The Last Exorcism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

MildPossession
I like the look of it, but Eli Roth involved doesn't fill me with hope.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, I like the look of it too. I most probably will be seeing this.

BackFire
Agree with the two lovely ladies above me. Looks interesting and even promising, but Roth being involved is not a good thing.

Dr. Leg Kick
Bloody-disgusting has a pretty good review of the film. I usually agree with their reviews, I can't wait for the film.

BackFire
Saw it earlier. It's a confusing little movie, not so much in that it doesn't make sense, just in that it's almost not a horror movie. Can't really explain it without spoiling it, just be wary of the commercials, they make the movie out to be something that it's not, and that it doesn't really try to be. It's a lot more humorous than I was expecting, and it has a very anti religious tone about it.

It's interesting, though. With some surprisingly competent acting.

jaden101
Seriously?...This is possibly the most atrocious movie I've ever seen at the cinema. We went up tonight without knowing what was on and it was a choice between this and Resident Evil 3D at the time we got there (nothing else was on for the next 2 hours)

Absolute crap....Laughably so, in fact.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, im with you, Jaden. I thought the movie was complete balls. It was a waste of my time. I may not have been as disappointed with the movie if it hadn't been marketed and advertised as a horror movie. The only element of horror comes at the very end with a rushed ending that is completely out of place and only seems to serve as a way to justify the movie being catogorized as a horror movie.

The entire movie sets itself up as exposing possessions and exorcisms as fake. So, it seems that the focus of the movie is relying on the ending to either tell us that everything we saw was in deed a hoax or rather, real. I won't spoil it by revealing the ending but i will say that the movie doesn't do much at all to convince the audience that the scenes of possession are anything but a hoax, so most people, i'm sure, will be expecting the turn at the end to reveal that the possession is in fact real but the ending does little of the sort. It neither verifies the possession as a hoax or that it's real. It's just out of place and is far more confusing than it needs to be. It feels like an ending for a different movie. It was a very cheap ending, one that i think most people will compare to, Blair witch but at least the ending in Blair witch tied into the exposition of the film and actually made sense.

jaden101
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, im with you, Jaden. I thought the movie was complete balls. It was a waste of my time. I may not have been as disappointed with the movie if it hadn't been marketed and advertised as a horror movie. The only element of horror comes at the very end with a rushed ending that is completely out of place and only seems to serve as a way to justify the movie being catogorized as a horror movie.

The entire movie sets itself up as exposing possessions and exorcisms as fake. So, it seems that the focus of the movie is relying on the ending to either tell us that everything we saw was in deed a hoax or rather, real. I won't spoil it by revealing the ending but i will say that the movie doesn't do much at all to convince the audience that the scenes of possession are anything but a hoax, so most people, i'm sure, will be expecting the turn at the end to reveal that the possession is in fact real but the ending does little of the sort. It neither verifies the possession as a hoax or that it's real. It's just out of place and is far more confusing than it needs to be. It feels like an ending for a different movie. It was a very cheap ending, one that i think most people will compare to, Blair witch but at least the ending in Blair witch tied into the exposition of the film and actually made sense.

The ending was indeed utterly dire...There was about 15 minutes or so in the middle of the movie that were genuinely creepy (when she was sitting on top of the cupboard in the bedroom staring at the camera)...but the ending gave me the impression that they'd completely run out of money and had to get the film finished. It just happens out of nowhere. As for the baby... laughing

surnim9890
I watched the last exorcism movie,this movie is so good.

fanhost
It's a great movie.. I have watched few days back. It's really superb movie..

Scythe
Saw this, it became sorta interesting mid-movie, but the ending just utterly tanked for me.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie felt like a magician who builds up an incredible magic trick and then just as he's about to perform the trick he stops himself and reveals that he's in fact not a magician and magic is not real and you're stupid for thinking that it is. It would have been a movie worth watching had the damn girl actually been possessed but i suppose that just makes to much sense but apparently it doesnt make as much sense as the entire town (whom we're never introduced to) are in on some sacrificial black magic voodoo bullshit. Yeah, it definitely would have been stupid to have told a simple, yet, chilling movie. I'm so glad they went they the direction they did because i love shit.

SuperWarner
We're told very early on that there's is a satanic cult in that town, but it's dismissed as small town hogwash.
I was told this movie was a comedy, so going in I had no idea what to expect, and had a really fun time watching it. It was humorous, there were some twists and turns, and I thought the ending was really fun.
With no expectations, and those events, I had a LOT of fun with this movie. BUT if I had gone expecting to be scared I would have been severely disappointed.

jnsmith0123
The Last Exorcism is a 2010 American mockumentary horror film directed and edited by Daniel Stamm. Starring Patrick Fabian, Ashley Bell, Iris Bahr. 'The Last Exorcism' is an unconventional and fairly satisfying horror film. It is a pretty interesting film right up until it tries to scare you.

MotionCityJimmy
Awesome movie. Had some flaws like it seemed like it took forever to begin and the ending was the same as "Blair Witch Project" but it had an interesting concept and carried it out well.

maximus395
The whole topic the movie was kinda dodging around, religion, but it was a good movie. Some of the shaky camera running gave me a headache but thats just a personal flaw, lol. Good movie though.

jaden101
Originally posted by maximus395
The whole topic the movie was kinda dodging around, religion, but it was a good movie. Some of the shaky camera running gave me a headache but thats just a personal flaw, lol. Good movie though.

As much as your signature link is film related it's also considered spam...I'd advise you remove it as it just looks like all the other spam accounts that have links in the signatures as a means to get around being unable to post links when they 1st join.

MildPossession
Nobody listens to you Jaden, not even the moderators...

jaden101
Apparently so...Seems the forums have just been abandoned to spammers

anfernee06
Hmmm. i havent watched it yet.. Gonna buy this on DVD smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.