U.S. Man Hunting Bin Laden Held in Pakistan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
This story made my day when I heard it on the news, the world is full of crazy people smile

An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Osama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

News link 1

News Link 2

dadudemon
Osama Bin Laden has a multi-million dollar reward on his head. It's not that bad of an idea...if you have the resources.

Liberator
40 inch sword? Reminds me of Jack Churchill back in World War 2, carried a claymore and a bow and fought nazi's.

But what better way to fight AK-47s and RPGs than with a 40 inch sword!

The Nuul
Bin would own this guy. Bin has years of combat experience and knows the terrain very well. This guy is some construction worker. Also Bin Laden is in the states hiding or is already dead(both covered up). He wont be around for a while.

Bicnarok

The Nuul

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bin would own this guy. Bin has years of combat experience and knows the terrain very well. This guy is some construction worker. Also Bin Laden is in the states hiding or is already dead(both covered up). He wont be around for a while.

He also walks with a cane and is hooked up to a dialysis machine. If you can take care of all the guards and henchmen, then bin Laden himself is a sitting duck.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
He also walks with a cane and is hooked up to a dialysis machine. If you can take care of all the guards and henchmen, then bin Laden himself is a sitting duck.

facepalm

WickedDynamite
Bin Laden is in North Korea.

Shakyamunison
Bin Laden is my neighbor, and he's always drinking and playing his music way too loud. I'd call the cops on him, but I don't want any trouble.

Robtard
facepalm

By many accounts, Osama's health is declining, arm him with a gun; sure, he's got a shooting chance. But the thought that he'd employ guerrilla tactics ala Rambo is nonsense. Guy's in his 50's and sickly.

Anyhow, this wannabe assassin is an idiot, thinking he'd alone get to Osama.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
By many accounts, Osama's health is declining, arm him with a gun; sure, he's got a shooting chance. But the thought that he'd employ guerrilla tactics ala Rambo is nonsense. Guy's in his 50's and sickly.

I am not saying hes going to be H2H anyone. Hed shoot that stupid yanks ass way before that even happens. Or better yet, this dumb yank would get his ass killed way before he gets to Bin. He doesnt even know where to start looking.

Robtard
I am not saying hes going to be H2H anyone. Hed shoot that stupid yanks ass way before that even happens. Or better yet, this dumb yank would get his ass killed way before he gets to Bin. He doesnt even know where to start looking.

Well yes, as I said, guy's not finding Osama in the first place, let alone getting past his entourage of guards if he were to somehow stubble across him.

But in a 1-to-1 fight, this "stupid yank" as you put it also has a gun and is likely in much better physical shape.

I wonder if Osama carries a gun himself anymore.

inimalist
where is anyone getting the idea that osama was ever a good fighter? he was a Saudi playboy most of his life, and has the distinction of surviving the afghan conflict while leading one of the most inneffective Arab units of the war. further, and I'll expand this when someone asserts differently, but osama himself, and his Arab fighters recieved Saudi funds, not CIA funds, which were only given to domestic afghan groups.

Quiero Mota

Not necessarily.

"A nonchalant wayfarer can more easily enter a city's walls than an army with flying banners, beating drums and thunderous horses".
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War. By international law the US can't invade Pakistan, but a lone, unassuming traveler can. Sun Tzu would applaud this man's efforts.

Thorough out history, lone-wolf assassins have caused some serious damage, major political change and deep repercussions. If anything, he's an "idiot" for getting caught and detained before he could pull the trigger, not for planning it and trying to do it.

Symmetric Chaos
Not necessarily.

"A nonchalant wayfarer can more easily enter a city's walls than an army with flying banners, beating drums and thunderous horses".
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War. By international law the US can't invade Pakistan, but a lone, unassuming traveler can. Sun Tzu would applaud this man's efforts.

Walking through Pakistan with a sword in 2010 is "nonchalant"?

Robtard
Not necessarily.

Thorough out history, lone-wolf assassins have caused some serious damage, major political change and deep repercussions. If anything, he's an "idiot" for getting caught and detained before he could pull the trigger, not for planning it and trying to do it.

Sun Tzu's philosophy is fine and all, but factor in that Osama has been a wanted man for decades with deep pockets to draw from, while this is just a regular guy, he's an idiot for thinking he could get close. Let alone find Osama in the first place.

The CIA reportedly pays money hand-over-fist for information on Osama's current whereabouts, yet this guy is finding him by just asking around or goign on a walkabout through the mountians? Highly unlikely.

Now, a professional assassin or soldier with plenty of money and intel on his side; that speaks the languages of the region and knows the customs, sure.

Shakyamunison
I found a photo of the guy:

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/highlander_connor.jpg

laughing

inimalist
actually, look at the murder of the arch-duke ferdinad. even though it was carried out by a large Serbian organization, in the end, it depended on little more than dumb luck.

obviously the guy had less of a chance than the us intelligence service, but I wouldn't say he couldn't.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Walking through Pakistan with a sword in 2010 is "nonchalant"?

Not really, niether is being a non-South Asian with an American accent in Pakistan.

But its a little more under-the-radar than 300,000 boys in green.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I found a photo of the guy:

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/highlander_connor.jpg

laughing

laughing Happy Dance

Robtard
Not really, niether is being a non-South Asian with an American accent in Pakistan.

But its a little more under-the-radar than 300,000 boys in green.

Thought the Osama operation was being carried out by small groups of special forces?

If the army/marines in force is what they expect to capture or kill Osama with, then our military leaders are morons.

Shakyamunison
Thought the Osama operation was being carried out by small groups of special forces?

If the army/marines in force is what they expect to capture or kill Osama with, then our military leaders are morons.

Or maybe the morons are higher up.

Robtard

Excellent point.

The Nuul

Bush is/was a bigger moron than any General etc...

Symmetric Chaos

You have to be pretty smart to become a Secret Master of the World. I mean, uh, that's what I've heard.

Shakyamunison

Is Bush still the president? confused

The Nuul
Is Bush still the president? confused

Hes still a moron.

Shakyamunison
Hes still a moron.

From the expert...

inimalist

that isn't even close to being true

Quiero Mota

What do you think the invasion of Afghanistan is/was? Yeah, yeah, getting the Taliban and all that, but that was where intel placed bin Laden at the time. But here we are nine years and a zillion dollars later (not to mention all the death), and the govt. is still at square one.

They need to change their tactics, or **** it, just give up. Let him be the one who got away.

inimalist
I tend to think the Pakistanis will get him in the next 4-5 years

he isn't really central to Al Qaeda aside from as a figure head at this point though

Darth Jello
To quote the late great Rik L Rik-

"Men among men you are fighting machines
They know survival when their lives are on the line
Experts at death, they spare no lives
Just pull the pin and count to five

MERCENARIES! THEY KILL FOR PAY!!!
MERCENARIES! DIE THAT WAY!!!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.