Thor vs Orion (No Powers, No Equipment Melee Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

amnesia
Orion is bigger.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even when power less, Thor takes on hordes of enemies, knocks out trolls, keeps up with Captain America, plows through waves off Class 30's after knocking out a Class 40 etc.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Even when power less, Thor takes on hordes of enemies, knocks out trolls, keeps up with Captain America, plows through waves off Class 30's after knocking out a Class 40 etc. relevance?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Starscream M
relevance?

I think he thought that by no powers you might have meant depowered, as in human physical attributes?

Starscream M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think he thought that by no powers you might have meant depowered, as in human physical attributes? I see. I just meant no active powers...they still have regular attributes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
relevance?

By no powers, did you mean power less or simply a hand to hand battle?

lightyeargee
Orion is a match for Superman in Hand to Hand. I don't think Thor is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not when it really counts.

Yes he is.

Prep-Man
Orion.

celeyhyga17
Of course Thor is a match for either Orion or Superman in H2H. I do think Supes would take it in the long run against Thor or Orion in H2H because he's that much faster.

Prep-Man
I think Orion's skill of fighting will give him the edge over Superman, eventually. He did go up against the greatest martial artist in the universe and knocked Superman for a loop.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I think Orion's skill of fighting will give him the edge over Superman, eventually. He did go up against the greatest martial artist in the universe and knocked Superman for a loop.

Superman is no slouch.

What instance are you referring to?

If your talking about the Valkrya fight, that holds as much water as the Man Beast fight for Thor. The Man Beast was stated to posses the knowledge of every form of combat advanced by a million years and Thor's fighting prowess was still superior to him. Lee/Kirby Thor was very impressive in terms of fighting prowess. He was prone to using different maneuvers and skills you'd see a street character use every once in a while. The two fights (Valkyra and Man Beast that is.) were actually quite similar.

It'd be more impressive if Orion or Thor were to defeat an established martial artist when depowered etc.

Regardless, both and Thor are extremely skilled and proficient warriors. Both superior to Superman in that category.

When? There was that one time he used the Astro Force to knock out Superman temporarily.

Spire
Orion.

Prep-Man
Superman is no slouch.

What instance are you referring to?

If your talking about the Valkrya fight, that holds as much water as the Man Beast fight for Thor. The Man Beast was stated to posses the knowledge of every form of combat advanced by a million years and Thor's fighting prowess was still superior to him. Lee/Kirby Thor was very impressive in terms of fighting prowess. He was prone to using different maneuvers and skills you'd see a street character use every once in a while. The two fights (Valkyra and Man Beast that is.) were actually quite similar.

It'd be more impressive if Orion or Thor were to defeat an established martial artist when depowered etc.

Regardless, both and Thor are extremely skilled and proficient warriors. Both superior to Superman in that category.

When? There was that one time he used the Astro Force to knock out Superman temporarily.

Yeah, when Orion was in a pacafist state and still had the edge. Valkyrie has had bouts before in an early New Gods run, showing her skill in tournaments. So she's pretty skilled.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, when Orion was in a pacafist state and still had the edge. Valkyrie has had bouts before in an early New Gods run, showing her skill in tournaments. So she's pretty skilled.

As I recall Orion's spirit was down at the time and he sought the fight to regain his fire. After tanking a beating, he returned to his previous state and strikes her three times, gaining the edge, but Highfather intervened or something similar.

It would have been more impressive if Orion while depowered defeated Jason etc.

And the Man Beast defeated the High Evolutionary in combat.

Prep-Man
I don't remember his fighting spirit actually returning. But that's basically how it happened. In Simonson's run, Orion also mentioned he knows every type of fighting art in the cosmos.

Stoic
Thor

Mshinu
Orion is a ginger. Obviously the blonde viking jock beats him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mshinu
Orion is a ginger. Obviously the blonde viking jock beats him.

Only girly men have long hair. stick out tongue

Mshinu
Only girly men have long hair. stick out tongue

uh, oh. He heard you.

http://shawnmichaels974.s.h.pic.centerblog.net/2q07nejg.jpg

Prep-Man
Undertaker became a crapy biker dude. He doesn't count.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't remember his fighting spirit actually returning. But that's basically how it happened. In Simonson's run, Orion also mentioned he knows every type of fighting art in the cosmos.

I thought his fire etc. returned near the end. He was "reborn" or something similar.

I don't recall that but I'll take your word for it. The closest praise Thor has gotten to that statement that I can recall off the top of my head is when Odin called Thor, Asgard's most efficient killer and/or warrior.

Prep-Man
I thought his fire etc. returned near the end. He was "reborn" or something similar.

I don't recall that but I'll take your word for it. The closest praise Thor has gotten to that statement that I can recall off the top of my head is when Odin called Thor, Asgard's most efficient killer and/or warrior.

Near the end of the fight or the issue?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Near the end of the fight or the issue?

I'm pretty sure it was at the end of the fight when Orion starts pounding on Valkrya. It stated that he was reborn, that fury and frenzy etc. of Orion's heart was unleashed.

Prep-Man
I'm pretty sure it was at the end of the fight when Orion starts pounding on Valkrya. It stated that he was reborn, that fury and frenzy etc. of Orion's heart was unleashed.

Yep, you're right. when his heart came back, he beat her like she stole something. In the beginning of the fight, I like the comment made by someone who said " there was a time when Orion wouldn't let Valkyrie get a thousand yards of him" or something to that. This was when Valkyrie ambushed him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yep, you're right. when his heart came back, he beat her like she stole something. In the beginning of the fight, I like the comment made by someone who said " there was a time when Orion wouldn't let Valkyrie get a thousand yards of him" or something to that. This was when Valkyrie ambushed him.

I remember that. Orion had gotten soft and pacifistic. That was the entire reason for the fight. To restore his spirit. At least as far as I recall.

It was one of the Forever People who made the comment. Vykin I believe.

Prep-Man
I remember that. Orion had gotten soft and pacifistic. That was the entire reason for the fight. To restore his spirit. At least as far as I recall.

It was one of the Forever People who made the comment. Vykin I believe.

No, it was Lucifer Morningstar. A guest appearance. He admitted he was scared shitless of Orion. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lucifer was only cock stroking Orion to get his confidence up. I mean, he was losing to a god damn woman in a fight. Lol, what a pussy.

Prep-Man
Lucifer was only cock stroking Orion to get his confidence up. I mean, he was losing to a god damn woman in a fight. Lol, what a pussy.

He needed Orion's intelligence. He did create the Genesis Box afterall.

cdtm
Leaning towards a toss up, but Thor has one major disadvantage.

A girlfriend and happy family life. Orions got a lot of anger/frusteration.. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
happy family life

I guess in comparison to Orion, sure.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Close fight and really hard to call a winner here... Just not sure...

Black bolt z
I'll give orion the win.

Sasaraixx
Orion.

BattleMage
H2H your kidding right? THOR wtf

lightyeargee
Originally posted by BattleMage
H2H your kidding right? THOR wtf How many hand to hand feats does Thor have without his hammer?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What exactly do you mean by feats?

Who his taken on in battle without Mjolnir?

lightyeargee
What exactly do you mean by feats?

Who his taken on in battle without Mjolnir? The Hammer is clearly Superior to everyone when it comes to mele fighting. Odin used it to kill a Goddess once I believe. So I want to know who has Thor beaten in hand to hand without the Hammer. The hammer is a serious advantage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by lightyeargee
The Hammer is clearly Superior to everyone when it comes to mele fighting. Odin used it to kill a Goddess once I believe. So I want to know who has Thor beaten in hand to hand without the Hammer. The hammer is a serious advantage.

Overrating Mjolnir there. All it does amp Thor's striking power to an extent in a hand to hand battle.

His beaten both the Hulk and the Thing in hand to hand battle without Mjolnir.

Gecko4lif
Orions's thumbnail is the size of a small country

Just saying

Small orion could beat thor in h2h imo though a solid 7/10 times

el tigré
Hulk has an almost spotless track record against Thor.

The Thundergod's only stalemated him once.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol at the first post.

An even bigger lol at the second post.

el tigré
Lol at the first post.

An even bigger lol at the second post.

Problem, amigo?

Rage.Of.Olympus

el tigré
Your comment that the Hulk has an almost spotless record and that Thor has only stalemated him once is pure fan fiction.
You must be confused.

Hulk has always beaten Thor soundly, you'd be hard pressed to prove me wrong there, fanboy.

BattleMage
Them sounds like scan words!

Gecko4lif

Rage.Of.Olympus

BattleMage
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
What are spanish trolls called?

Conquistadors? laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

laughing out loud

The Hulk and Thor have had multiple fights. Almost all of them have been stalemates you moron.

As a matter of fact, Thor is currently holding the most wins.

His actually killed both the Hulk and Thing in battle, and nearly killed the Hulk in their latest battle. His also knocked out the Hulk with a lightning bolt after beating his ass down.

The Hulk once beat down Thor in a recent one shot, which I admit was embarrassing but what we saw was Bruce Banner's memory, and even he thought it was far fetched.

I'm a fan boy? At least I'm not delusional.

Edit: I'm wasting my time. Your just another troll/sock.

Hey Rage... Why don't you school this cat some... his posts are just plain ignorant....

lightyeargee
I think I'm more impressed by Thor's fight with Gladiator. Gladiator>>Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by lightyeargee
I think I'm more impressed by Thor's fight with Gladiator. Gladiator>>Hulk.

Nah. Not in a hand to hand battle.

Stalemating the Hulk in a straight up brawl is more impressive than beating Gladiator in a straight up brawl.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hey Rage... Why don't you school this cat some... his posts are just plain ignorant....

Not worth the effort. Besides, I'm in the mood to do some Thor trolling right now.

lightyeargee
Nah. Not in a hand to hand battle.

Stalemating the Hulk in a straight up brawl is more impressive than beating Gladiator in a straight up brawl. Gladiator is Faster, Smarter, way way Stronger than Hulk on the onset, More durable, and leagues above hulk in fighting skills.

cdtm
Lol at the first post.

At his opinion of the outcome, or the comment about Orion being huge?

Byrne established New Gods being giant sized, but boom tubes alter the size of whoever goes through them. So if, say, Superman goes to New Genesis via boom tube, he gets enlarged into a giant, and Orion gets shrunk on his visits to Earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.