Annihilus w/Q bands vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Odin can't come to Thors aid this time

No bfr

Bentley
Well... Since Annihilus won't have the Odin Force this time, I suppose they'll keep absorbing each other's energy until Thor manages to get close where he completely outclasses Anni.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Annihilus and Thor have had three fights.

In the first fight, Annihilus had just drained the power of a dozen Asgardian's or so and Thor had suffered his first weakness inducing malady. The fight was brief. Thor knocked down Annihilus, Annihilus feined weakness, and Annihilus basically one shotted Thor.

An issue later they fought again, and this time Thor tanked his attacks -even at point blank range- and was winning.

In the third fight, he fought Masterson and was amped on a piece of the Odin Force. They fought a bit, Masterson gained the advantage, Annihilus knocked Masterson down with a blast to the face, and Masterson destroyed the Cosmic Control Rod with a hammer throw while Annihilus was fighting Sif.

I'm pretty sure that's how their fights basically went.

Anyways, Thor wins. In this fight, Thor won't be suffering from any maladies, and an amped Annihilus isn't something Thor is unfamiliar with.

Like Bentley said, Thor eventually gets up close and puts an end to him. Or he just get's creative and uses Mjolnir to end Annihilus.

dmills
Yeah but the bug has the Q-bands. That's a gamechanger. Annihilus wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
Yeah but the bug has the Q-bands. That's a gamechanger. Annihilus wins. This

Rage.Of.Olympus
Game changer? It gives him a power boost. Like I said, taking on an amped Annihilus is clearly not beyond Thor's capabilities.

Using the bands for extra power is all I recall him doing.

This goes probably like Bentley said. Thor eventually gets up close and ends it.

dmills
It is now whistle

JakeTheBank
Thor

cdtm
Thor, as long as he doesn't try taking him head on, and makes liberal use of his hammers absorption and esoteric powers.

One of my favorite Thor abilities is how he can absorb someone elses power, and return it with enhanced damage..

amnesia
Originally posted by dmills
It is now whistle

But nova can do it, rait?

dmills
Originally posted by amnesia
But nova can do it, right?

HEHEHE devil

Slaanesh
Annihilus

Warlord
Thor...
Mjolnir can absorb quantum energy, q bands can't absorb Mjolnir...
that easy

celeyhyga17
Thor might take this. first off, the quantum bands just dont work for anyone. The bug may have been using it as a power source, but he clearly did not unlock it's true use. it was almost useless to him i think. if anyting it was prolly hurting him. (unsure since it was never actually mentioned on panel). i remember some old comic in which it eventually destroyed it's user since the user was never really chosen as protector. it was a fake marvel boy i think that got destroyed. so yeah thor w/mjolnir prolly > annihilus w/quantum bands

Slaanesh
the Q Band makes Annihilus more powerful..it was state on panel if i'm not mistaken..

Warlord
they do...but they give him power as in energy output...not the best way to beat mjolnir

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Warlord
they do...but they give him power as in energy output...not the best way to beat mjolnir

it makes him more powerful than normal..normal Annihilus stomp Quasar..with the Q Band..he easily stomp Nova..that is enough for me to give him the win against Thor..hell..i would give him the win against Surfer too..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the Q Band makes Annihilus more powerful..it was state on panel if i'm not mistaken..

yes i sated that he was using it as a power source hence amping him somewhat. but i wanted to add a bit of history to the bands. continued use of it prolly would have hurt him in the long run. again i say "probably" since anihilus is more durable than ure avg joe. plus he never really showed how the bands are supposed to be use or at least not really how quasar would use it's capabilities.

Warlord
it makes him more powerful than normal..normal Annihilus stomp Quasar..with the Q Band..he easily stomp Nova..that is enough for me to give him the win against Thor..hell..i would give him the win against Surfer too..

the difference is that in all the fights u mentioned energy projection and absorption was the issue.
Q bands gave him more juice than before and he won a jobber Quasar just because his cosmic rod drained the q-bands (smells bullshit sick to me).

nothing of the above would be applicable in a fight with Thor. energy won't matter and it will end up in a h2h fight where Thor has the edge

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Warlord
the difference is that in all the fights u mentioned energy projection and absorption was the issue.
Q bands gave him more juice than before and he won a jobber Quasar just because his cosmic rod drained the q-bands (smells bullshit sick to me).

nothing of the above would be applicable in a fight with Thor. energy won't matter and it will end up in a h2h fight where Thor has the edge

even if it's just energy..i will still give him the win..he is still more powerful..that is enough for me..i don't really like going into details..

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
yes i sated that he was using it as a power source hence amping him somewhat. but i wanted to add a bit of history to the bands. continued use of it prolly would have hurt him in the long run. again i say "probably" since anihilus is more durable than ure avg joe. plus he never really showed how the bands are supposed to be use or at least not really how quasar would use it's capabilities.

well..u said it was almost useless to him..that's why i said it actually amp him..guess we both agree that it amp him smile

Warlord
even if it's just energy..i will still give him the win..he is still more powerful..that is enough for me..i don't really like going into details..

details like Thor could just absorb anything he shots at his direction?
OK. Fine by me.

Nihilist
Annihilus could absorb Thor energy

Warlord
yes...they cancel each other in energy projection/absorption game. then h2h comes into play...Thor wins there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.