Deathwing v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Well, I'm gonna be honest, this is sort of an attempt to trap one of the two people I aim this thread at, while providing that person with the second person to debate against, who I've found to probably be one of the most reasonable Dante supporters on the forum. I'm banning Endless hunger, and the Demonsoul because, well, would be short debate otherwise.

They start one mile apart, and Deathwing is at full power other than those two stipulations. Dante has all of his weapons, except Yamato, because he gave it away like a sucker, but may not screw around with time, because that would arbitrarily make Nozdormu mad. Or something. He has all of his styles and powers and DT's ect.

Demonic Phoenix
BloodRain and BT? stick out tongue

I know I got BloodRain right.

Burning thought
Phantom Miria instead of me.

Demonic Phoenix
Crap.

So like I said, I got BloodRain right.

ArtificialGlory
Sparda Devil Trigger looks like it could do some damage. I personally don't think Dante could inflict any life-threatening injuries to DW over a realistic amount of time.

ScreamPaste
BloodRain is correct. stick out tongue Miria requires more Sam Fisher to trap, however.

Q'Anilia
Will wait and see what the Dante experts have to say before I involve myself in this. Might turn out we all agree on Deathwing.

ScreamPaste
Well, if no one shows up to debate in Dante's favour... >.>

Q'Anilia
Well then, in all its simplicity, Deathwing mop the floor with Dante.

BloodRain
Eh? How flattering.

As you set up such a nice trap I may as well comply...

...urm.. what's a Deathwing?

ScreamPaste
You did manage to debate Dante v.s. Kain against BT without tearing your own hair out.

A Deathwing is from WarCraft, a very large, powerful, dragon aspect who Q' knows more about than the rest of us.

Phanteros
A dragon that's going to eat Dante, and this time Dante isn't getting out.

Q'Anilia

BloodRain
Hey, BT was fun to go up against. Right. So no Yamato and none of his timepowers against a WoW high level dragon.

I skimmed through the page but I'm not seeing much of what it can do besides a tough hide and lava breath. On that the lava doesn't seem that threatening.
What is it/he going to do to kill Dante?

ScreamPaste
Also banned some of the Dragon's stuff, cause it's supar hax.

Q'Anilia
Alrighty, my lazy moment is over. Sorry about that copy + paste thing. It's not me.

Deathwing is one of the five dragon aspects assigned to safeguard Azeroth by the Pantheon. Deathwing was assigned the dominion of Earth, as such it is within his power anything that involve the depths and the surface of a realm.

This means? It is within Deathwing's power to create chasms, mountains and in all simplicity break earth as he see fit. His most recent and currently most widely known feat is that with his return comes the cataclysm. As Deathwing rises from the depths of the realm and resurfaces, he bring destruction to all corners of the planet. Mountains crack, land sink under the ocean, vulcanos erupt and cities flood. Basically Deathwing destroys the world by merely rising with newfound powers.

A little on-the-table about Deathwing's abilities: Deathwing has for the duration of his appearances shown an immense level of physical resistance. He has shown an even greater level of mystical, or magical resistance. He is what some would call a brick wall in a world of paper. He is a prominent magician, not only possessing high-level telekinesis, but elemental and spiritual spells as well. He has shown a supernatural ability to track someone, making him impossible to ambush. He is of astonishing speed, being able to fly at a speed unregisterable by human eyes.

I can give examples of each listed part, but it's a start.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Alrighty, my lazy moment is over. Sorry about that copy + paste thing. It's not me.

Deathwing is one of the five dragon aspects assigned to safeguard Azeroth by the Pantheon. Deathwing was assigned the dominion of Earth, as such it is within his power anything that involve the depths and the surface of a realm.

This means? It is within Deathwing's power to create chasms, mountains and in all simplicity break earth as he see fit. His most recent and currently most widely known feat is that with his return comes the cataclysm. As Deathwing rises from the depths of the realm and resurfaces, he bring destruction to all corners of the planet. Mountains crack, land sink under the ocean, vulcanos erupt and cities flood. Basically Deathwing destroys the world by merely rising with newfound powers.

A little on-the-table about Deathwing's abilities: Deathwing has for the duration of his appearances shown an immense level of physical resistance. He has shown an even greater level of mystical, or magical resistance. He is what some would call a brick wall in a world of paper. He is a prominent magician, not only possessing high-level telekinesis, but elemental and spiritual spells as well. He has shown a supernatural ability to track someone, making him impossible to ambush. He is of astonishing speed, being able to fly at a speed unregisterable by human eyes.

I can give examples of each listed part, but it's a start. wow, i knew he was epic, but....wow. if only he still had the demon disk :P, but i'd assume that would be taken away for the same reason those 2 attacks were taken away

ScreamPaste
How fast is Deathwing?

BloodRain
I'm curious of the kind of attacks will he use? Like how will he use this earth shaking power as an offensive.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by BloodRain
I'm curious of the kind of attacks will he use? Like how will he use this earth shaking power as an offensive.

Physical and magical. DW could open a volcano beneath Dante or make the land itself devour him.

Heythere,Honey
Dante has....Oh wait, time powers are banned. sad

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Dante has....Oh wait, time powers are banned. sad

Or else Deathwing's brother joins the fight and Dante is screeeeewed.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
Or else Deathwing's brother joins the fight and Dante is screeeeewed.

Nozdormu doesn't need to get involved in order to having Dante bite over more then he can chew, Deathwing is handling that department quite fine by himself stick out tongue

BloodRain
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Physical and magical. DW could open a volcano beneath Dante or make the land itself devour him.
Not seeing changing the landscape, even with volcanoes as a method to win.

Is annoying that there aren't any videos of what he can do, (besides the trailer where the land changes) I know the dragon is powerful but its hard when all there is is text about his life without saying how he fights.

menokokoro
Is annoying that there aren't any videos of what he can do, (besides the trailer where the land changes) I know the dragon is powerful but its hard when all there is is text about his life without saying how he fights. yeah, thats pretty much how 80% of wow lore is. which i kind of like, lets your imagination invent what they can do with the general description of their abilities. but annoying when trying to prove something

Utrigita
Originally posted by menokokoro
yeah, thats pretty much how 80% of wow lore is. which i kind of like, lets your imagination invent what they can do with the general description of their abilities. but annoying when trying to prove something

That must be statement that is furthest away concerning how the Lore is actually applied to this board I have seen in a long time.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Utrigita
That must be statement that is furthest away concerning how the Lore is actually applied to this board I have seen in a long time. It's what in the where now?

Q'Anilia
Not seeing changing the landscape, even with volcanoes as a method to win.

Is annoying that there aren't any videos of what he can do, (besides the trailer where the land changes) I know the dragon is powerful but its hard when all there is is text about his life without saying how he fights.

There are many times when Deathwing has engaged battle. There are no videos of his fights, but there are a great deal of texts. There's the end of Day of the Dragon, where he engage the Dragon Aspects in a brawl and, I quote:

Deathwing: I have faced the ravages of time, the curse of nightmares, and the mists of sorcery, thanks to the others! What weapons do you bring?
Alexstrasza: Life... hope... and what they bring with them...
Deathwing: Then you're as good as dead already!

He kicked Nozdormu, Malygos and Ysera butt all by himself until Alexstrasza formed the technique of using her sorrows and emotions as a weapon and brought him the torment of his life.

When it comes to how Deathwing fights, he is keen on tackling and overwhelming with his sheer size and weight, but he can also swipe with his tail and paws often, in a very skillful manner. He mix magic with physical attacks when need be. Should Dante confront him, there'd probably first be a physical brawl, but Deathwing would end up creating a maelstrom of magic to utterly overwhelm Dante if he proved a physical challenge.

Deathwing has a tendency of going for overkill, of putting more effort into something than need be. When he mocked Rhonin, he allowed Rhonin to weave magic against him, just to show him he could just walk it of.

BloodRain
My be forced to go on the magic offensive as physical wise Dante's taken on large foes without any problems.
I recommend Gilgamesh and Lucifer for any close combat bouts.

Depending on what kind of magic he uses there are a few counter measures.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Deathwing has too many advantages, and is more likely to win.

Q'Anilia
Wish I could tell more on what Deathwing can do, but the KMC criteria for what is proof and not is too high for me to care enough. I also don't know Dante well enough to give a fair answer.

XMr. WinterX
Dante will have to go DT use Pandora 666 and Gilgamesh with Lucifer charge up a Gilgamesh attack and knock out one of DW teeth than use that huge laser cannon in pandora and shoot it right in DW mouth and if Dante had Yamato than Dante can just slice DW till DW is dead Dante will have to be a ninja to get this one tho ninja

XMr. WinterX
ohh and Dante is pretty damn fast so opning holes in the eart wont work on Dante unless he trips and falls while running and jumpingsmokin'im with Dante on this one

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
Dante will have to go DT use Pandora 666 and Gilgamesh with Lucifer charge up a Gilgamesh attack and knock out one of DW teeth than use that huge laser cannon in pandora and shoot it right in DW mouth and if Dante had Yamato than Dante can just slice DW till DW is dead Dante will have to be a ninja to get this one tho ninja

Dante would find all of that hard to do with all the magic pummeling him.

XMr. WinterX
ok so why does DW not have any weapons or powers banned while Dante cant use his time powers or Yamato?confused

ArtificialGlory
ok so why does DW not have any weapons or powers banned while Dante cant use his time powers or Yamato?confused

DW has his existence-deleting spell banned as well as the Demon Soul banned. Both Dante and DW have at least 1 power and 1 item banned.

Phantom Miria

To my understanding, Dante is free to use his time powers if he is willing to take on Nozdormu as well.

Deathwing has Endless Hunger banned and is not allowed the Demon Soul. With either, he would stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.