Twilight vs Aliens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
a predator ship has crashed landed in the woods just like in requiem the alien/predator hybrid has escaped and has run into the hunter and his son plus dog infecting them and killing them. a few minutes later a second ship lands with an elder predator who scans the area and destroys the bodies and the ship..

predator makes its way into the town in pursued of the of the hybrid...

predator is in the treeline staring at the vamp home and scanning the residents it knows these are not human and also a better prey then the Aliens.

the aliens have also found the home and want to impregnate them..

the twilight vamps can hear and sense something strange in their property and gather together to investigate..

something is watching them from the woods....*wanna play*

they see three black aliens creatures come out and hiss at them.. plus a giant one with mandible...

sooo.. three xenos's plus hybrid and elder predator

marwash22
lulz. Cullen's get raped. this is spite.

Rogue Jedi
Cullens do the raping here.

Robtard
LoL, you people are hilarious, in other threads the Twililight-masturbation was due to the vampires being super-duper-duper fast, strong, invulnerable and had a better healing factor than Wolverine, yet here they get "raped", all of them too?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Cullens do the raping here.

Wild Shadow
the guy is everywhere with his view on the vamps..

Rogue Jedi
The Cullens are too fast, the Pred and Aliens will never touch them.

Robtard
Twilight threads need to stop. 99% of people here think the franchise is crap, yet.

Rogue Jedi
Easy, Tex.

Wild Shadow
how many vamps are in the family?

anyways, i hope the franchise takes a massive dive in the next movies at 1st its curiousity seeing where its going but its lost any hope of it being meaningful or having a decent story and redemption.

so what if the vamps has speed other options always other options

Robtard
Easy, Tex.

Just my opinion, slappy; you can relax, you're in no immediate danger of losing your new precious.

marwash22
In the other threads, the Twilight vamps did the raping due to being granite hard and having psychic abilities. None of the Cullen's have an offensive psychic ability and Aliens have the acid crap that will go right through their skin. Plus, the aliens have invulnerability that is comparable to the Twilight vamps. There's also the fact that the Predator has shit that can disintegrate the TwiVamps in one shot...

Aliens rape!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Just my opinion, slappy; you can relax, you're in no immediate danger of losing your new precious. New precious, eh? Nicknamed yourself?

Redemption
Originally posted by marwash22
In the other threads, the Twilight vamps did the raping due to being granite hard and having psychic abilities. None of the Cullen's have an offensive psychic ability and Aliens have the acid crap that will go right through their skin. Plus, the aliens have invulnerability that is comparable to the Twilight vamps. There's also the fact that the Predator has shit that can disintegrate the TwiVamps in one shot...

Aliens rape! thumb up thumb up thumb up

Rogue Jedi

Aliens rape! I was kidding, lame matchup anyway.

Wild Shadow
your lame!! miffed

Rogue Jedi
My lame? I own a lame?

Robtard

Aliens rape!

No, guy.

Acid is what compared to a super healing factor? So one of the sparkly vamps losing some fingers or a hand while his/her opponent dies.

Predators can be hurt by bullets, can the Cullens? No, from what I am told.

Then there's the super-speed.

You're a flip-flopper, one minute it's a Twilight suck-fest, now it 's an Alien/Predator rim-job festival.

Wild Shadow
big grin rolling on floor laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
No, guy.

Acid is what compared to a super healing factor? So one of the sparkly vamps losing some fingers or a hand while his/her opponent dies.

Predators can be hurt by bullets, can the Cullens? No, from what I am told.

Then there's the super-speed.

You're a flip-flopper, one minute it's a Twilight suck-fest, now it 's an Alien/Predator rim-job festival. Lestat.

Robtard
Lestat.

Is one-half homo.

Rogue Jedi
Is one-half homo. And one bad ass mother****er.

marwash22
Acid is what compared to a super healing factor? So one of the sparkly vamps losing some fingers or a hand while his/her opponent dies. Dude, seriously... wtf are you talking about? That acid crap burns through steel upon impact. Have you even read the Twilight books, or at least done some research on the vamps from Twilight? It takes almost a week to regen from losing a limb. Plus, How are they gonna regen when they will get vaporized to dust by those energy beams grenades the predator has.

Predators can be hurt by bullets, can the Cullens? No, from what I am told. since when do the Cullen's carry guns?

Then there's the super-speed. Super speed doesn't mean shit in this fight when you consider their opponents are just as durable as they are. Twilight vamps are stronger, but they don't have claws and they can't rip apart an alien.

You're a flip-flopper, one minute it's a Twilight suck-fest, now it 's an Alien/Predator rim-job festival. I'm a goddamn truth teller. I think logically about the characters before i type. Every advantage Twilight vamps had in the other threads is either non existent or irrelevant. And once again, i phucking hate Twilight so i was never slurping them, i just used facts to determine the winner. Facts dictate that Aliens and Predators will annihilate the Cullen's.

Wild Shadow
i dont know why it would matter if someone read the twilight books since we only use what is seen in the movie.. no expression

marwash22
it matter's because he brought up regeneration as a counter for the Cullen's being hit with acid. Regenerating limbs hasn't been show onscreen or even addressed, but in the book (where the movie is taken from), it's states as a fact that it would take weeks to regen from being ripped apart.

Rogue Jedi
Dude the Cullens are DEATH DEALERS yo....

Robtard
Dude, seriously... wtf are you talking about? That acid crap burns through steel upon impact. Have you even read the Twilight books, or at least done some research on the vamps from Twilight? It takes almost a week to regen from losing a limb. Plus, How are they gonna regen when they will get vaporized to dust by those energy beams grenades the predator has.

since when do the Cullen's carry guns?

Super speed doesn't mean shit in this fight when you consider their opponents are just as durable as they are. Twilight vamps are stronger, but they don't have claws and they can't rip apart an alien.

I'm a goddamn truth teller. I think logically about the characters before i type. Every advantage Twilight vamps had in the other threads is either non existent or irrelevant. And once again, i phucking hate Twilight so i was never slurping them, i just used facts to determine the winner. Facts dictate that Aliens and Predators will annihilate the Cullen's.

Not reading the books, most of what I know is some what you and the other Twilight-fans have said in here.

So like I said, the Vamp loses fingers or a hand, his/her opponent is gutted in the process. Win for the vampire. Edit: Cullen's don't have claws? Then there's little risk of acid splash, the Cullen's pummel them to death and/or break necks.

When did I say the Cullen's had guns?

You've yet to prove the Predators or Aliens are as durable as the vampires here. The Cullen's (according to RJ/screen) are bullet proof, the Predators and Aliens are not. Ergo, they're not as durable. Speed matters a lot in a fight, guy.

Na, here you're showing zero objectivity, likely arguing for the Predators/Aliens because you like that franchise better.

Rogue Jedi
Not reading the books, most of what I know is some what you and the other Twilight-fans have said in here.

So like I said, the Vamp loses fingers or a hand, his/her opponent is gutted in the process. Win for the Vampire.

When did I say the Cullen's had guns?

You've yet to prove the Predators or Aliens are as durable as the vampires here. The Cullen (according to RJ/screen) are bullet proof, the Predators and Aliens are not. Ergo, they're not as durable. Speed matters a lot in a fight, guy.

Na, here you're showing zero objectivity, likely arguing for the Predators/Aliens because you like that franchise better. I love you, Rob. Had to be said.

BruceSkywalker
methinks the aliens/predators destroy them

Redemption
Acid is corrosive to reach their hearts you saw on avp when alien swung its tail to fling acid.... and i forgot which alien movie... 3 aliens were in a locked room so 2 of them decided to kill the other so he could melt the floor with his blood so they may resort to a suicide bomber tactic maybe

marwash22
so basically, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. First off, i like Blade a million times more than i like Twilight and i said Blade would get raped. I like Anne Rice novels way more than i like Twilight and i said and proved that QOTD vamps would get raped.

You seem to be forgetting that, in every other thread, the Twilight vamps were, the Volturi, of which have members that have extremely powerful offensive psychic abilities... none of the Cullen's have a useful psychic ability.

As for Strength... ok, you don't know jack about Twilight, but have you at least watched Predator or Alien movies? Predators are just as strong as any of the Cullen's, with exception to Carlisle. As far as durability, The Cullen's aint gut punching shit 'cause Predator's armor is completely resistant to physical attack... the only thing that penetrates it in the entire series of movies, is it's own weaponry and the acid spit from an Xeno.

Next, let's negate the speed advantage the Cullen's have... how in the phuck are they gonna use that speed when they won't even be able to see the Predator's? Twilight vamps can't see alternative color spectrum's and when the Predator's cloak, the Vamps are screwed.

Then there's the fact that Xeno acid burns through titanium as soon as it touches it and it continues to burn through until it destroys whatever is under the surface.

Predator's have plasma weapons that will completely negate in form of regen the Twilight Vamps have...

like i said... RAPE!

Robtard
Originally posted by Redemption
Acid is corrosive to reach their hearts you saw on avp when alien swung its tail to fling acid.... and i forgot which alien movie... 3 aliens were in a locked room so 2 of them decided to kill the other so he could melt the floor with his blood so they may resort to a suicide bomber tactic maybe

So the the Xenomorphs are just going to know to spit a stream of acid right at their hearts? You people amaze me.

Then of course, does that really matter to a vampire, as aren't the twilight ones undead?

Rogue Jedi
Seriously, the Cullens rape. No, I'm not kidding.

XanatosForever
The Aliens, Predalien, and Elder pred (it's probably Wolf) most certainly do not have the same durability as the Cullens', but the EP at least has weaponry that could harm them better than anything the aliens could without resorting to damaging one of themselves to use their blood offensively.

How good is Alice's precog again? I can't remember if it was combat viable or not.

Redemption
So the the Xenomorphs are just going to know to spit a stream of acid right at their hearts? You people amaze me.

Then of course, does that really matter to a vampire, as aren't the twilight ones undead? why cant they do this i gave 2 examples of them knowing how to use acid in the right situation
and you kill vampires by attacking their heart everyone knows that where have you been

marwash22
The acid doesn't have to hit their hearts. It just has to touch them. When the acid touches something, it keeps burning until it destroys all parts of that area... if it touches an ear, the acid will keep going until it destroys everything. The only way to stop the acid, is the ditch the part of your body that the acid is on before it starts to spread.

Oh... and then there's the whole part where if a Predator think they are outmatched, it will set off a friggin nuke... so even if by chance the Cullen's don't get raped, this will end in a draw 'cause everyone will die.

Robtard
so basically, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. First off, i like Blade a million times more than i like Twilight and i said Blade would get raped. I like Anne Rice novels way more than i like Twilight and i said and proved that QOTD vamps would get raped.

You seem to be forgetting that, in every other thread, the Twilight vamps were, the Volturi, of which have members that have extremely powerful offensive psychic abilities... none of the Cullen's have a useful psychic ability.

As for Strength... ok, you don't know jack about Twilight, but have you at least watched Predator or Alien movies? Predators are just as strong as any of the Cullen's, with exception to Carlisle. As far as durability, The Cullen's aint gut punching shit 'cause Predator's armor is completely resistant to physical attack... the only thing that penetrates it in the entire series of movies, is it's own weaponry and the acid spit from an Xeno.

Next, let's negate the speed advantage the Cullen's have... how in the phuck are they gonna use that speed when they won't even be able to see the Predator's? Twilight vamps can't see alternative color spectrum's and when the Predator's cloak, the Vamps are screwed.

Then there's the fact that Xeno acid burns through titanium as soon as it touches it and it continues to burn through until it destroys whatever is under the surface.

Predator's have plasma weapons that will completely negate in form of regen the Twilight Vamps have...

like i said... RAPE!

Na, what I said.

Did you pay attention during the Predator films? They're not bullet-proof, the armor isn't all encompassing. Seriously, watch the films again and pay attention this time.

RJ posted a link of Edward moving so fast in a fight he was a blur. Really, you need to put the popcorn down and pay attention. Speed is very important in a fight.

Redemption
The acid doesn't have to hit their hearts. It just has to touch them. When the acid touches something, it keeps burning until it destroys all parts of that area... if it touches an ear, the acid will keep going until it destroys everything. The only way to stop the acid, is the ditch the part of your body that the acid is on before it starts to spread.

Oh... and then there's the whole part where if a Predator think they are outmatched, it will set off a friggin nuke... so even if by chance the Cullen's don't get raped, this will end in a draw 'cause everyone will die. watch their going to say the cullens rip the preds arm off and disarm alien weaponry

Robtard
why cant they do this i gave 2 examples of them knowing how to use acid in the right situation
and you kill vampires by attacking their heart everyone knows that where have you been

How often do the Xenomorphs spit acid as a weapon adn with pinpoint precision vs how many times do they rely on their claws, inner-mouth and tail as a weapon? Exactly.

Also, see: Speed.

marwash22
Originally posted by XanatosForever
The Aliens, Predalien, and Elder pred (it's probably Wolf) most certainly do not have the same durability as the Cullens', but the EP at least has weaponry that could harm them better than anything the aliens could without resorting to damaging one of themselves to use their blood offensively.

How good is Alice's precog again? I can't remember if it was combat viable or not. Yep, Alice can use her precog to guess her opponent's moves while in battle. However, her ability gets extremely screwed up when she is in emotional distress. I think her entire family getting vaporized is stress enough to make her precog ability go haywire.

Robtard

Oh... and then there's the whole part where if a Predator think they are outmatched, it will set off a friggin nuke... so even if by chance the Cullen's don't get raped, this will end in a draw 'cause everyone will die.

You're 100% correct, this is why in Aliens, why Hicks was hit, it killed him as it went clean through his body, also, that other Marine that got hit in the face, it instantly killed him too. Oh, wait.

marwash22
@ Robtard... you're really living up to that name, btw.

Speed is indeed a factor, but if you would read correctly, i already explained that Speed doesn't mean shit, when your opponent is invisible.

Redemption
How often do the Xenomorphs spit acid as a weapon adn with pinpoint precision vs how many times do they rely on their claws, inner-mouth and tail as a weapon? Exactly.

Also, see: Speed. how many times do the cullens actually utilize speed while fighting and when did i say anything about precision

Wild Shadow
the predator took some flesh wounds from gunfire.. the aliens were hurt by the alien net that has crushed and sliced humans and their machine gun.

anyways the aliens and predator were smashing through rock type walls and what not and smashing rock surfaces with their tails.

i think they are strong enough to pummel them and hold back the vamps for a while maybe even stab them

Robtard

Speed is indeed a factor, but if you would read correctly, i already explained that Speed doesn't mean shit, when your opponent is invisible.

LoL, your butt-hurt gives me strength.

Once the Predator attacks, his edge is gone. They're not "invisible", seriously, put the popcorn down and pay attention. Seems chewing and watching is one thing too many for you to concentrate on.

marwash22
dude, watch AVP... the spit continues to destroy whatever it touches, not just the surface area.

Robtard
how many times do the cullens actually utilize speed while fighting and when did i say anything about precision

Only watched the first film in passing, used it there, iirc.

RJ posted a link to the second film, had it there too.

So they're just going to barf out a massive wave and pray it hits them in the left/middle of the chest and enough to go through?

Let me guess, the vampires will be sitting still while this happens?

marwash22
Once the Predator attacks, his edge is gone. How so?

They're not "invisible". Um, when they cloak, they surround themselves in a different spectrum of light, so in effect, they are invisible.

Robtard
How so?

Um, when they cloak, they surround themselves in a different spectrum of light, so in effect, they are invisible.

Because unlike what you said, they're not "invisible", they're seen as a blur, this is even more noticeable when they're moving. Danny ****ing Glover was able to track one, that was standing still no less.

Um, invisible means 'incapable of being seen'; they can be seen. Ergo, they're not "invisible."

Redemption
Only watched the first film in passing, used it there, iirc.

RJ posted a link to the second film, had it there too.

So they're just going to barf out a massive wave and pray it hits them in the left/middle of the chest and enough to go through?

Let me guess, the vampires will be sitting still while this happens? Get a cup of water swing it in a horizontal arc...now again...and once more you will notice that it has a wide radius and a alien has more blood than whats in that cup and when the cullens get close acid will undoubtably hit them so if aimed any where near the upper torso the acid will eventually reach their hearts Corrosive acid FTW

Robtard
Get a cup of water swing it in a horizontal arc...now again...and once more you will notice that it has a wide radius and a alien has more blood than whats in that cup and when the cullens get close acid will undoubtably hit them so if aimed any where near the upper torso the acid will eventually reach their hearts Corrosive acid FTW

Because the Aliens use this "wide horizontal acid arc attack". No.

So are we to assume that Hicks and that other Marine that was hit have some sort of acid-resistant skin, as it didn't do what you're saying it would do.?

Also, you know what was shown to be faster than some flying water? Emo Edward was.

Redemption
Because the Aliens use this "wide horizontal acid arc". No.

So are we to assume that Hicks and that other Marine that was hit have some sort of acid-resistant skin, as it didn't do what you're saying it would do.? lol wtf you hear the marines scream like hell when that acid gets on them did you see how quick the pred threw his armor when the acid touched it and a horizontal arc isnt exactly hard to accomplish

marwash22
Because unlike what you said, they're not "invisible", they're seen as a blur, this is even more noticeable when they're moving. Danny ****ing Glover was able to track one, that was standing still no less.

Um, invisible means 'incapable of being seen'; they can be seen. Ergo, they're not "invisible." I was gonna call you retarded, but then i remembered that you are not very well informed about Twilight vampires. I'll explain in full why TwiVamps won't be able to see a cloaked Predator.

When a predator is cloaked, they are surrounded in multiple spectrum's of color.

The human eye can see multiple spectrum's of light, this is why humans (Danny phucking Glover, as you phrased it), can see through the cloak if they concentrate.

Twilight vampire cannot see multiple spectrums of light. this is mentioned multiples times...

- They cannot see rainbows
- After Bella is turned, Ed tells her that their eyes work differently
- Bella's dad can see Renesmee's aura when she uses her power, but none of the vamps can.

Wild Shadow
was any of that stated in the movie i dont recall

marwash22
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
was any of that stated in the movie i dont recall nope. not yet.

XanatosForever
Well, shit, I forgot all about that. The elder predator could probably take good advantage of such a handicap.

Wild Shadow
nope. not yet. then you cant use it for your argument

marwash22
then you cant use it for your argument Sweet baby Jesus! I thought we already went through this in the QOTD thread. Twilight movies are direct translations of the books... everything is exactly the same. There are two movies that haven't been released... are you saying that, until those movies are released, facts can't be used? Basically, i can't win the argument until the last movie comes out? It's not like I'm making this stuff up, it's all factual information that has yet to be put on film.

That.... is.... retarded!

Wild Shadow
that is how it has always worked... we only use what is shown on screen and if you continue disregarding the rules after already knowing them you will be reported.. erm devil

Redemption
Sweet baby Jesus! I thought we already went through this in the QOTD thread. Twilight movies are direct translations of the books... everything is exactly the same. There are two movies that haven't been released... are you saying that, until those movies are released, facts can't be used? Basically, i can't win the argument until the last movie comes out? It's not like I'm making this stuff up, it's all factual information that has yet to be put on film.

That.... is.... retarded! Woooooooooow your're right that sucks laughing out loud

marwash22
lmao. this is dumb as phuck. Ok, since the rule is janky as hell and they don't permit facts that are not yet seen on screen... no one should be able to make a thread about Twilight until all the movies are out.

Reading, is apparently bad.

Wild Shadow
we also use characters from specific movies and sequels.. it is fine to use new moon since it is the most recent movie so far. if at any time some thing in three or god forgive 4 if it makes it that far then we can simply open a new thread and say from part 1, 2 or 3 whatever specific storyline or character we wanna use.. this is done all the time.

to be honest your attitude is getting annoying.

hence why we say robocop from part 1 or 2 when we wanna be specific. so stop your whining follow the rules or stop posting i cant believe the mod has allowed you to get this far

Placidity

As for Strength... ok, you don't know jack about Twilight, but have you at least watched Predator or Alien movies? Predators are just as strong as any of the Cullen's, with exception to Carlisle.

No.

Lol, what an idiotic statement coming from someone who claims to know about Twilight and Predator. Utterly unbelievable.

A predator cannot uproot a giant tree with one hand. A Predator cannot stop a speeding truck with one arm. A Predator cannot bitchslap a large werewolf back fifty meters.

Insane Strength Advantage

As far as durability, The Cullen's aint gut punching shit 'cause Predator's armor is completely resistant to physical attack... the only thing that penetrates it in the entire series of movies, is it's own weaponry and the acid spit from an Xeno.

No.

You know how easily it was ripped off? Yow know the armor only covers the chest? You know the aliens can impale through it no problem? You know Predators can still get every bone in their body broken despite the "armor"?

Insane Durability Advantage

No.

This has nothing to do with the "alternative color spectrum". The cloak is imperfect because the edges of their silhouette is distorted with its surroundings. Same spectrum.

Insane Speed Advantage

Thats the only thing here that might be in favor of team AvP (who said Aliens wouldn't try to kick Predator's ass too anyway?), and you don't know how it'd react to their skin. Lets say three of the Cullens smashes the alien's head in one punch and they get acid exposure and actually die (even though after the first kill, they would wise up), theres still 4 of the Cullens left, even though only one is needed to rip the Predator apart.

Um, plasma weapons probably won't do shit to the Cullens. Secondly, Cullens are too fast to be hit by it. And if we go by your "predator would be invisible" theory (which is utter shit, poorly made up), firing the plasma would expose his position and his head would be ripped off before he knew it.

And yea, you did do a 180 on the Twilight Vamps.

Cullens take this 10/10 with possibly one casualty if acid can harm them.

Wild Shadow
in predator the movie one of the younger predators was able to knock down a tree with a kick and walk on it iirc..

the one with arnold

Placidity
in predator the movie one of the younger predators was able to knock down a tree with a kick and walk on it iirc..

the one with arnold

Don't remember that. And there was only one predator in that movie (sounded like you implied there were more when you said "one of the younger predators"wink.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Placidity
Don't remember that. And there was only one predator in that movie (sounded like you implied there were more when you said "one of the younger predators"wink. i was just implying that it wasnt an elder predator like in requiem which is who is fighting in this thread

like i said earlier the alien vs predator movies they were smashing punching and clawing through rock surfaces

Placidity
i was just implying that it wasnt an elder predator like in requiem which is who is fighting in this thread

Ah I get you. Still pretty sure he never kicked down a tree.

marwash22
we also use characters from specific movies and sequels.. it is fine to use new moon since it is the most recent movie so far. if at any time some thing in three or god forgive 4 if it makes it that far then we can simply open a new thread and say from part 1, 2 or 3 whatever specific storyline or character we wanna use.. this is done all the time.

to be honest your attitude is getting annoying.

hence why we say robocop from part 1 or 2 when we wanna be specific. so stop your whining follow the rules or stop posting i cant believe the mod has allowed you to get this far

I don't have an attitude. If the way i phrase things comes off as such, it should be noted that, it is not my intention. I really don't see how anything i have written is any different in tone than what other's have written. You're making it seem like I'm sitting at home banging my head against the desk and keyboard 'cause I'm pissed someone is disagreeing with me... not the case, I just defend my position. Lighten up!

Ok, thats fine about the being specific part. However, it has never been done, people aren't being specific. Also, it doesn't really correlate to Twilight, it's not like the facts only pertain to one book. Everything they can do in the last book, they could do in the first... it just wasn't revealed yet. But ok, I'm fine with playing along, as long as the OP states that we should only use things known about the characters up to a certain movie/book.

For example. If you say The Cullen's vs. Blade, but fail to mention that we should only use "The Cullen's" from Newmoon... you're not being specific because without that distinction of " the New Moon Cullen's", the battle would include Bella as a Vampire and Renesmee.

Wild Shadow
I don't have an attitude. If the way i phrase things comes off as such, it should be noted that, it is not my intention. I really don't see how anything i have written is any different in tone than what other's have written. You're making it seem like I'm sitting at home banging my head against the desk and keyboard 'cause I'm pissed someone is disagreeing with me... not the case, I just defend my position. Lighten up!

Ok, thats fine about the being specific part. However, it has never been done, people aren't being specific. Also, it doesn't really correlate to Twilight, it's not like the facts only pertain to one book. Everything they can do in the last book, they could do in the first... it just wasn't revealed yet. But ok, I'm fine with playing along, as long as the OP states that we should only use things known about the characters up to a certain movie/book.

For example. If you say The Cullen's vs. Blade, but fail to mention that we should only use "The Cullen's" from Newmoon... you're not being specific because without that distinction of " the New Moon Cullen's", the battle would include Bella as a Vampire and Renesmee.

facepalm2

we dont use the books period get that through your head this solely movie version nothing more nothing less you bn told repeatedly and yet you continue to reference the books... and what you assume will be mention in the future movie.
STOP DOING THAT!! mad

@ Placidity

now your gonna make me watch the movie just to find that one moment.

Placidity

@ Placidity

now your gonna make me watch the movie just to find that one moment.

I think you'll be disappointed stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
I think you'll be disappointed stick out tongue i/m not that hopeful nor that interested but whatever*shrug shoulders* if i am wrong i am wrong... but, i'll see if i can find something similar to what i recall in one of the movies..

i am researching now starting with one.
tv_horror

marwash22
facepalm2

we dont use the books period get that through your head this solely movie version nothing more nothing less you bn told repeatedly and yet you continue to reference the books... and what you assume will be mention in the future movie.

STOP DOING THAT!! mad First off, i already said that i would play along and only use what has been seen in the movies (provided the OP states this to be the rules), so chill out.

You are failing to see the logic in it. It's not an assumption, nor is it my opinion. I have read all the books (this is how i know it's gay). You clearly haven't read the books because if you had, you would know that, everything that has happened in the first two books, happened in the first two movies... why would that change for the next two movies? confused

And you still haven't explained the following... how does it make sense that facts from the book, can't be used when the books are EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE MOVIES! Please explain how that makes sense. And then, even if you do rationalize it to the point it makes sense to you, I'll just resume the debate after the last movie comes out and then you won't be able to deny anything.

Wild Shadow
this is were you are wrong i also read the books i sped read through them to see where the movie was going so i wouldnt waste my time after new moon.. i wanted bella to end up with jacob but sadly that is never to happen iirc bella's daughter will end up with jacob the native wolf boy... reading geek

you really need to stop with the assumptions and insulting the ppl..

P.s. it only took me a few hours if that i am that fast at reading

SpadeKing
I only saw the stuff from blade vs twilight and see this as a stomp for twilight.

In all the predator movies I seen, none of the explosions were close to the equivalent of a nuke, they can probably make one, but I haven't seen one and besides they have to activate it first which leaves them exposed from their invisibility.

Dude, seriously... wtf are you talking about? That acid crap burns through steel upon impact. Have you even read the Twilight books, or at least done some research on the vamps from Twilight? It takes almost a week to regen from losing a limb. Plus, How are they gonna regen when they will get vaporized to dust by those energy beams grenades the predator has.

since when do the Cullen's carry guns?

Super speed doesn't mean shit in this fight when you consider their opponents are just as durable as they are. Twilight vamps are stronger, but they don't have claws and they can't rip apart an alien.

I'm a goddamn truth teller. I think logically about the characters before i type. Every advantage Twilight vamps had in the other threads is either non existent or irrelevant. And once again, i phucking hate Twilight so i was never slurping them, i just used facts to determine the winner. Facts dictate that Aliens and Predators will annihilate the Cullen's.

I can't exactly remember how much power the predator's weapons have shown, but that would expose them either way for one of the twifags attacks, but it probably would against them.

They don't carry guns it was an example to show they're more durable... which they are.

Super speed would mean a lot in a fight when your opponent is just as durable as you are and it means a lot more when they're not.

You hate Twilight but I'm taking it you read the books as much as you love to refer to them, something seems wrong there hmm

You can still slightly see the preds while they're invisible and if they use their weapons once they're exposed, either out goes the invisibility or the attack/weapon drawn always causes their invisibility field problems reacting making them see able for a short while and getting blood on them or their weapons wouldn't help either. Their best chance is the elder to hide somewhere far away and use his cannon.

Also, see: Speed.

Not often, only when its the one specific type of xenomorph that can spit acid ermm

I can't remember if they did it in AvP:R but the dog form should become a weaker but faster runner form of the xenomorphs, pretty much extremely worthless aside from bleeding everywhere, but then again they can be killed without drawing blood.

Wild Shadow
the elder predator had his motion sensor adhesive tech that sliced the aliens in the sewer... i see that doing the same to the twinkle f@gs

marwash22
@ Spadeking

How can you hate something without understanding it? This notion that since i read the Twilight books, i must like them, is asinine. I read the books and therefore, i know they're whack. Anyone who says Twilight is gay, but hasn't read the books or watched the movies, is a moron.

Also, my love for vampire and werewolves trumps the overall lameness of the Twilight series.

Wild Shadow
i dont need to read superman comics to know how much i utterly hate superman and his last movie and call it trash..

also you can see something and make an educated guess or assumption and be all like that is massively gay..

bye the way..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pvebaJbpM

hmm.. a guy with his underwear hanging out hands on hips spit curl and pretty boy face he seems niave as all hell also has a slight messiah type pose.. hmm definitely gay all this from a single poster or 30 second clip.. hmm movie is going suck harder then a guy at a truck stop stall

marwash22
i dont need to read superman comics to know how much i utterly hate superman and his last movie and call it trash..

also you can see something and make an educated guess and be all like that is massively gay..

bye the way..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pvebaJbpM you missed the point... you watched the Superman movie, correct? And after you watched it, you formulated the idea that, it's trash. You didn't just look at the cover of the dvd or watch the trailer and come up with that opinion; if you did, you're a moron.

I'm not even gonna get into how flawed that commercial is.

Wild Shadow
you missed the point... you watched the Superman movie, correct? And after you watched it, you formulated the idea that, it's trash. You didn't just look at the cover of the dvd or watch the trailer and come up with that opinion; if you did, you're a moron.

I'm not even gonna get into how flawed that commercial is. you need to stop insulting ppl and calling them names b/c they dont agree with you..

i already formulated an idea of what the movie was going to be like i then watched it and i wasnt disappointed it was confirmed that it was trash..

also if an army of ppl say something sucks there must be a bases for such a prevailing view.

marwash22
you need to stop insulting ppl and calling them names b/c they dont agree with you... You need to stop being so sensitive. If i call you a moron, it's just a way to drive home a point, it's not indicative of what i presume your intellectual state of mind to be... i dunno you well enough to make that assertion. If you are incapable of making the distinction, I'll refrain from kidding with you.

However, when did i insult you? If someone formulates an opinion before they even have first hand experience with the subject material, that person is either a moron, closeminded, or a bigot.

i already formulated an idea of what the movie was going to be like i then watched it and i wasnt disappointed it was confirmed that it was trash.. You're not making sense. Having an idea about something and experiencing it and coming to the same preconceived notion, is not the same thing. Unless you're the only person in the history of the world who always makes the correct presumptions.

If you had the opinion that Superman Returns was horrible, but never actually watched it to confirm your suspicion, that would make you a moron because you have no evidence to support the notion. The moron comment doesn't apply to you since you did in fact watch the movie.

also if an army of ppl say something sucks there must be a bases for such a prevailing view. Ohhhhhh, good point! Like the Nazi's or the KKK? yep, legions of people believe it, so it must be so. confused

SpadeKing
@ Spadeking

How can you hate something without understanding it? This notion that since i read the Twilight books, i must like them, is asinine. I read the books and therefore, i know they're whack. Anyone who says Twilight is gay, but hasn't read the books or watched the movies, is a moron.

Also, my love for vampire and werewolves trumps the overall lameness of the Twilight series.

Easy, the same way 70% of the world hates something. ermm

If you truly hated the series you wouldn't be reading the entire book(s) or watching the movies either. When most people hate something they avoid any sort of involvement with it. Most people also don't read a 200+ page (how ever many it is) book about something they don't like either.

One question did you happen to watch all the movies and read all the books too?

marwash22
@ SpadeKing

So your problem is with my use of the word "Hate"? Ok, i really don't like the way Stephenie Meyer portrays vampires and the dialogue is shitty... however, i really like the dynamics between Vampires/werewolves, so i read/watched for that reason. The crappy parts are outweighed by the fictional/supernatural elements. is that better?

Yep, read the books and watched both movies... not like i spent money on any of it though. I also watch True Blood, which has some really gay moments, but all that jazz is outweighed by the other stuff.

Wild Shadow
You need to stop being so sensitive. If i call you a moron, it's just a way to drive home a point, it's not indicative of what i presume your intellectual state of mind to be... i dunno you well enough to make that assertion. If you are incapable of making the distinction, I'll refrain from kidding with you.

However, when did i insult you? If someone formulates an opinion before they even have first hand experience with the subject material, that person is either a moron, closeminded, or a bigot.

You're not making sense. Having an idea about something and experiencing it and coming to the same preconceived notion, is not the same thing. Unless you're the only person in the history of the world who always makes the correct presumptions.

If you had the opinion that Superman Returns was horrible, but never actually watched it to confirm your suspicion, that would make you a moron because you have no evidence to support the notion. The moron comment doesn't apply to you since you did in fact watch the movie.

Ohhhhhh, good point! Like the Nazi's or the KKK? yep, legions of people believe it, so it must be so. confused hence the term reality and perception.. Happy Dance besides we also use our common sense if a bunch of teen girls run up on you and tell you how great the movie was and an equal amount of your own guy friends run up and tell you it was gay and boring and the story drags on and on and on and that only girls and gay guys would like such a movie.. i would weight what they say with the clips i have seen and make an assumption and probably agree it may be gay targeted to teen girls and emo kids possibly along the same line as sisterhood of the traveling pants or yaya whatever its called and i wouldnt watch it.

my assumption would not be taht far off if i take all those things into account

SpadeKing
@ SpadeKing

So your problem is with my use of the word "Hate"? Ok, i really don't like the way Stephenie Meyer portrays vampires and the dialogue is shitty... however, i really like the dynamics between Vampires/werewolves, so i read/watched for that reason. The crappy parts are outweighed by the fictional/supernatural elements. is that better?

Yep, read the books and watched both movies... not like i spent money on any of it though. I also watch True Blood, which has some really gay moments, but all that jazz is outweighed by the other stuff.

No it was originally with the logic behind the vs. then you just brought up all the hate stuff. I just found it questionable on my first quote how you could hate the series and choose to read every single book and watch all the films and figured you were just covering up you actually like it or something.

I still don't how you go through all that just for vampires/werewolves considering there are better movies/books that involve those and that would be less painful to read/watch erm

Wild Shadow
i read all the books as well but i sped read through them.. i wasnt planning on actually retaining everything i read but simply to see if the books were good which i would later reread much slowly if it turns out i liked it.. fortunately i did not like the book at all and put those memories inside my brain into the trash recycle bin.

marwash22
Originally posted by SpadeKing
No it was originally with the logic behind the vs. then you just brought up all the hate stuff. I just found it questionable on my first quote how you could hate the series and choose to read every single book and watch all the films and figured you were just covering up you actually like it or something.Oh, understood.

But no, i don't have a reason to lie about anything; especially to people who I don't even know. If i wanted to cover something up, i would have just kept quiet on all the topics relating to Twilight... that seems like a much better way to cover something up than showing knowledge of the subject. erm

Originally posted by SpadeKing
I still don't how you go through all that just for vampires/werewolves considering there are better movies/books that involve those and that would be less painful to read/watch erm Well, it's not for you to understand. My interest level in vampires, witches and comic books, etc. have lead me to watch/read things i otherwise wouldn't have spent the time on. BTVS, Charmed, Twilight, True Blood, W.I.T.C.H., Pokemon, Digimon, HEX, The Vampire Diaries... the list goes on forever and they all have really lame aspects. Also, it's not like i avoid the higher quality material, it's just that my interest level is higher than yours so i can stand to tolerate the shiny vamps and horrible dialogue.

Good thing the opinions of others don't sway my own.

Robtard
I was gonna call you retarded, but then i remembered that you are not very well informed about Twilight vampires. I'll explain in full why TwiVamps won't be able to see a cloaked Predator.

When a predator is cloaked, they are surrounded in multiple spectrum's of color.

The human eye can see multiple spectrum's of light, this is why humans (Danny phucking Glover, as you phrased it), can see through the cloak if they concentrate.

Twilight vampire cannot see multiple spectrums of light. this is mentioned multiples times...

- They cannot see rainbows
- After Bella is turned, Ed tells her that their eyes work differently
- Bella's dad can see Renesmee's aura when she uses her power, but none of the vamps can.

LoL, you just pulled that out of your ass. As Gary said in Predator 2 'They bend light around themselves', meaning they essentially cover themselves with a reflection of their surroundings, thereby blending in, though it's an imperfect reflection; that's why they're not "invisible", as you claim.

You really need to pay attention when watching the Predator films. As always, your butt-hurt invigorates me.

marwash22
Yes Robtard, getting facts wrong equals butthurt... You know me so well, it's like you're in my head. If the cloak works the way you say it does, Twilight wins.

marwash22
lol, did you go and watch Predator 2?

Robtard
Gary tells Danny when explaining what the Predator is and how they plan on catching it. Which didn't mak any logical sense, secret government spooks telling secrets about aliens to a detective.

No, I paid attention when watching the film, though I've seen it two, possibly three times.

jinXed by JaNx
aliens win because twilight is gay

Placidity
Twilight is awesome.

If you were expecting a smug contradiction here, you're not getting it.

the ninjak
Twivamps murder the Alien and Predators.

The vampires would match the Predators it's their hometurf and the Predators are focused on the Alien. Those shoulder beams wont hit them...too fast.

And the Alien's acid.....sure the kids will figure that out when they take the first one down but they won't make the same mistake again, and even of they do get some on their arm they have great Healing Factors.

Too fast, Endurance rock hard and strength superior.

Regardless of what you think of the crappy fiction they own.

jaden101
First off, i already said that i would play along and only use what has been seen in the movies (provided the OP states this to be the rules), so chill out.

This isn't about you "playing along". It's the main rule of this movie vs forum.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t478590.html

MVF golden rule.

So regardless if something has happened in the other books...Until it's in the film version it can't be used.

Whether the OP states otherwise is irrelevant and arguing otherwise will most likely just get you banned if your constant abuse of other posters doesn't land you there first.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
This isn't about you "playing along". It's the main rule of this movie vs forum.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t478590.html

MVF golden rule.

So regardless if something has happened in the other books...Until it's in the film version it can't be used.

Whether the OP states otherwise is irrelevant and arguing otherwise will most likely just get you banned if your constant abuse of other posters doesn't land you there first. Yawn! get over it, this has already been settled. I just hope everyone realizes how dumb a rule it is.

Robtard
I agree and disagree, if you factor in that this is the MOVIE versus forum and that not everyone is going to read the literature behind any given character, it makes perfect sense and helps to hold back the bickering.

An early example was a thread involving Luke, which had one Star Wars fanboy bringing in the EU written material into the thread.

Where the Golden Rule falters, is when something is specifically said or implied in the film, yet not shown and it's not allowed.

jaden101
Yawn! get over it, this has already been settled. I just hope everyone realizes how dumb a rule it is.

Obviously not been settled because you just said you'd ignore the rule.

But seeing as you're clearly baiting...Consider yourself reported.

marwash22
lulz. think and do what you must.

I said i would obey the rule; but it should be noted that, the rule (as it pertains to Twilight) is stupid considering it's a fact that there are two more Twilight movies (yet to be released) that directly follow along with the books. Saying the facts from the book are invalid is ludicrous when they will all be seen onscreen in a month or so.

...and again, I lulz.

Robtard
According to DDM, who read the books, the New Moon film had facets that weren't part of the book and some facets of of the book didn't carry over into the film.

So it seems the exception you're trying to make for just Twilight, isn't valid to begin with.

marwash22
According to DDM, who read the books, the New Moon film had facets that weren't part of the book and some facets of of the book didn't carry over into the film.

So it seems the exception you're trying to make for just Twilight, isn't valid to begin with. DDM?

Second hand information is very unreliable. The only things that change from book to film, is the way characters interact with each other, some of the personalities are a little off and the look isn't quite correct from how the characters are described in the books.

When it comes to powers/ abilities (which is what matters in these threads)... everything carries over, there's not one difference. So yeah, the exception is very much valid.

Robtard
DDM?

Second hand information is very unreliable. The only things that change from book to film, is the way characters interact with each other, some of the personalities are a little off and the look isn't quite correct from how the characters are described in the books.

When it comes to powers/ abilities (which is what matters in these threads)... everything carries over, there's not one difference. So yeah, the exception is very much valid.

Dadudemon.

He mentioned how Edward's skin never cracked (and healed) during his fight with the vampire council, or whatever they're called. That would be a power/ability relating to a fight and it could potentially matter in one of these 'Vs fights'.

marwash22
Dadudemon.

He mentioned how Edward's skin never cracked (and healed) during his fight with the vampire council, or whatever they're called. That would be a power/ability relating to a fight and it could potentially matter in one of these 'Vs fights'. I don't think he gave you the correct context... his skin didn't crack in the book because the altercation doesn't happen that way in the book. For the purposes of the movie, they expanded on a lot of the action in the book, but they didn't change they way powers/abilities work.

For instance, a lot of the chasing in New Moon, didn't happen in the book... but they didn't change the vampire's speed, they just needed a visual to show how fast the character's are, which is something they mentioned in the book, but couldn't visually depict.

So yeah, Ed's skin cracked in the movie, but that's not a change in power-set, it's just a visual depiction.

Impediment
marwash22, the MVF Golden Rule is there for a reason. Onscreen feats only. If the movie is not out yet, then the match cannot be decided.

Adhere to the rule and quit your baiting.

Robtard
I don't think he gave you the correct context... his skin didn't crack in the book because the altercation doesn't happen that way in the book. For the purposes of the movie, they expanded on a lot of the action in the book, but they didn't change they way powers/abilities work.

For instance, a lot of the chasing in New Moon, didn't happen in the book... but they didn't change the vampire's speed, they just needed a visual to show how fast the character's are, which is something they mentioned in the book, but couldn't visually depict.

So yeah, Ed's skin cracked in the movie, but that's not a change in power-set, it's just a visual depiction.

Disagree. His skin cracking (or not) after being slammed onto a rock floor by a super-powerful being would be an indication of his durability; it not cracking in the book, being the more durable of the two versions.

Also, we see the healing factor directly in the film, another important factor in here.

marwash22
Originally posted by Impediment
marwash22, the MVF Golden Rule is there for a reason. Onscreen feats only. If the movie is not out yet, then the match cannot be decided. This is all I'm really trying to say.

Originally posted by Impediment
Adhere to the rule and quit your baiting. I'm not baiting; I dropped it. Other people keep bringing it up and all I'm doing is trying to explain why the rule is flawed in the case of this particular series... something you did in the first part of your statement.

Disagree. His skin cracking (or not) after being slammed onto a rock floor by a super-powerful being would be an indication of his durability; it not cracking in the book, being the more durable of the two versions.

Also, we see the healing factor directly in the film, another important factor in here You're not understanding, or maybe I'm not being clear enough. His skin didn't crack in the book, because it didn't happen in the book. In the book, he never got slammed through the stairs or on the floor. There are other instances of the healing factor being mentioned in the book.

For Example: when James and Ed fight in the book, they explain how they heal after every blow... they don't show this in the movie because the pace of the fight is too fast, but it's still happening.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, if not, just believe what you want.

Robtard
@ Marwash.

I, pretty sure I understand what you're saying; I'm saying your: 'books should be used in the chase of Twilight because they directly follow the movie' angle is faulty, as clearly there are differences between the books and the movie, specfically powers used in a fight (durabiliy and possibily the healing factor); ones that could potentially make Edward more or less powerful, going by movie-feats.

Does Edward's skin ever crack from a blow in any of the books?

marwash22
I, pretty sure I understand what you're saying; I'm saying your: 'books should be used in the chase of Twilight because they directly follow the movie' angle is faulty, as clearly there are differences between the books and the movie, specfically powers used in a fight (durabiliy and possibily the healing factor); ones that could potentially make Edward more or less powerful, going by movie-feats. This is very frustrating, lol. You're not understanding. The differences do not concern powers/abilities. Every vamp in movies are exactly the same (power/ability-wise, this includes durability) as they are in the books. Where the movies differ from the books, is personality, appearance and on occasion, situation. The reason Edward's skin doesn't crack in the book, is because the fight never happens that way in the book... not because his durability is different.

Does Edward's skin ever crack from a blow in any of the books? Yep. I already gave you an example of it.

When James and Edward fight in the book, it is explained that they heal from their wounds (cuts to Edwards face) almost instantaneously. It's further explained that they needed to quickly burn James before he could heal from having his neck broken.

dadudemon

Also, we see the healing factor directly in the film, another important factor in here.

You're correct. In book 2, chapter 21 Page 474, 475, and 476 it reads:

"...

'A first," he said to himself. "I wonder if she is immune to our other talents....Jane, dear?'

'No!' Edward snarled the word. Alice grabbed his arm with restraining hand. He shook her off.

Little Jane smiled up happily at Aro. 'Yes, Master?'

Edward truly snarling now, the sound ripping and tearing form him, glaring at Aro with baleful eyes. The room had gone still, everyone watching him with amazed disbelief, as if he were committing some embarrassing social faux pas. I saw Felix grin hopefully and move a step forward. Aro glanced at him once, and he froze in place, his grin turning into a sulky expression.

The he spoke to Jane, 'I was wondering, my dear one, if Bella is immune to you"

I could barely hear Aro over Edward's furious growls. He let go of me, moving to hide me from their view. Caius ghosted in our direction, with his entourage, to watch.

Jane turned toward us with a beatific smile.

'Don't!' Alice cried as Edward launched himself at the little girl.

Before I could react, before anyone could jump between them, before Aro's bodyguards could tense, Edward was on the ground.

No one had touched him, but he was on the stone floor writhing in obvious agony, while I stared in horror.

Jane was smiling only at him now, and it all clicked together. What Alice had said about formidable gifts, why everyone treated Jane with such deference, and why Edward had thrown himself in her path before she could do that to me.

'Stop!' I shrieked, my force echoing in the silence, jumping forward to put myself between them. But Alice threw her arms around me in an unbreakable grasp and ignored my struggles. No sound escaped Edward's lips as he cringed against the stones. It felt lik my head would explode from watching this.

'Jane,' Aro recalled her in a tranquil voice. She looked up quickly, still smiling with pleasure, her eyes questioning. As soon as Jane looked away, Edward was still.

Aro inclined his head toward me.

Jane turned her smile in my direction.

I didn't even meet her gaze. I watched Edward from the prison of Alice's arms, still struggling pointlessly.

'He's fine,' Alice whispered in a tight voice. As she spoke, he sat up, and then sprang lightly to his feet. His eyes met mine, and they were horror-struck. At first I thought the horror was for what he had just suffered. But then he looked quickly at Jane, and back to me--and his face relaxed into relief.

I looked at Jane, too, and she no longer smiled. She glared at me, her jaw clenched with the intensity of her focus. I shrank back, waiting for the pain.

Nothing happened.

Edward was by my side, again. He touched Alice's arm, and she surrendered me to him.

Aro started to laugh. 'Ha, ha, ha,' he chuckled. 'This is wonderful!'

Jane hissed in frustration, leaning forward like she was preparing to spring.

'Don't be put out, dear one,' Aro said in a comforting tone, placing a powder-light hand on her shoulder. 'She confounds us all.'

'Ha, ha, ha,' Aro chortled again. 'You're very brave, Edward, to endure in silence. I asked Jane to do that to me once--just out of curiosity. He shook his head in admiration. ..."

-Stephanie Meyer
Copyright 2006

Retyped straight from the book without permission.

Nowhere do we read in there that Edward got into a fight with Felix. No. Where.

Also, no where in the book does a Vampire's skin crack from a blow or blunt trauma. No. Where.

That should put to sleep any disagreements or questioning of what I stated. That's what happens when someone contradicts me: pwnage. lol!

marwash22
Originally posted by dadudemon
You're correct. In book 2, chapter 21 Page 474, 475, and 476 it reads:

"...

'A first," he said to himself. "I wonder if she is immune to our other talents....Jane, dear?'

'No!' Edward snarled the word. Alice grabbed his arm with restraining hand. He shook her off.

Little Jane smiled up happily at Aro. 'Yes, Master?'

Edward truly snarling now, the sound ripping and tearing form him, glaring at Aro with baleful eyes. The room had gone still, everyone watching him with amazed disbelief, as if he were committing some embarrassing social faux pas. I saw Felix grin hopefully and move a step forward. Aro glanced at him once, and he froze in place, his grin turning into a sulky expression.

The he spoke to Jane, 'I was wondering, my dear one, if Bella is immune to you"

I could barely hear Aro over Edward's furious growls. He let go of me, moving to hide me from their view. Caius ghosted in our direction, with his entourage, to watch.

Jane turned toward us with a beatific smile.

'Don't!' Alice cried as Edward launched himself at the little girl.

Before I could react, before anyone could jump between them, before Aro's bodyguards could tense, Edward was on the ground.

No one had touched him, but he was on the stone floor writhing in obvious agony, while I stared in horror.

Jane was smiling only at him now, and it all clicked together. What Alice had said about formidable gifts, why everyone treated Jane with such deference, and why Edward had thrown himself in her path before she could do that to me.

'Stop!' I shrieked, my force echoing in the silence, jumping forward to put myself between them. But Alice threw her arms around me in an unbreakable grasp and ignored my struggles. No sound escaped Edward's lips as he cringed against the stones. It felt lik my head would explode from watching this.

'Jane,' Aro recalled her in a tranquil voice. She looked up quickly, still smiling with pleasure, her eyes questioning. As soon as Jane looked away, Edward was still.

Aro inclined his head toward me.

Jane turned her smile in my direction.

I didn't even meet her gaze. I watched Edward from the prison of Alice's arms, still struggling pointlessly.

'He's fine,' Alice whispered in a tight voice. As she spoke, he sat up, and then sprang lightly to his feet. His eyes met mine, and they were horror-struck. At first I thought the horror was for what he had just suffered. But then he looked quickly at Jane, and back to me--and his face relaxed into relief.

I looked at Jane, too, and she no longer smiled. She glared at me, her jaw clenched with the intensity of her focus. I shrank back, waiting for the pain.

Nothing happened.

Edward was by my side, again. He touched Alice's arm, and she surrendered me to him.

Aro started to laugh. 'Ha, ha, ha,' he chuckled. 'This is wonderful!'

Jane hissed in frustration, leaning forward like she was preparing to spring.

'Don't be put out, dear one,' Aro said in a comforting tone, placing a powder-light hand on her shoulder. 'She confounds us all.'

'Ha, ha, ha,' Aro chortled again. 'You're very brave, Edward, to endure in silence. I asked Jane to do that to me once--just out of curiosity. He shook his head in admiration. ..."

-Stephanie Meyer
Copyright 2006

Retyped straight from the book without permission.

Nowhere do we read in there that Edward got into a fight with Felix. No. Where.

Also, no where in the book does a Vampire's skin crack from a blow or blunt trauma. No. Where.

That should put to sleep any disagreements or questioning of what I stated. That's what happens when someone contradicts me: pwnage. lol! but i didn't contradict you. I simply said, that the fight didn't happen in the book... and you just backed up my statement.

marwash22
@ DDM,

you read and seemingly have a copy of the book. Wouldn't you agree that the powers are exactly the same in book and film?

jinXed by JaNx

If you were expecting a smug contradiction here, you're not getting it.

the effort to point that out was enough for me wink

Robtard
@ DDM's post.

How in the **** do any of you read that? Writing style is horrible and uninteresting.

marwash22
@ DDM's post.

How in the **** do any of you read that? Writing style is horrible. lulz. can't argue.

dadudemon
but i didn't contradict you. I simply said, that the fight didn't happen in the book... and you just backed up my statement.

Oh really?

Let's see what you said....

The reason Edward's skin doesn't crack in the book, is because the fight never happens that way in the book... not because his durability is different.

And you said it similar to that at least one other time before the above post.

(In a school-yard taunting voice) I-caught-you-baaaack-trackiiiiing. Neeeee naaars!

@ DDM,

you read and seemingly have a copy of the book. Wouldn't you agree that the powers are exactly the same in book and film?

They are my wife's books, teehee. I just pulled it out of her end-table. I have read the books, though. Once is enough as I don't need to read a book more than once to remember stuff like that.

Anyway, yeah, their powers are the same, but I don't see why their powers, which is not what is being discussed (in the Robtard to DDM stuff). We were discussing durability which is not a power.

@ DDM's post.

How in the **** do any of you read that? Writing style is horrible and uninteresting.

Truthfully, I ALMOST stopped reading the books completely about 2/3 the way into the first book. It was that bad. I'm one of those ones that has to see or read a shitty movie or book all the way through, if I started it. It's not that the story is bad, it's quite good, actually...the prose is just horrible.

marwash22
so now you're gonna nitpick my statement? The very first time i discussed what happened in New Moon between Felix and Edward, i said the altercation didn't happen that way (meaning, the slamming through stair and to the ground stuff, didn't occur in the book). If you're gonna fault me for phrasing a statement wrong after i had to repeat it several times... ok, but don't wrongly interpret my statements or make it seem like I'm trying to backtrack. Go read everything i wrote and you'll see that i said the exact same thing you said.

And how is durability not apart of a vampire's power-set? That's like saying only offensive weapons are valid weapons. This is very tiring...

XanatosForever
Durability is not a vampire power because all things have durability, it just varies in degrees. The only argument I could make to durability actually being a power is with someone like Colossus, who's mutant power is to literally become more durable.

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Durability is not a vampire power because all things have durability, it just varies in degrees. The only argument I could make to durability actually being a power is with someone like Colossus, who's mutant power is to literally become more durable.

I think the word you're thinking of 'invulnerability.'

A character's durability, especially if he/she has a good amount of it could matter in a fight here. EG The Twilight vamps are more durable than McClane, though not by much.

dadudemon
so now you're gonna nitpick my statement? The very first time i discussed what happened in New Moon between Felix and Edward, i said the altercation didn't happen that way (meaning, the slamming through stair and to the ground stuff, didn't occur in the book). If you're gonna fault me for phrasing a statement wrong after i had to repeat it several times... ok, but don't wrongly interpret my statements or make it seem like I'm trying to backtrack. Go read everything i wrote and you'll see that i said the exact same thing you said.

And how is durability not apart of a vampire's power-set? That's like saying only offensive weapons are valid weapons. This is very tiring...

I don't have to nitpick at all.

I don't have to wrongly interpret them, either.

and Xanatos already replied fer da rest.

Just fess up, man: you effed up. I fess up when I'm wrong. NOT admitting fault, however, does not save face or ego, it just makes you look worse.

XanatosForever
I think the word you're thinking of 'invulnerability.'

A character's durability, especially if he/she has a good amount of it could matter in a fight here. EG The Twilight vamps are more durable than McClane, though not by much.

I always took it to mean how hard it was to really put a dent in the character, to make them stagger and what not.

marwash22
you guys are hilarious. So, Super strength, is a power... but inhuman durability isn't? lulz. So Superman's ability to get shot in the face without harm, doesn't count as a superpower? good to know.

@ DDM.

whatever you say.

jaden101
lulz. think and do what you must.

I said i would obey the rule; but it should be noted that, the rule (as it pertains to Twilight) is stupid considering it's a fact that there are two more Twilight movies (yet to be released) that directly follow along with the books. Saying the facts from the book are invalid is ludicrous when they will all be seen onscreen in a month or so.

...and again, I lulz.

↲↲Like I said, i dont necessarily agree with the rules as it can be pointlessly prohibitive especially when it comes to adaptations of books and more so with comics because there tends to be a lot more abilities and traits inherent to a character that cant be used because they aren't used in film versions. Unfortunately there isn't yet a 'everything vs anything' forum yet so we have to debate to the rules as they are. So by all means start a twilight vs whatever thread in the book section if you wish to use certainpowers and feats which have been in the books but not the films as yet. I also wouldn't argue that absolutely everything from the books will be in the films because its rarely the case.

Wild Shadow
I think you'll be disappointed stick out tongue k, i didnt find it i guess i recalled wrong.

dadudemon
you guys are hilarious. So, Super strength, is a power... but inhuman durability isn't? lulz. So Superman's ability to get shot in the face without harm, doesn't count as a superpower? good to know.

@ DDM.

whatever you say.

It's not a superpower for Vampires when all have it. It's a standard trait.

Super power would be powers and abilities above and beyond when the basic set of traits are: such as mental shields, reading thoughts, controlling the elements.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's not a superpower for Vampires when all have it. It's a standard trait.

Super power would be powers and abilities above and beyond when the basic set of traits are: such as mental shields, reading thoughts, controlling the elements.

No idea the context for this statement cause this thread is a clusterfruck, but superpower is anything beyond human ability.

lilshogun
How will Predators see the Twi Vamps. These Vamps don't emit heat from their bodies.The Twi's hypersenses will detect the Predators and rip their necks apart unless they get tagged by their weapons.

the ninjak
Some utter nonsense comments here! The Cullens will kill them all!

Their speed and strength and durability, plus being expert hunters means they own the field.

And this nonsense about the Alien's acid blood is an absolute joke!
The Cullens don't shoot their prey or use cutting weapons. They will break their necks or use baseball bats/punches/kicks on their skulls.

BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA AND NECK BREAKING WILL AVOID ALL ACID BLOOD!

lilshogun
Give TwiVampire a Samurai sword..Murder she wrote. A Yakuza with a sword killed a Predator mano to mano. Imagine the sheer speed of the vamps.

the ninjak
All they need is metal baseball bats and they're covered. Swords aren't good for the Xenomorphs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.