Soccer comes out of the Closet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
Well, we knew celebs were doing it....so now it's time for a SPORT to do it.

5xLn-X8YJRg&feature=popt00us10

I knew it all along.. big grin

Digi
**** this. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Rogue Jedi
That's not football.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
That's not football.

It's the game that's predominantly played with the foot, it way deserves the name.

Slay
Don't be a petty dick. You've already established that you don't like football in the World Cup thread, ****ing idiot.

Rogue Jedi
Calm down, babe, I was kidding. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Slay
Calm down, babe, I was kidding. No need to get your panties in a twist.
I was talking about the guy who started the thread.

It's okay to dislike the sport, but don't be a ***** about it when the entire world's eyes are focused on it.

Peach
Originally posted by Slay
Don't be a petty dick. You've already established that you don't like football in the World Cup thread, ****ing idiot.

Watch your language, and leave off the attacks. That's a warning, and if you do it again you're going to be serving a temp ban.

It's okay to dislike the sport, but don't be a ***** about it when the entire world's eyes are focused on it.

Who cares if it's currently the focus of attention?

Slay
Originally posted by Peach

I'm not saying he should care for the sport now that it's the focus of attention, I'm saying it's petty to constantly bash the sport now that it is in the focus of attention. Why bother coming into the World Cup thread and say it's a shitty sport? Why make a thread here saying it's gay?

Rogue Jedi

My bad. This is a nice vid. I'll say this, the black guy with the blue and red jersey is frigging amazing.

3S1RBDFN9aM

And yeah, what difference does it make what time of the year it is? "The entire world" is a stretch, I'm not watching it. But hey, I guess every other human being on the planet is, yeah?

It's funny. Whenever people debate American football versus soccer, the American football crowd laughs about it, while the soccer crowd gets butthurt.

Slay

And yeah, what difference does it make what time of the year it is? "The entire world" is a stretch, I'm not watching it. But hey, I guess every other human being on the planet is, yeah?

It's funny. Whenever people debate American football versus soccer, the American football crowd laughs about it, while the soccer crowd gets butthurt.
Because it's quite obvious you're doing it to piss people of. Again, why would you just go into the World Cup thread and say football is shit, then make a thread implying football is gay.

Also, we're not discussing American Football vs. Football. At least I'm not. Either way, I don't care about you disliking football, as long as you treat it with the respect I treat sports like American Football and baseball, which I dislike.

The reason why the American Football crowd laugh while the football crowd feel ''butthurt'' is because the American Football crowd is usually the one trying to start shit.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Peach

wave

inimalist
this thread amazes me

Bardock42
I thought the video was kinda funny.

Though I do think football is one of the most interesting and fun sports.

chomperx9
USA sucks at soccer but i want USA to win. well because im a US citizen

Bardock42
The US isn't that bad at football.

Deano
Americans cant come to terms that football is the most popular sport. So they have to create there own crappy sports that no one in the world bothers to play. It makes them feel superior somehow.

Quite sad really. But that's blind patriotism for you.

Are American Footballers gay?
cool

Originally posted by Bardock42
The US isn't that bad at football.

I repect the people of america who enjoy football, and i like the national team. Its just the majority of americans who are trying so damn hard to seperate themselves from the rest of the planet.

chomperx9
The US isn't that bad at football. football usa is great. futbol usa sucks

Bardock42
Originally posted by chomperx9
football usa is great. futbol usa sucks

Well, they made it into the Top 16 in the world, fair and square.

Mindset
Originally posted by Deano
Americans cant come to terms that football is the most popular sport. So they have to create there own crappy sports that no one in the world bothers to play. It makes them feel superior somehow.

Quite sad really. But that's blind patriotism for you.

cool

I repect the people of america who enjoy football, and i like the national team. Its just the majority of americans who are trying so damn hard to seperate themselves from the rest of the planet. Oh, so you were actually serious in the WC thread...

§P0oONY
My bad. This is a nice vid. I'll say this, the black guy with the blue and red jersey is frigging amazing.

3S1RBDFN9aM

No... Most people go... "No one outside of the US plays American Football so it doesn't show up on our radar."

Football is the most popular sport in most countries in the world... Get over it.

Bardock42
I'll say this, the black guy with the blue and red jersey is frigging amazing. Yeah, he is. And yet he's not in the world cup, lol

Deano
Originally posted by Mindset
Oh, so you were actually serious in the WC thread...

serious?

Mindset
Who cares. They both are crap sports anyway

chomperx9
American football should be considered more gay than soccer. ther are alot of women who play soccer. you dont find to many of them playing football. besides in football you got guys jumping on you and stuff when your on the ground.

Mindset
no expression

Deano

i meant american football and baseball

Rogue Jedi

Because it's quite obvious you're doing it to piss people of. Again, why would you just go into the World Cup thread and say football is shit, then make a thread implying football is gay.

Also, we're not discussing American Football vs. Football. At least I'm not. Either way, I don't care about you disliking football, as long as you treat it with the respect I treat sports like American Football and baseball, which I dislike.

The reason why the American Football crowd laugh while the football crowd feel ''butthurt'' is because the American Football crowd is usually the one trying to start shit. See?

wink

Bardock42
See?

wink

Yep, he seems to be right about the "trying to start shit" part.

Quiero Mota
i meant american football and baseball

Why do you feel that way about them? Because you weren't raised playing them, and so they seem alien to you?

Do you think basketball is a crap sport too?

Bardock42
Not a great fan of watching either American Football or Baseball, I like playing Madden though. And Basketball is a great sport.

But just to clarify the Real Football vs. American "Football" debate:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9100/handegg6.jpg

I don't know, seems pretty clear to me.

Rogue Jedi
Yep, he seems to be right about the "trying to start shit" part.

And I am right about soccer fans being so damn touchy about this debate.

Who really gives a shit? People like what they like, I don't dislike soccer, it simply bores me. I like baseball, but it bores some people to death. Hell, some people get off on watching dart throwing competitions.

Deano
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Why do you feel that way about them? Because you weren't raised playing them, and so they seem alien to you?

Do you think basketball is a crap sport too?

Maybe i was being harsh when i said they was crap.

i played lots of baseball as a kid. Its fun to play but not to watch.
basketball is OK to watch, i like it.

Robtard

cool

LoL.

Leo.M
Go gays. w00t

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Kharhmah
Not a great fan of watching either American Football or Baseball, I like playing Madden though. And Basketball is a great sport.

Tbh, American football just seems like a wussy version of rugby.

I only say this because of the use of copious amounts of padding/helmets/shoulder pads etc. in American football as opposed to rugby.
Plus as far as I'm aware American footballers aren't allowed to stamp on peoples hands and so on.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kharhmah

I only say this because of the use of copious amounts of padding/helmets/shoulder pads etc. in American football as opposed to rugby.
Plus as far as I'm aware American footballers aren't allowed to stamp on peoples hands and so on. Except that NFL players are bigger, faster and stronger. Hence the pads. You got 6'6 D Backs who weigh 230 and run a 4.0 40.

Wild Shadow
i played sports my whole life both in and out of school.. i enjoyed playing them but i could never stand watching them even if it was a sport that i played i always found them boring and somewhat gay...

i mean ppl who have no relation to the players screaming their names hooting and holllerin.. as they watch their favorite player run up and down the field all sweaty wearing tights or shorts sweat drippin..

ppl painting up and flashing the players or not wearing shirts...

p.s. the best athlete well rounded overall and higher attributes is not a football player... by the way just saying

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Kharhmah

Plus as far as I'm aware American footballers aren't allowed to stamp on peoples hands and so on.

Every non-American says that. Do they really think its a wuss sport? (Its not) Or is that their way of articulating that its just too strange to what they're used to?

I'll admit that if you didn't grow up watching American football its hard to get into because of all the various rules, but pads doesn't equal wussy. A lot of sports use padding: American football, hockey, lacrosse, Taekwondo, because if they didn't there would be some grevious injuries.

So if the padding in American football disappeared, then you would automatically like the sport? Please.....

sunnyday
That's not football.
yeah, agree with u

Kharhmah
Every non-American says that. Do they really think its a wuss sport? (Its not) Or is that their way of articulating that its just too strange to what they're used to?

I'll admit that if you didn't grow up watching American football its hard to get into because of all the various rules, but pads doesn't equal wussy. A lot of sports use padding: American football, hockey, lacrosse, Taekwondo, because if they didn't there would be some grevious injuries.

So if the padding in American football disappeared, then you would automatically like the sport? Please.....

No....

I never said that...

I only said it seems like a wussy version of another sport...
I then gave reasons why I thought so..

& no I wouldn't like the sport if you took away the padding, seeing as I don't find watching any sport enjoyable. So padding or no padding, I really couldn't care less.
I'm just voicing a thought.

No need to get so defensive about a damn sport.

Rogue Jedi
Except that NFL players are bigger, faster and stronger. Hence the pads. You got 6'6 D Backs who weigh 230 and run a 4.0 40.

Kharhmah

jaden101
Oddly interesting stat is that "soccer" is the most played sport in the US. People just don't watch it. Best reason being that the average attention span of the average US sports watcher is about 10 seconds...Hence in "football" you get about 10 seconds of action for every 2 minutes of cuts to advert breaks.

Bardock42

How do you know that NFL players are bigger, faster and stronger than professional Rugby players? I mean I could possibly see bigger and stronger, cause there's just sports where a different built is more efficient, like Basketball for relatively tall people, but faster? What is that based on. I mean, I worry that it is just some sort of patriotism thing like "**** YEAH NFL HAS THE BEST PLAYERS IN EVERYTHING, YAH!" .... is that it?

And it's true that Association Football is one of the most played sports in the US, I saw a map a while ago of players out of every 1000 inhabitants and the US is up there with places like England, France and Germany....funnily enough Brazil isn't as high up.

§P0oONY
How do you know that NFL players are bigger, faster and stronger than professional Rugby players? I mean I could possibly see bigger and stronger, cause there's just sports where a different built is more efficient, like Basketball for relatively tall people, but faster? What is that based on. I mean, I worry that it is just some sort of patriotism thing like "**** YEAH NFL HAS THE BEST PLAYERS IN EVERYTHING, YAH!" .... is that it?

And it's true that Association Football is one of the most played sports in the US, I saw a map a while ago of players out of every 1000 inhabitants and the US is up there with places like England, France and Germany....funnily enough Brazil isn't as high up. They give a football to a child straight after it's born in Brazil... If it fails to do a trick it is never allowed to touch a football again.

I find it funny that the guy said American football players are bigger, stronger and faster than rugby players... As someone who has watched a lot of both sports I can say that the ones who are bigger than rugby players are simply fat (and no way could run around for 80 mins uninterupted ).

The ones who are stronger... well this is hard to gauge strength in terms of stamina the Rugby player takes it anyday, strength in the tackle probably goes to American Football (because in Rugby they don't all line up and run into eachother so it's not needed as much.)

The one's who are faster... well... this might be true however they don't have to make tackles... there job is simply to run and catch. Rugby players all have to tackle for 80 mins.

Mindset

I don't know, seems pretty clear to me. http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/

Deano
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd177/mrmiller09/american-football-is-gay.jpg

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/06/04/love.jpg

Bardock42
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/ And what are the origins of handegg?

That ACDC Chick
who gives a flying **** about which sport is better?
just because they share a name doesnt make either one better or make the people who play them better or the people who watch them better
theyre different sports, with the same name
there's thousands of people named Robert, but does that make any of them better than the other?
who gives a shit if one sport is watched by damn near the whole world, that doesnt make it the greatest thing since sliced bread!
so just shut. the ****. up already

lord xyz
Isn't anyone gonna mention Australian Football?

They have their own version too.

dadudemon

Oh, look:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vxMK-YtwnwE/SWW4bxsCVQI/AAAAAAAABRc/pVldQDb9s64/s320/punteropenlineblog.jpg

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by lord xyz
Isn't anyone gonna mention Australian Football?

They have their own version too.
there you go, three different sports with one name

That ACDC Chick
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football
The game of football is any of several similar team sports, of similar origins which involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot in an attempt to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". The word football is applied to whichever form of football is the more popular in each particular part of the world, and is hence also variously applied to "gridiron football", a name associated with American football and Canadian football; Australian rules football; Gaelic football; Rugby league; Rugby union; and other related games. These variations are known as "codes".

Mindset
And what are the origins of handegg? http://jakerake.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/retard.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i played sports my whole life both in and out of school.. i enjoyed playing them but i could never stand watching them even if it was a sport that i played i always found them boring and somewhat gay...

i mean ppl who have no relation to the players screaming their names hooting and holllerin.. as they watch their favorite player run up and down the field all sweaty wearing tights or shorts sweat drippin..

p.s. the best athlete well rounded overall and higher attributes is not a football player... by the way just saying

I'm trying to think of one...but it really boils down to what you consider 'athletic'.

A running back is probably the most well rounded athlete out of all, in the world.

They have copious amounts of speed: some up there at Olympian levels.

The best agility in the world out of any athlete, hands down.

Lots of strength per unit of body mass.

Hand eye coordination for the "skilled" players like Brian Westbrook.

Split second decsion making a la air traffic controllers.

I don't know of any other athlete that has to have that combination of physical "skill."

Futbol players certainly are agile and quick...but not on level with an NFL running back. They certainly have more endurance, for sure. Definitely more foot-eye coordination.

Maybe Spike TV should do a special on this to give an athlete the nod for the best well rounded athlete type.

It definitely won't be a futbol player...but it could be a decathlete or an NFL player.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm trying to think of one...but it really boils down to what you consider 'athletic'.

A running back is probably the most well rounded athlete out of all, in the world.

They have copious amounts of speed: some up there at Olympian levels.

The best agility in the world out of any athlete, hands down.

Lots of strength per unit of body mass.

Hand eye coordination for the "skilled" players like Brian Westbrook.

Split second decsion making a la air traffic controllers.

I don't know of any other athlete that has to have that combination of physical "skill."

Futbol players certainly are agile and quick...but not on level with an NFL running back. They certainly have more endurance, for sure. Definitely more foot-eye coordination.

Maybe Spike TV should do a special on this to give an athlete the nod for the best well rounded athlete type.

It definitely won't be a futbol player...but it could be a decathlete or an NFL player.
what about hockey players?
especially the goaltender
they have to be quick and agile, you have to be to be able to stop a small black disk thats flying at you at 95 mph
theyre pretty beefy, taking up most of the net even minus all the equipment they have to wear

Bardock42
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
who gives a flying **** about which sport is better?
just because they share a name doesnt make either one better or make the people who play them better or the people who watch them better
theyre different sports, with the same name
there's thousands of people named Robert, but does that make any of them better than the other?
who gives a shit if one sport is watched by damn near the whole world, that doesnt make it the greatest thing since sliced bread!
so just shut. the ****. up already

I think you are missing the point. Obviously some Roberts are better than others (at least in some things) which is exactly what people are arguing, the name doesn't make the sport better (to some) but other attributes do.

Oh, look:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vxMK-YtwnwE/SWW4bxsCVQI/AAAAAAAABRc/pVldQDb9s64/s320/punteropenlineblog.jpg

Well, the goalie in handball is allowed to use the foot, perhaps we should call that football, too.

Mairuzu
Footegg

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Footegg

Well, they use hands and feet...what about just "egg"?

That ACDC Chick
I think you are missing the point. Obviously some Roberts are better than others (at least in some things) which is exactly what people are arguing, the name doesn't make the sport better (to some) but other attributes do.

Well, the goalie in handball is allowed to use the foot, perhaps we should call that football, too.
what makes one person better than another?
is one person better because they report crime, pay their taxes and contribute to society?
deep down everyone is the same, they all have the same urges and feelings, some people just give in to those urges, that doesnt make them any less of a person

Bardock42
what makes one person better than another?
is one person better because they report crime, pay their taxes and contribute to society?
deep down everyone is the same, they all have the same urges and feelings, some people just give in to those urges, that doesnt make them any less of a person

That's some sort of hippie bullshit. Of course some people are better at some things. Obviously it is subjective, there's no list of traits that make you absolutely better than someone else, but to deny differences in people is just silly, and a purposeful misunderstanding to make take inane moral stand.

That ACDC Chick
That's some sort of hippie bullshit. Of course some people are better at some things. Obviously it is subjective, there's no list of traits that make you absolutely better than someone else, but to deny differences in people is just silly, and a purposeful misunderstanding to make take inane moral stand.
once you look past all the personality traits and physical differences, everyone is the same, you cant deny that
everyone would to the same exact thing if they were trapped on a deserted island with a limited food source and there's two other people with them
its called human nature

Bardock42
once you look past all the personality traits and physical differences, everyone is the same, you cant deny that
everyone would to the same exact thing if they were trapped on a deserted island with a limited food source and there's two other people with them
its called human nature
Once you take away everything that makes a person and reduce it to the same thing, however little that may be, if anything at all, sure. What purpose would that serve though?

The second thing is not true at all. People behave different in similar situations. So that's just nonsense.

Deano
its called human nature

Stop talking crap. Ive had enough of this ****ing crap you crap

That ACDC Chick
Stop talking crap. Ive had enough of this ****ing crap you crap
awebrow

Deano
dancesuperm

§P0oONY
its called human nature laughing That has to be one of the inane posts I've ever seen.

"Once you look past all the personality traits and physical differences" laughing

Surely that's everything... laughing

That ACDC Chick
so youre saying that not everyone in the world breathes oxygen and bleeds red blood?

§P0oONY
so youre saying that not everyone in the world breathes oxygen and bleeds red blood? laughing

It continues...

Last time I checked not everyone's blood was the same... Plus they're physical differences. Chemistry and Biology in physiology is in the physical world.

That ACDC Chick
fine whatever, mr superior being, i give up

Robtard

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
While that post of hers was very odd, I think she's trying to say that 'we're all human with flaws and things that make us great.' Which is agreeable, I think. Hippie bullshit!

That ACDC Chick
While that post of hers was very odd, I think she's trying to say that 'we're all human with flaws and things that make us great.' Which is agreeable, I think.
yeah, i just couldnt find the right words awehuhsp

§P0oONY
Hippie bullshit! Agreed. yes

Mindset

theyre pretty beefy laughing out loud

Robtard
Hippie bullshit!
Originally posted by §P0oONY
Agreed. yes
So the human condition is "hippie bullshit?"

Robtard
yeah, i just couldnt find the right words awehuhsp

What do I get?

That ACDC Chick
What do I get?
a hug and kiss on the cheek? srug

Robtard
a hug and kiss on the cheek? srug

Weak.

Mindset
She didn't say which "cheek".

That ACDC Chick
She didn't say which "cheek".
the one on his face awebrow

Weak.
im sorry sad

Bardock42
So the human condition is "hippie bullshit?"

No, the "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?" bullshit is bullshit in this context. I was talking about attributes that are different (in sports actually, we are arguing the analogy now, a common silliness which I feel embarrassed having been sucked into actually) and she was like "lalalala deep down we are all the same lalalala", doesn't matter to the point, and is a totally different discussion. And the human condition is nothing but a stupid buzzword in this context as well, I mean already her second post was contrary to actual human experience, like I said it was just some unrelated esoteric nonsense.

Robtard
No, the "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?" bullshit is bullshit in this context. I was talking about attributes that are different and she was like "lalalala deep down we are all the same lalalala", doesn't matter to the point, and is a totally different discussion. And the human condition is nothing but a stupid buzzword in this context as well, I mean already her second post was contrary to actual human experience, like I said it was just some unrelated esoteric nonsense.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, B. I was just spouting off with that hippie bullshit because I thought it'd net me some ass, but since she's coming at me with this "hug and kiss" bullshit, no reason to carry the charade, cool?

Bardock42
Whoa, whoa, whoa, B. I was just spouting off with that hippie bullshit because I thought it'd net me some ass, but since she's coming at me with this "hug and kiss" bullshit, no reason to carry the charade, cool?

We cool!

RE: Blaxican
No, the "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?" bullshit is bullshit in this context. I was talking about attributes that are different (in sports actually, we are arguing the analogy now, a common silliness which I feel embarrassed having been sucked into actually) and she was like "lalalala deep down we are all the same lalalala", doesn't matter to the point, and is a totally different discussion. And the human condition is nothing but a stupid buzzword in this context as well, I mean already her second post was contrary to actual human experience, like I said it was just some unrelated esoteric nonsense.

Ah yes, there's the inherent German bloodlust that you've been suppressing for the last couple of years!

That ACDC Chick
what makes you think youd get anything more? its just a stupid internet argument/debate and you think youll get "ass" just by backing me up? haermm

Bardock42
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Ah yes, there's the inherent German bloodlust that you've been suppressing for the last couple of years!

Easy friend, you are twice on the list of undesirables in Germany uhuh

what makes you think youd get anything more? its just a stupid internet argument/debate and you think youll get "ass" just by backing me up? haermm

I think he might be "joking"

Mairuzu
Well, they use hands and feet...what about just "egg"?

Nah, cause in soccor the goalie uses his hands. Its similiar but opposite.

I think his ultimate intention was for you to back yourself up, on to him. no expression

Easy friend, you are twice on the list of undesirables in Germany uhuh

I think he might be "joking"

Thrice.

My great grandmother was Jewish. 313

Mindset
Well, I'm a retarded gay black gypsie jew.

Robtard

Easy, easy; it's all in good fun.

Bardock42
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Thrice.

My great grandmother was Jewish. 313

Hitler's nightmare.

Slay
Either way, my point was, whether you dislike a sport or not, at least treat it with respect. I'll be the first one to admit that you need to be a great athlete to play American football, but it's basically ''stop and go'' action for 48 minutes what bores me.

I know a lot of Americans take American football very seriously so I won't go into a Superbowl thread and make asinine remarks about American football, and I won't make a thread calling it gay on the day of the Superbowl.

What you can't even begin to understand is how important football is to a lot of Europeans and South-Americans, so even a little joke about it will upset people.

Mairuzu
Take a hit slay.

Robtard
Either way, my point was, whether you dislike a sport or not, at least treat it with respect. I'll be the first one to admit that you need to be a great athlete to play American football, but it's basically ''stop and go'' action for 48 minutes what bores me.

I know a lot of Americans take American football very seriously so I won't go into a Superbowl thread and make asinine remarks about American football, and I won't make a thread calling it gay on the day of the Superbowl.

What you can't even begin to understand is how important football is to a lot of Europeans and South-Americans, so even a little joke about it will upset people.

I do agree on all you said, US Football is a snore-fest etc. I think WD's intention was equal parts troll to humor.

Probably best to just take it for what it's for and smile; nothing to be upset over.

Slay
Take a hit slay.
I already took the hit, just clarifying that it was needless to start a page-long discussion about American Football vs. Football. Again.

Mairuzu
Football is definitely better than American football.

Mindset
Basketball is better than both.

Slay
Football is definitely better than American football.
Soccer is super gay man. Football is where it's at, football-players are ****ing fast and need paddings because the sport is ****ing violent, man!

Mindset
Soccer is super gay man. Football is where it's at, football-players are ****ing fast and need paddings because the sport is ****ing violent, man! http://www.nickschweitzer.net/content/binary/soccerisgay.jpg

Mairuzu
You're gay, man.

Mindset
What, I just posted a pic of one of todays football greats.

Bardock42
Actually two.

But man, isn't it weird, that guy is 24? He looks like 40...

And a really ****ed up 40, too.

Mindset
He has progeria.

Show some empathy.

Bardock42
He has progeria.

Show some empathy. I'd believe it.

GCG
To all you Americans.

It's football not soccer!
It's jelly not jello!
It's a spanner not a monkey wrench!
It's a bonnet not a hood!
It's a holiday not a vacation!
It's a boot not a trunk!
It's rubbish not trash!
It's a see-saw not a teeter-totter!
It's trousers not pants!
It's wheel trim not hub caps!
It's a bum bag not a fanny pack!
It's petrol not gas!
It's a cigarette not a f4g!

Robtard
Originally posted by GCG
To all you Americans.

It's a see-saw not a teeter-totter!

It's a cigarette not a f4g!

-I don't know of anyone who calls one a "teeter-totter."

-Don't you mean it the other way around?

Bardock42
What American would ever say "***"?

Mairuzu
I like bum bag

lord xyz
I like sucking on ****.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by GCG

It's a spanner not a monkey wrench!

In the auto-mechanic world, we say spanner. "Monkey wrench" is more of a Redneck thing

Originally posted by GCG

It's a bonnet not a hood!

"Hood" definitely has a cooler, rougher edge to it.

"Hey homes, who did that mural on your bonnet?" ...Sorry, that just doesn't work.

Originally posted by GCG

It's a boot not a trunk!

It's wheel trim not hub caps!

See above.

Mindset
What American would ever say "***"? Yea, that one had me confused.

We say see-saw too.

Deano
whores!

GCG
In the auto-mechanic world, we say spanner. "Monkey wrench" is more of a Redneck thing

"Hood" definitely has a cooler, rougher edge to it.

"Hey homes, who did that mural on your bonnet?" ...Sorry, that just doesn't work.

See above.

Noooo ese; you're not refering to a cobra but a car.
Redneck or not, it's originated from America. Ha!

Robtard
What American would ever say "***"?

Fred Phelps says it a lot, he also thinks about them all day long.

Mairuzu
f*gs cause cancer

Mindset
Only if you put them in your mouth.

lord xyz
f*gs cause cancer In America they cause AIDS.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

Robtard
Okay?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by GCG
Noooo ese; you're not refering to a cobra but a car.

"Hood" has more than one definition.

Besides, isn't a bonnet (originally) a ladies' hat? Hood sounds better than bonnet.

This thread took a turn for the awesome.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by lord xyz
In America they cause AIDS. We're double ****ed. Or double penetrated. ****... we're double penetrated.

JacopeX
I wonder how Americans feel being the only country in the world to think like this....

Digi
Originally posted by JacopeX
I wonder how Americans feel being the only country in the world to think like this....

Originally posted by Digi
**** this. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Deano
you whore digi!

dadudemon
what about hockey players?
especially the goaltender
they have to be quick and agile, you have to be to be able to stop a small black disk thats flying at you at 95 mph
theyre pretty beefy, taking up most of the net even minus all the equipment they have to wear

I've never heard of a hockey player running a 4.2 40, squatting 800lbs, etc.

Deano
Hockey players are whores. Can't take the heat

That ACDC Chick
awesrug

lord xyz
Hockey players are whores. Can't take the heat Field Hockey, Street Hockey, Roller Hockey?

Deano
ALL!!

Rogue Jedi

And it's true that Association Football is one of the most played sports in the US, I saw a map a while ago of players out of every 1000 inhabitants and the US is up there with places like England, France and Germany....funnily enough Brazil isn't as high up.

How big is the average rugby player? How much do they weigh? How fast can they run? How strong are they?

Put the best rugby player out there in pads, you think he can block Ray Lewis? Or blitz past the O line of the Colts? Or Bring down Ricky Williams?

§P0oONY
How big is the average rugby player? How much do they weigh? How fast can they run? How strong are they?

Put the best rugby player out there in pads, you think he can block Ray Lewis? Or blitz past the O line of the Colts? Or Bring down Ricky Williams? How many American Football players could play rugby... You're an idiot... Everyone on a rugby pitch has to do pretty much every job at some time... Be it kicking, running, passing, tackling, taking tackles. Rugby isn't about lining up and running into eachother. What's more they have to do it for 80 mins (with half time). They don't stop every 10 seconds.

Rogue Jedi

§P0oONY
Well how about you ask a question that isn't so ****ing inane. no expression

Rogue Jedi

That ACDC Chick
ALL!!
at least hockey players arent treated like procelin dolls and when they do get a minor injury like a cut or something, they still play on unless its something super serial

Mindset
What was wrong with the questions?

Everything he asked is pretty much what they would be doing in Rugby.

Btw, anyone see Dhani Jones play Rugby on his show, he did well.

That ACDC Chick

Robtard
I've never heard of a hockey player running a 4.2 40, squatting 800lbs, etc.

And then they start patting each other's asses on the defensive line, while wearing tights. Hmm...

Rogue Jedi
What I am asking is this: On a professional level, which of the following is the easiest/hardest transition:

NFL to soccer
NFL to rugby
Soccer to NFL
Soccer to rugby
Rugby to NFL
Rugby to soccer

lord xyz
Edited for lack of sufficient lulz.

Robtard
What I am asking is this: On a professional level, which of the following is the easiest/hardest transition:

NFL to soccer
NFL to rugby
Soccer to NFL
Soccer to rugby
Rugby to NFL
Rugby to soccer
The soccer players could maybe play certain aspects of Football, possibly wide receiver, since they have speed. Though the skinny guys should stay clear.

Rugby players could maybe play defense in soccer. Could all play Football, quite easily too.

American footballers could play Rugby, though I do question their stamina in the long haul.

What's your angle here?

Rogue Jedi
The soccer players could play certain aspects of Football, possibly wide receiver, since they have speed. Though the skinny guys should stay clear.

Rugby players could maybe play defense in soccer. Could all play Football, quite easily too.

American footballers could play Rugby, though I do question their stamina in the long haul.

What's your angle here?

Angle is that NFL players are stronger, faster and bigger. This means bigger hits, hits that would crush a rugby player.

Imagine Ray Lewis (In full pads) hitting a rugby player (without pads FTW) full force.

Robtard
Have you seen some of the top Rugby guys and what they do, without protection?

What would Ray Lewis be without pads though?

Deano
Angle is that NFL players are stronger, faster and bigger. This means bigger hits, hits that would crush a rugby player.

Imagine Ray Lewis (In full pads) hitting a rugby player (without pads FTW) full force.

Yes but they are certainly not fitter. American footballers wouldnt last 5 minutes on a rugby pitch. Yet many rugby players have converted to american football.

Robtard
Also of note, I don't think Rubgy has as much steroid abuse as U.S. Football.

Rogue Jedi
Yes but they are certainly not fitter. American footballers wouldnt last 5 minutes on a rugby pitch. Yet many rugby players have converted to american football. No doubt. I am talking about the ones in mad good shape. Most WR's, DB's, guys like that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>