Marvel's Newest Cosmic Event - The Chaos War!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/hercules-leads-an-all-new-god-squad-in-marvels-chaos-war/

A new God Squad made up of Thor, Galactus, Sersi, Silver Silver Surfer, Venus and Hercules? Awesome.

Unfortunately it's being written by Greg Pak and we all know how he handles Cosmic beings and Gods.

On an even better note, the Hulk and his family are included as well.

Expect to see the Hulk outperforming Galactus, the Silver Surfer, *insert favorite hero* in late 2010.

What an incredibly cheezy and/or lazy name by the way. I mean seriously, the "Chaos King"?

marwash22
i saw this featured on fresh ink, it looks to be epic.

What has Greg phucked up? I liked his run on the Hulk titles.

Martian_mind
Dammit Marwash, when I read that you liked PG more then Wonder Woman I was like, "Damn, there's a guy with taste!" then you have to go and say something like that.

Prof. Wagstaff
Marty. Settle down.

Warlord
hmmm Pak writing a cosmic event with the hulks included?
Yaeh I can see the green dudes showing the tribunal who's the stronger there is and stuff...

Juk3n
More Galactus is never a bad thing, but if i see any mention to how 'Hulks strngth rivals Galactus' own' or any such fanwank cheese writing, i'll probably burn the series.
Cosmics im happy about, but i just don't want to see Hulk save they day, where Thor or Surfer have failed facepalm.

dmills
@Juken,
Ah, Look who's writing it. Prepare to be disappointed. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Fred Van Lente is pretty good.

Bentley
Hey wait a sec I thought Sersi ended up dead in the last Eternals event? Maybe I skipped a page or something.

Mindship
Galactus should not be involved, or involved only peripherally. The more frequently he pops up in stuff, the less awesome he comes across, IMO.

Blanket
This is the worst idea since being too OT in the OTT.

TheTyrant
So, they're pairing up GALACTUS with a bunch of herald level characters?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by TheTyrant
So, they're pairing up GALACTUS with a bunch of herald level characters?

I would totally buy it though. Galactus + Herc = win

Omega Vision
^Why are you having a conversation with yourself?

Kazenji
He's gone crazy...better call the nut house.

guy222
Sersi was with the Fulcrum

Amatsu-Mikaboshi is the bad guy

Rage.Of.Olympus

Bentley
Who do you think is the character coming back?

dmills
So this will start while Thanos Imperative is still going on? Talk about pissing on each others feet.

Bentley
Surfer and Galactus can fight two multiversal enemies at the same time, they're that good wink

Harbinger
So, they're pairing up GALACTUS with a bunch of herald level characters? Was thinking the same thing myself. WTF?

dmills
Reading the premise, it looks like they were, heavily "inspired" by Annihilation. Do they even try at Marvel anymore?

I'll probably just pick up the trades.

Gecko4lif
I find myself wary of this

and isnt surfer already in galaxies mightiest heroes?

dmills
Yep. But hell, they don't care, just look at their team books. They were leaving DnA alone to do their own thing with the cosmic stuff. But now they're "borrowing" Nova for Avengers crap. Ugh.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I can't wait to see Mikaboshi stomp Galactus.

oooo i hope it happens too thumb up

Bouboumaster

I can't wait to see Mikaboshi stomp Galactus.

If it ever happens, I think I'll cry.

Warlord
Originally posted by dmills
Yep. But hell, they don't care, just look at their team books. They were leaving DnA alone to do their own thing with the cosmic stuff. But now they're "borrowing" Nova for Avengers crap. Ugh.

why nova in avengers is shit?

Naija boy
Galactus on a TEAM with earth heroes. Thats all we need to know that this is gonna be crap. They should just leave the Big G alone, he is getting enough play in Thanos imperative. This Chaos war nonsense is not needed.

dmills
Originally posted by Warlord
why nova in avengers is shit? I love Bru and it's no knock on him. I just don't want to see the quality of the cosmic Marvel universe pissed on for the sake of sales/Popularity.

dmills
I love Bru and it's no knock on him. I just don't want to see the quality of the cosmic Marvel universe pissed on for the sake of sales/Popularity. Exactly. At least let the damned Thanos Imperative play out first.

dmills
Originally posted by Naija boy
Galactus on a TEAM with earth heroes. Thats all we need to know that this is gonna be crap. They should just leave the Big G alone, he is getting enough play in Thanos imperative. This Chaos war nonsense is not needed. Exactly. At least let the damned Thanos Imperative play out first.

Bentley
Exactly. At least let the damned Thanos Imperative play out first.

You quoted yourself big grin

I don't really see how putting Nova in an Avengers book is a bad thing, it will help to give the character more exposure so people can get into his ongoing and Marvel cosmics will be healthier than ever.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley
You quoted yourself big grin

I don't really see how putting Nova in an Avengers book is a bad thing, it will help to give the character more exposure so people can get into his ongoing and Marvel cosmics will be healthier than ever. We'll see. But we all know that that can be both a blessing and a curse. Ppl don't like having shyte shoved down their throats. Unless it's good shyte stick out tongue.

Omega Vision
Galactus on a TEAM with earth heroes. Thats all we need to know that this is gonna be crap. They should just leave the Big G alone, he is getting enough play in Thanos imperative. This Chaos war nonsense is not needed.
Its not as stupid as in Marvel: The End where Captain America was summoned to fight Thanos with the HOTU...still pretty stupid though.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Its not as stupid as in Marvel: The End where Captain America was summoned to fight Thanos with the HOTU...still pretty stupid though. Everyone jobs to America!

Even the source wall.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Heh.

Hulk's going to outperform Surfer and Galactus is going to exclaim how his never seen such infinite power or some shit. He then goes on to get stomped Atum style.

Now you'll feel my pain.

dmills
^^^ laughing And you just know that some combination of bullshit like that will happen.

But you'll be feeling the pain first my friend if what you and I discussed actually happens wink.

Warlord
Its not as stupid as in Marvel: The End where Captain America was summoned to fight Thanos with the HOTU...still pretty stupid though.

cap is Marvel's supes. just replace the star with an S

Warlord
We'll see. But we all know that that can be both a blessing and a curse. Ppl don't like having shyte shoved down their throats. Unless it's good shyte stick out tongue.

I think it's ok...Avengers teams are ther to fight cosmic scale events and nova is a great character to have in a team like that

Rage.Of.Olympus

Naija boy

that will remain lolworthy for ever

sad....and surfer has been having such a good run for the past few years to. What i really dont understand is how/why Mikabos being promoted from skyfather level to abstract.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sad....and surfer has been having such a good run for the past few years to. What i really dont understand is how/why Mikabos being promoted from skyfather level to abstract.

Yea. Surfer's pretty lucky he hasn't run into Thor yet.

He wasn't. Skyfather's are just closer to Abstracts than you think. Odin and Galactus? Equals. ohhh

WhiteWitchKing
that will remain lolworthy for ever

Because Mikaboshi isn't a skyfather. He isn't some evil force. Mikaboshi is the void that existed before everything including the gods. Pak seems to be refining his origin to reflect the actual mythology of Amatsu-Mikaboshi. This Mikaboshi will exist even prior to Galan and his previous universe.

dmills
It's the "I'm interested to see the reaction when it rolls out" part that got my attention. IMO it only makes sense if some sort of controversy is involved, i.e. Thor pwned.

dmills
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Because Mikaboshi isn't a skyfather. He isn't some evil force. Mikaboshi is the void that existed before everything including the gods. Pak seems to be refining his origin to reflect the actual mythology of Amatsu-Mikaboshi. This Mikaboshi will exist even prior to Galan and his previous universe. Hmm. Seems to be quite a few of these "pre Galactus dark void" guys running around. The Secret Avengers are trying to stop another one from rising.

Warlord
Because Mikaboshi isn't a skyfather. He isn't some evil force. Mikaboshi is the void that existed before everything including the gods. Pak seems to be refining his origin to reflect the actual mythology of Amatsu-Mikaboshi. This Mikaboshi will exist even prior to Galan and his previous universe.

what you describe seems to be the bad guy in the secret avengers book...let's wait and see...

Warlord
Hmm. Seems to be quite a few of these "pre Galactus dark void" guys running around. The Secret Avengers are trying to stop another one from rising.

ah you said it first...

Bouboumaster

He wasn't. Skyfather's are just closer to Abstracts than you think. Odin and Galactus? Equals. ohhh

Since when?

The Nuul
So, with Pak we'll see Galactus jobbing and on herald level. While Herc and Hulk are cosmics levels.

Naija boy
Yea. Surfer's pretty lucky he hasn't run into Thor yet.

Heh, with Thors current run of form(lol) he better hope that he and Surfer dont faceoff or he will get the BRB treatment.

TheTyrant
Can't wait to see Galactus kick Mikaboshi's ass.

WhiteWitchKing
Can't wait to see Galactus kick Mikaboshi's ass.

Kinda like when the Demogorge kicked the skrull gods' ass huh?

Bentley
Maybe Galactus will just play the "I face the abstract you face the physical" as in the Thanos Imperative complex. I would buy that.

Where the hell is Stardust?

roughrider

That was Jim Starlin sh*tting the bed on his way out the door at Marvel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
Stay tune for next year when Galactus becomes the newest member of Heroes for Hire. ha-som

Warlord
you say it as it is a bad thing...don't JSA have the Spectre? sneer

or used to have

Omega Vision
you say it as it is a bad thing...don't JSA have the Spectre? sneer

or used to have
Spectre being part of what was at the time the most powerful Superhero team in comics wouldn't be the same as Galactus joining a team that usually deals with streetlevel or low meta threats. Almost as bad, but not the same. stick out tongue

Bentley
Wait for Luke ordering Eternity around in New Avengers.

Omega Vision
Wait for Luke ordering Eternity around in New Avengers.
Eternity already engaged Hank Pym in H/H.

Bentley
Yeah, but Pym is crazy (hence Ultron).

Warlord
Spectre being part of what was at the time the most powerful Superhero team in comics wouldn't be the same as Galactus joining a team that usually deals with streetlevel or low meta threats. Almost as bad, but not the same. stick out tongue

the principle is the same man... cool

Warlord
as an old avengers fan the below almost brought tears to my eyes....
http://marvel.com/news/all.13635.chaos_war~colon~_dead_avengers

happy

Bentley
They should have a "dead character" Avegers title.

dmills
Heh.

Hulk's going to outperform Surfer and Galactus is going to exclaim how his never seen such infinite power or some shit. He then goes on to get stomped Atum style.

Now you'll feel my pain. If it makes you feel any better, Nova will be in Hulks next month. Pak will prolly have him get chumped.

-K-M-
Weeee....Alpha Flight is returning.

vansonbee
If it makes you feel any better, Nova will be in Hulks next month. Pak will prolly have him get chumped. happy

OneDumbG0
The plot of Chaos War sounds almost exactly like Blackest Night. Only... there's no colorful-Skittles-taste-the-rainbow action.

Bouboumaster
I call it: They will do something godawful to Galactus. Again.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I call it: They will do something godawful to Galactus. Again.

well not just big G. This is written by Pak so for sure we will see the likes of Thor jobbed out to the herald of the emissary of the vanguard of one of the slave gods under Miko's control.

Yay! I've always wanted to see Galactus as a member of a team. His persoanlity makes for some very interesting dynamics with this crowd.

Cartesian Doubt
The more I hear about this more its sounds like Marvels Answer to Blackest night.

Dan Diddio : Woah this re-animated dead concept, D.C. are running with sounds really cool.

Brian Bendis; Yes it does,

Jeph Loeb; Why don't we do something similar with Marvel ?

Dan Diddio; wouldn't that be a little , well ... unoriginal and pathetic ?

Brian Bendis; Maybe, but who cares ... Its an event, and we know how little quality we have to expend on those. And didn't Mark get away with blatant plagiarism, in Civil War ?

Mark Millar; I like it when things go BANNNNNGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!

Bendis; Ok ... confused . but Mark we all know that was basically a piss poor pre-equal to King dome Come?!

Dan Didio: and it made US shit load of money.

Mark Millar; I love it when SHIT explodes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeph Loeb; Well Brian, has done the last couple retarded events, and Im busy raping the Ultimates .... and well Mark wants to write that "What If Jesus was really Hitler, and the holocaust was his way of getting revenge on the jews" book.

Mark Millar; and then his ball sack EXPLODES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Didio; Shut up Mark ... Don't make me call Grant Morrison !

Jeph Loeb; What about, Ed, Warren, Hickman or Fraction.

Dan Didio; Nah, we only make them do work they actually want to write, without some method of blackmail. Sorry about those photos Brian ....

Brian Bendis;Its ok ... What about that other guy writing the Hulk books, with you Jeph ?

Jeph Loeb; You mean the guy who wrote that God awful, Hulk event ?

Dan Didio; He's Perfect !!!!!

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mindship
Galactus should not be involved, or involved only peripherally. The more frequently he pops up in stuff, the less awesome he comes across, IMO.

Galactus involved make sense if you think about it, if Galactus is killed his death will bring the destroyer Abraxas. since Mikaboshi wants to end everything it makes perfect since to have Galactus involved. Miksboshi during the story has total control over the dead basically he has taken out Hades, Hela all the death Gods and there realm, in the previews we see Alpha Flight return, Fallen Avengers, Abomination, Ares, and maybe the return of Atom the God Eater and Kly'bn and Sl'gur't, etc.

This could be better than Blackest Night, wait and see.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
The more I hear about this more its sounds like Marvels Answer to Blackest night.

Dan Diddio : Woah this re-animated dead concept, D.C. are running with sounds really cool.

Brian Bendis; Maybe, but who cares ... Its an event, and we know how little quality we have to expend on those. And didn't Mark get away with blatant plagiarism, in Civil War ?

Bendis; Ok ... confused . but Mark we all know that was basically a piss poor pre-equal to King dome Come?!

Jeph Loeb; Well Brian, has done the last couple retarded events, and Im busy raping the Ultimates .... and well Mark wants to write that "What If Jesus was really Hitler, and the holocaust was his way of getting revenge on the jews" book.

Dan Didio; Nah, we only make them do work they actually want to write, without some method of blackmail. Sorry about those photos Brian ....

Brian Bendis;Its ok ... What about that other guy writing the Hulk books, with you Jeph ?

So not only are they copying stuff from DC, but Marvel decided to turn Joe Quesada into Dan Didio too? That's f#cken stupid.

Cartesian Doubt
So not only are they copying stuff from DC, but Marvel decided to turn Joe Quesada into Dan Didio too? That's f#cken stupid.

Yeah that is a massive faux pas, from my end. embarrasment

Stoic
Sounds good.

GGS
Will the Beyonder or any cosmic cubes turn up?

vansonbee
Originally posted by GGS
Will the Beyonder or any cosmic cubes turn up? No articles or writers stated so far.

the Darkone
This are the people I think will return after Chaos War is done, to stay

Alpha Flight
Ares
Abomination
Night Crawler
Zeus and Hera
Odin
Atum The God Eater
the Fallen Asgardians
Loki
The Sentry w/o void
Sabertooth
Omega Red
banshee
Corsair
the Grey Family

etc

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not sure why people are so worried about Pak writing this. The God Squad during Secret Invasion was a good read.

Stoic
Originally posted by the Darkone
This are the people I think will return after Chaos War is done, to stay

Alpha Flight
Ares
Abomination
Night Crawler
Zeus and Hera
Odin
Atum The God Eater
the Fallen Asgardians
Loki
The Sentry w/o void
Sabertooth
Omega Red
banshee
Corsair
the Grey Family

etc

Not to tick anyone off but a lot of those guys are bums, and should stay dead.

the Darkone
Odin
Zues
Atum the God Eater
etc

are bums, okay blink.

amnesia
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Dammit Marwash, when I read that you liked PG more then Wonder Woman I was like, "Damn, there's a guy with taste!" then you have to go and say something like that.

His Hercules run was great no expression

amnesia
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt

But then again, blackest night was pure shit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You and Greg identify the Olympians using epithets common to them. Zeus Panhellenios--Zeus of all the Greeks. Athena Parthenos--Athena the Virgin. What's Hercules epithet? Since he's (for now) King of the Gods, does he get one?

"Panhellenios" could just as readily be Herc's title too. Although it would be a little reductive, since he is now way more powerful than Zeus ever was. My preference is to refer to him as "God of Heroes," a mantle he long technically, but now literally, embodies.

Damn, Hercules is nearly Odin level.

Bentley
Now Herc is Marvel Superman eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
According to Snider, that's Hulk. Thor's Marvel's Wonder Woman apparently.

Man, Thor is going to get his shit pushed in by Hercules so hard. Hercules is Pak's new pet and their going at it in the first issue of Chaos War.

Can't Pak just stop using Thor in his stories? Is that so much to ask?

psycho gundam
sounds like shit

let me know if hulk trolls the series by showing up herculese's punk ass

jalek moye
meh. I liked Herc's normal powerlevel him being Odin level or above is pretty lame to me.

amnesia
Agreed. Why the **** is Thor depowered when he gets a freaking movie?

Warlord
this "depowered" shit must stop

vansonbee
Thor getting depower during this arc? confused

or

did you mean Thor standing next to Hercules, it seem to make Thor look depower and how gay he is?

Originally posted by jalek moye
meh. I liked Herc's normal powerlevel him being Odin level or above is pretty lame to me. thumb up

Warlord
people think Thor is mysteriously depowered these days...
how do they get there I don't know

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
well not just big G. This is written by Pak so for sure we will see the likes of Thor jobbed out to the herald of the emissary of the vanguard of one of the slave gods under Miko's control. alot of those slave gods are skyfather level and above

Colossus-Big C
You and Greg identify the Olympians using epithets common to them. Zeus Panhellenios--Zeus of all the Greeks. Athena Parthenos--Athena the Virgin. What's Hercules epithet? Since he's (for now) King of the Gods, does he get one?

"Panhellenios" could just as readily be Herc's title too. Although it would be a little reductive, since he is now way more powerful than Zeus ever was. My preference is to refer to him as "God of Heroes," a mantle he long technically, but now literally, embodies.

Damn, Hercules is nearly Odin level. lol, hes far more powerful than odin too

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
lol, hes far more powerful than odin too

If he is i will go back in time and assassinate Stan Lee before he creates Hercules.

DEAD FCKING SERIOUS

DarkOdin
Great when Thor first became a skyfather his sense to protect got overwhelmed from his power and him became a dictator.

Hercules being himself must likely will turn the world in to a giant drunkin orgy sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Great when Thor first became a skyfather his sense to protect got overwhelmed from his power and him became a dictator.

During Reigning, you do realize Thor wasn't whole? Odin split Thor like in half. The part of him that offers perspective and understands humanity was separated in the form of Jake Olsen.

Same could happen with Superman. During Waid's run when Clark Kent and Superman were separated, you could soon see the difference in Superman's behavior. He became cold, started calling himself Kal-El, and began wearing Kryptonian attire. Sooner or later, he'd go on to take over the Earth or something.

ankur29
Thor's Marvel's Wonder Woman apparently.

laughing sounds about right

Kazenji
Originally posted by amnesia
Agreed. Why the **** is Thor depowered when he gets a freaking movie?

Whats that got to do with making a movie??

amnesia
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats that got to do with making a movie??

Because popularity. People like it when their favorite characters are powerfulsmile

Kazenji
But theres all the old stories before all the current stuff no doubt which they're using for the movie.

amnesia
Originally posted by Kazenji
But theres all the old stories before all the current stuff no doubt which they're using for the movie.

Agreed. Still have low expectations for the movie though.

Warlord
Because popularity. People like it when their favorite characters are powerfulsmile

they should read Thor 614 then

SuperMan103
is galactus gonna go herald my rage on mikaboshi?

DarkOdin
During Reigning, you do realize Thor wasn't whole? Odin split Thor like in half. The part of him that offers perspective and understands humanity was separated in the form of Jake Olsen.

Same could happen with Superman. During Waid's run when Clark Kent and Superman were separated, you could soon see the difference in Superman's behavior. He became cold, started calling himself Kal-El, and began wearing Kryptonian attire. Sooner or later, he'd go on to take over the Earth or something. You do realise it was a joke now laugh mad

Kazenji
Agreed. Still have low expectations for the movie though.

Besides the fact Kenneth Branagh grew up reading the Thor comics and i think even to this day

personally i think its in good hands the movie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Chaos War #1 preview:
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=37923

jalek moye
I miss funny herc already

amnesia
Why haven't any skyfather ever used those ingredients? You know.. To become ****ing omnipotent.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know about the other Skyfathers, but Odin didn't need it.

I miss funny herc already

Same here.

Incredible Hercules was a great series because it was very fun and suited Hercules well.

For some reason Pak flipped Hercules and Thor. He had Thor appear in the joke like mini that lead to a serious event which had Hercules as the main character. It's just....off.

jalek moye
Just the whole change is just meh to me. Unless he loses this power up in this event I doubt I'll care about the character anymore. Herc is the arrogant, womanizing, punch happy barbarian with a heart oif gold. Wise all powerful god doesn't suit him.

It better fits a more serious character. Also him and Thor not being able to have their fun fights is lame.

Warlord
hmmm so Mikaboshi is more than a god...

Colossus-Big C
Just the whole change is just meh to me. Unless he loses this power up in this event I doubt I'll care about the character anymore. Herc is the arrogant, womanizing, punch happy barbarian with a heart oif gold. Wise all powerful god doesn't suit him.

It better fits a more serious character. Also him and Thor not being able to have their fun fights is lame. of course he would eventually lose the power.
Remember Rune King Thor?
its good to give him a power up so he can save the universe, do you think regular hercules have a chance in chaos war?

Colossus-Big C
hmmm so Mikaboshi is more than a god... some of the gods in pantheons are actually more than gods.
Nyx for one, who is the greek embodiment of darkness is actually and abstract also and maybe the same person as mikaboshi

vansonbee
hmmm so Mikaboshi is more than a god... WTF does god even mean in Marvel universe?

Eternals, Hercules, Thor, blah... Beyonder lol

dmills
^^^No shyte. How many of these dark void pre-creation types are there? And nice job copying Annihilations premise. Way to be original Marvel.

Power Cosmic II
^^^No shyte. How many of these dark void pre-creation types are there? And nice job copying Annihilations premise. Way to be original Marvel.

as i've been arguing on cbr, they should just find mika and throw him in the cancerverse and let the two sides destroy each other and be done with it and then marvel can use the time to come up with something original.

Bentley
The only good thing about Chaos War is that Eternals get to interact with other characters, I don't know why they even try with the rest; Cosmic is a very dubious adjective for this event imo.

You're not cosmic unless there are bucket helmets and a raccoon using an absurdly large gun.

dmills
The only good thing about Chaos War is that Eternals get to interact with other characters, I don't know why they even try with the rest; Cosmic is a very dubious adjective for this event imo.

You're not cosmic unless there are bucket helmets and a raccoon using an absurdly large gun. Amen. And don't forget the hot sexy green chicks with swords and telepathic powers.

Warlord
^ weirdo...stick out tongue

Warlord
oh and it's a cosmic event with Thor in it. no restrictions from earth's fragile nature and characters. it will rock...eek!

vansonbee
oh and it's a cosmic event with Thor in it. no restrictions from earth's fragile nature and characters. it will rock...eek! Let hope he goes all out! big grin

With Hulk added to this event, I am bit disappointed. He currently has controlled mind-set, which isn't my favor Hulk version! I want like Doomsday killing Hulk ! rock

Warlord
let's see what Pak has in mind for both of them...

CosmicComet
**** Pak, except for the respect Herc is getting. Being above Zeus/Odin is a power up that he needed for once just like Thor did, for what will be an obviously short time of course.

Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
as i've been arguing on cbr, they should just find mika and throw him in the cancerverse and let the two sides destroy each other and be done with it and then marvel can use the time to come up with something original. the cancerverse is a pretty interesting concept and thanos imperative along with gog are excellent titles. Marvel's cosmic storylines have been consistently good for some years now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Heh, apparently Breevort thinks that Odin is more powerful than current Hercule who is far more powerful than Zeus. I know his opinion means shit but it made me smile.

dmills
Speaking of opinions what do you guys think about this statement from one reviewer.

IMO it's spot on. I think it's healthy distingish the two.

Warlord
nah. I don't bother.
To me cosmic is whatever has cosmic consequences, be it a "god" or an "abstract".

I mean the fight between Odin and Seth busted a galaxy. You can't dismiss it as a cosmic event

but all this is technicalities really. all that matters is the story to be good

dmills
I think the problem is that Marvel has never really distingished the two until recent times. It got to the point where cosmic fans could read Nova and Gotg without giving a damn about Marvel Earth.

dmills
Now with the two titles on "hiatus", we have to get into the more mainstream titles with mainstream characters to get our cosmic fix. That means Chaos War.

Bentley
As long as they keep doing about 4 cosmic minis at all times next year I think I'll survive, maybe something like Imperial Guard, Inhumans, Heralds/Nova and something like Age of Heroes or Strange Tales with new adventures each week -or two like this all year-. Could be fun.

My Guardians!

**** the inhumans and the imperial guard. The guardians of the galaxy is what it's all about.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
**** the inhumans and the imperial guard. The guardians of the galaxy is what it's all about.

Yeah, you're right sad

Something tells me an Enigma Force mini made by Pak can't probably replace them.

dmills
Oh and BTW did anyone catch Hiro-Kala referring to the World Mind? WTF is that all about?

Bentley
Oh and BTW did anyone catch Hiro-Kala referring to the World Mind? WTF is that all about?

That actually comes from the Micronauts, Acroyear it's from a race who used their whole planet as a weapon, when I first read that it made me think of the Old Power and it seems Pak followed the same path and mixed both. Good find in my eyes.

bagsikdangal101
Don't know if this will please any Thor fan, But this is a preview of Chaos War:Thor#1

Thor Vs Glory

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/13685storystory_full-2143489..jpg

About Chaos War:Thor

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27876

I guess this also says how powerful Amatsu Mikaboshi is since he can boss around a being that has the essence of an Entire Pantheon into one.

Warlord
why wouldn't it please a Thor fan?

Bentley
why wouldn't it please a Thor fan?

Pak uhuh

I actually liked many of the things Pak has done recently, I like him much better than Bendis, but since he has written such a hardcore Hulk I can only be a little wary.

CosmicComet
I don't think Pak will be writing Thor's little solo with Glory.

Warlord
he won't.
let's see how he treats the rest of the titles though

Colossus-Big C
Heh, apparently Breevort thinks that Odin is more powerful than current Hercule who is far more powerful than Zeus. I know his opinion means shit but it made me smile. scan or link?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by bagsikdangal101
Don't know if this will please any Thor fan, But this is a preview of Chaos War:Thor#1

Thor Vs Glory

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/13685storystory_full-2143489..jpg

About Chaos War:Thor

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27876

I guess this also says how powerful Amatsu Mikaboshi is since he can boss around a being that has the essence of an Entire Pantheon into one. there slaves actually, they either follow him or die

but its pretty weird how thor will be fighting a being who they describe as being as powerful as all the olympions merged with zeus
thor would probably win too erm

bagsikdangal101
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
there slaves actually, they either follow him or die

but its pretty weird how thor will be fighting a being who they describe as being as powerful as all the olympions merged with zeus
thor would probably win too erm

I was kind a worried that the writer might be Bendis.But I reread the site and found out it ain't Bendis.Still, its cool Thor gets his own story in Chaos War.And the fact Amatsu Mikaboshi sends a being this powerful to kill Thor might mean something big for the thunder god.There are lots of things happening in Chaos War.Ares returns in Chaos War:Ares,Chaos War: Dead Avengers,Chaos War:Alpha Flight,Chaos War:God Squad will take place between Chaos War#3 and #4 and might add another member in the squad,Even Amatsu Mikaboshi has his own book titled Chaos War:Chaos King that will explain his side of the story on why he wants to destroy everything.It might even feature the Amatsu-Kami pantheon.Here's a Q & A of things happening in Chaos War.

http://marvel.com/news/all.13888.wednesday_q%26a~colon~_chaos_war

Power Cosmic II
Marvel has posted a preview for Chaos War #2

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.14133.sneak_peek~colon~_chaos_war_%232

Preview shows Silver Surfer vs. Thor and Hercules, while Big G looks on

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/14133storystory_full-5616396..jpg

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/14133storystory_full-5616399..jpg

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/14133storystory_full-5616401..jpg

Warlord
seems good

Bentley
Yep, everybody wants to see Surfer fighting Thor and Hercules at once.

Warlord
Thor and Skyfather level Hrec.
Yes we do

blocked mjolnir with the board huh? smooth.

Sr J-Bieb
I bet that's the end of the 'fight'. laughing out loud

That doesn't help to sell me in that this is properly written though, but we'll see.

Warlord
I bet they'd start talking after that

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>