Fantastic Four vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://blogs.inlandsocal.com/movies/movies0901Fantastic_Four.jpg
Does Stark have anything that can put the FF down? Does the FF pack enough punch to lay Stark out cold? The fight starts out in the same place where Iron Man and Iron Monger initially duked it out before taking it to the skies. Stark can fly but he isn't going to play it cheap and take shots from a 1,000 feet up as he has yet to ever do this on film. He is in his latest Mark VI suit. The FF member(s) get the Fantasticar.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/mark-5-armor.jpg
Iron Man Mark VI
*J.A.R.V.I.S. & Advanced HUD
*Palm-Mounted Repulsor Rays
*Chest Mounted Uni-Beam
*Anti-Tank Missiles
*Multi-Fire Adhesive Grenade Launcher
*Anti-Personnel Guns
*Hand-Mounted Lasers(one-shot only)
*Flare Launcher
*Flight

marwash22
Stark wins this easily.

But given the rule about on screen feats, FF wins because even though it's a fact that the suit can see invisible things, we've never seen him do it on screen... so, all Sue has to do is turn invisible and put a bubble inside of Stark's chest.

Darth Martin
I'm afraid your logic is flawed. You suggest that should we use what we "see" but we never saw Sue form a bubble withing somebody. We've never seen her form a bubble period.

How is it fact that Iron Man can see Sue while invisible?

marwash22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I'm afraid your logic is flawed. You suggest that should we use what we "see" but we never saw Sue form a bubble withing somebody. We've never seen her form a bubble period. In the first movie, Sue states to Doom, something to the effect of... "I can generate a bubble inside your body and blow you up from the indside". I believe that is valid as a feat, though maybe it isnt.

How is it fact that Iron Man can see Sue while invisible? the suit can see heat signatures, a fact that isn't valid because he hasn't done it onscreen.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by marwash22
In the first movie, Sue states to Doom, something to the effect of... "I can generate a bubble inside your body and blow you up from the indside". I believe that is valid as a feat, though maybe it isnt. I stated that in my post. She stated it in the second film. She was clearly trying to intimidate Doom. Doesn't mean she can. The burden would be on you to prove she could, and that principle contradicts your theory above of going by what is "seen" onscreen.

the suit can see heat signatures, a fact that isn't valid because he hasn't done it onscreen. Evidence that the suit has thermal or infared vision? We've only seen a standard HUD for each suit, nothing more. I say he can't see her.

RE: Blaxican
Logic would dictate that if she can create tangible objects out of thin air using her powers then she can create one in his chest. Nothing suggests that she can't. It just makes sense considering her power set.

Darth Martin
But she would have to be bloodlusted to do it. I never stated anybody here was bloodlusted. All are fighting within character that they showed in their respective films.

marwash22
fights are so hard to determine when CSI is active.

But she would have to be bloodlusted to do it. I never stated anybody here was bloodlusted. All are fighting within character that they showed in their respective films.

Oh.

Well in that case they all team up, since they're all good guys. Good guys don't beat up other good guys for the hell of it.

Robtard

the suit can see heat signatures, a fact that isn't valid because he hasn't done it onscreen.

Think he has in the first film, when he punches through the wall to pull the leader of the terrorist. This is when he first uses the suit to destroy the Stark weapons/missiles.

I'd have to watch it again to say for certain though.

Impediment
We've never seen her form a bubble period.

Sue contained Johnny's Nova in the bubble at the climax of the first film.

BruceSkywalker
interesting thread..

fights are so hard to determine when CSI is active.

CSI??? you mean crime scene investigator??? or CIS???

Originally posted by Robtard
Think he has in the first film, when he punches through the wall to pull the leader of the terrorist. This is when he first uses the suit to destroy the Stark weapons/missiles.

I'd have to watch it again to say for certain though.

he does, iirc..

marwash22
lulz. yeah, CIS... not CSI.

Darth Martin
Depends if Sue can form a force field before Iron Man nails her with his Anti-Personnel guns. He can do the same to Johnny as well before he flames on.

Well considering Iron Man wouldn't speed blitz her, and her powers are not prominent enough to pick up on, he probably wouldn't even know what she was doing until it was too late.

Darth Martin
How big of a threat are Reed and Thing to Iron Man?

Placidity
How big of a threat are Reed and Thing to Iron Man?

I reckon if Thing can grab him, then its over, but I can't see that happening.

Darth Martin
I can't either. If Thing were to somehow grab Iron Man he'd be put on his ass by the Uni-Beam.

marwash22
^ not if its a reverse-bearhug stick out tongue.

Reed could suffocate him, couldn't he?

EDIT: how good are the life support systems?

Darth Martin
The bear hug in which Iron Man would fly Thing into the atmosphere?

Depends if Iron Man has life-support systems of oxygen. Wouldn't he need it traveling as high as he does. We really don't know. When he iced up in the test flight his mouth and eye slits looked to be open.

the ninjak
http://blogs.inlandsocal.com/movies/movies0901Fantastic_Four.jpg

Jessica Alba looks so fine in that picture....

That picture is actually the best thing that movie spawned.

Darth Martin
She never looked that good in the books.

She doesn't look that good in the picture either. She has an unnatural curve, and her body looks disproportionate.

Darth Martin
I meant her comic interpretation isn't as good looking as Alba portraying here. Which is wierd really, artists can make females look as good as the said talent desires them to be.

I know, that's what I was referring too. :P

God Cloth Seiya
FF Rape

Lestov16
Human Torch solos

theTANTALIZER
Well she didn't do it on Dr. Doom and she does not have the kill instinct in the movie. Stark wins by sheer tech and wits.

Stark wins this easily.

But given the rule about on screen feats, FF wins because even though it's a fact that the suit can see invisible things, we've never seen him do it on screen... so, all Sue has to do is turn invisible and put a bubble inside of Stark's chest.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Well she didn't do it on Dr. Doom and she does not have the kill instinct in the movie. Stark wins by sheer tech and wits.

This

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Placidity
I reckon if Thing can grab him, then its over, but I can't see that happening.

Thor has grabbed him and got put on his ass. Iron would do the same to Thing. Only threat here is Johnny and Sue.

DARTH POWER
Torch might just solo. Given how all the Extremis guys were ripping his suits apart with intense heat.

Tattoos N Scars
Reed is the smartest guy and best prepper on Marvel Earth. He'd come up with a way to put Stark down.

Lestov16
Reed also built a tachyon generator, which is way more impressive than anything Stark ever designed.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
Reed also built a tachyon generator, which is way more impressive than anything Stark ever designed.

Thats more impressive then the Iron Man suit and Arch Reactor and Mini Arch Reactor and the repulser technology?

Lestov16
You know what tachyons are right?

Time Immemorial
You know what tachyons are right?

Yea, faster then light particles, but it was a short used plot weapon, I didn't get much out of it..Boom knocked him off the board, we never saw it again.

Lestov16
You don't see how creating superluminal physics-defying particles is more impressive than creating a mere new chemical element?

Time Immemorial
You don't see how creating superluminal physics-defying particles is more impressive than creating a mere new chemical element?

The new element was not created until the second movie, the arc reactor was created before that, then he miniaturized it and put it in his chest in a cave.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.