Tribe of the Lost Sith vs The Yuuzhan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The Tribe is attacked by the Vong . . . who would win this war? Battle site is Kesh.

Q99
How many Vong?

Because the full force of the Vong'll steamroll them.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Q99
How many Vong?

Because the full force of the Vong'll steamroll them.

Quoted For Truth.

The entire Yuuzhan Vong would pwn the Tribe in a single planetary "war".

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, you can't really compare the two. The Vong just base-delta-zero the planet. Game over. Only the Empire could defeat the Vong 1v1.

edit: Granted, the Galatic Alliance kinda did, but they are more individual groups. It took the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant, the Chiss, exterminated the Yevetha, and dominated the Hutts after they turned on them. They're really powerful.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yeah, you can't really compare the two. The Vong just base-delta-zero the planet. Game over. Only the Empire could defeat the Vong 1v1.

edit: Granted, the Galatic Alliance kinda did, but they are more individual groups. It took the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant, the Chiss, exterminated the Yevetha, and dominated the Hutts after they turned on them. They're really powerful.

Plus Draka level luck. They won just as much due to the incompetence of their foes as much as their own strength.

Funny, isn't it? The big bad empire that was obsessed with purity and didn't much give a damn about the minority aliens and were often openly hostile were far more competent and capable than the oh so multi-cultural New Republic. I'm betting a lot of humans remember that the Empire would have stomped the shit out of the Vong.

truejedi
Having everyone serve in the military doesn't make the Empire better though, just more militarily capable.

Enyalus
Originally posted by truejedi
Having everyone serve in the military doesn't make the Empire better though, just more militarily capable.
"In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society."

big grin Palpatine was right.

truejedi
Palpatine was wrong about everything but the military ability on the outside. On the inside, things were pretty bad for a lot of his peeps.

Enyalus
I'm human. It's all good. Unless I lived on Alderaan.

Q99
Originally posted by Letum Lettow

Funny, isn't it? The big bad empire that was obsessed with purity and didn't much give a damn about the minority aliens and were often openly hostile were far more competent and capable than the oh so multi-cultural New Republic. I'm betting a lot of humans remember that the Empire would have stomped the shit out of the Vong.

Though if the Empire had never been undermined by the Sith over an extended period and then taken over, you'd have a unified Old Republic in it's place.

Republics have fought off big military threats before, but the NR was still young and trying to consolidate it's power, not yet coalescing into a unified whole.

Enyalus
I don't think the Old Republic kept a standing army until Palpatine commissioned the Clone Army. So no, if the Sith hadn't undermined the Republic and made it the Empire, the Vong probably would've had their way with a lot of ease.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Q99
Though if the Empire had never been undermined by the Sith over an extended period and then taken over, you'd have a unified Old Republic in it's place.

Republics have fought off big military threats before, but the NR was still young and trying to consolidate it's power, not yet coalescing into a unified whole.
Incorrect and I think you meant if the Republic had never been undermined by the Sith.
Incorrect.

For most of their history, Bane's order just hid. It wasn't until Palpatine that the Sith started to have a noticeable influence. The corruption and fall of the Republic was merely hastened by Palpatine taken advantage of opportunities and corrupt people already there. The system was already broken. Without the Republic already screwing over itself, Palpatine's rise to power and many of his scheme's would have failed or not been possible in the first place. Even if Bane's order were responsible, it would literally be impossible for them to have been more than a noted factor rather than the most important one.

See, one of the biggest problems was that they moved away from the original Old Republic method of maintaining order, safety, security, and law. Which was the Republic military. Without this, the only reason to be part of the Republic was for economic purposes. And as we can infer from the Trade Federation incident on Naboo, it would have simply crumbled without the ability to protect itself or it's interest, with corporations having access to stupendous levels of military might.

The Old Republic would have and could have sent a small fleet to investigate Naboo and crushed the fleet there with reinforcements if necessary. Also, without a decent standing Navy at the very least, the Republic had no way of preventing Corp's from having utterly massive arsenals.

However, they still had the Jedi. Unfortunately, the Jedi also got neutered at the formation of the Ruusan Republic. They could have functioned as a small but superbly powerful and effective police force/SWAT/Spec Ops. Like Russian spetnaz, but with concern for life. This could have been enough to substitute for a massive military.
These Jedi would have been far inclined to be warriors and be far more involved in the Republic. But that's a massive double edged sword.

See, all these reforms happened for several reasons. Some of them include the fact that many times in history the main reason fallen jedi posed such a large threat was that they tended to be powerful, charismatic individuals who could command significant portions of the already existing military personel and structure. Revan and Malak come to mind. It's likely that Dooku would have been next in line of that tradition had Sidious not got to him first. Sure, Sidious revealed the corruption, but those thoughts had to have already been floating aroud for some time for Dooku to accept it as truth, regardless of how persuasive Palpatine(A stupidly good charmer and seducer, on par with many myths of Lucifer) was.

Ok, I was going to continue but then I realized how stupidly huge this amount of effort is. I hope it's enough to get the thought process through.

BruceSkywalker
what are the abilities of the tribe

Hewhoknowsall
Incorrect and I think you meant if the Republic had never been undermined by the Sith.
Incorrect.

For most of their history, Bane's order just hid. It wasn't until Palpatine that the Sith started to have a noticeable influence. The corruption and fall of the Republic was merely hastened by Palpatine taken advantage of opportunities and corrupt people already there. The system was already broken. Without the Republic already screwing over itself, Palpatine's rise to power and many of his scheme's would have failed or not been possible in the first place. Even if Bane's order were responsible, it would literally be impossible for them to have been more than a noted factor rather than the most important one.

See, one of the biggest problems was that they moved away from the original Old Republic method of maintaining order, safety, security, and law. Which was the Republic military. Without this, the only reason to be part of the Republic was for economic purposes. And as we can infer from the Trade Federation incident on Naboo, it would have simply crumbled without the ability to protect itself or it's interest, with corporations having access to stupendous levels of military might.

The Old Republic would have and could have sent a small fleet to investigate Naboo and crushed the fleet there with reinforcements if necessary. Also, without a decent standing Navy at the very least, the Republic had no way of preventing Corp's from having utterly massive arsenals.

However, they still had the Jedi. Unfortunately, the Jedi also got neutered at the formation of the Ruusan Republic. They could have functioned as a small but superbly powerful and effective police force/SWAT/Spec Ops. Like Russian spetnaz, but with concern for life. This could have been enough to substitute for a massive military.
These Jedi would have been far inclined to be warriors and be far more involved in the Republic. But that's a massive double edged sword.

See, all these reforms happened for several reasons. Some of them include the fact that many times in history the main reason fallen jedi posed such a large threat was that they tended to be powerful, charismatic individuals who could command significant portions of the already existing military personel and structure. Revan and Malak come to mind. It's likely that Dooku would have been next in line of that tradition had Sidious not got to him first. Sure, Sidious revealed the corruption, but those thoughts had to have already been floating aroud for some time for Dooku to accept it as truth, regardless of how persuasive Palpatine(A stupidly good charmer and seducer, on par with many myths of Lucifer) was.

Ok, I was going to continue but then I realized how stupidly huge this amount of effort is. I hope it's enough to get the thought process through.

I agree that it was stupid for the Republic to disband their military. Had they not received the Clone Army and made the Grand Army of the Republic (which turned out to be a trap), the Trade Federation alone could have taken over the Republic.

Letum Lettow
That's made something click in my head.

Maybe by Golden Age, Lucas meant the Golden Age of the Jedi's peacekeeping abilities. The Old Jedi always had the Republic Navy and military to fall back on but in the PT Republic only the Jedi were there to resolve conflicts.

There might be a very good reason why few warriors were needed in the PT order.

They were very good at solving conflicts with negotiations...

That maybe why Qui-Gon being a Jal-Shey was tolerated.

Jal-Shey were occasionally referred to as Light Sith.

Lord Lucien
And that also explains why the PT Jedi, with no terrible opponents to face in 1000 years, possessed the greatest swordsmen and most powerful members the Order had ever seen.

Oh...

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And that also explains why the PT Jedi, with no terrible opponents to face in 1000 years, possessed the greatest swordsmen and most powerful members the Order had ever seen.

Oh... Exceptions. I'm focusing on the important part.

The Majority. The part that matters. Not statitstical anomalies.

Also, Coleman Trebor.

Enyalus
lmao

I wish I had a .gif of his fail.

Lord Lucien
Exceptions. I'm focusing on the important part.

The Majority. The part that matters. Not statitstical anomalies. The no-name knights and padawans of the PT "Golden Diplomacy" era are different from the knights and padawans of the pre-PT "Golden... whatever" era? Sources?

The greatest swordsmen and most powerful masters of the entire Jedi Order's existence evolved out of it's Golden Age of peacekeeping and negotiations? Right.

Also, Coleman Trebor. Representative Jar Jar Binks. eek!

Letum Lettow
1. Saying that the PT were the Golden Age of total Combat power is rather retarded.

For so many goddamn reasons. And besides, being able to keep the peace without any need of the military like that with only a minimum of ofrce would be ideal for the Jedi.

Lord Lucien
1. Saying that the PT were the Golden Age of total Combat power is rather retarded.As truthful as it is, it's not nice to call Lucas retarded. He can't help it.

For so many goddamn reasons. And besides, being able to keep the peace without any need of the military like that with only a minimum of ofrce would be ideal for the Jedi. Yup. "Keepers of the peace. Not soldiers."

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
As truthful as it is, it's not nice to call Lucas retarded. He can't help it.

Yup. "Keepers of the peace. Not soldiers."

We might just be friends after all. Happy Dance

Lord Lucien
*music note* Looks like we maaaade it...

The PT Jedi were the best of their Order. It just wasn't because of their negotiation and peacekeeping skills (that should make them less combat-able, over time). It's because some billionaire with authority said they were. erm

Letum Lettow
Their specific order post-ruusan?

Just as Palps is the strongest of Bane's?

shifty

Lord Lucien
Their specific order post-ruusan?

Just as Palps is the strongest of Bane's?

shifty No, all 25,000 glorious years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.