double standard in the judicial system

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
when will the double standard in the judicial system stop when will we say enough is enough,,,

4 women tie, blind fold and sexually assault a man and belittle him while naked.. and all they get is minor probation if it was a man who did this to a woman he be in prison for at least half a decade.

ooh forgot to mention they crazy clued his penis to his stomach

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ women_avoid_jail_in_penis_glue_plot_tJEgBDsYQFiYN1
scME6p4K

CHILTON, Wis. — A Wisconsin woman who tied up a cheating lover and glued his penis to his stomach said Tuesday that she didn't mean to hurt him and only overreacted because he had tried to contact her 12-year-old daughter.

Therese A. Ziemann, 48, of Menasha, said she and three other women only meant to confront the married man about his cheating ways. Her decision to grab the bottle of nail glue from her makeup bag was "a stupid spur-of-the-minute decision," she said.

"I had just found my daughter's number in his cell phone," she said outside a Calumet County courtroom. "It was just a warning from me to him, to stay away from the kids."

Ziemann, her sister, another lover and the man's wife were all sentenced Tuesday to one year probation plus community service for their roles in the revenge plot. A judge also imposed and stayed jail sentences of 60 days for Ziemann and 30 days for the other three, meaning they would only serve the jail terms if they violate the conditions of their probation.

Ziemann, a mother of six, acknowledged that she lured the 37-year-old man to a motel last J
The 48-year-old mum-of-six then slapped Davis in the face, cut off his underwear and used nail glue to stick his member to his stomach.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ women_avoid_jail_in_penis_glue_plot_tJEgBDsYQFiYN1
scME6p4K#ixzz0rSQFRjlz

RE: Blaxican
It will end when Women go back to just being our slaves, and thus no longer a walking contradiction. Women like to profess that that they can do anything a Man can do and thus should be treated so, and yet when they are expected to take beatings and rapings as well as us, they falter and complain. It's not fair at all.

- - -

Obviously, I'm being satirical. But, there is a definite double standard between the two genders.

Quiero Mota
Depends on the crime. There are some crimes where men are prosecuted and punished more harshly, and the same is true with women.

Male teachers who have sex with under-aged students are more harshly punished than women who do the same. But women who murder their children are more harshly punished than men who do the same.

dadudemon
I remember reading a few studies for a paper I wrote.

This study seems familiar as I remember one from Texas...but the researcher's name isn't sounding familiar:

http://works.bepress.com/gang_lee/5/

Abstract:

Anyway, I don't remember reading about women getting harsher sentences for violent crimes against their own children...or any children. It seemed, generally, that women got lighter sentences for everything, across the board with some of the 'data' getting harsher than the average for males. But, this is about the average, not the exception.

Peach
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

4 women tie, blind fold and sexually assault a man and belittle him while naked.. and all they get is minor probation if it was a man who did this to a woman he be in prison for at least half a decade.

Actually, chances are more likely that if it was a man that did that, they'd never even be brought up on charges.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Peach
Actually, chances are more likely that if it was a man that did that, they'd never even be brought up on charges.

Because someone would just kill him?

Liberator
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Good point.

You think of sexual assault you think of men and the punishments they recieve. I can't even think of 5 sexual assault cases caused by women.

I think it's the other way around Peach. You always hear about men sexually assaulting women, but if you want to hear it the other way around you really have to dig deep in the news the never really publicise any of that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

No, I think she's making a dark joke about men who get away with that type of assault.

inimalist
is there actually evidence that if men did the same they would get 5 years? maybe this is just the Canadian in me, but who engage in assault over drugs don't get 5 years...

inimalist
Originally posted by Liberator
Good point.

You think of sexual assault you think of men and the punishments they recieve. I can't even think of 5 sexual assault cases caused by women.

I think it's the other way around Peach. You always hear about men sexually assaulting women, but if you want to hear it the other way around you really have to dig deep in the news the never really publicise any of that.

men rarely, RARELY, report sexual assualt

that being said, I can think of reasons other than media burrying the story that may explain such a lack of female-to-male sexual abuse

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by inimalist
is there actually evidence that if men did the same they would get 5 years? maybe this is just the Canadian in me, but who engage in assault over drugs don't get 5 years... Sentencing for rape varies depending on circumstances and locale. However, Department of Justice (DOJ) reports this:

The average sentence for criminals convicted of rape in the United States (and released in 1992) is 117 months. The average time served is 65 months, which equates to 56 percent of the actual sentence served. For crimes of sexual assault, the average sentence is 72 months, and the average time served is 35 months, equating to 49 percent of time served. (Greenfeld, Lawrence A., 1995, "Prison Sentences and Time Served for Violence," page 1, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.)

I found this information at: http://ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/ncvrw/1996/m-rape.htm

its just a number i threw out as the bare minimum not including other crimes that could be added like sexual, assault, false imprisonment possibly even a hate crime due to gender.. wink

inimalist
lol, do you have a comparable situation where men were charged with rape? that sounds like a lot of hyperbole to me, and from what you have posted, there is absolutly no rape charge. in fact, it is really only sexual in that it was his penis that was assaulted. I'll call it sexual assault, but like, if a couple of guys tied up a cheating girl, slapped her, and like put glue on her junk, I can see there being a similar result.

don't get me wrong, I think there are legitimate gender biases in the justice system, but I tend to think this isn't a very good example

Wild Shadow
the full article had a laundry list of charges on the women it just happen that they cut a deal for the minor ones and the severe ones werent even brought up..

also if a man did anything to a woman's genitalia it be considered rape when its without consent

inimalist
the full article had a laundry list of charges on the women it just happen that they cut a deal for the minor ones and the severe ones werent even brought up..

lol, so they were charged with all the stuff you wanted them to be, but settled?

I fail to see your gender discrimination

Mindset
Yea, I doubt me and my friends would just get probation for tying a girl up and gluing her vag together.

Or maybe we would, hmm.... shifty

Wild Shadow
lol, so they were charged with all the stuff you wanted them to be, but settled?

I fail to see your gender discrimination they dropped charges on the women when they shouldnt have they had an air tight case.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, I doubt me and my friends would just get probation for tying a girl up and gluing her vag together.

If you touched her vagine, you'd risk being charged with rape. May or may not fly, depends on how crafty the prosecution is.

inimalist
they dropped charges on the women when they shouldnt have they had an air tight case.

lol, do you have any idea of how common this is in ALL CASES? he'll, cops will charge you with absolutly anything they can think of in order to make something stick.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
If you touched her vagine, you'd risk being charged with rape. May or may not fly, depends on how crafty the prosecution is. What if I use tongs?

Robtard
What if I use tongs?

Charged with tossing her salad?

inimalist

can you cite an example?

I tend to think people exaggerate these things, simply because I know people who have been charged and convicted of a MUCH worse assault, and all they got was probation, iirc

Wild Shadow
were they rich white males with high price lawyers who twist and bend the truth and have juror question themselves plus get their clients off on technicalities like improper procedures?

Mindset
can you cite an example?

I tend to think people exaggerate these things, simply because I know people who have been charged and convicted of a MUCH worse assault, and all they got was probation, iirc No, I've sadly never done it before.

Did their assault involve restraining someone and messing with their genitalia? Because if not, then the situations are not at all similar. I've known people who have assaulted someone and only gotten probation too.

Robtard
Those NYC cops that shoved a toilet plunger up a man's ass while in police detention received prison time, iirc.

That similar?

inimalist
were they rich white males with high price lawyers who twist and bend the truth and have juror question themselves plus get their clients off on technicalities like improper procedures?

nope, guy comes from a family of farmers and, I suspect, had little legal defense.

No, I've sadly never done it before.

Did their assault involve restraining someone and messing with their genitalia? Because if not, then the situations are not at all similar. I've known people who have assaulted someone and only gotten probation too.

that is sort of my point. we can't actually say that there is any gender bias in this case becuase we don't have a similar case involving males. I was only using the example to show that assault, even serious, doesn't always net jail time, at least in Canada.

Robtard
I was only using the example to show that assault, even serious, doesn't always net jail time, at least in Canada.

Lesson learned, if you really want to assault someone, do it in Canada.

Wild Shadow
lol, do you have any idea of how common this is in ALL CASES? he'll, cops will charge you with absolutly anything they can think of in order to make something stick. yes. but, its done when they know they may not be able to get a conviction or have a slam dunk case..

this was the complete opposite they had full admission from the women no way they could counter in a court of law.. the only thing that might have motivated the prosecution decision is either they felt the jury would not be willing to convict them due to the harshness of the sentence or favoritism toward the women.

either way it shows the double standard. its like when a man or woman kills their attacker weeks or months later murder and conspiracy is still present you still charge them for the crime and ask for leniency due to the situation/circumstance but you dont turn around and charge them with man slaughter or negligent homicide..

Mindset
Those NYC cops that shoved a toilet plunger up a man's ass while in police detention received prison time, iirc.

That similar? Yes.

There was also a hs hazing that put a broomstick up a guys butt, they got jail time too iirc.

inimalist
Lesson learned, if you really want to assault someone, do it in Canada.

I'd argue this is true of most crime

dadudemon
Charged with tossing her salad?

All of you are ***holes for not noticing this post. It's comedy gold! mad

Wild Shadow
anyone else recall the Lorena Bobbitt trial?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

inimalist
WS:

I'm not sure if you know the case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka

homolka raped and killed a bunch of women with a guy named paul bernardo. because she co-operated with the cops AND because the cops didn't think she was as involvedas she was, got away with murder, in the opinions of the Canadian public.

for as ardent a supported of fair and equitable justice as I am, IMHO, there is no reason she shouldn't be in prison for the rest of her life.

dadudemon
I know it's a little out of the country....but does anyone know about Sada Abe?

She got off, easy. (yes, a very intentional pun)

5 years, that's it. no expression

Wrong country...but still pretty cool that that's all the time she served.

Darth Jello
Technically an unwarranted kick to the balls is sexual assault. It's attempted murder if there is any injury to the pubic bones or frenular artery (if you aren't circumcised).

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Depends on the crime. There are some crimes where men are prosecuted and punished more harshly, and the same is true with women.

Male teachers who have sex with under-aged students are more harshly punished than women who do the same. But women who murder their children are more harshly punished than men who do the same. I'm pretty sure that men who murder their own children don't just get a slap on the wrist. They would either get a life sentence, or death sentence, depending on the state, just like a woman. It's just that you see women do it more often, because women have less control over their emotions than men.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
I'm pretty sure that men who murder their own children don't just get a slap on the wrist. They would either get a life sentence, or death sentence, depending on the state, just like a woman. It's just that you see women do it more often, because women have less control over their emotions than men.

I never said that they'd get a slap on the wrist, just that women who do it are prosecuted more harshly, and they become media circuses that never go away. Remember Susan Smith and Andrea Yates? Well, what well-publicized male equivalents are there?

After all, women are the nurturing, less violent gender, so when that happens, an example must be made. That's the attitude of the justice system towards female filicide.

RE: Blaxican
Scott Peterson? ... OJ Simpson?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Scott Peterson? ... OJ Simpson?

Did they kill their children like Susan Smith and Andrea Yates? No. That's what we're talking about.

Amazing Vrayo!!
I never said that they'd get a slap on the wrist, just that women who do it are prosecuted more harshly, and they become media circuses that never go away. Remember Susan Smith and Andrea Yates? Well, what well-publicized male equivalents are there?

After all, women are the nurturing, less violent gender, so when that happens, an example must be made. That's the attitude of the justice system towards female filicide. They may not get publicized like women do, but they probably still get the same sentences. I'm sure that someone who's spending at least 30 years rotting away in prison doesn't give half a damn what the media thinks.

lil bitchiness

After all, women are the nurturing, less violent gender, so when that happens, an example must be made. That's the attitude of the justice system towards female filicide.

On that note, In the UK for example the specific crime of infanticide can only be committed by a mother.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
They may not get publicized like women do, but they probably still get the same sentences. I'm sure that someone who's spending at least 30 years rotting away in prison doesn't give half a damn what the media thinks.

Men who kill their children often claim insanity and the jury buys it, so they end up in the nuthouse as opposed to prison. But when a woman does it, the jury (along with the judge and general public) paint her as some monster with no hope of redemption. Case in point: Susan Smith is currently doing life and won't be eligible for parole til 2024.

Now, Andrea Yates was found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, but she actually is insane--not just saying it to avoid prison like most do. It was confirmed by a panel of shrinks and so she's currently doing life in a mental facility.

shiv
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
On that note, In the UK for example the specific crime of infanticide can only be committed by a mother.

To add proper context to that note:

In the United Kingdom, the Infanticide Act defines "infanticide" as a specific crime equivalent to manslaughter that can only be committed by the mother intentionally killing her own baby during the first twelve months of its life.

Courts give out less jail time for Manslaughter. Courts go all the way on Homicide.

From what you say it sounds like you want fairness and equality in the justice system, for women to be tried as equals.. That is, to face Murder charges just like their male equals as opposed to getting off lightly on softer manslaughter(infanticide) charges when they kill their babies.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
On that note, In the UK for example the specific crime of infanticide can only be committed by a mother. So, if a man were to kill his children it would just be murder? Interesting.

ADarksideJedi
I hope these woman went to jail for what they did.Also man I am sure had done the same kind of stuff too but in a different way.So lets not always blame one sex when it could had been both.

shiv
Prosecuters dropped the charge for Grand Larceny relating to the theft of his car clothes money wallet and cellphone,

If this was 4 men, holding a woman captive against her will, hitting her, supergluing her uterus and vagina, and stealing her car, money, and cellphone there would definitely be plenty of jail time to go round.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I hope these woman went to jail for what they did.Also man I am sure had done the same kind of stuff too but in a different way.So lets not always blame one sex when it could had been both. no, im still blaming the one sex. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.