Cross-Genre Match #2: Darth Vader vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

the ninjak
Ironman Extremis tech allows him to appear behind him at blurring speeds and blast the crap out of him with repulsor splash damage while sending nanites into his armor.

Vader has to see what he effects with the Force doesn't he?

Especially in such a fast melee fight that Tony is dishing out.

Ironman wins 9.5/10.

Wei Phoenix
Not really much of a debate to this. Iron Man rapes Vader. Is this like him in his first suit ever? He can beat him with one casual punch.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Not really much of a debate to this. Iron Man rapes Vader. Is this like him in his first suit ever?
Lets say in the classic Gold and Red.

JakeTheBank
Classic Gold and Red Iron Man vs. Vader is actually a good match. I assume we're using everything canon for Vader then as far as feats go? Video games, comics, books, etc., so long as it's been deemed canon for the Star Wars Universe?

Wei Phoenix
A lot of people don't see the Extended Universe as canon though.

JakeTheBank
The Expanded Universe is canon, though. Galan or someone else would know much better than I, but the EU is just as canon as the movies are.

Shancus
You could give vader all of that and he still loses everytime.
At the end of the day, it is still A Ranged flying melee fighter vs a Close combat melee fighter whose only true ranged attack is a saber throw that can be easily dodged.

Wei Phoenix
Well I don't know hence why I'm not going to argue about it. I never said it was or wasn't, just saying that I hear a lot of people say that it's noncanon.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Expanded Universe is canon, though. Galan or someone else would know much better than I, but the EU is just as canon as the movies are. No is Not.... mad

JakeTheBank
Well I don't know hence why I'm not going to argue about it. I never said it was or wasn't, just saying that I hear a lot of people say that it's noncanon.

Fair enough as I don't delve into Star Wars nearly as much as I used to myself. But yes, to my knowledge, the Expanded Universe is canon unless a writer or creative consulant from Lucasbooks/film/whatever comes out and declares it's not or the specific medium is a "what if" tale or something similar. KOTOR, for example, is canon, provided that Revan was a male who followed the Light Side of the Force. KOTOR II is also canon, and the Exile is referred to being a Light Sider female Jedi in sourcebooks.

Vader from the EU and Star Wars canon as a whole is a completely different beast than strictly movie Vader. I don't see Classic Iron Man stomping him nearly, if not every time.

Shancus
Geogre Lucas has not made a decision on it one way or another. Most ppl assume his non-response makes the EU cannon

Shancus
Explain to me how Vader wins against Ironman.

JakeTheBank
Crushing him in his suit, saber tossing him, pretty much using the Force to brutalize him. If this is upper end Iron Man, which it's not, then I'd be more inclined to say Vader is doomed more often than not. Classic Red and Gold Iron Man however, is within Vader's means to beat.

Juk3n
Cross-Genre MIS-Match #2: Darth Vader vs Iron Man

A dualist with some force push and force choke and some fireworks vs a ranged missile launching, laser shooting, mach 3 flying, sonic carrying, auto targetting, heat seaking...

Really?

Lord Feron
Can Vader Choke out Stark inside his suit?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Can Vader Choke out Stark inside his suit?

He's choked people through speaking with them on monitors without being closeby, and unless I missed something, classic Iron Man's suit doesn't have anything to prevent something like the Force from crushing him.

I don't see why he couldn't.

Shancus
Saber toss can be easily dodged by Ironman. Vader isnt just simply gonna crush Ironman with the snap of his fingers using the force. Classic red and gold has a force field built into the suit to keep it rigid and mantain his form. Ironman can hang back and Hawk vader with repulsor and pluse bolts till Vader is a hunk of hot steaming metal

Endless Mike
Even if we use EU feats Vader still loses, since Iron Man's armor defends against telepathy and telekinesis and he could bombard him from long range.

Shancus
Force Choke isnt an Instant Kill by any means. Ironman is capable of using the Lasers in his fingers, and/or the Tractor beam in the suit to break vader's force concentration

Mshinu
Last I checked (not recently) Lucas used different levels of canon. Anyway..

Movie Vader looses badly.
Expanded universe Vader can put up quite a fight but still looses in a featureless envivorment. (providing the armor`s psychic defenses can block someone like Vader)

Jedi never found an effective counter to the trade federation droideka destroyer droids which are << Iron Man. Luke and Mara Jade together struggeled with only one of them.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mshinu

Expanded universe Vader can put up quite a fight but still looses in a featureless envivorment.

Jedi never found an effective counter to the trade federation droideka destroyer droids which are >> Iron Man. Luke and Mara Jade together struggeled with only one of them.

The way it works is that the EU is canon unless explicitly contradicted by higher canon.

G-canon (highest canon) = movies, movie novelizations, screenplays, and radio dramas

T-canon = Clone Wars cartoons and the planned live action TV series

C-canon = Novels, comics, video game plots (not game mechanics), etc.

S-canon = Old stuff made before continuity was enforced, and miscellaneous odds and ends

N-canon = Not canon at all. Such as Infinities comics (basically What-If?s), deleted scenes, canceled projects, etc.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The way it works is that the EU is canon unless explicitly contradicted by higher canon.

G-canon (highest canon) = movies, movie novelizations, screenplays, and radio dramas

T-canon = Clone Wars cartoons and the planned live action TV series

C-canon = Novels, comics, video game plots (not game mechanics), etc.

S-canon = Old stuff made before continuity was enforced, and miscellaneous odds and ends

N-canon = Not canon at all. Such as Infinities comics (basically What-If?s), deleted scenes, canceled projects, etc.
You beat me to it ya lousy bastich. sneer

Bentley
Ok, so Iron-man rapes him. But how about:

Young Anakin vs Extress Iron-man

No armors, pure h2h!

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, so Iron-man rapes him. But how about:

Young Anakin vs Extress Iron-man

No armors, pure h2h!

I assume no lightsabers either?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mshinu

Expanded universe Vader can put up quite a fight but still looses in a featureless envivorment. (providing the armor`s psychic defenses can block someone like Vader)

Jedi never found an effective counter to the trade federation droideka destroyer droids which are << Iron Man. Luke and Mara Jade together struggeled with only one of them.

Could classic red and gold Iron Man erect a forcefield?

Omega Vision
What I want to know is if Darth Vader could block a repulsor ray.

Digi
This is why cross-genre matches are so difficult. There is far more knowledge of the comic character than the non-comic character, so the majority will always side with them in a non-stomp match. Then there will be a few on each side that just irrationally support one genre. And a select few that actually know both characters well and can analyze the match without marginalizing either one to only 1-2 attacks or possibilities.

Most of the other genres in these matches I know very little about. SW is not one of those however, and I can claim a fairly nuanced knowledge of both of these people, including EU appearances for Vader (which, yes, I count).

Tony would have the first strike, and it could be a brutal one. But assuming Vader survives the initial assault, he does possess the tools with which to win. Using all of his telepathic, telekinetic, lightning powers, etc. intelligently, in conjunction with the limited pre-cog that the Force provides him and a degree of super speed and strength, he could harass Tony, cause some damage, and try to force the match into melee range via his tk, at which point Vader would have the advantage because lightsaber > armor and his pre-cog could have him dodging most if not all of Tony's blows.

Still, IM for the majority, only because that would take time and wouldn't be easy to pull off with Tony attacking continuously. I'll say 7/10.

Also, slightly off-topic, Mshinu, a non-jobbing Luke wrecks any kind of battle droid. One low showing does not an argument make.

Bentley
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I assume no lightsabers either?

Nah, without lightsabers.

Galan007
The Expanded Universe is canon, though. Galan or someone else would know much better than I, but the EU is just as canon as the movies are. George Lucas is essentially TOAA of the Star Wars universe. His word is ALL. That's why the movies/TV shows represent the highest form of canonicity possible in Star Wars -- because GL himself personally directs, and/or oversees them. The next form of canonicity are the novels and comics. As long as they are not contradicted by on screen happenings, they are good as gold. So yes, you are correct in saying that EU material is canon.

As for this match, I am siding with Vader. He's got pre-cog, very durable force-shielding, and off-the-charts TK on his side. This essentially means that Vader will know every move Tony is going to make before he makes it -- he will be able to shield himself against Tony's offensive blasts -- and most importantly, Vader can crush Tony with the twitch of a finger.

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
Vader can crush Tony with the twitch of a finger.

I think that's overstating it, but your point is valid. Vader's far from the most impressive Jedi out there feats-wise. If this were Luke, for example, I'd be giving him 9/10, with the 10th just being a fluke because Tony does have the firepower to kill these guys.

BlackZero30x
EDIT: Vader has alot here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
I think that's overstating it, but your point is valid. Vader's far from the most impressive Jedi out there feats-wise. If this were Luke, for example, I'd be giving him 9/10, with the 10th just being a fluke because Tony does have the firepower to kill these guys. Considering that for the purposes of this match, Tony will be outfitted in his classic armor, I don't think I was overstating things in the slightest. After all, Vader once used his TK to pulverize a chunk of Mandalorian Iron (which is one of the most durable materials in the SWU) with seeming ease... Now if this were one of Tony's more recent armors, then I still do think Vader could ravage it -- just not with the same degree of ease.

...And I agree with your Luke statement, fo sho. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Whiplash did just fine... at least in the movie biscuits

BlackZero30x

with lightsaber no doubt

without it i say maybe....is the replusor going to be contently firing or just one blast?

he deflected Hans blaster bolt with out a lightsaber.

so maybe if he focused hard enough he could but idk if he would win the fight afterward.

so yes i think he could but at the cost of the fight.

Imo i think he should just dodge and go for the win.

BruceSkywalker
love star wars.. love iron man.. good match..

i'd say Tony should be capable of defending himself against force choke providing he can fire at Vader b4 he loses consciousness.. plus Tony can fire from up above
and long range as well

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
with lightsaber no doubt

without it i say maybe....is the replusor going to be contently firing or just one blast?

he deflected Hans blaster bolt with out a lightsaber.

so maybe if he focused hard enough he could but idk if he would win the fight afterward.

so yes i think he could but at the cost of the fight.

Imo i think he should just dodge and go for the win.

repulsor ray = concussive force

I could see Tony knocking the lightsaber out of Vader's hands, tbh.

Obi-Wan deflected blaster fire with his hand in the cartoon, by the way smile

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
repulsor ray = concussive force

I could see Tony knocking the lightsaber out of Vader's hands, tbh. force grip + force shield = negated repulsor rays. Force choke, and/or force crush = a dead Tony.

Lord_Talron
force > tin can. tony isnt gonna win here with classic red and gold

chomperx9
can the light saber damage the armor ?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by chomperx9

Yes.

StiltmanFTW
force grip + force shield = negated repulsor rays. Force choke, and/or force crush = a dead Tony.

Whoa, I didn't say that Iron Man wins.

Didn't Boba Fett escaped the Grip somehow? Activated his jetpack, IIRC?

The Nuul
I wonder how would Vader do against some technopathy.

Omega Vision

Didn't Boba Fett escaped the Grip somehow? Activated his jetpack, IIRC?
Wasn't that in a non canon comic where Boba Fett also engaged Vader in a lightsaber duel?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Nuul
I wonder how would Vader do against some technopathy.

I wonder how Iron Man would do against someone that could implode galaxies.

Omega Vision
I wonder how Iron Man would do against someone that could implode galaxies.
Vader can implode Galaxies?

the ninjak

Comic Whiplash had no trouble breaking apart Tony's armor.

Extremis and current Ironman's armor can on the ground make him a blur.

In half a sec he will be behind Vader and laying on the Repulsors.

Wei Phoenix
Vader can implode Galaxies?

No but Classic Iron Man isn't a technopath.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by the ninjak

Neither Iron Man is here.

Omega Vision
No but Classic Iron Man isn't a technopath.
Right. Just checking. You hear all kinds of bs in these cross-genre threads. laughing

JakeTheBank
Right. Just checking. You hear all kinds of bs in these cross-genre threads. laughing

*coughMidheraldNappacough*

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't that in a non canon comic where Boba Fett also engaged Vader in a lightsaber duel?

I honestly don't know, I don't own the comic, just saw some scans long time ago embarrasment

Originally posted by the ninjak

We're using classic red and gold armor.

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/ClassicRedandGoldArmor.html

Parmaniac
*coughMidheraldNappacough* Yeah that dumb everyone knows he's a high herald shifty

Wei Phoenix

I don't know enough about EU Vader to debate here. I was under the impression that this was all Movie Vader. I can't debate against Vader or Tony here. I'll do my part to remind people of the relevance of the thread though.

Galan007

Didn't Boba Fett escaped the Grip somehow? Activated his jetpack, IIRC? Oh cool beans. smile

If you're referring to their encounter in Enemy of the Empire, then Vader wasn't using any force powers against Boba when he tried to escape via activating his jet pack. However, that battle did showcase Vader's version of mind rape, and also depicted him owning Fett with a few hand gestures. Heh.

...But I don't think that mini is canon anyway.

Wasn't that in a non canon comic where Boba Fett also engaged Vader in a lightsaber duel? No. The instance you're thinking of happened in Star Wars Tales, and it is canon afaik... But at least Vader pwned Boba like a pathetic feeb in that 'battle'.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Shancus
You could give vader all of that and he still loses everytime.
At the end of the day, it is still A Ranged flying melee fighter vs a Close combat melee fighter whose only true ranged attack is a saber throw that can be easily dodged. DO you know what the force is?

Vaders main disadvantage here is the he is exponentially slower then IM.But vader is more versitile.Just cause i'm and SW fanboy i'll go with vader.

Black bolt z
What I want to know is if Darth Vader could block a repulsor ray. He's block a blaster shot that han solo shot at him.

And of course there is the lightsaber

A cheap way for vader to win is simple.Force pull which will then make him hurtle through the air toawrds vader.Then just cut him in half.Tony has nothing that can defend against a lightsaber.

Black bolt z
*coughMidheraldNappacough* laughing out loud I'd put nappa mabye high meta human.

Lord_Talron
he would be able to block the repulsor ray, yes.

ScreamPaste
Just gonna throw out there that Vader has precog to deal with the speed disadvantage.

StiltmanFTW
Speed disadvantage? I know that classic IM was fast, but faster than Jedi...?

JakeTheBank
Sheer flight speed, I suppose it could be argued for Tony's favor. But reaction time and agility? Even Vader was faster than people intially gave him credit for.

the ninjak
Red and Gold Mach V armor definitely evens things out would his then current Fibre Armor get sliced through easily with a light sabre?

I reckon a Sabre throw would cut the armor along its edge then Tony Repulsors him. It did have early repair systems.

Lord_Talron
yes, that armor would get sliced thru like butter with a lightsabre

StiltmanFTW
Sheer flight speed, I suppose it could be argued for Tony's favor. But reaction time and agility? Even Vader was faster than people intially gave him credit for.

thumb up

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
yes, that armor would get sliced thru like butter with a lightsabre

Answer me this, do you think Vader's armor was more durable? shifty

marwash22
Tony = Vader's father.

Bentley
EMP blast and Vader loses his saber and can't breath any longer?

psycho gundam
As for this match, I am siding with Vader. same here.

force choke crushes tony underneath the armour

Juk3n
So force choke is insta kill? if not then whats to stop tony launching an assault of many rockets, bullets and lasers as soon as Vader is in range?

The Nuul
Yeah, the SW fanboys always call the force choke like its an insta kill. Just like Supes speed blitz.

Bang, fight is done right off the start.

marwash22
pfffft! force choke doesn't even really exist... everyone just pretends to get choked so Vader doesn't get pissed.

psycho gundam
i'm no star wars fanboy, it's just that tony has nothing to prevent it, and the distance in which it can be initiated is insane.

you also have to factor in the non-lethal method ironman will opt for over cold blooded murder. any hesitance goes to vader's favor thanks to his knowledge of the force.

Lord_Talron
EMP blast and Vader loses his saber and can't breath any longer? redirection = tony is stuck in a tin can. vader took force lightning and his suit was still functioning after a fasion

marwash22
CIS is on?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i'm no star wars fanboy, it's just that tony has nothing to prevent it, and the distance in which it can be initiated is insane.

you also have to factor in the non-lethal method ironman will opt for over cold blooded murder. any hesitance goes to vader's favor thanks to his knowledge of the force.

thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Juk3n
So force choke is insta kill? if not then whats to stop tony launching an assault of many rockets, bullets and lasers as soon as Vader is in range?
I remember seeing an Emperor Palpatine vs Darkseid thread where SW fans were arguing that Palpatine could force choke DS for the win.

JakeTheBank
I remember seeing an Emperor Palpatine vs Darkseid thread where SW fans were arguing that Palpatine could force choke DS for the win.

Now that is a bit ridiculous, yes.

Lord_Talron
I remember seeing an Emperor Palpatine vs Darkseid thread where SW fans were arguing that Palpatine could force choke DS for the win. in theory that would work. but realistically, no.

a force user that had truely realized that "size matters not" could do it i think tho.

Bentley
redirection = tony is stuck in a tin can. vader took force lightning and his suit was still functioning after a fasion

I mean anti-tech EMP blasts, Tony has tanked those and can be omni directional. Vader won't block onmi-directional blasts without shields.

Lord_Talron
he can always put up a force shield. pre-cog ftw.

marwash22
What's stopping Tony from bombing Vader from long distance?

The Nuul
Originally posted by marwash22
What's stopping Tony from bombing Vader from long distance?

Force choke, duhhhh.

Lord_Talron
force shield, force choke, guided lightsaber toss, force pull.

marwash22
Vader can use force powers from a mile away? lol, prove it.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Shancus
vader is a Close combat melee fighter whose only true ranged attack is a saber throw that can be easily dodged. Not true.

Iron Man does win in his classic armor. I don't think it's necissarily a stomp. Vader is extremely proficient with Force TK. That saber throw you are referring to can be guided through Vader's command. I do think Vader might be a bit mismatched here though.

EMP blast and Vader loses his saber and can't breath any longer? Doubtful. That would give Iron Man to Vader on a silver platter; defenseless. Vader has crushed Imperial Walkers with the Force.

So force choke is insta kill? So says Galen Marek's father.

Lord_Talron
proof the force can be used from a mile away? ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJ-B7xTAyo

notice how small that ship looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBiYpD3SDc&feature=related
notice how big the ship is compared to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Destroyer
the ship is supposed to be .99 mi long and over half a mile wide.
the distance between him and the ship in the first video has to be around a mile or more.

Omega Vision
in theory that would work. but realistically, no.

a force user that had truely realized that "size matters not" could do it i think tho.
It wouldn't even work in theory.

Lord_Talron
and why not? a force user with sufficient realization could crush an entire solar system at once

marwash22
glare

GTFO! we're using video game Vader? Ok, he stomps the shit out of classic Iron Man. Video game Jedi can take out Superman.

Darth Martin
Have you played The Force Unleashed? I assure you Vader isn't powerful enough to "stomp the shit" out of any modern version of Iron Man.

Lord_Talron
the thread is classic red and gold

Galan007
EMP blast and Vader loses his saber and can't breath any longer? Vader has tanked force lightning, so I'm not sure that an EMP would have much more of an effect..

So force choke is insta kill? if not then whats to stop tony launching an assault of many rockets, bullets and lasers as soon as Vader is in range? Rockets and bullets would be easily deflected via TK. Lasers could be blocked via a force, force-field, or his lightsaber. Also keep in mind that Vader's bare suit was durable enough to block Han's blaster bolts AND was only minimally damaged when Luke smacked him in the arm with his lightsaber (ESB.)

he can always put up a force shield. pre-cog ftw. thumb up

Darth Martin
Any fight where Boba Fett stands a chance or holds his own against the likes of Darth Vader is pure PIS. Vader is extremely proficient in Force TK and a master lightsaber combatant. No amount of blaster fire, rockets, flight, etc. is going to do any good. Don't even get me started on Fett holding his own with Vader in lightsaber combat.

Could classic red and gold Iron Man erect a forcefield? Yes. Check here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=41355&page=3

What I want to know is if Darth Vader could block a repulsor ray. Most likely, yes. Not only could he deflect them with his lightsaber, he could likely block them them with his hands.

can the light saber damage the armor ? It'd likely go through it without any problems seeing what Adamantium had done to it.

Answer me this, do you think Vader's armor was more durable? Against? Pure brute concussive force, projectiles, explosives, and energy based attacks? Not even close. Against lightsaber attacks? Yes. Vader seemingly took a baseball bat swing from a lightsaber wielding Luke Skywalker without any major damage.

Bentley
Has the force lightning ever shut off tech as a direct or collateral damage?

marwash22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Have you played The Force Unleashed? I assure you Vader isn't powerful enough to "stomp the shit" out of any modern version of Iron Man. this isn't modern Iron Man, it's...

classic iron man vs. video game Vader.

Lord_Talron
no, its classic red and gold iron man vs vader (using any cannon showings)

marwash22
no, its classic red and gold iron man vs vader (using any cannon showings) then, why when i asked for proof that Vader can use force powers from a mile away, you presented to me, evidence from a video game? erm

Darth Martin
this isn't modern Iron Man Modern meaning any suit that is post-Tin Man armor. wink

i asked for proof that Vader can use force powers from a mile away, I haven't seen anything to the effect of him using anything from a mile distance. What many refer to is him chocking General Veers by seeing him on a television screen. They imply that Veers was on a seperate ship. He's on the Executor along with Vader. That is an impressive feat, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpF7Qtor8S8

Lord_Talron

the distance between him and the ship in the first video has to be around a mile or more.

StiltmanFTW
Yes. Check here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=41355&page=3

Couldn't find it. Those armors in the force field section are way more advanced (Silver Centurion, Pentagon, Extremis, etc).

We're using this one:

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/ClassicRedandGoldArmor.html

Galan007
Has the force lightning ever shut off tech as a direct or collateral damage? Force lightning isn't a technique that is normally used to disable tech. In fact, the only instance I can recall where it was (albeit inadvertently) used in such a manner was when Palpatine's lightning fried Vader's life support system at the end of RotJ. But there again, that was Palpatine's lightning, and it still wasn't sufficient to take down Vader right away.

Vader can use force powers from a mile away? lol, prove it. Reasonably so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryVDAmbhPSw

marwash22

the distance between him and the ship in the first video has to be around a mile or more. Originally posted by Lord_Talron
no, its classic red and gold iron man vs vader (using any cannon showings) You're contradicting yourself, unless... video games are canon.

Darth Martin
Well, then he might be ****ed.

Lord_Talron
video games are included when applicable. However they are not the ONLY cannon sources so saying its video game vader is not only selling him short, its misinformed.

marwash22
you're missing the point, and I'm not selling him short. What I'm saying is that, if videos game feats are applicable in this debate... Iron Man doesn't stand a goddamn chance.

Galan007
Star Wars video games are canon unless they are contradicted by happenings in some of the higher forms of canonicity (movies, novels, comics, etc.) But rest assured, even without video game feats, Vader still has more than enough tools to win here.

Lord_Talron
thumb up

Black bolt z
I remember seeing an Emperor Palpatine vs Darkseid thread where SW fans were arguing that Palpatine could force choke DS for the win. Thats not gonna happen.Darkseid isn't being choked by palpatine and I am a SW fanboy.

Darth Martin
Iron Man doesn't stand a goddamn chance. Not exactly sure why you think this. Iron Man is smarter, stronger, faster, more durable, and has a much broader range of attacks. Not saying he wins but this isn't a stomp. His suit basically dwarfs any tech the SWU has.

marwash22
When I say Iron Man doesn't stand a goddamn chance, i mean, he can't win. This isn't to say he won't put up a fight, but he has no chance of winning.

Digi
Star Wars video games are canon unless they are contradicted by happenings in some of the higher forms of canonicity (movies, novels, comics, etc.) But rest assured, even without video game feats, Vader still has more than enough tools to win here.

When I was making my earlier assessment, I was also figuring on a newer version of IM. In an old armor, I'll switch to Vader every time, or at least a majority.

Darth Martin
When I say Iron Man doesn't stand a goddamn chance, i mean, he can't win. This isn't to say he won't put up a fight, but he has no chance of winning. How do you figure? I just told you he holds nearly every advantage.

Only things Vader has that Iron Man doesn't is pre-cog and a lightsaber. His TK is amazing but Iron Man has limited magnetism abilities. I doubt there's a weited object that Vader could hurl at Iron Man thta would scare him. Classic Iron Man has disposed of tanks with ease by brute stength alone. This guy has faced Dr.Doom(far more deadly than anyone Vader has faced).

StiltmanFTW
I've seen him lifting two tanks and smashing them at each other while flying, but he did that feat in some newer armor.

Magnetism abilities? Pentagon armor, IIRC.

marwash22
I'm basing this one the fact that, (unknown to me until earlier today), we're allowed to use video game feats in debates...

did you see how strong Vader's force powers are in that video Lord_Talron, posted? I haven't played that game but going by that video, Vader appears to be a lot more powerful than anything we see from him in a movie. In the classic suit, i don't see what Iron Man can do to win.

Darth Martin
Which video? The star destroyer clip? That's not Vader, that is Galen Markek; Vader's apprentice and the protagonist of the
game.

Marek is alot more powerful than Vader with the Force. He basically trashed him in a force fight.
Palpatine>>Marek>Vader

We said Vader's TK was amazing. What'd you expect? Don't see how that makes you think he'd beat Iron Man.

marwash22
RkBiYpD3SDc&feature=related

marwash22
Oh... well see, I was given misinformation by Lord_Talron. He said that was Vader in the video.

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thats not gonna happen.Darkseid isn't being choked by palpatine and I am a SW fanboy. The only attack Palpatine has in his arsenal which might harm Darkseid are the force storms he used in Dark Empire. Other then that, I can't imagine Darkseid doing anything but laughing at Palpatine's attempts.

It would be an odd twist of irony, though... The absolute lord and master of the dark side, owned by Darkseid. Heh.

His suit basically dwarfs any tech the SWU has. I hope you aren't being serious.

Originally posted by Digi
When I was making my earlier assessment, I was also figuring on a newer version of IM. In an old armor, I'll switch to Vader every time, or at least a majority. Cool, I agree fo sho.

But imo, even IF Tony did have one of his more recent armors in this battle, Vader would still take the majority. /shrug

BlackZero30x
Palpatine>>Marek>Vader

i think that's accurate but a little off.....I don't know...after beating the game on the light side you see marek makes a fairly good match for the Emperor.

im not saying he's better or even equal im just saying that he's close.

EDIT: close in power that is not close to being better lol...i wanted to be clear.

psycho gundam
His suit basically dwarfs any tech the SWU has.

djZFHTa6TfA

no expression

marwash22
lightsaber > anything Stark has in the classic suit.

Scientifically speaking, a lightsaber shouldn't even work.

Darth Martin
This is Darth Vader:

tGMObXqgBtI

Galan007
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i think that's accurate but a little off.....I don't after beating the game on the light side you see marek makes a fairly good match for the Emperor.

im not saying he's better or even equal im just saying that he's close. In both the novelization and comic adaption of The Force Unleashed, Galen not only blocked/tanked Palpatine's force lightning for a bit, but he also managed to advance forward against it (enough to actually grab Palpatine by his wrists.) That in itself is a gargantuan feat... A feat that not even Yoda himself was capable of.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no expression Any tech that isn't the size of a planet. stick out tongue Not exactly something Vader keeps in his pocket or wears.

facepalm

marwash22
facepalm Excellent rebuttal. What does Stark (in the classic suit) have that's better than a lightsaber?

Black bolt z
The only attack Palpatine has in his arsenal which might harm Darkseid are the force storms he used in Dark Empire. Other then that, I can't imagine Darkseid doing anything but laughing at Palpatine's attempts.

It would be an odd twist of irony, though... The absolute lord and master of the dark side, owned by Darkseid. Heh.

I hope you aren't being serious.

Cool, I agree fo sho.

But imo, even IF Tony did have one of his more recent armors in this battle, Vader would still take the majority. /shrug I'd imagine a lightsaber would work.I have never seen/read of a lightsaber failing to cut through a metal or skin.Just things like forcefields and other lightsabers.

Yeah really.

BlackZero30x
In both the novelization and comic adaption of The Force Unleashed, Galen not only blocked/tanked Palpatine's force lightning for a bit, but he also managed to advance forward against it (enough to actually grab Palpatine by his wrists.) That in itself is a gargantuan feat... A feat that not even Yoda himself was capable of.

I have the GN and i want the book...are they basically the same?

marwash22
in that video, what in the hell was that Vader shot out @ around 4:30? Since when can jedi use the kamehameha wave? stick out tongue.

Black bolt z

Scientifically speaking, a lightsaber shouldn't even work. Why not?Originally posted by marwash22
Excellent rebuttal. What does Stark (in the classic suit) have that's better than a lightsaber? Nothing with definite more killability.More versitility but not more dangerous.

Darth Martin
Not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking what is the more destructive weapon? What do I value about the suit more than a lightsaber? The thing is more durable than a tank, flies faster than military jets, and packs enough firepower to wipe out any kind of STU regiment you put in front of it.

More versitility but not more dangerous. I'd be alot more scared of someone coming at me in the suit than someone wielding the lightsaber. No comparison.
Never in a million years would I want a lightsaber over the classic Iron Man armor.

Black bolt z
A full regiment?Not a chance.

And a single slightsaber vs. the suit no but with vaders powerset would take lightsaber first.

marwash22
The entire reason lightsabers work is because they are magical... scientifically, they don't work at all 'cause it's impossible to control a laser in that manner.

^ that's why nothing Tony has in the classic armor is better than a lightsaber.

Darth Martin
A full regiment?Not a chance. Iron Man solo's Hoth.

BlackZero30x

Scientifically speaking, a lightsaber shouldn't even work.

actually yes it would but it would have to be much much bigger then a tank in size.

marwash22
...and yeah, i meant more dangerous/destructive.

Black bolt z
The entire reason lightsabers work is because they are magical... scientifically, they don't work at all 'cause it's impossible to control a laser in that manner.

^ that's why nothing Tony has in the classic armor is better than a lightsaber. They aren't magical...I know in the STU they are powered by crystals(i forget the specifics as I have not brushed up on SW in a while).Scientifically the best possible option is superheated plasma.

Omega Vision
A full regiment?Not a chance.

And a single slightsaber vs. the suit no but with vaders powerset would take lightsaber first.
Having a Lightsaber doesn't automatically give you force powers.

Given a choice between force powers and Iron Man armor I'd take force powers but given a choice between IM armor and lightsaber I'd take IM armor, no contest.

Black bolt z
Iron Man solo's Hoth. Tonys suit would freeze shifty

Omega Vision
They aren't magical...I know in the STU they are powered by crystals(i forget the specifics as I have not brushed up on SW in a while).Scientifically the best possible option is superheated plasma.
I think the current explanation In Universe is that light sabers are "frozen" lasers.

Black bolt z
Having a Lightsaber doesn't automatically give you force powers.

Given a choice between force powers and Iron Man armor I'd take force powers but given a choice between IM armor and lightsaber I'd take IM armor, no contest. I meant if given vaders powerset and a lightsaber of IM armor which would you choose?I go with vader.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man solo's Hoth.

The Rebels? Or the Empire?

Omega Vision
I meant if given vaders powerset and a lightsaber of IM armor which would you choose?I go with vader.
Yeah but the lightsaber is nothing compared to force powers. Might as well also add Stark Enterprises to the pot with IM armor.

Black bolt z
The Rebels? Or the Empire? Probably the rebels.It seemed that hoth was very poorly protected even my rebel standards and their best/only defense was the shield generator.

Darth Martin
...and yeah, i meant more dangerous/destructive.
Then there is no comparison. A lightsaber is a sword that cuts through nearly anything.

Iron Man can fly at speeds faster than military jets, resist any military artillery used in war short of a nuclear weapon, has strength that can easily slam tanks together by holding each with one hand, and has a variety of energy-based weaponry.

That's not even taking into account magnetism, sensory systems, life-support systems, and an image inducer that displays holographic images to confuse opponents.

Black bolt z
Are you sure your thinking of classic IM?

Darth Martin
The Rebels? Or the Empire? Both. Obviously the Rebel forces at Hoth were insignificant but the Empire would fall to Iron Man too. It was three AT-AT Walkers and some Stormtroopers.

Are you sure your thinking of classic IM? Yup. Where was I innacurate?

Black bolt z
Both. Obviously the Rebel forces at Hoth wer insignificant but the Empire would fall to Iron Man too. It was three AT-AT Walkers and some Stormtroopers.

Yup. Where was I innacurate? More then three AT-AT's multiple AT-ST's quite a few imperial probes and at least a battalion of storm troopers.IM anit beating the empire.

I don't remember his classic suit being able to just take something short of a nuke...but meh.

JakeTheBank
Both. Obviously the Rebel forces at Hoth wer insignificant but the Empire would fall to Iron Man too. It was three AT-AT Walkers and some Stormtroopers.

And Vader. And Luke. And plenty of firepower from the planet and from above.

Iron Man in his Classic Armor isn't soloing the Battle of Hoth when it's debatable if he can beat Vader one on one here.

Darth Martin
Like Stormtrooper weapons are of any threat to Iron Man. He could easily nuke the area and kill them all from hundreds of feet above. He could induce images of Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, or their commanding officers and lead them into traps.

AT-AT pack serious firepower and are durable but they can't aim hundreds of feet above them. They're designed to shoot ground forces not aerial objects.

AT-ST's? Again, some threat to Iron Man. Imperial Probes? Meh, don't make me laugh. Solo destroyed one with a couple blaster shots.

And Vader. And Luke. And plenty of firepower from the planet and from above. Vader came after the Rebel forces were already overrun. Luke is a decent pilot(nowhere near that of his father) but is no threat to Iron Man with the X-Wing's arnaments.

Black bolt z
Like Stormtrooper weapons are of any threat to Iron Man. He could easily nuke the area and kill them all from hundreds of feet above. He could induce images of Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, or their commanding officers and lead them into traps.

AT-AT pack serious firepower and are durable but they can't aim hundreds of feet above them. They're designed to shoot ground forces not aerial objects.

AT-ST's? Again, some threat to Iron Man. Imperial Probes? Meh, don't make me laugh. Solo destroyed one with a couple blaster shots.

Vader came after the Rebel forces were already overrun. Luke is a decent pilot(nowhere near that of his father) but is no threat to Iron Man with the X-Wing's arnaments. Since when does classic AM have nukes?And their weapons not doing anything?BS.

1 shot=1 kill.And what does IM have to take down an AT-AT.

They are.Probes not so much but they still are.And a full battalion of Storm troopers.

I beg to differ.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>