Scientists Able to Repair Sight!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RE: Blaxican
http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/medical-breakthrough-restoring-sight-to-the-blind-20498197

Incredible stuff. I know stem cells is one of those"taboo" subjects. Opinions?

inimalist
/tear

science does it again

As awesome as it is, the implications alone are enough to get me excited.

Symmetric Chaos
Now we wait for the horrible side effects.

LLLLLink
Before its over, we'll have homunculus for servants and manual labor purposes, while regular humans continue the search for more power and knowledge.

inimalist
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
As awesome as it is, the implications alone are enough to get me excited.

no, i totally hear what you are saying. 50+ years, what are they going to be able to do?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

heathen

uninhibited research! huzzah!

besides, when has science ever moved too fast before?

Mindship
Post when we can fix mental shortsightedness.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship

Ah, yes: intellectual myopia.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Mindship

or the annoying DIEING illness

Rogue Jedi
Now we wait for the horrible side effects. Mhm, namely the patients turning into zombies.

Darth Jello

Actually, people who've had sight restored, specifically those who were born blind have a very, very high suicide rate.

Wild Shadow
why isnt the comic world catching up to real world science why is daredevil still running around blind?!!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Actually, people who've had sight restored, specifically those who were born blind have a very, very high suicide rate.

There's a ****ing ridiculous amount of irony in that.

Symmetric Chaos

Yikes.

Ms.Marvel
thats amazing!

Darth Jello
It has to do with brain plasticity. When a person is born blind or blinded, the brain rewires itself to get a picture of it's surroundings more through hearing and touch. When sight is restored, the brain is overwhelmed and confused, often resulting in severe depression.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, people who've had sight restored, specifically those who were born blind have a very, very high suicide rate. That's either incredibly sad or incredibly bullshit. Prolly the former.

Quiero Mota

I wonder why...did they prefer Braille and being dependant on a dog for getting around town?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I wonder why...did they prefer Braille and being dependant on a dog for getting around town? Probably because the world is a ****ed up place, and visual confirmation of that is too much for them.

inimalist
It has to do with brain plasticity. When a person is born blind or blinded, the brain rewires itself to get a picture of it's surroundings more through hearing and touch. When sight is restored, the brain is overwhelmed and confused, often resulting in severe depression.

very strange...

do you know if there is a difference if the treatment is done earlier in life vs later?

that must be the most bizarre rehab period though, after that surgery, your brain wouldn't be able to visually process the edge of objects, let alone identify item categories like "chair"...

Dr. Leg Kick
Just started learning about Alkaline Phosphatase techniques for stem cell markings, and I've been having a great time in the lab.

Stem Cells FTW

Darth Jello
Originally posted by inimalist
very strange...

do you know if there is a difference if the treatment is done earlier in life vs later?

that must be the most bizarre rehab period though, after that surgery, your brain wouldn't be able to visually process the edge of objects, let alone identify item categories like "chair"... I think it has to do with how long you've been blind and how you've adapted.

Imagine that you had surgery that allowed you to see into infrared and ultraviolet light and radio waves but your brain wasn't equipped to process that information. Every time you opened your eyes, all you'd see was a bright, fluctuating mess. Wouldn't that depress and confuse you?

inimalist
I think it has to do with how long you've been blind and how you've adapted.

well, yes, but the thing is, children have a much higher degree of plasticity than adults do. I was wondering if there was any evidence that there were less complications if the surgery was done in childhood vs later adulthood.

EDIT: for instance, brain injuries that would cause lifetime disabilities in adults are often only temporary in young kids. their plasticity allows the connections to be reformed.

Imagine that you had surgery that allowed you to see into infrared and ultraviolet light and radio waves but your brain wasn't equipped to process that information. Every time you opened your eyes, all you'd see was a bright, fluctuating mess. Wouldn't that depress and confuse you?

I, uh, understand the concept actually...

ADarksideJedi
I don't argee with that so no I don't think it is a good thing.Scientist always trys to play God and it is not right or a good thing to do.

inimalist
or maybe God should stop trying to play scientist

ADarksideJedi
That makes no sence?

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I don't argee with that so no I don't think it is a good thing.Scientist always trys to play God and it is not right or a good thing to do.

Really?

I mean, really?

Words, can not describe in full, the rayge and confusion I am simultaneously experiencing right now.

ADarksideJedi
I am just saying that God made scienctist not the other way around,

So you're not saying that it isn't a good thing or the right thing for scientists to develop ways to cure people's blindness?

ADarksideJedi
No it is a good thing I just don't like it when they try to play God.

Symmetric Chaos
You have to pick one here. They're fixing people's vision, that's a God thing isn't it?

Rogue Jedi
OK, how is giving someone vision playing God?

ADarksideJedi
Because God gives Vision to us.anyway it is a good thing that they are helping people but with other stuff it is not so good.

Symmetric Chaos
Because God gives Vision to us.anyway it is a good thing that they are helping people but with other stuff it is not so good.

So where's this line between "playing God but it's okay" and "playing God but it's bad"?

Legs are a God thing, so crutches will lead to Satanism.
Hair is a God thing, so Rogaine will lead to baby eating.
Food is a God thing, so farming will lead to Hell swallowing the Earth.

inimalist
That makes no sence?

sure it does, it is a cynical reference to religious institutions overstepping their own knowledge of the world and trying to censor what is otherwise perfectly valid and beneficial science.

Parmaniac
I will clap when they cure Alzheimer

inimalist
ya, because curing blindness is such a trivial accomplishment

Darth Jello
I guess this if there is a cure for blindness, it shouldn't become a common treatment for blindness until some method, such as therapy or surgery is developed to treat the mental and neurological consequences of giving or restoring sight to the sightless.

Rogue Jedi

So are we playing God when:

1. Designing prosthetics for amputees?
2. We eventually find a cure for cancer?
3. Creating hearing aids?
4. Making simple medicinal products, such as cough syrup?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I will clap when they cure Alzheimer

I definitely remind you if you forget to clap.

ADarksideJedi
sure it does, it is a cynical reference to religious institutions overstepping their own knowledge of the world and trying to censor what is otherwise perfectly valid and beneficial science.

My knowledge is that God made Scienctist are you staying that Scientist made God?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by dadudemon
I definitely remind you if you forget to clap. Don't worry my granddad died cause of it, if I hear anything about a cure I'll make a thread here with balloons and everything.

My knowledge is that God made Scienctist are you staying that Scientist made God? Well some scientists doing a better job than "god".

inimalist
My knowledge is that God made Scienctist are you staying that Scientist made God?

sunnyday
Don't worry my granddad died cause of it, if I hear anything about a cure I'll make a thread here with balloons and everything.

Well some scientists doing a better job than "god".
yeah, we should thank scientists

ADarksideJedi
Don't worry my granddad died cause of it, if I hear anything about a cure I'll make a thread here with balloons and everything.

Well some scientists doing a better job than "god".

How are they doing a better job then God?

Parmaniac
How are they doing a better job then God? By curing diseases, creating antidotes and in the future I'm sure to repair genetic defects too.

Symmetric Chaos
How are they doing a better job then God?

What has God done for you lately?

Lord Lucien
Because God gives Vision to us.anyway it is a good thing that they are helping people but with other stuff it is not so good. You could extend this line of thought to anything. Anyone who tries to rectify something or fix what's broken could be seen as playing God. "You chopped down that tree for firewood so that you wouldn't freeze in winter? Don't. God put that tree there, God made it cold, God made your body prone to death, so stop trying to stop anything that happens because it's not God's will."

ADarksideJedi
I am not stopping anything and it is God's will for people to be happy.Just not when Scientist try to play God

inimalist
I am not stopping anything and it is God's will for people to be happy.Just not when Scientist try to play God

so god wants people to be happy, unless they can be cured by stem cells, then he wants them to suffer needlessly?

and you worship that being? a being that purposefully creates curable diseases that he doesn't want people to cure?

I'm sorry, but that is not a very benevolent or merciful dirty.

dadudemon
so god wants people to be happy, unless they can be cured by stem cells, then he wants them to suffer needlessly?

Nah, that's just human sentiments. God wants us learn as much as possible, without harming eachother.

and you worship that being? a being that purposefully creates curable diseases that he doesn't want people to cure?

Nah. I don't worship that grumpy, god, that hates everyone.

I'm sorry, but that is not a very benevolent or merciful dirty.

I agree.

Lord Lucien
I am not stopping anything and it is God's will for people to be happy.Just not when Scientist try to play God When does a scientist cross the line from advancing happiness and playing God?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
When does a scientist cross the line from advancing happiness and playing God?

I would think Hitler-like Eugenics would be a good example. smile

Lord Lucien
Hey, so long as Hitler didn't cure anyone's blindness, they're all good.

Parmaniac

Maybe you should take your opinion and share it with certain people in africa, I'm sure they would be happy to know that the starvation of millions, AIDS and malaria is gods will and part of his devine plan.

Yeah I agree scientists are evil for helping other people and make their lives more comfortable and longer.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Hey, so long as Hitler didn't cure anyone's blindness, they're all good.

lol

Well, he'd be safe, at least, with the right-wing screamers.

inimalist
Nah, that's just human sentiments. God wants us learn as much as possible, without harming eachother.

yea, probably, but not everyone's god

Nah. I don't worship that grumpy, god, that hates everyone.

most people do though. IMHO, most people's god appears as little more than evil spirits. humanity can rest easier knowing the god of the bible does not existOriginally posted by dadudemon

I agree.

indeed, if only you represented the majority view

dadudemon
yea, probably, but not everyone's god

most people do though. IMHO, most people's god appears as little more than evil spirits. humanity can rest easier knowing the god of the bible does not exist

indeed, if only you represented the majority view

What's amazing is I knew that "dirty" = diety. I have psychic powers from God. no expression

laughing

And, you're right, most Christians believe in this f*g hating, fire bringing, evildoer smiting God. That God is not very cool. I don't like their God. I chose to believe in a God that is kind, benevolent, but rarely interferes with humanity, at all.

~Bun Bun~
Sounds like you need someone who is closer to this situation...

I am legally blind. Not fully blind mind you. I can not drive, see any color and I am extreamly light sensitive. Now my vision is not correctable. No surgery nor any breaks throughs have come along for me quite yet. I have been through many camps and rehab schools during my life with others whom are blind or legally blind.

In my experienced opinion those who have been blind since birth or a very young age adapt the easiest. But the parents play a huge role in that. Please please if you ever have a child with an eye problem try and not shelter them. They need to know that they can do just about everything a sighted kid can do. I've seen sheltered kids who are blind and it's not healthy at all.

I don't agree that there is a high suicide rate with those whom have restored sight. The highest rate is with those who lost their sight from accidents.

With the many persons I've seen go through surgery to repair their sight, all but one had no change what so ever. The one that did is my best friend. She was fully blind in one eye and now she can see shadows and differences in light and dark areas.

This happends alot. Either nothing happens or theres a slight change.

But that hardly discourages many. As for me I'd be up for it, if anything were to come along for me. I quite enjoy my uh... more intune sense of touch and hearing. But I wouldn't be able to pass it up.

And if nothing ever comes along i'll be perfectly happy too. Theres alot of things I miss and that I'm glad I miss. Manly how rude people can be. Evil looks and gestures, I'd rather be oblivious than waste any kind of emotion in reaction to rude people.

(BTW sorry for any grammer or spelling mess ups, I know here in the GDF you guys can be sticklers lol)

P.s Please don't take your sight for granted. Or the ability to drive.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
I don't agree that there is a high suicide rate with those whom have restored sight. The highest rate is with those who lost their sight from accidents.

It's not really a matter of opinion you can agree with or disagree with. Years worth of statistics show a great number of people committing suicide after regaining their sight. The rate could be higher among people who lose their sight but that doesn't change anything.

inimalist
It's not really a matter of opinion you can agree with or disagree with. Years worth of statistics show a great number of people committing suicide after regaining their sight. The rate could be higher among people who lose their sight but that doesn't change anything.

?

it would show a powerful correlation between curing blindness and a lower suicide rate, at least in a population confined to those who lost their sight at some point I suppost

~Bun Bun~

I am aware that it is only my opinion. I was just saying those I've been around feel the oppisite of suicidal.

dadudemon
I need some psychological causality for these suicides after sight is restored.

A research paper would be nice.

inimalist
LOL

wut?

dadudemon
LOL

wut?

It seems people are saying that people with restored sight have higher suicide rates than the population average.

Why?

Edit - For example: Sight is restored to a person that lost sight or at least the ability to function with sight. That person commits suicide after sight is restored, and it was due to the restoration. Why? Somethinig bridges the gap between sight restoration and suicide...and it's psychological, obviously. What is it? Or, what are they?

inimalist
It seems people are saying that people with restored sight have higher suicide rates than the population average.

Why?

Edit - For example: Sight is restored to a person that lost sight or at least the ability to function with sight. That person commits suicide after sight is restored, and it was due to the restoration. Why? Somethinig bridges the gap between sight restoration and suicide...and it's psychological, obviously. What is it? Or, what are they?

smile it's more your word choice. "psychological causality" can only be determined through an experiment, whereas discerning the motives behind actual events would be like a form of psychological archeology.

and even if statistical correlations can be found, there are dozens of possible interpretations, not to mention that this assumes the nearly Victorian idea that there must be a "theory of suicide" in which we can explain how suicides happen, rather than the more relevant perspective that focuses on unique and similar contexts between people to discern why they performed any behaviour.

dadudemon
smile it's more your word choice. "psychological causality" can only be determined through an experiment, whereas discerning the motives behind actual events would be like a form of psychological archeology.

I was expecting an experiement, yes. Not a "survey", for sure.

It's easy to split apart the groups:

Restored Sight Not Suicide

Restored Sight Suicide

Control - Standard population without sight problems.

A person may try to commit suicde, but be unsuccessful. (But could have succeeded in even a slightly different environment, same method.)

Those would be used for comparative analysis. (Compare the findings with those that survived their attempt.)

I do know that there are ways ot measuring a person's state in a lab environment...meaning, it doesn't have to be a "pillow session" with their primary psychologist.

In other words, it doesn't have to be in investigation into those that have died, rather, it could be an investigation in those that live up till their deaths.

However, I suspect that the introduction into a "lab" situation might taint the "samples" and create too much of an awareness of a suicide potential...and produce results that are too close to population average.

and even if statistical correlations can be found, there are dozens of possible interpretations, not to mention that this assumes the nearly Victorian idea that there must be a "theory of suicide" in which we can explain how suicides happen, rather than the more relevant perspective that focuses on unique and similar contexts between people to discern why they performed any behaviour.

OMG. laughing

Yes, I'm fully aware that people are snowflakes.

That's why I corrected my self and posted:

"Somethinig bridges the gap between sight restoration and suicide...and it's psychological, obviously. What is it? Or, what are they?"

If there exists a statistical significance that exceeds the mean, there is/are reason/s for the significance and I want to know that/those reason/s.

If it is lots of reasons, there will be reasons more frequent than others. The top reasons could be isolated and mitigation techniques developed. Such as: having the Ophthalmologist meet with both the future patient and a suicide mental health professional, before the surgery, and discuss things. Then follow up 3-5 times after surgery, with the psychologist to see how they are doing. That frequency could be determined by the study: it could be once a week, once a month, it could be like a Fibonacci sequence up to having it 8 weeks apart.

I do know that indiviuals that get most of their stomach removed, have to see a mental health professional BEFORE the surgery, so I don't see there being a problem for the eye surgery as well.

It's just that, suicides post-op being higher than population average, seems very counterintuitive, so I have to know why or the whys.

ADarksideJedi
God does like people to be able to see and such why would he not?But when Scientist try to clone people and use aborted babies part for stem research that is when I draw the line.

Parmaniac
God does like people to be able to see and such why would he not? Then why does he take away ability to see from certain people?

inimalist
I was expecting an experiement, yes. Not a "survey", for sure.

It's easy to split apart the groups:

Restored Sight Not Suicide

Restored Sight Suicide

Control - Standard population without sight problems.

A person may try to commit suicde, but be unsuccessful. (But could have succeeded in even a slightly different environment, same method.)

Those would be used for comparative analysis. (Compare the findings with those that survived their attempt.)

I do know that there are ways ot measuring a person's state in a lab environment...meaning, it doesn't have to be a "pillow session" with their primary psychologist.

In other words, it doesn't have to be in investigation into those that have died, rather, it could be an investigation in those that live up till their deaths.

However, I suspect that the introduction into a "lab" situation might taint the "samples" and create too much of an awareness of a suicide potential...and produce results that are too close to population average.

OMG. laughing

Yes, I'm fully aware that people are snowflakes.

That's why I corrected my self and posted:

"Somethinig bridges the gap between sight restoration and suicide...and it's psychological, obviously. What is it? Or, what are they?"

If there exists a statistical significance that exceeds the mean, there is/are reason/s for the significance and I want to know that/those reason/s.

If it is lots of reasons, there will be reasons more frequent than others. The top reasons could be isolated and mitigation techniques developed. Such as: having the Ophthalmologist meet with both the future patient and a suicide mental health professional, before the surgery, and discuss things. Then follow up 3-5 times after surgery, with the psychologist to see how they are doing. That frequency could be determined by the study: it could be once a week, once a month, it could be like a Fibonacci sequence up to having it 8 weeks apart.

I do know that indiviuals that get most of their stomach removed, have to see a mental health professional BEFORE the surgery, so I don't see there being a problem for the eye surgery as well.

It's just that, suicides post-op being higher than population average, seems very counterintuitive, so I have to know why or the whys.

sure

ADarksideJedi
Who says that he takes it away?It just happens.

Symmetric Chaos
Who says that he takes it away?It just happens.

Then who says he gives it in the first place?

dadudemon
sure

K

Why?

It's pretty ****in simple dude. They'd forgotten how shitty the world looks and how fat everybody is, and once they were reminded they couldn't handle it.

lil bitchiness
Obviously they forgot how to ''see''.
Our brain is used to decoding things the way it does - we can tell a difference between a painting an something that is real life, those who's sight has been restored, cannot.
They cannot tell distance, cannot tell hight, cannot tell if something is a drawing or real life.

This takes training and rehabilitation. Perhaps some people are just unable to cope, or unable to re-adapt.

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Obviously they forgot how to ''see''.
Our brain is used to decoding things the way it does - we can tell a difference between a painting an something that is real life, those who's sight has been restored, cannot.
They cannot tell distance, cannot tell hight, cannot tell if something is a drawing or real life.

This takes training and rehabilitation. Perhaps some people are just unable to cope, or unable to re-adapt.

it's even more severe than that actually. for instance, if a kitten is raised in an environment where there are no horizontal lines, it never develops the ability to see them properly.

people blind from birth would be missing the neuro-architecture that even carries the signals from photons through the optic tract, to say nothing about the low level processing upon which depth perception and the like are based.

also, though less important, it is not your visual system that distinguishes between real and fake. in fact, tour visual system processes cartoon animation and reacts to it as if it were real, however, later and higher order processing can put the visual information in context. theoretically, this ability would still be functional in blind people, just any connections with the visual system would be minimal at best.

Robtard
Who in the hell would go and raise a kitten in an environment without horizontal lines?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Robtard
Who in the hell would go and raise a kitten in an environment without horizontal lines?

Ahahahah!

inimalist

scientists

I don't think we are allowed to do that anymore. there are awesome earlier studies that measured development it the kitten's eyes were forced shut, and how much recovery was seen if the eyes were opened at various developmental points.

we can quibble ethics all you want, but those studies man, nothing excites manlike neuroplasticity

Robtard
Can't they use career criminals/convicts or the homeless instead for these "studies".

Cats suck. So, I don't see the moral dilemma. Dogs are way better.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads14/ghetto+hyena1233935584.jpg

dadudemon
Can't they use career criminals/convicts or the homeless instead for these "studies".
Cruel and unusual punishment" is a protected from, in our constitution. It is a fundamental constitutional right to not be subjected to that type of "punishment." I'm under the belief that child-rapist-murderers certainly lost their constitutional rights, though.

I wouldn't put a murderer under a cat on the scale of those worthy of basic rights.

King Kandy
Cruel and unusual punishment" is a protected from, in our constitution. It is a fundamental constitutional right to not be subjected to that type of "punishment." I'm under the belief that child-rapist-murderers certainly lost their constitutional rights, though.
lol. If you can lose it it's not a right.

Robtard
I wouldn't put a murderer under a cat on the scale of those worthy of basic rights.

Your liberalism makes me sick.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
lol. If you can lose it it's not a right.

There are different types of rights. You're referring to constitutional rights, which are different than plain ol' rights.

Even then, you can lose certain constitutional rights. The right to vote, "bare arms", etc.

Call those "conditional rights." lol

I definitely would, especially considering that the cat lacks the ability to reason on the level of a human. "Rights" are a human construct that the cat doesn't understand. However, it is smart enough to know that they are in danger or being mutilated. Their "expression" of those feelings is different though.

Your liberalism makes me sick. Originally posted by dadudemon
There are different types of rights. You're referring to constitutional rights, which are different than plain ol' rights.

Even then, you can lose certain constitutional rights. The right to vote, "bare arms", etc.

Call those "conditional rights." lol

I definitely would, especially considering that the cat lacks the ability to reason on the level of a human. "Rights" are a human construct that the cat doesn't understand. However, it is smart enough to know that they are in danger or being mutilated. Their "expression" of those feelings is different though.

You guys misunderstand me. With the right supervision and mind altering drugs a murderer can be enslaved into at least giving back to society somehow, cleaning houses and trash off of the highway and shit. Cats on the other hand are like the most useless ****ing animals on the planet, who's only reasons for existing are to eat, sleep, shit and hate you. The only way they could actually serve anyone is by being used as test subjects!

Robtard
You guys misunderstand me. With the right supervision and mind altering drugs a murderer can be enslaved into at least giving back to society somehow, cleaning houses and trash off of the highway and shit. Cats on the other hand are like the most useless ****ing animals on the planet, who's only reasons for existing are to eat, sleep, shit and hate you. The only way they could actually serve anyone is by being used as test subjects!

Oh no, I undertand you crystal clear, you cat hater! *points* *gives middle finger* *points again*

People like you are the reason why the bubonic plague spread so far, so fast, so long and killed a 3rd of the Euro population.

Oh no, I undertand you crystal clear, you cat hater! *points* *gives middle finger* *points again*

People like you are the reason why the bubonic plague spread so far, so fast, so long and killed a 3rd of the Euro population.

That hurt my feelings. sad

Robtard
That hurt my feelings. sad

Hahahaa, what a card you are, black-people don't have feelings; everyone knows that.

I'm only kinda black, you bastard!

Robtard
I'm only kinda black, you bastard!

One-drop rule

Quiero Mota
One-drop rule

And don't forget the Three-Fifths Rule.

inimalist

no, the main thesis had to do with the plasticity of development, and somewhat addresses what I think is one of the most interesting questions in psychology, how plastic is plastic?

Adult brains are already connected. An environment without horizontal lines, sure, would cause changes in their visual cortex to be sure, but it doesn't tell us about how the brain develops in the first place. It needed to be on an infant animal to see how changing stimuli input changes the way the brain organizes itself

also, no need for "studies" in quotes. They were very empirically sound

Robtard

Can't forget that, good call.

Those greedy slave-owners wanted to not only keep black-slaves, but then insist they count as a whole person. What nonsense.

Quiero Mota
Can't forget that, good call.

Those greedy slave-owners wanted to not only keep black-slaves, but then insist they count as a whole person. What nonsense.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/BlackDixie.jpg

dadudemon
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/BlackDixie.jpg

That guy is actually nice and has his own logical reasons.

o8hPo6mYnks

He had a segment on Penn and Teller and got to speak his side. Sounded much better there.

Robtard
Can't watch it right now, but if he sounds/thinks anything like Uncle Ruckus, he's pure win.

dadudemon
Can't watch it right now, but if he sounds/thinks anything like Uncle Ruckus, he's pure win.

Not quite. He doesn't like the white beat down towards black people and the destruction of African American heritage.

Robtard
What a whiner.

That white BART cop who killed the black guy was found guilty.

Does it hurt Rob? Does it? 131

Robtard
That white BART cop who killed the black guy was found guilty.

Does it hurt Rob? Does it? 131

What are you planning on looting if/when the riots happen?

Wild Shadow
we got a coffee maker during the last one i was like 8 i think... rub tart are you brown?

What are you planning on looting if/when the riots happen?

Everything. Mostly women though.

ADarksideJedi
Then who says he gives it in the first place?

Well he gave sight to Adam and Eve and since then everyone has sights.Most things happen for a reason and that maybe why certain people become blind or need glasses or lens.

You think some people lose their sight for some kind of divine intervening reason?

ADarksideJedi
things happen so why not?I don't question God and his plans for other people.

Symmetric Chaos
Didn't you just say God doesn't take sight from people?

dadudemon
God doesn't take sight away from people: he just created the randomization pool through which probabilities are realized. Some people increase their probabilities or their progeny's probabilities of losing their sight and it makes the "probability" selection much smaller for the randomization pool to make a "hit" on. Others just damn unlucky with that pool.

Robtard
Didn't you just say God doesn't take sight from people?

Correct, God doesn't, with the exceptions of when God does.

It's all mysterious and beyond your/our level of comprehension, so best not to think about it and just believe.

Wild Shadow
you need to clap in order to believe or restrengthen him when you say he doesnt exist.

ADarksideJedi
yea but like I said things happen for a reason.

Robtard
yea but like I said things happen for a reason.

So there are deliberate reasons in babies being born with cancer?

dadudemon
So there are deliberate reasons in babies being born with cancer?

Some believe that.

Some believe that that baby had such a strong soul, before coming to the earth, that the only way for it to grow enough was to go through a much harder trial than other people.

The other side is: the baby already had a soul so good that coming to this earth/trial would not help them grow anymore. The baby was there to help the parents/family grow and mature.

The point of being here is not to experience only happiness. The point is to be tried and tested so we can grow, mature, and become more righteous so that we are more worthy of becoming more like our Heavenly Father.

Without this growth and maturity, we could not become more like him and, therefore, not be worthy to be with him anymore. With him, and like him, is true happiness.

Robtard
Or random shit happens; there's no willful driving force behind it.

Wild Shadow
has anyone just thought that god is real and he just has down syndrome?

explains a lot... he could just too naive

Robtard
No.

Mindship
Some believe that that baby had such a strong soul, before coming to the earth, that the only way for it to grow enough was to go through a much harder trial than other people.

The other side is: the baby already had a soul so good that coming to this earth/trial would not help them grow anymore. The baby was there to help the parents/family grow and mature. No pain, no gain.

King Kandy
Such a fun rule. And we still have the stupid electoral college as last remains.

Parmaniac
yea but like I said things happen for a reason. Then you could say there's also a reason that scientist find ways to cure diseases.

ADarksideJedi
true but not in the way that they are using dead aborted babies on doing that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.