Takion vs Depowered Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins

Estacado
Takion could have been pretty impressive going by what he was...he gets whooped here though.

alehandro
alehandro = dur

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is spite again Takion.. he gets curbstomped with ease. I think the only person who would say Takion is lightyear.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This is spite again Takion.. he gets curbstomped with ease. I think the only person who would say Takion is lightyear. Takion Beat three Heralds with ease. Tyrant did no such thing. But let's say he did. Then that would mean thier feats are 1 and 1. Tyrant did very well against Galactus with Prep. Takion fended off Ares before he fell. I count that as the same since Tyrant had prep and Ares was more powerful than Galactus. Takion before he died also had Highfather's powers. Doubling his power as seen when Highfather and Takion combined to restore the celestial city.

I dont' see any clear advantages one has over the other. Anything else would be clearly bias.

KuRuPT Thanosi

galactusischere
Originally posted by lightyeargee
And Ares was more powerful than Galactus.

Explain.

Omega Vision
Tyrant
Originally posted by galactusischere
Explain.
Ares had the Godwave at that time. I'd say Ares with Godwave would be AT LEAST Low Abstract.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Tyrant

Ares had the Godwave at that time. I'd say Ares with Godwave would be AT LEAST Low Abstract.

Did he utilize the Godwave or did he just posses it?

TheTyrant

He didn't.

Tyrant wins.

Omega Vision
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. He turned the Godwave's raw energies on the heroes and Takion stepped in and held them back for a bit before being overwhelmed. He possessed and utilized the Godwave's power. Its just hard to say how well he made use of it.

Shazam said that his own power (ie: the power of the gods that make up S.H.A.Z.A.M.) was derived from the Godwave. When Cronus possessed the Godwave he used it to conquer entire Pantheons and even invaded the Silver City.

galactusischere
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. He turned the Godwave's raw energies on the heroes and Takion stepped in and held them back for a bit before being overwhelmed. He possessed and utilized the Godwave's power. Its just hard to say how well he made use of it.

Shazam said that his own power (ie: the power of the gods that make up S.H.A.Z.A.M.) was derived from the Godwave. When Cronus possessed the Godwave he used it to conquer entire Pantheons and even invaded the Silver City.

Still doesn't strike me as a Galactus/Imperiex level feat as lightyeargee said. However, with what you said, I don't see how Tyrant can win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still doesn't strike me as a Galactus/Imperiex level feat as lightyeargee said. However, with what you said, I don't see how Tyrant can win.

What are you talking about? Do you have a clue? Takion DIED trying to stop the wave.. and did rather quickly. Now the Godwave is no joke but Takion merely slowed it down, never stopped it, and died in the process. Besides this isn't Ares with the Godwave it's Takion vs. Tyrant.

Galan007
Takion momentarily slowing the Godwave before being killed by it isn't much different then Surfer channeling the energies of the Crunch against T&A.

Anywho, Tyrant wins with a fair amount of ease. Feat-wise, Takion is around Surfer level.

lightyeargee
Still doesn't strike me as a Galactus/Imperiex level feat as lightyeargee said. However, with what you said, I don't see how Tyrant can win. The Godwave supplied the power of every Super powered being and God in the entire DC cosmos. It allowed Crona to defeat the armies of heaven and touch God. Takion briefly stalled it while at the same time sheilding everyone from the harmful effects of Ares assault.

galactusischere
What are you talking about? Do you have a clue? Takion DIED trying to stop the wave.. and did rather quickly. Now the Godwave is no joke but Takion merely slowed it down, never stopped it, and died in the process. Besides this isn't Ares with the Godwave it's Takion vs. Tyrant.

No I don't have a clue on Takion or Godwave. Which is why I asked Omega Vision.

TheTyrant
The Godwave supplied the power of every Super powered being and God in the entire DC cosmos. It allowed Crona to defeat the armies of heaven and touch God. Takion briefly stalled it while at the same time sheilding everyone from the harmful effects of Ares assault.

Irrelevant as Tak died shortly afterwards.

And I have read Genesis, the Godwave isn't close to Galactus in terms of power. Also scan of Crona touching Primal Monitor plz.

TheTyrant
double post

lightyeargee
Just how powerful do you think Galactus is? Do you think he can suply the power of every single diety and super powered being in all the multiverse while still having his power? Silver Surfer was said to have 1 percent of Galactus's power. This shows us that he gives of his own power. The Godwave is superior to Galactus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
Takion momentarily slowing the Godwave before being killed by it isn't much different then Surfer channeling the energies of the Crunch against T&A.

Anywho, Tyrant wins with a fair amount of ease. Feat-wise, Takion is around Surfer level.

thumb up I concur...

TheTyrant
Just how powerful do you think Galactus is? Do you think he can suply the power of every single diety and super powered being in all the multiverse while still having his power? Silver Surfer was said to have 1 percent of Galactus's power. This shows us that he gives of his own power. The Godwave is superior to Galactus.

Just how powerful do you think Galactus is? More powerful than Ares with Godwave and Takion combined.

Do you think he can suply the power of every single diety and super powered being in all the multiverse while still having his power? If he is fed enough, yea.

Silver Surfer was said to have 1 percent of Galactus's power. Never.

The Godwave is superior to Galactus. Combat feats please. The Ultimate Nullifier which is an aspect of Galactus, is capable of destroying and recreating an infinite multi-verse in a blink of an eye.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I :facepalm'd: when I read that post from lightyear.

lightyeargee
So Galactus could power the antimonitor, gaurdians, every angel? Lulz. He could power Zeus, Odin, the Old Gods, etc? LOL

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Irrelevant as Tak died shortly afterwards.

And I have read Genesis, the Godwave isn't close to Galactus in terms of power. Also scan of Crona touching Primal Monitor plz.
Considering what the Godwave accomplished: the creation of entire pantheons (passively, just as a result of passing through) including skyfathers it is a good deal more powerful than average Galactus.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5zgyg2.jpg

Galan007
The Godwave that was released in Genesis was a lot more powerful then it had been when it was first released (Darkseid even stated such.) Remember, the Godwave in Genesis was so powerful that not even the Source Wall could contain it's energies (which is why the Wall literally shattered in Genesis #3.)

Also recall that the Genesis Godwave was sufficient to wtfpwn Spectre himself. Point being: it was certainly more powerful then Galactus.

TheTyrant
So Galactus could power the antimonitor, gaurdians, every angel? Lulz. He could power Zeus, Odin, the Old Gods, etc? LOL

Anti-Monitor was powered by the Godwave? Please, post the scans. Not that it would matter, regular AM would get stomped by Galactus. Guardians are pathetic. Post the scans which indicate that powerful angels were empowered by the Godwave.

Considering what the Godwave accomplished: the creation of entire pantheons (passively, just as a result of passing through) including skyfathers it is a good deal more powerful than average Galactus.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5zgyg2.jpg
Odin who is the most powerful sky-father save Nabu(questionable), got one-shotted by Doom while he possessed Galactus' power(galactusischere posted the scans in Galactus' respect thread). Sky-fathers are miles below cosmic cubes who are below celestials(based on what Kubik said) who are below Galactus. Galactus is the guy that tanked Living Tribunal's blast in LPS. He is very powerful and highly underestimated.

TheTyrant
Also recall that the Genesis Godwave was sufficient to wtfpwn Spectre himself. Point being: it was certainly more powerful then Galactus.

Spectre gets pwned on a regular basis by people he shouldn't(had trouble with SHAZAM, amped Captain Marvel(who wouldn't have crossed the sky-father range by much), got pwned by aliens, etc). He is like the Eternity of DC. He is supposed to be hotsh1t, but isn't.

galactusischere
Spectre gets pwned on a regular basis by people he shouldn't(had trouble with SHAZAM, amped Captain Marvel(who wouldn't have crossed the sky-father range by much), got pwned by aliens, etc). He is like the Eternity of DC. He is supposed to be hotsh1t, but isn't.

Shattering the S-wall > anything that 616 Galactus has done.

Galan007
Spectre gets pwned on a regular basis by people he shouldn't(had trouble with SHAZAM, amped Captain Marvel(who wouldn't have crossed the sky-father range by much), got pwned by aliens, etc). He is like the Eternity of DC. He is supposed to be hotsh1t, but isn't. Corrigan-Spectre (ie. the most powerful version of Spectre to date) is the one who was owned by the GW. So your 'point' here isn't really vaild.

galactusischere
Corrigan-Spectre (ie. the most powerful version of Spectre to date) is the one who was owned by the GW. So your 'point' here isn't really vaild.

Did the G-wave actually empower the angels and Anti-Monitor?

Black bolt z
Takion for the win.

Stoic
Tyrant

Warlord
lol Tyrant

KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly, Tyrant with ease.

lightyeargee
Honestly, Tyrant with ease. Based upon what? The only time we see Takion defeated is by the full Godwave and the Souece Powered Infinity Man. Even then Takion's powers were shut off when I'm took him out.So what makes you think Tyrant could do it and easily at that When the Gid wave didn't even do it easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lightyear... what is so unclear about this situation. Takion HAS NEVER defeated the people Tyrant has, let alone with the ease Tyrant has. Takion best feat ended up killing him, yet you're trying to use this as proof of something.... what exactly... that he could take a beating from Tyrant? Cool. Yet he would still get owned. The fact remains that Tyrant one shot herald after herald... made Thanos flee for fear of dying... and punked a well-fed Galactus. Takion one v one list is pitiful in comparison.

lightyeargee
thumb up I concur... You would but anyone wth any kind of reasoning can tell that there HUGE differences betwee the feats. For one, We know that the God wave was far more powerful than the crunch energies. Two, Takion stalled the Godwave with his OWN power. Surfer channelled crunch power. Not his own. Third, Takion was alos shielding everyone, including Skyfathers, from the energies of the Godwave. He was doing double duty against Superior power with his onw power. His feats Trumps surfer's in every Possib le way.

lightyeargee
Lightyear... what is so unclear about this situation. Takion HAS NEVER defeated the people Tyrant has, let alone with the ease Tyrant has. Takion best feat ended up killing him, yet you're trying to use this as proof of something.... what exactly... that he could take a beating from Tyrant? Cool. Yet he would still get owned. The fact remains that Tyrant one shot herald after herald... made Thanos flee for fear of dying... and punked a well-fed Galactus. Takion one v one list is pitiful in comparison. What you fail to realize is that Takion exist by his own will. He reforms with thought. He has never been taken out except by the God wave. Takion beat T heralds before he even knew how to work his powers. And all of this before he got High Father's staff. You know the one, that helped break the source wall and also restored DS to full Omega power. Takion and High Fatjer combined might before and literally restored the celestial ity and every New God in it in seconds.

Stoic
Based upon what? The only time we see Takion defeated is by the full Godwave and the Souece Powered Infinity Man. Even then Takion's powers were shut off when I'm took him out.So what makes you think Tyrant could do it and easily at that When the Gid wave didn't even do it easily.

Takion was defeated by a Source powered Infinity Man, this same Source powered Infinity Man was being pushed back by Superman. How is this an argument? DP Tyrant would crush Takion. What many refuse to aknowledge is the fact that DP Tyrant was holding back against some very powerful Herald class beings so that he could feed upon them. There is no chance in hell that Superman would push DP Tyrant at all.

batdude123
Feat-wise, Takion is around Surfer level.

There-in lies the problem. Sometimes a little extrapolation is necessary when dealing with power levels. We shouldn't have to rely on writers cock slapping us in the face with obviousness.

That's not me saying Takion wins this battle, but I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that Takion is Surfer level.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Stoic
Takion was defeated by a Source powered Infinity Man, this same Source powered Infinity Man was being pushed back by Superman. How is this an argument? DP Tyrant would crush Takion. What many refuse to aknowledge is the fact that DP Tyrant was holding back against some very powerful Herald class beings so that he could feed upon them. There is no chance in hell that Superman would push DP Tyrant at all. You do realize that The IM was holding back alot against Superman. The regular IM was more powerful than Superman and you actually believe the uber amped IM was being pushed back against Superman? lulz. When ever someone got in his way that he didn't want to kill, he wasn't really trying. Another example was Little Gog.IM was not trying to kill Little Gog so he wasn't really trying to defeat him. Also, Takion was DEPOWERED when The IM attacked him. You didn't read that? The Source cut Takion off from his powers.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by batdude123
There-in lies the problem. Sometimes a little extrapolation is necessary when dealing with power levels. We shouldn't have to rely on writers cock slapping us in the face with obviousness.

That's not me saying Takion wins this battle, but I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that Takion is Surfer level.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Couldn't we also say that we need to extrapolate certain hyperbole and make sure their feats are comparable. If you take a look at Gladiators Bio you would think he's skyfather level.... yet is he really based on feats. While I see the point you're making... statements/hyperbole also need to be extrapolated further to make sure they exhibit said powers on a consistent basis or at least a few times. True?

Lastly, who do you think wins this battle?

batdude123
Couldn't we also say that we need to extrapolate certain hyperbole and make sure their feats are comparable. If you take a look at Gladiators Bio you would think he's skyfather level.... yet is he really based on feats. While I see the point you're making... statements/hyperbole also need to be extrapolated further to make sure they exhibit said powers on a consistent basis or at least a few times. True?

Lastly, who do you think wins this battle?

Obviously it's a case by case basis, but when he's the living embodiment of the Source and Highfather's link to the Source, saying he's Surfer-level is hilarious to me.

It's tricky. DP Tyrant may win, but I don't see it as being a stomp like most here do.

lightyeargee

Lastly, who do you think wins this battle? Let me ask you something. Do you think Odin would need Zurfer to shield him from the effects of the Godwave? Takion shielded Shazam ans someother Old Elder God from the Godwave. If Takion were Surfer Lvl, then he would have been as useless as Zuperman and Green Lantern were against the Godwave. Even the Shazam and the Elder God couldn't repell the wave.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me ask you something. Do you think Odin would need Zurfer to shield him from the effects of the Godwave? Takion shielded Shazam ans someother Old Elder God from the Godwave. If Takion were Surfer Lvl, then he would have been as useless as Zuperman and Green Lantern were against the Godwave. Even the Shazam and the Elder God couldn't repell the wave.

Do you understand that his ability to do that was directly tied into his connection with the source and the God-wave in general. Do you get that he failed to even stop it and only slowed it down for a brief brief period of time. The other problem is this.. you're claiming that because he shielded people like Shazam and other skyfathers he's at that level? No that doesn't prove that in the least. Unless of course you're claiming that Takion is above Shazam, Nabu, Mordru? Are you claiming that? If you are, then fine. If not, then the fact that he shielded people above him doesn't prove what you are claiming.

lightyeargee
Do you understand that his ability to do that was directly tied into his connection with the source and the God-wave in general. Do you get that he failed to even stop it and only slowed it down for a brief brief period of time. The other problem is this.. you're claiming that because he shielded people like Shazam and other skyfathers he's at that level? No that doesn't prove that in the least. Unless of course you're claiming that Takion is above Shazam, Nabu, Mordru? Are you claiming that? If you are, then fine. If not, then the fact that he shielded people above him doesn't prove what you are claiming. If they could have shielded themselves and the others, why didn't they? And no where was it stated that Takion's ability was directly tied to the source. Ares had full ontroll of the Godwave and as such Takion had to use his own Might. It's not like he was wresting control from Ares. And I never said Takion was above Shazam tho he prolly was at the tim of his death, onsidering he had highfather's power too. Nabu is ridiculously more powerful than shazam so I don't see how or why he was mentioned.

lightyeargee
If they could have shielded themselves and the others, why didn't they? And no where was it stated that Takion's ability was directly tied to the source to halt the GW. Ares had full ontroll of the Godwave and as such Takion had to use his own Might. It's not like he was wresting control from Ares. And I never said Takion was above Shazam tho he prolly was at the tim of his death, onsidering he had highfather's power too. Nabu is ridiculously more powerful than shazam so I don't see how or why he was mentioned.

Omega Vision
Obviously it's a case by case basis, but when he's the living embodiment of the Source and Highfather's link to the Source, saying he's Surfer-level is hilarious to me.

It's tricky. DP Tyrant may win, but I don't see it as being a stomp like most here do.
thumb up
He's trans tier at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.