What popular 80s Movie you have NEVER seen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
Inspire by last weekend release of remakes like Karate Kid and the A-Team. I figure this would be one interesting topic. (me thinks)

Anywhoo, you're ready for this?

I've seen practically every movie ever made during the 80s. But there is ONE particular I never seen....be shock everyoner.....

...Top Gun.

Yes, I admit...I never seen it. Love the soundtrack but never bother to watch the whole movie. Ironically I seen Hot Shots (which is a parody of Top Gun) but never Top Gun.

Gawd! I feel awful! Back to my wearing my L.A. Gears shoes! embarrasment

MildPossession
I just saw Top Gun for the first time last year or so, incredibly overrated. stick out tongue

Darth Martin
The Karate Kid

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Karate Kid
Dude!

dadudemon
Tons and tons of movies.

Too many to name.

How about someone compile a list of the top grossing movies of the 80s. Say, the top 10 from each year?

The Nuul
Originally posted by MildPossession
I just saw Top Gun for the first time last year or so, incredibly overrated. stick out tongue

Someone please ban Mild.

The Nuul
I've seen and nearly have them all.

siriuswriter
If I've seen any, I either didn't know it was an 80's show... or I was coerced.

All this remaking worries me when it comes to movies like "The Goonies" and all John Hughe's films. My god. What if they remake "The Breakfast Club?" AHHH!

I can see a remake of the Goonies, because Steven Spielberg did it, and "just think of all the special effects that could be better." Except there would be no truffle shuffling, because most Hollywood Kids are skinny as hell.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Tons and tons of movies.

Too many to name.

How about someone compile a list of the top grossing movies of the 80s. Say, the top 10 from each year?

Off the top of my head and not sorted by year:

Weird Science
The Goonies
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Some King of Wonderful
Can't Buy Me Love
Top Gun
Red Dawn
ET
Return of The Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Back To The Future
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Fatal Attraction
Crocodile Dundee
48 Hours
The Golden Child
Dead Poets Society
Dirty Dancing
Ghost Busters
Road House
Gremlins
Karate Kid
Flashdance
Police Academy
Terminator
War Games

Edit (thought of Tom Hanks):

Big
Splash
The Man With One Red Shoe
The Money Pit <--- Epic Film

2nd Edit:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels <--- Epic Film
The Great Outdoors
The Jerk <--- Epic Film

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard

Weird Science
The Goonies
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Some King of Wonderful
Can't Buy Me Love
Top Gun
Red Dawn
ET
Return of The Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Back To The Future
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Fatal Attraction
Crocodile Dundee
48 Hours
The Golden Child
Dead Poets Society
Dirty Dancing
Ghost Busters
Road House
Gremlins
Karate Kid
Flashdance
Police Academy
Terminator
War Games

Big
Splash

2nd Edit:

The Great Outdoors
The Jerk <--- Epic Film

I have not seen

"Can't Buy Me Love"
Flashdance
48 Hours

Strangely, I've seen all of the others. I remember thinking Big was the most awesomest concept ever. (I saw it on VHS in like...91.)

Also, Can't Buy Me Love seems like a generic shallow 80s "nerd gets the girl" flick. I think the 80s started that trend...no?

Edit - Forgot to say it: thanks for posting that list, dude.

BruceSkywalker
i have seen every movie from the '80's

I have not seen

"Can't Buy Me Love"
Flashdance
48 Hours

Strangely, I've seen all of the others. I remember thinking Big was the most awesomest concept ever. (I saw it on VHS in like...91.)

Edit - Forgot to say it: thanks for posting that list, dude.

48 hours is very good, if you happen to ever watch it, you'd like it a lot

MildPossession
Closet homosexual? it's okay. Hit a nerve have I. stick out tongue

Mr Parker

wow after all this time.yeah it is VERY over rated.Flight Of The Intruder a movie similiar to that film is by far MUCH better by leaps and bounds.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Someone please ban Mild.

why it really isnt that good a movie.Tom Cruise in his early years wasnt that good of an actor and this movie was in his early years.

Robtard
Speaking of, his new 'Knight and Day' flick looks like total garbage.

WickedDynamite
Tons and tons of movies.

Too many to name.

I was avoiding a top grossing movies list since the title is about popular and not movies with high grossing box office records.

Day of the Dead is a very popular film for horror fans...but it didn't reach high gross sales at the box office.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.eightyeightynine.com/film/top100_boxoffice.html

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/2954/

Robtard
Ha, old-man had to do a search, the memory is slipping.

marwash22
Anyone who hasn't seen 'Ferris Bueller's Day off' or 'Breakfast Club', needs to die.

I've have never seen 'Blade Runner', it's been on my queue for a long time, just never gotten around to watching it.

Rogue Jedi
Witches of Eastwick, dude, epic win. Do send.

WickedDynamite
If none you haven't seen Howard the Duck....you are soooo EVIL!

Rogue Jedi
Red ****in Dawn, bitches.

roughrider
For films iconic to the 80's decade, I haven't seen -

Wall Street
Risky Business
Pretty In Pink
The Color Of Money

Myth
Breakfast Club
16 Candles

ADarksideJedi
The Breakfast Club is my personal favorite.

Kazenji
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
If none you haven't seen Howard the Duck....you are soooo EVIL!

I have and actually sorta enjoyed dispite all the bad reviews

as for this topic.....They Live

RichardBrittain
Goonies.

http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

MildPossession
*slaps RichardBrittain*

See it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

dadudemon
I was avoiding a top grossing movies list since the title is about popular and not movies with high grossing box office records.

I wasn't aware that those two were mutually exclusive. laughing

Aren't they almost the same exact thing with very few exceptions? (The exceptions would be cult classics that did not gain popularity until years later.)

Day of the Dead is a very popular film for horror fans...but it didn't reach high gross sales at the box office.

Then that wouldn't be a popular movie from the 80s then, would it? Only popular among horror fans doesn't necessarily mean that it was plain ol' popular, right?

WickedDynamite
Then that wouldn't be a popular movie from the 80s then, would it? Only popular among horror fans doesn't necessarily mean that it was plain ol' popular, right?

Not popular as in mainstream. But is becoming more and more known by many...after all they did made a remake and that is helping the original get more popular. Which is a good thing for the next gen of horror fans who are expose to garbage like the Saw franchise and the Ring, and so on.

Myth
Originally posted by Kazenji

as for this topic.....They Live

That's easily one of my favorites from the 80s.

ChocolateCake
I have never seen Footloose.

K-Dog
Oh man you guys have to see "Stand by Me" if you haven't already. The large list shown earlier was a good overall list, and someone added Red Dawn which is a good one too. But "Stand by Me" is perfect--especially to watch in the summer.

MildPossession
I've never seen Footloose either, and frankly don't want to...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by marwash22
Anyone who hasn't seen 'Ferris Bueller's Day off' or 'Breakfast Club', needs to die.

I've have never seen 'Blade Runner', it's been on my queue for a long time, just never gotten around to watching it.

Thats what i say about the people who havent seen Footloose that have posted here.That is my second favorite movie of all time right after Star Wars A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back which are tied for first place.

Well I havent seen Ferris Buellers Day Off.Parts of it when I was flipping around channels once,but never the whole thing.Also havent seen Some Kind Of Wonderful and Cant Buy Me Love.Just saw Dead Poets Society for the first time last week.Not a fan of Robin Williams.

Mr Parker
I've never seen Footloose either, and frankly don't want to...

hmmm,Im wondering if he isnt a friend of yours that you referred to to this site.Both of you are from england and never seen Footloose? Seems just a little too coincidental to me unless he is a friend of yours of course. stick out tongue

the ninjak
The only movies I choose not to see-

Pretty in Pink
Footloose
Titanic (not 80s so what)

MildPossession
Well I don't know anyone in Oxfordshire, so no. I don't know anybody on this forum outside of the internet.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by The Nuul
Someone please ban Mild.

laughing

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by K-Dog
Oh man you guys have to see "Stand by Me" if you haven't already. The large list shown earlier was a good overall list, and someone added Red Dawn which is a good one too. But "Stand by Me" is perfect--especially to watch in the summer.

Stand by Me and Stand and Deliver were two movies our Jr. High (nowadays known as Middle School) teachers would shows us all the time!

ladygrim
The Goonies
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Top Gun
Fatal Attraction
Dead Poets Society
Dirty Dancing
Flashdance
* ill probably get to watching them one day just not yet big grin

Mr Parker
for all the people that have said they havent seen FOOTLOOSE,if this trailer doesnt get you all excited and pumped up,well then you have bad taste in movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaYU-lZ3ac&NR=1

I was little when this movie first came out and when i got into high school I always tried to get my hair to look like Kevin Bacons in that movie to no success.Wish he had kept the same look of his hair he had back then for all his films.Hated it that he didn't. mad I realise you may not like it but come on,if that trailer doesnt get you excited,then theres something wrong with you.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr Parker
for all the people that have said they havent seen FOOTLOOSE,if this trailer doesnt get you all excited and pumped up,well then you have bad taste in movies.

I was little when this movie first came out and when i got into high school I always tried to get my hair to look like Kevin Bacons in that movie to no success.Wish he had kept the same look of his hair he had back then for all his films.Hated it that he didn't. mad

Clearly, you're a homosexual.

Mr Parker

Like always,you show your true maturity level around here which equals a child which is why I usually always have you on ignore,back to ignore again.yeah I am jeoulous of Kevin Bacon for getting to kiss that hot chick in that movie,yet I am that of what you say I am.real logical there. roll eyes (sarcastic) But then again,thats the kind of logic I always expect to come out of YOUR mouth.

Robtard
LoL, was just silly humor; I've watched Footloose 2-3 times myself. Wasn't an insult.

But as always, your old butt-hurt over being spanked over and over in debates springs forth, too good, too good.

Mr Parker
Robtard
This person is on your Ignore List.

Robtard
Hahahaaha, kids these days.

Rogue Jedi
Robtard's mouth droolio

Robtard
Krull, I used to love that movie as a kid.

Rogue Jedi
Hell yeah, the one eye dude was badass. Got pwned by the mountain-ship thingie though.

Robtard
He was dead anyways.

Rogue Jedi
I guess. Don't really remember.

Hatchet
Risky Business
St. Elmo's Fire

Rogue Jedi
thumb up and thumb up

draxx_tOfU
from the top of my head, I haven't seen...

The Manequin
Born on the 4th of July
Teen Wolf

ChocolateCake

I was little when this movie first came out and when i got into high school I always tried to get my hair to look like Kevin Bacons in that movie to no success.Wish he had kept the same look of his hair he had back then for all his films.Hated it that he didn't. mad I realise you may not like it but come on,if that trailer doesnt get you excited,then theres something wrong with you.

It is a good trailer and it does stir things up a bit.

Quiero Mota

Weird Science
The Goonies
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Some King of Wonderful
Can't Buy Me Love
Top Gun
Red Dawn
ET
Return of The Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Back To The Future
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Fatal Attraction
Crocodile Dundee
48 Hours
The Golden Child
Dead Poets Society
Dirty Dancing
Ghost Busters
Road House
Gremlins
Karate Kid
Flashdance
Police Academy
Terminator
War Games

Big
Splash

2nd Edit:

The Great Outdoors
The Jerk <--- Epic Film

Damn, and those are some of the better films from that decade.

K.Diddy

hysterical

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
It is a good trailer and it does stir things up a bit.

Glad to hear you agree and I hope that makes you see the movie sometime soon. smile

Robtard
Originally posted by K.Diddy
hysterical

Unfortunately, Parker took it personal.

ADarksideJedi
Top Gun is one and Earth girls are easy.Not sure if I want to see them or not however.

Blinky
Top Gun for me too, I tried to sit through it once... it sucked mammoth dicks, so I got up.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Blinky
Top Gun for me too, I tried to sit through it once... it sucked mammoth dicks, so I got up.

yeah thats what I thought as well.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Blinky

Yea I argee with that the parts I saw was pretty boring.

K.Diddy
beer I have not seen Top Gun either,but I will never say never

Darth Vicious
Ive never seen any of the Brat Packs movies.
48 Hours
Beverly Hills Cop (cant get into Eddie Murphy movies).
Wall Street
Crocodile Dundee
Revenge of the Nerds
Do the Right Thing
Rain Man
Fatal Attractions

Some that i havent seen, want to but never find the time or desire to watch:
Platoon (seen bits and pieces)
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining (seen bits and pieces)

ADarksideJedi
I will watch it on youtube thanks for the link!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I will watch it on youtube thanks for the link!

no problem.so I assume you agree as well that the trailer gets you excited and pumped up to see the movie as well? smile cool

ADarksideJedi
yes I do!

Mr Parker
well hope that gets you to see it soon. smile

Mr. Rhythmic
Back to The Future
Mad Max
Road Warrior (or at least all of it)
Road House
Gremlins
Raiders Of The Lost Arc

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Back to The Future
Gremlins

blink

qq0452

Mr Parker
blink

you forgot to add Raiders Of The Lost Ark to that list.

K.Diddy
you forgot to add Raiders Of The Lost Ark to that list.

erm I did mean too actually

ChocolateCake

Having now seen the film I can now see why you like it so much. It is a very uplifting film and had some strong performances in it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
Having now seen the film I can now see why you like it so much. It is a very uplifting film and had some strong performances in it.

yeah sure is.Glad to see you agree with me on that. smile

Starmaker
48 Hours
Mad Max

Flyattractor
haven't seen any of the Godfather movies.

or any that would be called an "oscar" winner for that point.

But that goes for pretty much ANY decade.

Mr Parker
beer I have not seen Top Gun either,but I will never say never
Its okay but its EXTREMELY over rated.Not the great movie that it has been billed up to be over the years and the movie networks love to show over and over again day and night.I swear not so much now these days, but for so many times over the years,I couldnt turn on the tv set without some cable channel airing Top Gun too many times to remember. mad

A movie thats very similiar to top gun that I strongly urge you to see if you havent is Flight Of the Intruder.Its about navy jets during the vietnam war.Has William Defoe and Danny Glover in it.That is an axciting action film that is extremely UNDER RATED. smile

K.Diddy

A movie thats very similiar to top gun that I strongly urge you to see if you havent is Flight Of the Intruder.Its about navy jets during the vietnam war.Has William Defoe and Danny Glover in it.That is an axciting action film that is extremely UNDER RATED. smile

thumb up Ok,I will look out for it

Mr Parker
cool. cool Happy Dance If you go ahead and rent it and see it,come back and make a thread of it and review it okay? smile

Upton O Goode
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Stand by Me
and that vampire movie with Kiefer Sutherland, name escapes me atm...

K-Dog
Originally posted by Upton O Goode
Footloose
Breakfast Club
Stand by Me
and that vampire movie with Kiefer Sutherland, name escapes me atm...

That would be "Lost Boys", also staring the "Cory brothers" (Cory Feldman and the late Cory Haim who died last year or this year). Definitely a good movie.

Slay
Footloose
Red Dawn
Some Kind of Wonderful
Flashdance
War Games

twizzlers713
aliens. ghostbusters.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by twizzlers713
aliens.

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.