Tetsuo Shima vs. Dark Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Two awesomely powerful psychic personalities.

Tetsuo Shima from Akira and Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix from X-Men 3.

No special scenarios. Just mind against mind.

Fight takes place in downtown Neo-Tokyo from the film Akira.

Both are at full power, and their minds are not clouded by their anger or emotions as seen in the films.

(I'm trying to break this fad of f*cking vampire threads.)

marwash22
Typically when it's a battle between two psychics, all other powers will quickly become moot and it'll just be an astral plane type mental battle. Now, Akira is an all time favorite of mine and Tetsuo was a bamf...

that said, if Jean didn't completely obliterate Tetsuo within seconds of the battle starting, the phoenix force would mind rape the shit out him.

NemeBro
Testuo RAPES Phoenix from the movie. no expression

Impediment
The way I see it, either Tetsuo explodes Jean or Jean disintegrates Tetsuo. The factor here is who can resist the longest.

marwash22
Phoenix in the movie was unstoppable, she mindraped Prof.x with ease, disintegrated hundreds of people in a second and the only reason she was able to be touched at all is because Jean let Logan gut punch her. In this scenario Jean/Phoenix is in full control...

Tetsuo doesn't stand a chance.

BruceSkywalker
Tetsuo's only chance here is that he has no chance.. Dark Phoenix stomps

Impediment
Gonna have to go with Tetsuo here. He survived in orbit, destroyed a tank, stopped a tank shell, can fly, and can regen his body with scrap metal.

marwash22
Originally posted by Impediment
Gonna have to go with Tetsuo here. He survived in orbit, destroyed a tank, stopped a tank shell, can fly, and can regen his body with scrap metal. Phoenix can do all of those things, but at a much faster rate. She completely obliterated a building in 2 seconds. The only thing she can't do is regen an arm using metal... but she doesn't need to because nothing can touch her.

This will come down to who has the more powerful mind and who can bfr their opponent first. Tetsuo has power limited only by what his brain can manifest... Phoenix force has power limited only by the collective power of all living things.

Basically, it's the human brain operating at 100% capacity vs. a cosmic entity that has no limitation on where it draws power.

haha, Phoenix rapes!

Impediment
Wrong, professor.

Both Jean's and Tetsuo's frail psyches are pitted together.

Dark Phoenix in X-Men 3 is not at all a "cosmic entity". Read the MVF Golden Rule: Screen feats only. Jean's powers were too much for her and warped her psyche. Period. She was a level 5 mutant with awesome psychic/TK powers. Just like Tetsuo has, except he is not a mutant. There was no mention of the Phoenix Force or cosmic entity at all.

Jean didnt even have control of herself while in "Dark Phoenix mode". Tetsuo was sane, but very enraged. He took it all out on Neo Tokyo.

marwash22
Sweet jesus, foiled again by that dumbass rule. I gotta remember to keep that in mind.

Uh, ok... cartoon character wins.

EDIT: Though, Jean displayed the ability to disintegrate much faster than Tetsuo can blow shit up. Whatever though, this is hard to debate when i can't use character facts and I'm only permitted to use on screen feats roll eyes (sarcastic)

Impediment
If it means anything, I am considering deleting that rule.

I think that it hinders a lot of good debate. The only reason I made it in the first place was to avoid shit talking and road blocks.

marwash22
Nah, i just need to keep the rule in mind when making my choices.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Testuo RAPES Phoenix from the movie. no expression

This. I don't even like Tetsuo or that anime, but he rapestomps Movie Phoenix with ease.

Placidity
Originally posted by Impediment
If it means anything, I am considering deleting that rule.

I think that it hinders a lot of good debate. The only reason I made it in the first place was to avoid shit talking and road blocks.

I don't think you should delete it, but maybe leave it up to OP to specify which versions are used or something.

RE: Blaxican
Tetsuo slaughters. wtf are people thinking. erm

Jean couldn't even tax Logan's healing factor... comic book verison might have a chance. Movie version? Nada.

Placidity
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Jean couldn't even tax Logan's healing factor...

Yes she can.

marwash22
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Tetsuo slaughters. wtf are people thinking. erm

Jean couldn't even tax Logan's healing factor... comic book verison might have a chance. Movie version? Nada. Comic book version might have a chance? lulz. Comic book version of Phoenix would rape.

As for the rule, it's fine in principle. This is the movie forum afterall and if you do away with it, this might as wel be the comicbook forum. I just need to keep it mind. Also, it really hasn't been a problem has it?... except for Twilight.

Robtard
Good match-up, I'd give the edge to Dark Phoenix, besides her ability to disintegrate people in seconds and destroy shit around her, she was able to beat Xavier (who would mentally ass-rape Tetsuo) in a battle of the mind.

Do love Akira, epic film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.