Who is your favorite Black Flag singer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Hopefully this will get a response or at least won't turn into a Henry Rollins bashing thread.

Personally, for me it's a tie between Henry and Keith because they're almost like two different bands to me.

Selphie
I really dig Rollins and Dez.

My War is my favorite Black Flag album, but my favorite by them is song is Six Pack.

But I enjoy a taste of each singer from occasion to occasion.

Each singer gives the band a little different feel.

Darth Jello
I think I still side with Keith because Nervous Breakdown really was the best Black Flag record even if Rise Above was maybe their best song. Henry definitely got to be a better singer but Black Flag definitely got worse post-'84 primarily because of Greg Ginn. For some asstard reason he thinks solid state sounds better than valve amps and since then, their guitar sound has been an unbearably shitty mess. For some reason that really colors the sound for me. Dez sounds almost identical to Henry to me though Henry was definitely imitating him pm TV Party and Damaged (listen to the SOA record and you'll hear that). Ron just has no character and was the biggest, most vindictive dickbag of an ex-punker who wasn't in the Dead Kennedys (especially East Bay Ray and 6025)

Selphie
yeah, I can't stand much of their later stuff

just not very punk at all....

Slay
I'd either go with Keith or Henry as well. Mainly because the only Black Flag records I liked were the Nervous Breakdown EP and Damaged. Fix Me is still my favourite Black Flag song and because Damaged was a hit and miss album in my opinion, I'll go for Keith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.