Goldeneye remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Guess what its here......but wii only

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/goldeneye-007-remake-revealed-exclusive-for-wii/2160/

Ridley_Prime
Still unsure if I'll get it. Looks interesting though.

Zack Fair
Im happy with PD

Sin_Volvagia
I never really played much of Goldeneye 007 singleplayer but the multi was great. I'll get this especially since I lack Wii games: only 5 which may reduce to 4 since Brawl is getting really stale for me.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, Goldeneye was great when it first released. It definitely changed the FPS and multiplayer genre but by todays standards the game we once loved can't compete with what's on the market. Giving the game a graphical update isn't going to change this, at lest to me.

To me this is nothing more than exploiting a once popular and beloved game to cash in. Instead of making a new, Bond game this company is going to take advantage of fans nostalgia. How will this be any different than the already existing Bond games other than having the renowned title of, Goldeneye?

Kazenji
What i don't get is Rare made the game but yet its not coming out on the 360.

Ushgarak
The scepticism is warranted- FPS games have moved on a long way since Goldeneye. The rise of the internet has lowered the value of split screen gaming (playing with friends in the same room is great, but tolerance for playing on a quarter-screen is less so), and indeed it is not as if this is being made by anyone connected to the original.

Still, worth keeping tabs on.

Nephthys
If you're going to graphically update a game, why make it on the Wii? huh

Kazenji
Thats Nintendo for ya they're fruity these days.

Smasandian
I wouldn't mind if this was a XBLA title or VC but a total remake?

Might work.

ScreamPaste
It's a total remake, not just a graphical update, and the Wii has the best control scheme of any console for FPS.

RE: Blaxican
Except for when you want to actually shoot somebody, in which case it sucks.

ScreamPaste
Disagreed, have you played the Metroid Prime trilogy? It's awesome. no expression

RE: Blaxican
I preferred the gamecube version of it TBH. It takesme out of the moment when I'm conciously realizing while playing the game that Samus would never be such a shitty shot.

ScreamPaste
I think you're the one who's a shitty shot. 131 I seriosuly played through the trilogy on Wii and enjoyed it more than on GC.

Ridley_Prime
I didn't. Partially because of missing shit like this.

_-MldXzMsNQ

And they took out the sequence breaks as well, a good portion of the game's replay value.

ScreamPaste
They improved the lightning and shit all through out the game in exchange for a couple visual effects on your arm cannon. O.o

Also, sequence break?

Ridley_Prime
It wasn't just effects on the arm cannon that were missing in the Wii version, but environmental effects too like the rippling water stuff, as well as certain sound effects that I was fond of. The bloom effects/lighting was used too much in the Trilogy for my liking, and kinda butchered what I liked about some of the Tallon IV regions on the Gamecube version. ermm The controls were still good though, if not better.

As for sequence breaking, shazam!

ScreamPaste
Eh, I'll do without a few visual effects for a superior control scheme, imho. stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Rain gathering on your visor was amazing.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Rain gathering on your visor was amazing. Yes, yes it was. Metroid Prime was probably the single most detailed and beautiful game of that console generation.

Kazenji
Give me the other consoles for FPS... The Wii does'nt impress for them.

Spartan005
Did anyone get this? How is it?

Morridini
Apparently it is pretty good, at least the singpleayer is, the multiplayer is supposedly only ok.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Yes, yes it was. Metroid Prime was probably the single most detailed and beautiful game of that console generation.

SaTsuJiN
I heard this game bombed.. profound.. sadness... *falls into pile of random final fight barrels*

Morridini
Bombed? I heard it's supposedly a pretty good game.

Smasandian
Yeah, that's what I heard also.

Unless bombed mean not selling a lot.

jinXed by JaNx
I played this at my friends house and i have to say...,the only reason you should buy this is if you don't own any other consoles other than a Wi. It is just a mediocre shooter to me and being a remake it's not even interesting. With that said, however, for being on the Wi, the developers did a great job with it. It's still one of the weakest Bond games out there though.

Ridley_Prime
Huh. So it didn't come anywhere close to living up to Goldeneye 64's level of win?

Zack Fair
Hard to reach that level of nostalgia.

SaTsuJiN
Bombed as in sucked, and didn't live up to the hype-sauce it tried to generate for itself

and I heard it was cuz they changed way too many things

I lurved me some goldeneyeN64, so this was pretty sad news

Morridini
Heard the exact opposite, a decent FPS, and at times Nostalgia comes crashing on you, while still playing a fresh story.

Smasandian
Yeah, that's what I heard.

We're not going to get a exact remake of Goldeneye 64. Too many legal issues that's why it's not on XBLA like Perfect Dark is.

But from what I read, this is a pretty good game and if you like Goldeneye 64, your going to like this.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Huh. So it didn't come anywhere close to living up to Goldeneye 64's level of win?

Since when do remakes ever come close to originals that are superb?

Or were you being sarcastic?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

From what i played it certainly didn't but that doesn't bother me because i never expected it to be as unique as Golden eye. Goldeneye was so incredible because it was so innovative and smooth playing for it's time. Since then there have been dozens of FPS games that make Goldeneye look like the old N64 game that it is. Technically this remake is far better than the original but it lacks that impact the original had. That wouldn't have been a bad thing had the marketing campaign not chose to deliver this remake as this generations Goldeneye. I think Blood Stone is more fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.