High-End Battle: Batman Versus Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Attempt number three on my High-End battle threads. I think I got a good, discussion worthy match-up this time, but we'll see.

Deathstroke is hired by the Gotham underground to assasinate Batman, with a time limit of six months to get the job done (there's going to be a massive influx of hot merchandise at the deadline that they don't want Bats' stopping). Batman, having bugged one of the deal makers, knows about the hit instantly, and so has six months to defend himself. With six month of prep each, who will come out on top?

As stated before, this is a High-End battle, meaning only canon, high-end showings for each character will be legal for debating the victor.

Juk3n
No one - and i mean no one OUT PISSES Batman. If we take into account that what your essentially asking is that any PIS considred actions be counted as merely 'high-end' for the purpose of this battle, then no mildly superhuman street with occasional meta attributes is beating Batman. Ever.

twizzlers713
as stated, batman needs to be rediculously overmatched to have any chance of being assassinated. batman can cover his ass for 6 years

dupidu
dupidu = dur

Darth Martin
Deathstroke's high end showings have him repeatedly taking out the Titans and Justice League.

dupidu
dupidu = dur

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Deathstroke's high end showings have him repeatedly taking out the Titans and Justice League.

Thank you, Martin, for at least attempting to debate this. I'm looking over each of their respect threads myself so I can try and keep this latest attempt alive.

batdude123
Batman easily.

Omega Vision
Deathstroke is the better tactician, Batman is the better strategist. When prep runs further than a day it stops being tactics and starts being strategy.

Batman wins this.

batdude123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Deathstroke is the better tactician

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Six months of prep?

Batman is going to wreck Slade's world.

lightyeargee
Batman. Slade would cook Batman if it were a random encounter or short notice, but with that much prep time, Batman was able to even figure out ways to take out beings who didn't have weaknesses like Wonder Woman and Plastic Man.

Darth Martin
Agreed.

XanatosForever
laughing I'm just not good at match-ups, am I? Well, at least this thread got more hits than the first two. I'm learning! dur

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud
What? Its true.

For short term battles and encounters Deathstroke is number one, its only when things like long term planning/tech-related prep comes into the picture that Batman becomes the clear superior. Its not like he's vastly greater than Batman in that department but he is better.

batdude123
What? Its true.

For short term battles and encounters Deathstroke is number one, its only when things like long term planning/tech-related prep comes into the picture that Batman becomes the clear superior. Its not like he's vastly greater than Batman in that department but he is better.

Kind of like when Batman was fending off Superman on the fly in Hush? The idea of Deathstroke being a better tactician than Batman is based on nothing.

lightyeargee
Kind of like when Batman was fending off Superman on the fly in Hush? The idea of Deathstroke being a better tactician than Batman is based on nothing. You are confusing tactician with over all Ability. Slade is superior to Batman in every way that is physically possible. He would Cook Batman in a Random encounter. I don't see Batman doing the Titans or the JLA how slade did. He isn't physically up to that type of job.

batdude123
Originally posted by lightyeargee
You are confusing tactician with over all Ability. Slade is superior to Batman in every way that is physically possible. He would Cook Batman in a Random encounter. I don't see Batman doing the Titans or the JLA how slade did. He isn't physically up to that type of job.

You're quoting the wrong person.

Darth Martin
Kind of like when Batman was fending off Superman on the fly in Hush? The idea of Deathstroke being a better tactician than Batman is based on nothing. While impressive, note that he did have a kryptonite ring. Anybody could thrash Superman with one if they have decent fighting skills to predict Superman's moves and agility to get out of the way of his wild attacks. Give Slade the same ring and he'd likely be able to duplicate the same feat.

Deathstroke seems to have more high-end teactical showings when in combat.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Martin
While impressive, note that he did have a kryptonite ring. Anybody could thrash Superman with one if they have decent fighting skills to predict Superman's moves and agility to get out of the way of his wild attacks. Give Slade the same ring and he'd likely be able to duplicate the same feat.

Deathstroke seems to have more high-end teactical showings when in combat.

Lawlz.

You're completely disregarding/ignoring the entire context of the situation. Deathstroke wouldn't come close to duplicating that feat given the same circumstances.

JakeTheBank
Slade did well enough keeping a step ahead from a clear minded Superman without the aid of k-nite on hand, though.

batdude123
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Slade did well enough keeping a step ahead from a clear minded Superman without the aid of k-nite on hand, though.

Which had more to do with physical abilities.

rotiart
Sounds like spade has six months to prepare to take out batman while batman has to stay alive for six months....

I give it to spade. I mean all sas to do is come up with one good scenario while batman, despite prep god status cannot account or every sceario against spade....

Batman goes out one night to aid in a robbery call.... Sniper shot and it's over. Seriously six months of camping to wait for someone to pick u off....

Omega Vision
Which had more to do with physical abilities.
Lol. Given Superman's stats the difference between Batman and Deathstroke isn't all that much. He evaded Superman thanks mostly to his quick thinking and skills.

batdude123
Lol. Given Superman's stats the difference between Batman and Deathstroke isn't all that much. He evaded Superman thanks mostly to his quick thinking and skills.

And the fact that Superman was totally underestimating Slade during the pursuit. He didn't even think to use his x-ray vision because he thought Slade would be a stain on the road.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.