Mara vs Lord Gaalan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who wins this duel? The former Emperor's Hand or the Lost Tribe of the Sith, Sith Lord?

RE: Blaxican
According to Wookie's retelling, Gaalen was essentially Luke's equal or near equal in combat, only running away after he was outnumbered three to one.

Going on that, I'd say that he would win.

Red Nemesis
liek no

that wasnt it at all

mara stomp (with prep)
Mara 8/10 (w/o prep)
((Where prep is defined as non-lightsaber equipment and no less than two minutes time in arena before battle))

truejedi
i'd take Galen, but according to Allies, (which actually > then wikipedia (cmon blax, you know better than using wiki!)) Galen was "perhaps" the equal of Kyle or Kyp. the quote concludes something like "as Galen pressed his attack, Luke smiled."

definitly not Luke's equal.

I HAVE NOT READ ANY NJO MATERIAL DON'T JUDGE ME

ben222
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
According to Wookie's retelling, Gaalen was essentially Luke's equal or near equal in combat, only running away after he was outnumbered three to one.

Going on that, I'd say that he would win.

confused confused confused confused confused

Are you stupid ?

Nephthys
He really, really isn't.

truejedi
i'm sorry. : (

Gideon
You all amuse me.

First, Luke's assessment of Gaalan's skills is just that: an assessment by a fallible third party. Not that it's wrong, but I'd say there should be a little more discussion for this thread.

Second, Luke smiling doesn't mean Gaalan wasn't his equal (not that he was), since Sidious smiled and laughed his ass of in his fight with Yoda in Revenge of the Sith. Does that mean Yoda isn't on Sidious's level? smile

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Gideon
You all amuse me.

First, Luke's assessment of Gaalan's skills is just that: an assessment by a fallible third party. Not that it's wrong, but I'd say there should be a little more discussion for this thread.

Second, Luke smiling doesn't mean Gaalan wasn't his equal (not that he was), since Sidious smiled and laughed his ass of in his fight with Yoda in Revenge of the Sith. Does that mean Yoda isn't on Sidious's level? smile

No, but Sidious' smile was promptly reduced to nothing. The author DID make it obvious that Luke was the superior fighter, which is why he was smiling.

Gideon
^ No one said Luke wasn't the superior fighter. What I was discussing was how him smiling has absolutely nothing to do with it. no expression

Dr McBeefington
But it did.

Gideon
But... it didn't. no expression

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Gideon
But... it didn't. no expression

Touche

It would be nice if the fool(s) who are taking issue with my assessment could at least provide a quote of the fight then. I've already explained that I'm getting my info from ****ing Wookiepedia, it's not as if I have the novel sprawled out on my lap and I'm just ****ing illiterate or something.

Douchebag(s).

Gideon
sad

Q99
Who smiles and why they smile matters a lot.

Sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesn't.

truejedi
: (

Red Nemesis
This might be the entire fight. If you need moar I will poast moar.

Gideon
Fate of the Jedi's fight scenes blow. We got gritty details with LotF.

Red Nemesis
Is Allies no better? (It isn't on SWEU yet.)

Gideon
not at all sorry

That fight scene does blow, yeah.

Gideon
Blax, what's it like to be African and have a gigantic penis?

Does it burden you?

At one point, Gideon, it did.

But I managed to find relief in this, which I ascertained from a Borders. Life has thus been nirvana.

Dr McBeefington
Is anyone planning on getting the new lightsaber type laser? I'm considering it but I also just got lasik so I have a feeling I'll just burn my eyes out... Then again, maybe I can see through the force like Kreia. Hmmmmm

I am not a jew, and therefore can not afford it nor be seen walking around in public with it.

That was a diss to myself, not to you. Don't... hate me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.