Orion vs BRB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
Random encounter, fight to the death.
no PIS CIS BFR

nicamarvin
Originally posted by supremthor
Random encounter, fight to the death.
no PIS CIS BFR Orion Soloes Solo..... smokin'

lightyeargee
Orion

cdtm
Neither would go down easy, imo. Orion is tough enough to survive disintegration by a global scale matter manipulator, and Bill was grappling Stardust with his bare hands, and was merely knocked out by a physical attack from Galactus, where he got squashed between both hands like a fly. There's also the fact Bill knocked around an enhanced Thor in Blood and Thunder, and survived one hell of a beating.

Edging towards Orion, slightly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bill.

The scene where Doomsday trashed him like a cheap whore will always be burned in mind.

Mshinu
Horsie kicks the ginger`s butt.. after a tough fight

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Bill.

The scene where Doomsday trashed him like a cheap whore will always be burned in mind.

To be fair, even Superman got trashed. Not as bad, but bad enough considering it's his own book.

marwash22
fight to the death... so basically, who can take the most punishment? not sure.

Blanket
Bill hammers his face off without damaging his helmet.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by marwash22
who can take the most punishment? not sure. Dude whats with you and physical punishment? everybody its vulnerable to physical punishment....... wink except for Juggernaut that is..... smokin'

Prep-Man
Orion. The healing and phasing will come in handy.

marwash22
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Dude whats with you and physical punishment? everybody its vulnerable to physical punishment. I don't get what you mean.

I didn't say either was invulnerable to harm, i see you have a reading comprehension problem. If there is no bfr and it's a fight to the death, this obviously means the winner will be the person who can take the most damage... unless you think one will wreck the other without ever getting hit.

Prep-Man
Orion's MB can heal himself every second as shown when he was inside a weapon designed by the old gods. He could have been incinerated, but his MB protected himself from that. In terms of blow for blow punishment, without any healing, I'm not sure. Could go either way.

celeyhyga17
Orion takes this. He will out vicious Beta Ray Bill.

6.5/10 for Orion.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Orion's MB can heal himself every second as shown when he was inside a weapon designed by the old gods. He could have been incinerated, but his MB protected himself from that. In terms of blow for blow punishment, without any healing, I'm not sure. Could go either way.

Was that when he was with Infinity Man, inside of some kind of reactor?

Only seen it through scans, but I thought that was just Orion and his toughness.

Oh, and the example of Sligg trying to distintigrate Orion I keep bringing up? I believe that was when Orion had no mother box. In fact, for most of the story Orion was stuck with a fake mother box from one of Darkseid's ally's, after he thought he killed 'Seid.. So he resisted the distintigration of a global matter manipulator all on his own.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm
Was that when he was with Infinity Man, inside of some kind of reactor?

Only seen it through scans, but I thought that was just Orion and his toughness.

Oh, and the example of Sligg trying to distintigrate Orion I keep bringing up? I believe that was when Orion had no mother box. In fact, for most of the story Orion was stuck with a fake mother box from one of Darkseid's ally's, after he thought he killed 'Seid.. So he resisted the distintigration of a global matter manipulator all on his own.

No. That's not the incident I was talking about.

Nihilist
Split

Warlord
Orion 5,5/10
Thor would split

D_Dude1210
Split.

Galan007
Bill.

lightyeargee
Bill would get his ass kicked and face would have been ripped off by the God Killer Infinity Man. Orions AF and ferocity were the keys to him surviving that encounter.

Galan007
^ Huh? The only reason Orion 'survived' his encounter with IM was because the Source intervened and saved him from total destruction (a preparatory move for it's potential battle with Darkseid.)

RichardBrittain
BRB wins but I prefer AFK.

http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Huh? The only reason Orion 'survived' his encounter with IM was because the Source intervened and saved him from total destruction (a preparatory move for it's potential battle with Darkseid.) That's ridiculous. Why send the IM after him at all then?

Galan007
^ Because at the time the Source didn't know for certain that he would eventually be battling Darkseid - but the former was considered a possibility. That said, the Source chose to error on the side of safety and keep Orion 'on the ready' for such a confrontation (a tactic which ultimately paid off, big time.)

Prep-Man
Doesn't matter, Orion would still take a small majority. More versatile, better fighter, and has more tools at his disposal.

Galan007
Doesn't matter, Orion would still take a small majority. More versatile, better fighter, and has more tools at his disposal. More versatile? Nah. A better fighter? Arguable. More tools at his disposal? Numerically, I guess you're correct.

Prep-Man
MB FTW.

Galan007
MB's are cool and all, but I doubt highly that it would be the deciding factor in this battle.

Prep-Man
With the versatility it has on it's side, I think it would. Or his Astro Force could simply be the deciding factor. I think the AF has more destructive power.

quanchi112
With the versatility it has on it's side, I think it would. Or his Astro Force could simply be the deciding factor. I think the AF has more destructive power. Based on what?

celeyhyga17
With the versatility it has on it's side, I think it would. Or his Astro Force could simply be the deciding factor. I think the AF has more destructive power.

Yeah his use of the Astro Force > BRB's use of Stormbreaker's capabilites as opposed to Thor for example. Then again part of Mjolnir's power comes from Thor's "godly" force. It was clear in Secret Invasion BRB is below him. Orion should take a slight majority.

Warlord
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It was clear in Secret Invasion BRB is below him. Orion should take a slight majority.

Thor had a part of the odinforce at that time

Galan007
With the versatility it has on it's side, I think it would. Or his Astro Force could simply be the deciding factor. I think the AF has more destructive power. I do wonder how it wold do vs. Bill's shields. mmm

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Warlord
Orion 5,5/10
Thor would split
I agree. Superman would beat Bill's Face in and Clearly Superman is Orion's Match.

BattleMage
Originally posted by lightyeargee
I agree. Superman would beat Bill's Face in and Clearly Superman is Orion's Match. Has supes ever had a fight with BRB?

Prep-Man
I do wonder how it wold do vs. Bill's shields. mmm

The MB can also cancel out shields.

Galan007
The MB can also cancel out shields. Magically enchanted ones?

Prep-Man
Magically enchanted ones?

I believe so.

JakeTheBank
I'm imagine Stormbreaker's shields are = to Mjolnir's which have been described as impenetrable and the like.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm imagine Stormbreaker's shields are = to Mjolnir's which have been described as impenetrable and the like. Being Impenetrable is not the same as being cancelled out or being absorbed.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Being Impenetrable is not the same as being cancelled out or being absorbed.

Pretty sure you don't want to get into a energy cancelling out or absorbing contest with Stormbreaker or Mjolnir.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pretty sure you don't want to get into a energy cancelling out or absorbing contest with Stormbreaker or Mjolnir. Orion would win. He has the MB AND the Astroforce. The same energy that cancelled out the Universe destroying quantum bomb and Helped collapsed a universe on top of the ALE's Head. Also Helped Push back the ALE, which was as powerful as the Source.

Prep-Man
He also harmed Starro, while none of the league combined could do.

BattleMage
BRB and that's that

Prep-Man
Orion and that's that! wink

Martian_mind
Bill.

cdtm
What things has Thor's shields blocked? And are they instantaneous, as in no tapping the hammer on the floor or convoluted starting motions?

Thor having force fields is a new one on me.. Usually, I see him just swinging his hammer really fast to block something.

celeyhyga17
True Thor has created "wind" shields in the past, but there is no way it will be tougher than what Orion can produce. Also Thor > Beta Ray Bill (clearly portrayed in Secret Invasion Thor). Beta Ray Bill ain't beating an Orion for a majority.

cdtm
Didn't Thor still have a portion of the Odinforce as of Secret Invasion?

celeyhyga17
Didn't Thor still have a portion of the Odinforce as of Secret Invasion?

yeah, but I don't really think he knew how to use it. If he did, he woulda been pwning everyone and everyone.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
yeah, but I don't really think he knew how to use it. If he did, he woulda been pwning everyone and everyone.

why wouldn't he know how to use it??he had it in the past..Strange clearly state that after he take away Thor Odin Force..he will be back to his classic level..that should indicate that he is more powerful with the Odin Force..

Warlord
What things has Thor's shields blocked?

the null bomb - a device that could destroy one fifth of the universe. and even more impressively.... the hulk cool

Mindset
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Bill.

Prep-Man
the null bomb - a device that could destroy one fifth of the universe. and even more impressively.... the hulk cool

That's good, but I think the oblivion bomb thing with Orion is more impressive. Considering that he was WEAK.

Warlord
weakness wouldn't matter for Thor though as it is Mjolnir's ability.
plus they both shielded a universe which makes it equally impressive to me

Prep-Man
weakness wouldn't matter for Thor though as it is Mjolnir's ability.
plus they both shielded a universe which makes it equally impressive to me

Yeah, but it does show how much Orion can endure and last.

Has Bill done something similar?

Warlord
Yeah, but it does show how much Orion can endure and last.

Has Bill done something similar?

nope...I answered about Thor's shields.
in thoery Bill could do it too...but that's just theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.