Captain America the Athlete

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Denny Crane
Captain America gets dumped into one of the two teams in the final game of each major sport.

1- Basketball (Celtics vs Lakers)
2-Baseball (Yankees vs Phillies)
3- Football (Saints vs Colts)
4- Soccer (USA vs Brazil) Dare to dream
5- Hockey (USA vs Russia) Miracle on ice

Cap doesn't have any practice in the sport unless otherwise stated in a comic.

Which sport could Cap own the most at the highest level. Just his stats (adv stamina, strenght, badassness)

I guess this is Cap vs Real Life

Trackz
probably baseball..he'd own in anyone of them so long as his teammates dont get in his way haha

Darth Martin
Football. Hitting is allowed, he's already faster, stronger, etc. than everyone on the field by ALOT.

Baseball would be the worst because a player can't dominate as much for obvious reasons.

Wild Shadow
no, but he never miss the ball and always be a home run and anyone he hits with the ball or tries to catch is going to be in a world of hurt...

he probably suck the worst in basket ball depending in his drippling rhythm but he would still dominate..

celeyhyga17
he would pwn all. he'll be mvp every year and prolly lead most if not almost all the statistical categories.

Denny Crane
First of all, he wouldn't hit shit in baseball. If theres one game that physical ability and performance have nothing to do with each other its baseball. Remember guys, babe ruth had a beer belly.

I think that baseball and basketball would be last. Then hockey, followed by soccer in second place and Football would win.

I'm guessing he could just outrun the entire defensive line. Soccer for the stamina and speed, although not having kicked a ball around is certainly a detriment.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Denny Crane
First of all, he wouldn't hit shit in baseball. If theres one game that physical ability and performance have nothing to do with each other its baseball. Remember guys, babe ruth had a beer belly.

I think that baseball and basketball would be last. Then hockey, followed by soccer in second place and Football would win.

I'm guessing he could just outrun the entire defensive line. Soccer for the stamina and speed, although not having kicked a ball around is certainly a detriment.

He can see and track bullets after they are fired. Do you think he is going to have trouble hitting a 100mph fast ball. Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

marwash22
lol. Football.

He'd dominate. It would be like playing Madden when my brother maxes out all the stats.

Denny Crane
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He can see and track bullets after they are fired. Do you think he is going to have trouble hitting a 100mph fast ball. Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

There's more than seeing the ball, theres proper technique and just knowing when its a fastball and when its a submarine. You know, the fundamentals and stuff

Warlord
Football.
Also I thumb up this thread for the lols

marwash22
a peak human > split finger fastball.

marwash22
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no, but he never miss the ball and always be a home run and anyone he hits with the ball or tries to catch is going to be in a world of hurt... yeah, and after he hits 150 homers before the allstar game, he'll get tested for HGH and find himself in front of a grand jury.

Lord Feron
Basketball - bastard prob be able to shoot from anywhere on the court and I mean anywhere.

2-Baseball (Yankees vs Phillies) - Never miss a hit, and is always a homerun. The man can prob cover the whole outfield by himself.

3- Football (Saints vs Colts) - give steve the ball he be dodging jumping over people or straight up run right through them. LOL, he just be quarter back and just run it in every play.

4- Soccer (USA vs Brazil) Dare to dream - He won't have the skills but he be fast enough to run pas everyone hit the ball hard enough goalies can't catch and if they try athey prob get launched into the goal with the ball.

5- Hockey (USA vs Russia) Miracle on ice - Yeha idk about this one. I'm sure he iceskated before but if not it would take him a period to learn how to master the sport then continue to plow through everyone and shoot the puck right through the goalie.

Bentley
To those who are dissing Cap at beisbol, let's not forget Steve has played the sport all his life so he has the most experience. Sure, Steve would do better at american rugby (that's right, I went there evil face ), but the armor would probably get in his way.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by marwash22
lol. Football.

He'd dominate. It would be like playing Madden when my brother maxes out all the stats. Exactly.

Baseball I'm sure Steve knows how to play but he wouldn't dominate as much. There are long stretches where he wouldn't even be on the field. If you think that way then he might dominate in the basketball game outrunning and outjumping everyone on the court.

But if, in the NFL, they allowed Steve to play both offense and defense he'd utterly dominate.

bwahahaha
dur

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Exactly.

Baseball I'm sure Steve knows how to play but he wouldn't dominate as much. There are long stretches where he wouldn't even be on the field. If you think that way then he might dominate in the basketball game outrunning and outjumping everyone on the court.

But if, in the NFL, they allowed Steve to play both offense and defense he'd utterly dominate.

wait steve could be pitcher and just strike everyone out.

Darth Martin
That takes a great deal of skill and practice. Any feats that Steve can pitch? I'm just saying we already know he can catch and throw, so I think the NFL would be the best choice by far.

Like soccer, he can outrun everybody easily but does he know how to handle a ball with his feet?

FOOM
It's true that baseball does not breed athletes and that even a fat man can be great at it, but being a great athlete would elevate any player's level of play. As mentioned Steve can hit anything and direct it anywhere; and no doubt he has the most experience at baseball since it is America's past-time... as American as apple pie.
He would be equally great at basketball and football and likely be MVP ; but even so, since those sports are filled with great athletes he would stand out a little more in baseball.
The greater foot control required to be an expert in soccer would take little longer to master ( for Steve, atleast an hour).
Hockey requires the greatest array of skills - not that it is in anyway a better sport than the others, but skating alone has many facets to it at the NHL or Olympic level. Stick-handling is comparable to the controlling a soccer ball, but, with a stick on ice, it takes even more time dedicated to its perfection. Of course, Steve will eventually be great at these things too, but dumped into the final game of the sport - that's asking a bit much, even of Steve.

P.S. Interesting idea for a thread thumb up

Darth Martin
Also, which team would Steve be on in the NBA Finals match-up?

Lord Feron
That takes a great deal of skill and practice. Any feats that Steve can pitch? I'm just saying we already know he can catch and throw, so I think the NFL would be the best choice by far.

Like soccer, he can outrun everybody easily but does he know how to handle a ball with his feet?

Cap learns matrial arts in hours what martial arts masters takes a life time. Cap learns faster and adapts to his foes very quick.

Lord Feron
Also, which team would Steve be on in the NBA Finals match-up?
Celtics!! so he can One Shot kobe!

Daredevil1
Captain America gets dumped into one of the two teams in the final game of each major sport.

1- Basketball (Celtics vs Lakers)
2-Baseball (Yankees vs Phillies)
3- Football (Saints vs Colts)
4- Soccer (USA vs Brazil) Dare to dream
5- Hockey (USA vs Russia) Miracle on ice

Cap doesn't have any practice in the sport unless otherwise stated in a comic.

Which sport could Cap own the most at the highest level. Just his stats (adv stamina, strenght, badassness)

I guess this is Cap vs Real Life

This would literally be unfair to any team. Cap has ran 1 mile in almost a minute, to super stamina, enhanced strength, speed, durability. Real life people would literally look sloppy and like a statue to him.

Black bolt z
Put cap on the packers.He'll be able to just run faster then everyone if he chooses to run it.Can throw faster and more accurately then any human,and can just plain charge through some people.

Baseball is a close second due to his reaction time and he could throw the ball so fast no one ever hits it.

marwash22
^ which is why Football is the answer here. Football takes the least amount of practice; the rest of the sports have rules that would make it difficult for Cap to use his physical advantages.

Anyone here watch 'Smallville'? Remember when Clark was playing football... it would be essentially the same for Cap. You can put Cap in the Wildcat formation and he would literally be unstoppable, like Mike Vick times a hundred. His escapability in the pocket coupled with his arm... we're talking about automatic hall of famer. All the other sports, he'd make the hall of fame as well, but the point of this is picking the one he could dominate right away with the least amount of effort.

EDIT: phuck the Packers, Cap would obviously play for DaBEARS!

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Celtics!! so he can One Shot kobe! Kobe would still be the most skilled player on the floor.

r0nm0n88
common these sport all take years of training, and massive amounts of skill. cap isnt skilled enough in any of these games to be an influence. you cant just start playing basketballl or hockey or any of these sports for that matter and expect to play with the pros. these are the best of the best.

yeh he be the strongest fastest most agile guy out there. but he wouldnt know what he was doing.

he be that kid you play basketball with who so athletic but sucks.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
common these sport all take years of training, and massive amounts of skill. cap isnt skilled enough in any of these games to be an influence. you cant just start playing basketballl or hockey or any of these sports for that matter and expect to play with the pros. these are the best of the best.

yeh he be the strongest fastest most agile guy out there. but he wouldnt know what he was doing.

he be that kid you play basketball with who so athletic but sucks. But hes cap.Do you really think captain america is going to suck at something like basketball,football,or baseball?All simple with simple rules and hes probably the smartest and best player on the field.

srankmissingnin
There's more than seeing the ball, theres proper technique and just knowing when its a fastball and when its a submarine. You know, the fundamentals and stuff

Relatively speaking the ball would be moving in slow motion. It would be like playing t-ball to Steve and him hitting the ball would be like shooting it out of a cannon.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by r0nm0n88

he be that kid you play basketball with who so athletic but sucks.

lol

You could pass Cap the ball and he would sink if from any position, anywhere on the court, likely without looking.

Denny Crane
Yeah cause pro ball is just about shooting the ball. Cap wouldn't know his teamates, he wouldn't know how to pick and roll, he wouldn't know how to stick a guy and hed get trounced by guys like steve nash. Seeing where the ball is doesn't mean squat if you don't know where its going.

Stick to football where its just take the ball and run

iceman24567
Why would he need to know his teams and all that other rubbish? He's so much faster and stronger it hardly matters

Darth Martin
He'd get called for alot of charges the way Boston flopped in the Finals.

iceman24567
Cap would just jump over them Ala VC

Darth Martin
And would get called for a charge.

iceman24567
Lakers got alot of bs calls too honestly they called too many fouls instead of letting them play. The tech on Perkins was the worst call of the series no expression

Darth Martin
Perkins never got called for a technical foul in the series. If he did you wouldn't see him on the floor anymore. He was one tech away from being suspended a game.

iceman24567
He did get teched it was overturned though

Darth Martin
What game?

iceman24567
Actually it was game 5 of the magic series

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Why would he need to know his teams and all that other rubbish? He's so much faster and stronger it hardly matters

Seriously.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no, but he never miss the ball and always be a home run and anyone he hits with the ball or tries to catch is going to be in a world of hurt...

he probably suck the worst in basket ball depending in his drippling rhythm but he would still dominate..

Steve played B-ball w/ Tony before Civil War arc kicked in.

lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Actually it was game 5 of the magic series Thought so.

twizzlers713
i think he'd dominate all of them. he'd be the perfect hockey goalie. he can obviously run over people in football. basketball he can drive to the hoop and dunk from the 3point line. baseball... i'd walk him every time. soccer he'd be a perfect goalie or any position as well.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He can see and track bullets after they are fired. Do you think he is going to have trouble hitting a 100mph fast ball. Seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? he'd probably wind up like he was going to split the ball in two, then pull a bunt at the last second....and still get an in the park homerun

rotiart
Baseball. Steve as pitcher. His shield has stopped a semi truck coming straight a t him. Gone throw a trailer of a semi when thrown. And he took out a rocket already flying away from him with a toss of his shield... Boone is touching a Rogers fastball...

Football Steve would playing running back position. Imagine Chris Johnson from the titans with steves abilities an stats... You'd never stop him

Basketball is harder for Steve not only becaus of his height as he wo

Denny Crane
Cause throwing a shield and a baseball is the same thing. The aerodinamics, the purpose, straight lines vs curves.

just like a qb cant just be a pitcher just like that.

Darth Martin
Agreed. Cap may know baseball as good as anyone. Doesn't mean he's a MLB pitcher. Same goes with basketball; saying things like he'd hit a shot from anywhere on the court with one hand tied behind the back, not looking is ludicrous.

He dominates football.

twizzlers713
he's not going to be a 3 point shooter. he's going to drive to the hoop every posession, jumping over people and dunking every time

marwash22
Originally posted by twizzlers713
he's not going to be a 3 point shooter. he's going to drive to the hoop every posession, jumping over people and dunking every time it works for LeBron.

twizzlers713
Originally posted by marwash22
it works for LeBron.
lol occasionally lebron makes a jumper

iceman24567
Originally posted by twizzlers713
he's not going to be a 3 point shooter. he's going to drive to the hoop every posession, jumping over people and dunking every time He could do that everytime and steal the ball whenever he feels like it

rotiart
I don't know If you guys get the fact that growing a shield isn't like throwing a ball but he's several tiers stronger and faster than any baseball sportsman and a novice with a strong arm is still throwing a good fastball. But a guy beyond peak olympic body type is still throwing faster than well trained but "weak" professional.

Denny Crane
You can't just say that a guy with greater physical stats will throw a baseball better when doing so has nothing to do with physical stats. Look at strausburg. The guy's arm motion is so natural he has almost no fatigue. Thats how he has a sick changeup. His fastball ****ing moves. Its not because he can benchpress a ton. Its because hes years of nats dissapointment cashed in.

h1a8
Football. Hitting is allowed, he's already faster, stronger, etc. than everyone on the field by ALOT.

Baseball would be the worst because a player can't dominate as much for obvious reasons.

Basketball would be the worst since Cap may not even be able to dribble while moving.

Baseball would be the easiest (hitting and pitching). His reflexes are nearly bulletspeed (he would hit a homer everytime) and can throw objects greater than 200mph with pin point accuracy.

He would strike everyone out.

football he couldn't dominate so much since the entire team would focus on him, thus letting the other players kill. but the team will win everytime.

Silent Master
I seem to recall an issue of West Coast Avengers that started with them playing baseball against the Avengers.

I believe Cap was on third and Simon was pitching to Thor.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
and can throw objects greater than 200mph with pin point accuracy.
catchers wouldn't dig that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.