Raikage vs Sakura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
Again, this is an ARM WRESTLING match...

How does Tsunade's apprentice fare against the Raikage?...

Demonic Phoenix
She goes gaga at the sight of the ripped body, imagines him doing it with Sasuke, and forfeits by default.

killermover
She cries like usual.

danteiscool
she doesn't even get a chance to cry as the Raikage breaks her arm off by accident and she goes into shock.

seriously, she's nowhere near the Raikage's level.

dadudemon
She is far stronger than the Raikage being able to punchout even a complete Sage...a level of Sage Mastery not seen among mortal humans since the Great Sage.

If she can do that to the Great Sage of this age, then the Raikage wil turn the page on his AIDS as his defeated outrage materializes on the arm-wrestling stage.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by dadudemon
She is far stronger than the Raikage being able to punchout even a complete Sage...a level of Sage Mastery not seen among mortal humans since the Great Sage.

If she can do that to the Great Sage of this age, then the Raikage wil turn the page on his AIDS as his defeated outrage materializes on the arm-wrestling stage.

laughing out loud

Astner
Aside from his first appearance where he lifts weights A doesn't really have any strength feats. His main attribute seem to be speed, his fighting style even seem impact based.

I would go out on a whim and say Sakura based on hers and Naruto's performance against Kakashi at the beginning of part 2 in the manga. But I'll reserve judgment until further notice.

RE: Blaxican
By feats, Sakura has more brute strength.

On an unrelated note, Raikage would man handle her in a fight.

killermover
Sakura's strength comes from her chakra control not her own. Raikage is naturally strong.

Letum Lettow
They make babies.

Kento
Sakura beats him in an arm wrestling match, and so Raikage kidnaps her.

Q99
Originally posted by Astner
Aside from his first appearance where he lifts weights A doesn't really have any strength feats. His main attribute seem to be speed, his fighting style even seem impact based.

Didn't he make a pretty big crater liger-bombing Sasuke? A's quite strong, though as-of yet I don't think he's shown better than Sakura.

Well, that goes without saying smile

Astner
Originally posted by Q99
Didn't he make a pretty big crater liger-bombing Sasuke?
That's a feat of speed and acceleration, not strength. Think of it as a comet or meteor, the scale of impact is mainly based off the momentum.

King Kandy
He only jumped up a tiny bit, comparatively. Unless Raikage weighs many tons, the momentum alone can't account for that.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Kento

I lol'd IRL.

~ What strength feats does Sakura have, that don't involve her punching something? AFAIK, her strength comes from her releasing chakra just as she punches something.

Kento
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I lol'd IRL.

~ What strength feats does Sakura have, that don't involve her punching something? AFAIK, her strength comes from her releasing chakra just as she punches something. She gets her strength the same way Tsunade does iirc. It's all about amping up with chakra. Just like Butterfly Chouji, and Jirobu also.

Demonic Phoenix
If she's allowed to amp her arm with chakra, Raikage should be allowed to do so as well ha-son

Kento
If she's allowed to amp her arm with chakra, Raikage should be allowed to do so as well ha-son He can try. He's good at failing to do things after all like keeping a certain emo boy down XD no expression

wakkawakkawakka
He can try. He's good at failing to do things after all like keeping a certain emo boy down XD no expression

In Raikage's defense, kishi was protecting the Uchiha like a mother-hen(that likes seeing its children getting beat up). What more could he do?

As for the Sakura vs Raikage debate, if you were to factor in actual strength instead of chakra strenght, Raikage would crap on not just Sakura but Tsunade as well.

P.S: Now that someone has brought the whole chakra strenght up I have a question. Since this is an rm-wrestling match and not an actual fight is the chakra increase even allowed? just asking.

Kento
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
In Raikage's defense, kishi was protecting the Uchiha like a mother-hen(that likes seeing its children getting beat up). What more could he do?

As for the Sakura vs Raikage debate, if you were to factor in actual strength instead of chakra strenght, Raikage would crap on not just Sakura but Tsunade as well.

P.S: Now that someone has brought the whole chakra strenght up I have a question. Since this is an rm-wrestling match and not an actual fight is the chakra increase even allowed? just asking. laughing I wasn't really serious.

Eh, if her chakra amped strength isn't allowed then Sakura has no chance. Since Raikage's nothing but muscle, and Sakura's......Sakura..

Demonic Phoenix
He can try. He's good at failing to do things after all like keeping a certain emo boy down XD no expression

He'll try and succeed admirably against Sakura. That certain emo boy would beat Raikage if they fought now stick out tongue

Kento
He'll try and succeed admirably against Sakura. That certain emo boy would beat Raikage if they fought now stick out tongue Only cause he'll try to kidnap Chouji for the soldier pills to become Butterfly A. Oh wait the Cloud fails at kidnapping too. laughing Certain emo boy can't beat anybody himself. His opponents beat themselves. stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
Only cause he'll try to kidnap Chouji for the soldier pills to become Butterfly A. Oh wait the Cloud fails at kidnapping too. laughing Certain emo boy can't beat anybody himself. His opponents beat themselves. stick out tongue

The Cloud aren't capable of kidnapping their own ninja. 313
Raikage would cause Sakura to be instantly attracted to him.
Only because they realize that that certain emo boy would thrash them very easily. To save themselves from the embarrassment of losing to an emo, they beat themselves stick out tongue

Ban Mido
in my mind this is how it goes, Sakura sits down at the table and is all pumped to do this and Raikage is like "no expression...fine.." and JUST THEN Killer Bee walks by and sees this about to unfold locking eyes with his brother, A then kicks the table up knocking Sakura back and Killer Bee and A proceed to Double Lariat her thus beheading her and then locking hands and having a arm wrestling match of their own using her body as the table.

Astner
Originally posted by King Kandy
He only jumped up a tiny bit, comparatively. Unless Raikage weighs many tons, the momentum alone can't account for that.
He didn't jump at all, he swung Sasuke to the ground like a mallet. Speed was the deciding factor.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/463/04-05/

NemeBro
He didn't jump at all, he swung Sasuke to the ground like a mallet. Speed was the deciding factor.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/463/04-05/ There is no indication of speed at all. no expression

Why would that not be an example of strength?

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
There is no indication of speed at all. no expression

Why would that not be an example of strength?
Go back one page to the panel just before.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/463/03/

It's when he swings him down he gathers speed.

NemeBro
In the same way you throw your fist forward so it will gain speed. no expression

He slammed Sasuke to the ground, shattering the ground with the impact.

Kind of like... All of Sakura's strength feats. They are impact feats.

By that logic we can chalk them all to speed.

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kind of like... All of Sakura's strength feats. They are impact feats.

By that logic we can chalk them all to speed.
Technically you're right.

Actually you're just wrong. no expression

chilled monkey

~ What strength feats does Sakura have, that don't involve her punching something? AFAIK, her strength comes from her releasing chakra just as she punches something.

In ep. 103 she rips the mast of a ship from the deck and swings it at some enemies like a club.

NemeBro
Technically you're right. Velocity x mass right?

In real life, not magic fiction land, you need some amount of strength to throw a strong punch (Generally, leverage is also a big factor), hell, you do not even really need speed for what Raikage did, a powerbomb.

Q99
So yea, the Liger Bomb is about as solid a strength feat as you'll get.

I think the crater's a bit bigger than one of Sakura's punches, but it's a full-body both arms move, so per-arm she might have a bit more power.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
So yea, the Liger Bomb is about as solid a strength feat as you'll get.

I think the crater's a bit bigger than one of Sakura's punches, but it's a full-body both arms move, so per-arm she might have a bit more power.
He also needs strength to pick up Sasuke and build up speed for the Liger-bomb.

When it comes to strength, only Tsunade's greater than her IMO. And Sage Mode Naruto of course.

Though afaik, Sakura's strength comes from releasing chakra right at the point of impact, so unless she plans on slapping Raikage's hand during the arm-wrestling match, I don't see how she can win.
Unless of course, she can put chakra in her arms to make them strong for longer than a second.

Originally posted by chilled monkey
In ep. 103 she rips the mast of a ship from the deck and swings it at some enemies like a club.
That's a filler episode, and I don't think it's canon.

dadudemon
Go back one page to the panel just before.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/463/03/

It's when he swings him down he gathers speed.

laughing laughing

The Raikage is a gangster!

laughing laughing

Look at his pants, all saggin'.

Kishi is my new hero.

Q99
Baggy pants are fairly standard in Narutoverse.

Astner
Originally posted by Q99
Baggy pants are fairly standard in Narutoverse.
I think he's referring to what appears to be A's third leg sticking out at the right (A's left).

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
They make babies. Originally posted by Kento

Like I said...

chilled monkey
That's a filler episode, and I don't think it's canon.

Beg your pardon, but why would you think that?

It happened in the anime so it's canon.

Q99

The anime is often made without input of the original author and sometimes stuff that happens in it doesn't exactly fit with stuff from the manga. Like a ninja village so incredibly weak as having to rely on genin Naruto to save it, or genin Hinata coming up on her own with a better version of the Hyuuga secret rotation technique (which chunin Hinata hasn't shown having even the basic version of. It's a cool ep, but still).

Power levels in the anime yo-yo up and down. I'd rate it as a secondary canon, only to be taken when it doesn't contradict the main canon.

Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Q99
The anime is often made without input of the original author and sometimes stuff that happens in it doesn't exactly fit with stuff from the manga. Like a ninja village so incredibly weak as having to rely on genin Naruto to save it, or genin Hinata coming up on her own with a better version of the Hyuuga secret rotation technique (which chunin Hinata hasn't shown having even the basic version of. It's a cool ep, but still).

Power levels in the anime yo-yo up and down. I'd rate it as a secondary canon, only to be taken when it doesn't contradict the main canon.

^ Pretty much that.

Even though this is the anime versus forum, it doesn't change the fact that the Manga overrides the Anime when it comes to canonicity.
Sakura hasn't displayed strength feats that involve lifting and such afaik. All of her strength feats are based on sending out chakra at the instant of impact.

She managed to override Sasori's flying abilities and toss him around like a rag doll. shrug

Q99
That said, the mast-swinging example doesn't really contradict anything from the manga.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
She managed to override Sasori's flying abilities and toss him around like a rag doll. shrug Personally I view Raikage's powerbomb as more of a strength feat, in fact I am pretty sure it is better than any of Sakura's impact feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.