Official: Obama/Justice Department plans to sue over Arizona immigration law

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
CNN) -- Obama administration lawyers are planning to file a legal challenge to a controversial Arizona immigration law within a month, according to a senior administration official.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/18/us.arizona.immigration.law/index.html?hpt=T1

unbelievable. why would you do that obama. he just doesn't get it does he. i've had enough of his incompetence.

Shakyamunison
It is the best thing that could have happen. Now the true about the law will be reviled. If it is a bad law, then it deserves to be put down, but if it is a good law, then it will stand.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
CNN) -- Obama administration lawyers are planning to file a legal challenge to a controversial Arizona immigration law within a month, according to a senior administration official.

unbelievable. why would you do that obama. he just doesn't get it does he. i've had enough of his incompetence.

yeah I know.Never thought a president could be worse than Bush but Obama is.

FistOfThe North
well, they're kinda the same. it's just one's pro-defense for all the wrong reasons and the other is anti-defense for all the wrong reasons.

but both are major dunces but obama keeps dropping the ball with his pseuedo regal ass.

chomperx9
i agree to this immigration law. if its no big deal to hire illegal immigrants than why do passports exist ?

if you go to mexico and have a child. they send you and your child back to where you came from. they should have the same law here in the states

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is the best thing that could have happen. Now the true about the law will be reviled. If it is a bad law, then it deserves to be put down, but if it is a good law, then it will stand.

it's gonna stand because it's a good law. i'm shocked as to why the leader of our nation would think otherwise.

like wth? why would you go against protecting our borders so that people can enter illegaly. makes me question his motives. is there a bigger picture?

mexico enforces it immigration laws hardcore. like you'd get arrested, probably shot at, without question if you entered mexico illegaly, yet we have an american president fighting to grant unblocked access to undocumented illegal immigrants into our country.

??????

inimalist
aren't you black?

chomperx9
it's gonna stand because it's a good law. i'm shocked as to why the leader of our nation would think otherwise.

like wth? why would you go against protecting our borders so that people can enter illegaly. makes me question his motives. is there a bigger picture?

mexico enforces it immigration laws hardcore. like you'd get arrested, probably shot at, without question if you entered mexico illegaly, yet we have an american president fighting to grant unblocked access to undocumented illegal immigrants into our country.

?????? good words. like I said above if its ok to hire illegal immigrants and let who ever cross the border when ever they want then what are passports good for and what is the point of signing the immigration forms when flying international ?
or what are IDs good for then ?

I agree to the law in mexico which sould be the same here. you have a baby in a country where you are not a citizen they should send you back and your baby to where you came from.

people cross the border then have children here on purpose so it gives them the excuse to stay here. i dont agree to that

Shakyamunison

??????

I agree that the law if fine, but there are so many people who say that the law is racist.

Mr Parker
All the more reason anybody with a brain should not go along with this wish of Obama's in the fact that marxist Mrs Clinton is giving Obama kudo's here.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/17/ clinton_obama_administration_to_sue_arizona_over_i
mmigration_law.html

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by inimalist
aren't you black?

no, i'm not.

Robtard
I agree that the law if fine, but there are so many people who say that the law is racist.

Haven't paid too much attention to the details here, as it's Arizona and in imo, it's a crappy state.

But how is the law racist? It's against the hiring of illegal immigrants, right; not just Mexican illegal immigrants?

Edit: Read up on it, while it's not racist, it's basically functionally racist, as Latinos are the group it's specifically going to target, as I can't see an Arizona cop pulling over a Caucasian, Asian or Negro and asking them for their legal-papers.

FistOfThe North
why would that matter what race i am anyway. what he does affects us all. whites, blacks, hispanics, americans.

if i were black am i supose to side with him because he's black too? c'mon inimalist. i thought you a bit smarter than that, man.

Robtard
no, i'm not.

Woah, since when did you stop identifying yourself as Black?

inimalist
why would that matter what race i am anyway. what he does affects us all. whites, blacks, hispanics, americans.

if i were black am i supose to side with him because he's black too? c'mon inimalist. i thought you a bit smarter than that, man.

actually, I thought as a racial minority you would be sensitive to laws that promote racial stereotyping. I don't care who or why you support in office, I was more interested in why you thunk it is ok for Arizona police to profile Latino people.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by chomperx9
good words. like I said above if its ok to hire illegal immigrants and let who ever cross the border when ever they want then what are passports good for and what is the point of signing the immigration forms when flying international ?
or what are IDs good for then ?

I agree to the law in mexico which sould be the same here. you have a baby in a country where you are not a citizen they should send you back and your baby to where you came from.

people cross the border then have children here on purpose so it gives them the excuse to stay here. i dont agree to that

i always saw that as a gray area. like i never knew if it was right or wrong. like if your born in the u.s. you're a citizen but your parents came here illegaly so what happens because of that. should the baby be deported along with it's illegal parents or not or what? it becomes just as much a moral issue than a legal one.

it's still wrong for a parent to abuse the system like that. a system that would harshly penalize american parent offenders had the tables were turned and this was done in mexico.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Robtard
Woah, since when did you stop identifying yourself as Black?

i'm hispanic, you know that. both my parents are dominican and i was born in brooklyn.

Robtard
i'm hispanic, you know that. both my parents are dominican and i was born in brooklyn.

I know your background, but you used to identify yourself as Black. Which I why I was confused when you said "no" now. All good.

FistOfThe North
actually, I thought as a racial minority you would be sensitive to laws that promote racial stereotyping. I don't care who or why you support in office, I was more interested in why you thunk it is ok for Arizona police to profile Latino people.

first off let's it be know i'm not against immigration. i'm against illegal immigration.

now, it's known that the vast majority of illegal immigrants that flow into this country in the southwest, where it's become an uncontrollable problem, daily, are latinos mostly mexicans. therefore it's only correct, as a law enforcement officer, especially a federal one, to question someone whom may fit that profile. if you're legal then you should be ok and should have no problem with the process. in fact you should be happy knowing actions are being taken to protect our borders against illegal immigration which has been the scourge, especially in the southwest, of society. and there's now way of tracing anyone or anything they do because they're undocumented. they're a good chunk of the reason that there's drain on the nations economy.

enough of being an illegal in the u.s. and getting free care, while paying no taxes, get fed. housing and entering into schools over u.s. born citizens on the american dime.

mexico would totally profile ever harsher while crushing anyone or group in opposition had it been a huge problem there.

FistOfThe North
I know your background, but you used to identify yourself as Black. Which I why I was confused when you said "no" now. All good.

proof please..

Robtard
proof please..

All those 'White-people are racist and they hate me because I'm black' threads you used to make, back when you had a different outlook on life/people.

Really, dude, come on.

FistOfThe North
i've never said i was black person..

inimalist
first off let's it be know i'm not against immigration. i'm against illegal immigration.

now, it's known that the vast majority of illegal immigrants that flow into this country in the southwest, where it's become an uncontrollable problem, daily, are latinos mostly mexicans. therefore it's only correct, as a law enforcement officer, especially a federal one, to question someone whom may fit that profile. if you're legal then you should be ok and should have no problem with the process. in fact you should be happy knowing actions are being taken to protect our borders against illegal immigration which has been the scourge, especially in the southwest, of society. and there's now way of tracing anyone or anything they do because they're undocumented. they're a good chunk of the reason that there's drain on the nations economy.

enough of being an illegal in the u.s. and getting free care, while paying no taxes, get fed. housing and entering into schools over u.s. born citizens on the american dime.

mexico would totally profile ever harsher while crushing anyone or group in opposition had it been a huge problem there.

yes, exactly, it was this position that I found strange comming from a racial minority

FistOfThe North
yes, exactly, it was this position that I found strange comming from a racial minority

?

you just keep surprising me with every post.

i'm an american first. secondly do you think just because i come from a racial "minority" i should sympathize with what you think is something anti-minority even if it's wrong?

this can't be you, inimalist.

just incase:

- if you're inimalists' little bro or sister and you're on here messing around and writing on here using inimalists account he's gonna find out.. -

inimalist
?

you just keep surprising me with every post.

i'm an american first. secondly do you think just because i come from a racial "minority" i should sympathize with what you think is something anti-minority even if it's wrong?

this can't be you, inimalist.

just incase:

- if you're inimalists' little bro or sister and you're on here messing around and writing on here using inimalists account he's gonna find out.. -

I'm happy it surprises you. yes, my thoughts were that you would sympathize with others of your ethnicity who are now essentialy allowed to be harrassed and surveyed by the police. it turns out this isn't the case. colour me surprised

Symmetric Chaos
i've never said i was black person..

The "I got called a n*gger" thread was basically the same thing.

Shakyamunison
Haven't paid too much attention to the details here, as it's Arizona and in imo, it's a crappy state.

But how is the law racist? It's against the hiring of illegal immigrants, right; not just Mexican illegal immigrants?

Edit: Read up on it, while it's not racist, it's basically functionally racist, as Latinos are the group it's specifically going to target, as I can't see an Arizona cop pulling over a Caucasian, Asian or Negro and asking them for their legal-papers.

That is why I said:

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The "I got called a n*gger" thread was basically the same thing.

yea, i was called that, and? dude thought i was black but i've never said that i was black.

anyway to get back to topic we'll just wait and see what'll here with this case. let's hope he fails miserably for making such an anti-american move. sueing a fellow state that wants to protect herself from foreign invaders whom want to enter the country illegaly and demand tax payer assistance or else.

Quiero Mota

Obama only did this to kiss Hispanic ass for when he re-runs in 2012.

WickedDynamite

Arizona would do the right thing. Keep the law and then counter-law suit the federal government for lack of support.

Once again this administration keeps showing how clever they are....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.