Who likes Cold play here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DamienB
Does anyone know if they are comming out with a new cd?

RichardBrittain
They're alright; I think they're a tad overrated, in short.

http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

steverules_2
Coldplays singer Chris Martin sucks at singing, I like the background music but the singing is awful

MildPossession
I like two or three of their songs.

That ACDC Chick
i only like Clocks from them awesrug
but yeah, theyre way overrated
i had a friend who was obsessed with them especially Chris Martin facepalm

AsbestosFlaygon
WTF? Chris Martin doesn't suck.

He's one of the best live singers out there.
His voice in the stage is almost identical to the studio.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

His voice in the stage is almost identical to the studio. I pretty much expect that from all singers that I consider to be even moderately good. I think it takes a lot more to simply be considered one of the best live singers, period.

And as far as liking Coldplay, naw man that aint me

Slay
I don't like Coldplay but to say Chris Martin is a bad vocalist is a bit ridiculous.

Selphie
I hate Clocks, but I don't mind listening to Coldplay every once in a rare while.

Eon Blue
I enjoy many of their songs.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
WTF? Chris Martin doesn't suck.

He's one of the best live singers out there.
His voice in the stage is almost identical to the studio.

I afraid he does suck....because of being overhyped and boring.
So hes consistant....?
Yeah but thats only like saying "Hes just as bland live as he is bland in the studio=Good" somehow.

There literally millions of singers, who live, sound like they do on tape.

Just that very few can ever do the impressive stuff live (Freddie Mercury, Patton etc who are 10,000 miles ahead of the insipid safe stuff that Martin seems to churn out)

Most of Coldplay's stuff feels like having a damp grey rag placed over my soul.

~Bun Bun~
Not a favorite of mine but, I do enjoy some of their songs.

AbnormalButSane
I like Don't Panic.

ADarksideJedi
Some of the songs are ok but not all of them.

Sadako of Girth
I think they are alright/middle of the road..... just massively overhyped.

Stoic
Coldplay, I like em I really have no idea when a new album will be released by them. I'm actually hoping that they take their time putting out a new one, because most groups these days have fallen off, Pearl jam is a fine example, their new album sux balls.... LOL!

JamesSimon
i love the old Coldplay songs. i don't like the new stuff. not to bash 'em or anyone though.

uniqueweasel
Coldplay marked the begining of the end for britpop/indie, they just remind me of a boring sunday cloudy day.

Thee smit
One of the most boring, pretentious, and generally depressing band I have ever heard.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overated.

Just my opinion.

K J H
Originally posted by JamesSimon
i love the old Coldplay songs. i don't like the new stuff. not to bash 'em or anyone though.

I like some of the old Coldplay songs Dont Panic The hardest part

but there last Album now thanks

perfectstorm
I can listen to them once in awhile, but saying I am a fan would be a stretch

Stoic
They have a song called High Speed that's pretty good, it reminds me of Seal's earlier music, it has a jazzy twist to it.

The cool thing about Coldplay, is that their tunes rarely offend anyone, while at the same time avoiding the pit falls of being classified as Muzak (Elevator Music). I personally think they're musical geniuses, which is a very rare commodity in our age of various musical genre's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.