I think.

SaTsuJiN
what is the lore on the covenant religion?.. I havent read any of the books.. but it seems the least thought-out to me atm

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
As more games come out, so does religious nonsense. So I'm asking you guys, which of these fictional religions do you think is the dumbest?

All of them.

Nemesis X
Lets point out the obvious stupidity in each religion.

Children of the Atom: People worship an atom bomb.

Unitology: Because people found an odd-shaped space rock with markings on it, they think it came from God (you sure it wasn't ET fellas?) and because of their religion, they tried taking it back to Earth and look what happened, because they moved the rock, the galaxy has to suffer the wrath of the Necromorphs.

The Order: A cult of religious nutjobs who worship a God (which could possibly just be a demon) full of nothing but speculation.

True Eye: Cult of psychopaths wearing rain coats. Oddly enough when they first appeared, they attempted to sacrifice a woman (wearing clothes, you'll understand soon) but when trying to sacrifice Frank, he's stripped down to his underpants. Awkward.

The Rapture Family: Splicers worshipping a Little Sister after being influenced by a crazy old woman.

Daedric worship: Beacuse a certain cult had to worship a certain Daedric Prince of Destruction, Cyrodil would've been destroyed were it not for the protagonist.

The Covenant: An army of different alien races joining forces to activate the Halo rings to go on some journey but what they don't know is that when the rings do get activated, all life in the galaxy is eradicated so basically, they're commiting suicide and they don't even know it.

Arkvoodelism: I'm surprised the Furons didn't try hiding this. Having a religion as embarassing as Arkvoodelism would have you hiding your face is shame. Humor or not, calling your lord the "Lord of the Sacred Crotch" has got to be the most ridiculous (yet funniest) thing ever.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
Unitology from Dead Space
i still have no ****ing idea what its supposed to be about awesrug

It's EA trolling Scientology.

NemeBro
In the Dead Space comic it accidently says "Scientology" at one point, is an obvious Scientology parody.

AsbestosFlaygon
The Order is kewl. Not dumb at all. Wouldn't even mind if it was made into a real religion.

Did a little research to the others.
Sacred Crotch? WTFBBQ! O_o

Scythe
The dumbass religion they keep bringing up on FF XIII. I'm not even sure if it is a religion, it's hard to understand certain parts of that game when I'm not fully paying attention becuase it drags at times for me.

NemeBro
There is no defined religion in FFXIII.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Peach
Just so you know, GK and I are going to be watching this thread like hawks to make sure nothing ugly breaks out. At the first sign of trouble, it will be closed.

Also, I had to fix the thread title, it was making me cringe ermm How would anything ugly break out while discussing VG religions.., no expression

I'll go with the FFX religion... Simply as for the moment it's the only one that really stands out in my mind... As it's pretty much the entire game.

NemeBro
To be fair their religion was entirely justifiable, considering the fact that a gigantic friggin whale was destroying their planet.

Without faith (Which was related to stopping it, albeit briefly) I fail to see how they could cope.

§P0oONY
Pretty much every religion within a videogame is justifiable though... All it takes is a semi-talented writing staff.

chomperx9
muslim

Heythere,Honey
Lets point out the obvious stupidity in each religion.

Children of the Atom: People worship an atom bomb.

Arkvoodelism: I'm surprised the Furons didn't try hiding this. Having a religion as embarassing as Arkvoodelism would have you hiding your face is shame. Humor or not, calling your lord the "Lord of the Sacred Crotch" has got to be the most ridiculous (yet funniest) thing ever.
I think these two.

NemeBro
Originally posted by chomperx9
muslim Oh dear.

Nemesis X
muslim

You idiot. When I say fictional religion, I mean ones you see in videogames. Don't be bringing angry Arabs and Afghans in here.

chomperx9
You idiot. When I say fictional religion, I mean ones you see in videogames. Don't be bringing angry Arabs and Afghans in here. what do you have to fear from them ?

RE: Blaxican
Don't listen to Chomper, he thrives on the tears of intelligent people.

chomperx9
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Don't listen to Blaxican, he thrives on the tears of intelligent people. Fixed big grin

And, there you go.

Bardock42
You idiot. When I say fictional religion, I mean ones you see in videogames. Don't be bringing angry Arabs and Afghans in here.

Well, you see real Religions in video games, though it was pretty obvious you meant Religions originating in video games.

Impediment
Unitology.

AsbestosFlaygon
muslim
Muslim isn't even a religion, ya idiot. It's ISLAM.

Scythe
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is no defined religion in FFXIII.

Yeah, after getting some more hours into the game, I've started to notice that. I'm glad the game picked up the pace and started getting interesting to me.

Phantom Miria

The Covenant: An army of different alien races joining forces to activate the Halo rings to go on some journey but what they don't know is that when the rings do get activated, all life in the galaxy is eradicated so basically, they're commiting suicide and they don't even know it.

The fact that activating the rings will be the end of life as they know it is in reality irrelevant. They have priests, they have faith, they have a purpose. It is a pretty elaborate religion, and the prophets speak of a great journey.

Wether this journey is wrongly interpreted, or if there is some sweet release in death is irrelevant. It is not a "most dumbest" religion, that's for certain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but: Priests, goal, prophecies, purpose. That's pretty much the defining traits of any modern religion.

NemeBro
Your typical modern religion isn't willing to wipe out every sentient organism within the galaxy, including those not part of their faith.

Q'Anilia
The Order: A cult of religious nutjobs who worship a God (which could possibly just be a demon) full of nothing but speculation.

Isn't that Christianity? I could be wrong, but from an objective perspective, religion is basically speculations and interpretations. Don't get me wrong, I love religious people and I love religion. Praised be God, but you are using this very generic description to lay out a religion in its most bland of form.

"They believe in God. They worship God. They know nothing, but assume much. lol, what a stupid religion"

Originally posted by NemeBro
Your typical modern religion isn't willing to wipe out every sentient organism within the galaxy, including those not part of their faith.

It's amazing and a little bit sad how this was ignored.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It's amazing and a little bit sad how this was ignored. GALAXY being the key word nucka.

Right now all religions are and have always been limited to the Earth. big grin

Also, Q, that actually describes... Well, every religion. Wouldn't be called faith if you could prove it.

Q'Anilia
My point exactly.

REXXXX
muslim

Consider this an official warning. We don't tolerate inflammatory stuff like that on KMC, especially deliberate ones. Don't post stuff like that again.

Thank you.

Fayde
Children of Atom. Finding out about them made me burst out in laughter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.