Hyperion vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Fight for the title of best Superman rip-off.

Warlord
Glads

Lord Feron
Hype wins, kind of a pussy with his powers like supes.

Bentley
Happened in comics, Glad's stomps.

Lord Feron
I thought this was a contest of who is closer to Superman in likeness? In a fight yeah Glad beats his ass.

Angel Watching
Gladiator. With each punch he'll start saying "Hey this is easy". After 10 of those....

marvelmadness13
Glads snaps Mark's neck.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Happened in comics, Glad's stomps.

If you had read the comic, you'd know Gladiator would not stomp.

Gladiator 6/10 or so. He wins due to being more skilled but knows his been in a hell of a fight. Hyperion and Gladiator seemed to be pretty damn uber in their only fight.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If you had read the comic, you'd know Gladiator would not stomp.

Gladiator 6/10 or so. He wins due to being more skilled but knows his been in a hell of a fight. Hyperion and Gladiator seemed to be pretty damn uber in their only fight.

I know he struggled against Hyperion, he would still win everytime.

guy222
glads

nicamarvin
I know he struggled against Hyperion, he would still win everytime. its Glads more Durable than Hype? I mean to blunt trauma... confused I know he has a crazy healing factor... smokin'

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

tsscls
gladiator

Black bolt z
Originally posted by guy222
glads

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know he struggled against Hyperion, he would still win everytime.

Struggled? They were completely evenly matched physically, and Gladiator won due to his superior skills. In his Universe, there are almost no beings who can match him in power so he never got the opportunity to develop them to the point Gladiator has. And on top of it all, at that time Hyperion was recently depowered or some other shit so he was a bit rusty etc. or something like that anyways.

I don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Gladiator stomps after reading their fight.

the Darkone
Hyperion is underrated, Marvel needs to develope him more, since he is Eternal Marvel has chance to make him Super / Majestic hero.

JakeTheBank
I agree with Glads winning, but he's not stomping Hyperion. And yes, Hyperion should be developed more.

Spire
Gladiator.

Bentley
Struggled? They were completely evenly matched physically, and Gladiator won due to his superior skills. In his Universe, there are almost no beings who can match him in power so he never got the opportunity to develop them to the point Gladiator has. And on top of it all, at that time Hyperion was recently depowered or some other shit so he was a bit rusty etc. or something like that anyways.

I don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Gladiator stomps after reading their fight.

Batman has more skill than Red Arrow, who wins it everytime?

There you go.

celeyhyga17
Gladiator

pym-ftw
Bump for current versions.

zopzop
Gladiator

Blue Area Vet
Glad, no stomp, though.

carver9
Could go either way. For the math geniuses out there, Gladiator flew 200 light yrs in 3 minutes. How fast is that if you had to calculate that with the speed of light? How many times the speed of light would that be?

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Could go either way. For the math geniuses out there, Gladiator flew 200 light yrs in 3 minutes. How fast is that if you had to calculate that with the speed of light? How many times the speed of light would that be?
Look at it this way, ONE light year is : 5,878,499,810,000 miles! Now multiply that by 200 = 1,175,699,962,000,000 miles. Glads covered that distance in a little over 3 mins.

Edit

dial J for Josh
With the date this thread was made, Gladiator wins. With these current versions its an excellent matchup. I give this a stalemate. If I had to choose one though, then I would give a very slight edge to Hyperion.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Look at it this way, ONE light year is : 5,878,499,810,000 miles! Now multiply that by 200 = 1,175,699,962,000,000 miles. Glads covered that distance in a little over 3 mins.

Edit

That's insane.

zopzop
That's insane.
Trying to work out the math to answer your question but I suck at it. It must be hundreds (thousands?) of times the speed of light.

dial J for Josh

Edit

That is beyond impressive. But imagine how fast surfer would have traveled lol, since he is Marvels fastest herald. Now that would be beyond insane.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
That is beyond impressive. But imagine how fast surfer would have traveled lol, since he is Marvels fastest herald. Now that would be beyond insane.

I think you have an agenda against Gladiator.

dial J for Josh
I think you have an agenda against Gladiator.

I know you may think I am being sarcastic due to the recent debates in the Gladiator threads but I have honest intentions here. I was just saying that knowing Surfer is the fastest of all Marvel heralds it would be interesting to see how fast he would have traveled in the same distance. Also I want to let you know that I absolutely love Gladiator. I first found out about him in the X-Men cartoon when he flung Juggernaut when I was a kid and loved him ever since. Also I was so excited and hype to see him in Infinity. I actually wish that he gets more respect and gets his own solo series. I would be the first in line to buy it.

zopzop
I know you may think I am being sarcastic due to the recent debates in the Gladiator threads but I have honest intentions here. I was just saying that knowing Surfer is the fastest of all Marvel heralds it would be interesting to see how fast he would have traveled in the same distance. Also I want to let you know that I absolutely love Gladiator. I first found out about him in the X-Men cartoon when he flung Juggernaut when I was a kid and loved him ever since. Also I was so excited and hype to see him in Infinity. I actually wish that he gets more respect and gets his own solo series. I would be the first in line to buy it.
But in Gladiator's defense, Surfer opens up warps when he goes FTL (or at least he used to).

dial J for Josh
But in Gladiator's defense, Surfer opens up warps when he goes FTL (or at least he used to).

This is also true.

carver9
Honestly don't think Surfer is faster tbh.

zopzop
Can anyone answer Carvster's question? How many times light speed was Gladiator traveling?

Thanos said it would take Glads a little over 3 mins (let's say 4 mins) to reach them from a 200 light year distance.
1 light year = 5,878,499,810,000 miles. So it takes light 365 days to travel that distance. 365 days = 525,949 minutes. It takes light 525,949 minutes to travel 5,878,499,810,000 miles.

200 light years = 1,175,699,962,000,000 miles. So it would take light 73,000 days to travel that distance. 73,000 days = 105,189,800 minutes. It takes light 105,189,800 minutes to travel 1,175,699,962,000,000 miles.

Gladiator covered those 1,175,699,962,000,000 miles in about FOUR minutes.

abhilegend
That's not that fast for space characters TBH. Like for instance Superman just traveled to the other side of the galaxy and back recently in what was likely mere hours. Surfer has traveled lightyears in seconds. Several times. Just recently Thor traveled lightyears in moments against Gorr. Yet we all saw what happened against Angela.

stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's not that fast for space characters TBH. Like for instance Superman just traveled to the other side of the galaxy and back recently in what was likely mere hours. Surfer has traveled lightyears in seconds. Several times. Just recently Thor traveled lightyears in moments against Gorr. Yet we all saw what happened against Angela.

stick out tongue

How many hours.

How many light yrs did Surfer travel?

What number is moments?

LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion crushes Gladiator with the strength to support 2 collapsing universes!

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion crushes Gladiator with the strength to support 2 collapsing universes!

What Herald can match Hyperion with a ft like that?

abhilegend
How many hours.

How many light yrs did Surfer travel?

What number is moments?
Not much. Since Cyborg Superman was about to attack Earth in both start and the end of the flight.

Half a million lightyears.

Less time than it took Gladiator to travel.

LordofBrooklyn
What Herald can match Hyperion with a ft like that?

Not Gladiator or Hulk!

cool

Blue Area Vet
Not much. Since Cyborg Superman was about to attack Earth in both start and the end of the flight.

You do know there is a Superman board, right?

pym-ftw
Can anyone answer Carvster's question? How many times light speed was Gladiator traveling?. 66.6x581000= 38,752,700 x the speed of light

Fixed.
Also rounded down.
geek

Epicurus
It must be hundreds (thousands?) of times the speed of light.
26,280,000 times. Maybe more(I took the higher estimate of 4 minutes).

Epicurus
26 million times.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You do know there is a Superman board, right?
I was just giving a general idea of how fast Heralds travel in speed. For instance, both Supergirl and Superman flew to the other side of galaxy in what appeared to be very short time.

http://i.imgur.com/hFY1qVY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RbVijbA.jpg

Unless they talked for hours, that is.

And then flew back to Earth and saved Lana and Steel from Brainiac's fleet too, which was just starting to attack them when he was at the other side of the galaxy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3950801-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+010-003.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3950800-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+010-004.jpg

Boom, Superman arrives from the other side of the galaxy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3950694-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+010-005.jpg

Pretty fast, huh? Lana just signaled him and he came right away.

carver9

So you honestly don't have any figures for any of the fts you've mentioned? Gotcha.

carver9
Originally posted by Epicurus
26 million times.

Da**

carver9
The scans ABHI posted, both Superman and Supergirl are amped and we have no definitive on how long it took them to get to their destination.

abhilegend
The scans ABHI posted, both Superman and Supergirl are amped and we have no definitive on how long it took them to get to their destination.
Superdoom had Superman's strength amped, not his speed. You can't see Lana signaling Superman just before the ship fires at her and Superman coming to intercept the fire?

facepalmOriginally posted by carver9
So you honestly don't have any figures for any of the fts you've mentioned? Gotcha.
Half a million lightyears/galaxies blurred into motion?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111153880/3725098-1328969736-Silve.jpg

carver9
Superdoom had Superman's strength amped, not his speed. You can't see Lana signaling Superman just before the ship fires at her and Superman coming to intercept the fire?

facepalm
Half a million lightyears/galaxies blurred into motion?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111153880/3725098-1328969736-Silve.jpg

Lol...it isn't Superman ABHI...it's Doomsday and Superman together. You have no proof that his flight speed isn't amped besides your hearsay.

abhilegend
Lol...it isn't Superman ABHI...it's Doomsday and Superman together. You have no proof that his flight speed isn't amped besides your hearsay.
Superdoom's strength is amped by Doomsday. Since Doomsday can't fly, its illogical to think it would amp Superman's flight speed. Any instance of amp has mentioned only strength being amped.

Dear God, you're not this inane, are you?

Delta1938

Edit

That's insane.

Trying to work out the math to answer your question but I suck at it. It must be hundreds (thousands?) of times the speed of light.

Based on Zop's numbers, roughly 35,116,486.32. That's 35 million 116 thousand 486 point 32 times lightspeed.

Prof. T.C McAbe

It doesn't matter how long they needed, if you say the Galaxy is approx. 100.0000 light-years in diameter and they moved from one side to the other, even if they needed 24h, or a week (highly unlikely). it is still insanely fast. So you can calculate this feat.

psycho gundam
Why is superman or any DC character being mentioned in this thread?
Man, you guys are the worst

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It doesn't matter how long they needed, if you say the Galaxy is approx. 100.0000 light-years in diameter and they moved from one side to the other, even if they needed 24h, or a week (highly unlikely). it is still insanely fast. So you can calculate this feat.

It said he flew, amped, to the other side of the Galaxy, not to another Galaxy. What does the other side of the Galaxy means anyways? Then we don't have an answer on how long it took them. Could have been days, weeks, who knows.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It said he flew, amped, to the other side of the Galaxy, not to another Galaxy. What does the other side of the Galaxy means anyways? Then we don't have an answer on how long it took them. Could have been days, weeks, who knows.

It means they crossed 100000 light years and it did't take them weeks, because of the brainiac invasion and the events going on taking just days not weeks, so the most likely and longest time they could need would be 1 day, most likely would be hour but even if you take a day, it's faster than glads.

carver9
It means they crossed 100000 light years and it did't take them weeks, because of the brainiac invasion and the events going on taking just days not weeks, so the most likely and longest time they could need would be 1 day, most likely would be hour but even if you take a day, it's faster than glads.

Where did you get the calculation 100000 light yrs from a statement of "the other side of the Galaxy"?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Where did you get the calculation 100000 light yrs from a statement of "the other side of the Galaxy"?

How big is our Galaxy, dear Carver?

celeyhyga17
Milky Way Galaxy is stated to be around 100,000 - 120,000 light years in diameter.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Milky Way Galaxy is stated to be around 100,000 - 120,000 light years in diameter.

But our solar system isn't on the edge of the Galaxy.

Prof. T.C McAbe

http://www.infiniteartsstudio.com/astro-mandala/image/gallery/solar%20system/24-164xYou-Are-Here-Solar-System.jpg

I alread took 100000 instead of 120000, but let's take just 80000, still faster than Glads wink.

One_Angry_Scot

Well it's not on the edge as such but it is almost on the outskirts

http://imgur.com/a/tpWpH

In terms of the Solar System we are about 25,000 lightyears from the edge of the Milky Way . A bit closer to the edge than you think.

carver9
http://www.infiniteartsstudio.com/astro-mandala/image/gallery/solar%20system/24-164xYou-Are-Here-Solar-System.jpg

I alread took 100000 instead of 120000, but let's take just 80000, still faster than Glads wink.

And the other side of the Galaxy is where? The other side is an open statement.

Prof. T.C McAbe

You loballing needs to stop. Accept that Supes moved at multiple 100-times the speed of light it is nothing new btw.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I want to ask why Superman is being discussed in this thread but at this point, it's expected.....

And I'm sure I can guess who brought him up while trying to imply his superiority to others.

Anyways, split for Hyperion vs. Gladiator.

carver9
You loballing needs to stop. Accept that Supes moved at multiple 100-times the speed of light it is nothing new btw.

You are the ones that brought Superman into a thread not involving the character.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You are the ones that brought Superman into a thread not involving the character.

No need to lowball the feat though. Multiple 100times the speed of light brah ^^.,

carver9
No need to lowball the feat though. Multiple 100times the speed of light brah ^^.,

Super Doom might've went that fast, honestly don't know since we don't have distance/time provided to us. The ft doesn't belong to Superman so it doesn't matter.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Super Doom might've went that fast, honestly don't know since we don't have distance/time provided to us. The ft doesn't belong to Superman so it doesn't matter.
Lol, you are impossible. Pre-DCNu Superman went to the end of the Universe and Superdoom is Superman, the amp goes to his strength. Lowball as much as you want. Supes is faster.

As for this Hyperion wins, he has the better feats.

carver9
Lol, you are impossible. Pre-DCNu Superman went to the end of the Universe and Superdoom is Superman, the amp goes to his strength. Lowball as much as you want. Supes is faster.

As for this Hyperion wins, he has the better feats.

Prove that the amp goes only to his strength. I'm not lowballing.

JBL
Prove that the amp goes only to his strength. I'm not lowballing. Superman is nowhere near as fast as gladiator.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I want to ask why Superman is being discussed in this thread but at this point, it's expected.....

And I'm sure I can guess who brought him up while trying to imply his superiority to others.

laughing out loud

Who else, but their ringleader of pushing agendas.. smh...

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Superman is nowhere near as fast as gladiator.

Nope. Did you see the recent Glads ft? I posted it in his respect thread.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JBL

He is faster, by far and far far stronger as we have seen ^^.

JBL
He is faster, by far and far far stronger as we have seen ^^. False and false. But go peddle superman somewhere else, this is about gladiator and Hyperion, so butt-hurt feelings because glads covered 200 lightyears in less than 4 minutes made you mad because your boy cannot do it.lol

Gladiator.

JBL
Nope. Did you see the recent Glads ft? I posted it in his respect thread. I saw them. It hurt the superman fans so bad that they tried to low-ball gladiator and throw out statements and actual showings of Thanos looking to the stars watching out for gladiator and then getting the hell out of there before gladiator got there. That was not the first time that Thanos was worried about gladiator. Thanos knows that the more gladiator believes in himself the stronger and more powerful he gets, and he knew that gladiator WANTED to face him for a LONG time, plus upon gladiators return being pissed for getting BFR and the added sight of his team down and beaten could possibly make gladiator FAR more dangerous. Thanos is smart.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
I saw them. It hurt the superman fans so bad that they tried to low-ball gladiator and throw out statements and actual showings of Thanos looking to the stars watching out for gladiator and then getting the hell out of there before gladiator got there. That was not the first time that Thanos was worried about gladiator. Thanos knows that the more gladiator believes in himself the stronger and more powerful he gets, and he knew that gladiator WANTED to face him for a LONG time, plus upon gladiators return being pissed for getting BFR and the added sight of his team down and beaten could possibly make gladiator FAR more dangerous. Thanos is smart.

thumb up

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by JBL
I saw them. It hurt the superman fans so bad that they tried to low-ball gladiator and throw out statements and actual showings of Thanos looking to the stars watching out for gladiator and then getting the hell out of there before gladiator got there. That was not the first time that Thanos was worried about gladiator. Thanos knows that the more gladiator believes in himself the stronger and more powerful he gets, and he knew that gladiator WANTED to face him for a LONG time, plus upon gladiators return being pissed for getting BFR and the added sight of his team down and beaten could possibly make gladiator FAR more dangerous. Thanos is smart.

thumb up Yet Carver would still say Hulk beats Gladiator.

thumb up

Carver is finally happy that someone agrees with him and is pleased to have someone white-knighting on his behalf. I am happy he found some peace though. He deserves it. He has been getting decimated on these threads as of late.

h1a8
Average speed? Ok.
3min? Ok

200ly/3min x (60min/hr) x (24hr/day) x (365 days/yr)= 35,040,000ly/yr

Which is 35,040,000 times faster than light.

carver9

Carver is finally happy that someone agrees with him and is pleased to have someone white-knighting on his behalf. I am happy he found some peace though. He deserves it. He has been getting decimated on these threads as of late.

He isn't the only one that agreed with me. Half and half tbh.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Superman is nowhere near as fast as gladiator. why bring up Superman? You know he has traveled to OTHER GALAXIES in mere moments. Even to the Center of the universe in mere moments.

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
Average speed? Ok.
3min? Ok

200ly/3min x (60min/hr) x (24hr/day) x (365 days/yr)= 35,040,000ly/yr

Which is 35,040,000 times faster than light. here carver, this is for you.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Exactly. I think Hyperion beats Gladiator.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
here carver, this is for you.

Beautiful figures. Thanks.

Delta1938

Shut-up, go in the corner and think about what you've done.

Abhi simply argued the travel speed feat isn't that great for space faring characters. Superman was NOT the only example he brought-up. He also brought-up Surfer and Thor travel speed feats he argued were much better. Surfer's got a little attention, I don't think Thor's was touched at all, but carter started arguing Superman's. It's not really what you assume it is.

Originally posted by JBL

I believe you actually think anything you say matters. big grin

Carter needing JBL to White Knight him is pretty sad. JBL is probably going in signing, "I CAN BE YOUR HERO BAY-BEE!!! I CAN KISS AWAY THE PAIN!!"

koJlIGDImiU

abhilegend

I posted Surfer's feats too.

ermOriginally posted by celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Who else, but their ringleader of pushing agendas.. smh...
You're the head cheerleader now?

Enzeru
I don't quite get why some people are assuming that Gladiator traveled 200 light years in under 4 minutes... He didn't.

1. Thanos BFRed Gladiator 200 light years away.
2. Thanos fought Beta Ray Bill.
3. Thanos fought Ronan.
4. Warlock subdued Quasar.
5. Thanos & Warlock took care of Silver Surfer.
6. Thanos & Warlock had their lengthy other-worldy adventure with the changed reality and stuff like that.
7. Thanos & Warlock finished their business and Thanos said that according to his calculations Gladiator would return in 3.6 minutes.

We don't know how long Thanos was fighting the Annihilators and how long he was having his spiritual adventure, but since he was doing quite a lot of stuff during it like walking around and exploring the area, climbing up a mountain and so on, one could assume that it took him long.
And after all that time passed there were 3.6 minutes left until Gladiator would arrive at the scene again.

Estacado
Cause it took Thanos 0.4 minutes to do all that cool shit...duh.biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.